Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

nerves and self confidence

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I dont know if this is right place for this thread and I apologise if it is I will remove if so.

as a fairly new person to fab I was wondering if anyone else has or is really nervous around new people and if you have conquered it how did you do so.

Sorry for such a long opening post

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I was but people on here are great enjoy

over a year ago

we were at first, but find having a chat first helps ease everyone, along with a few beers, lol

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 31/07/13 19:53:37]

over a year ago

"we were at first, but find having a chat first helps ease everyone, along with a few beers, lol "

im not a big drinker though

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Stay on the forums and join in, sometimes there are socials and someone will always hold your hand, as for one on ones just be honest and say your a bit nervous

over a year ago

"Stay on the forums and join in, sometimes there are socials and someone will always hold your hand, as for one on ones just be honest and say your a bit nervous"

isnt it a buzz kill knowing that the other persons nervous though

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

Your right it is the right place, voice your views and enjoy. They are your opinions right or wrong speak up and be prepared to stand your ground

over a year ago

"I dont know if this is right place for this thread and I apologise if it is I will remove if so.

as a fairly new person to fab I was wondering if anyone else has or is really nervous around new people and if you have conquered it how did you do so.

Sorry for such a long opening post "

Firstly stop apologising , there is no need, you are asking a perfectly reasonable question, secondly nerves are conquered by doing the thing you are most nervous about, be it chatting to new people, or visiting a place you have never been before, just remember people don't want you to feel nervous around them, we have our own insecuritys to deal with, we're all the same deep down so just practise speaking to people you wouldn't normally speak to if you eat a bus stop and you see someone with a nice jacket that you like ask them where they got it, the more you speak yo people the eisier it gets, I used to be painfully shy, but my confidence grew so much I now regularly do stand up comedy something I never thought I could do 5 years ago, but if you have any questions or need some help either post in the forum or message me I don't mind at all .

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Think every 1s nervous on a 1st meet I no I am don't think you'd be normal if you wasn't or at least not with out disappearing up your own arse

over a year ago

I get really nervous before i meet someone still have to get over it myself....usually goes ok tho

over a year ago

"I dont know if this is right place for this thread and I apologise if it is I will remove if so.

Firstly stop apologising , there is no need, you are asking a perfectly reasonable question, secondly nerves are conquered by doing the thing you are most nervous about, be it chatting to new people, or visiting a place you have never been before, just remember people don't want you to feel nervous around them, we have our own insecuritys to deal with, we're all the same deep down so just practise speaking to people you wouldn't normally speak to if you eat a bus stop and you see someone with a nice jacket that you like ask them where they got it, the more you speak yo people the eisier it gets, I used to be painfully shy, but my confidence grew so much I now regularly do stand up comedy something I never thought I could do 5 years ago, but if you have any questions or need some help either post in the forum or message me I don't mind at all ."

Lol I said eat a bus stop meant at a bus stop lol

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"Your right it is the right place, voice your views and enjoy. They are your opinions right or wrong speak up and be prepared to stand your ground "

what he said

over a year ago

I did used to get horribly nervous and shake like a leaf..now I'm not too bad x

over a year ago

Firstly stop apologising , there is no need, you are asking a perfectly reasonable question, secondly nerves are conquered by doing the thing you are most nervous about, be it chatting to new people, or visiting a place you have never been before, just remember people don't want you to feel nervous around them, we have our own insecuritys to deal with, we're all the same deep down so just practise speaking to people you wouldn't normally speak to if you eat a bus stop and you see someone with a nice jacket that you like ask them where they got it, the more you speak yo people the eisier it gets, I used to be painfully shy, but my confidence grew so much I now regularly do stand up comedy something I never thought I could do 5 years ago, but if you have any questions or need some help either post in the forum or message me I don't mind at all .

Lol I said eat a bus stop meant at a bus stop lol"

I knew what you meant.

over a year ago

Be yourself and fuck the rest.

Seriously, you'll know if a guy or lass or couple are right for you by the message. Use the facilities in place to keep the nobheads at bay and do nothing, (that's NOTHING!!!!) If you feel uncomfortable or uncertain. Genuine guys will make sure there's no hidden surprises for you. After that use some common sense.

So, go and fuck the rest my young padawan!!

over a year ago

When I first started meeting people for socials I was a mess !! Could not pick up my drink because I was shaking so much .... But the more people you meet the easier it gets and you realise there is no need to worry its all ok .... So practice makes perfect

over a year ago

"I did used to get horribly nervous and shake like a leaf..now I'm not too bad x "

I go like this and always alwaus apologise for bein like it.

By *moothies.Couple
over a year ago

Woodthorpe

a first meet is the only time hubby has ever seen me nervous and quiet. he finds it highly amusing, but I'm fine once the action starts and chatty after.

I hope I'm getting better but still hate that hour before a meet. hoping for a second meet with someone soon and hoping that will be much easier

over a year ago

Not sure how the forums will help much really.

I think most people are nervous in some form or another when meeting new people.

over a year ago

"I did used to get horribly nervous and shake like a leaf..now I'm not too bad x

I go like this and always alwaus apologise for bein like it. "

Blag it hun !! They are probbably so turned on and thinking about what they wanna do to you ! They probably won't even notice

By *andWCouple
over a year ago

Pontypridd

"Stay on the forums and join in, sometimes there are socials and someone will always hold your hand, as for one on ones just be honest and say your a bit nervous"

I was nervous at a charity event a few years back and your personality certainly helped me relax so thankyou xx

over a year ago

Meeting new people is nervewracking in any context. I actually find it easier on fab than on normal dates, I mean you're both there for the same thing! And the other person finds yo attractive as they have seen pics so you've just got not to say something silly and you might well be in!

I think Fab has been fantastic for my self confidence, both socially and sexually and for my self-image. i'm definitely more confident than I was.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"Stay on the forums and join in, sometimes there are socials and someone will always hold your hand, as for one on ones just be honest and say your a bit nervous

I was nervous at a charity event a few years back and your personality certainly helped me relax so thankyou xx"

thank you, I remember that

over a year ago

"When I first started meeting people for socials I was a mess !! Could not pick up my drink because I was shaking so much .... But the more people you meet the easier it gets and you realise there is no need to worry its all ok .... So practice makes perfect "

I was the same, now I'm turning up with my cock in my hand. Self confidence you see

over a year ago

"we were at first, but find having a chat first helps ease everyone, along with a few beers, lol "

over a year ago

Nerves is good. If you stop getting nervous/excited then in my opinion its time to stop.... Socials and forums and chat rooms are great way to get to know people better .. confidence comes in lots of ways and becomes a great attraction to people. Just be you and I'm sure you'll do just fine. Enjoy

over a year ago

ive been doing this for 11 years and I still get nervous and feel sick when meeting new people, even now I have been known to back out of meets because I just cant face it when it comes to the crunch

By *andWCouple
over a year ago

Pontypridd

"Stay on the forums and join in, sometimes there are socials and someone will always hold your hand, as for one on ones just be honest and say your a bit nervous

I was nervous at a charity event a few years back and your personality certainly helped me relax so thankyou xxthank you, I remember that"

Between you Leanne and madchick there was no way I could feel nervous then, true diamond xx

By *oxerjoshleeMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

Firstly stop apologising , there is no need, you are asking a perfectly reasonable question, secondly nerves are conquered by doing the thing you are most nervous about, be it chatting to new people, or visiting a place you have never been before, just remember people don't want you to feel nervous around them, we have our own insecuritys to deal with, we're all the same deep down so just practise speaking to people you wouldn't normally speak to if you eat a bus stop and you see someone with a nice jacket that you like ask them where they got it, the more you speak yo people the eisier it gets, I used to be painfully shy, but my confidence grew so much I now regularly do stand up comedy something I never thought I could do 5 years ago, but if you have any questions or need some help either post in the forum or message me I don't mind at all ."

absolutely spot on.

I once went out with a girl who would be really nervous meeting new people and not in a swinging way, just everyday situations. She did conquer it tho by facing her fears and putting herself out of her comfort zone.

over a year ago

Im fine on just a social, but do tend to rabbit on a bit. But on a meet (got one tomorrow) im always very nervous, new people. But as others have said, stay in forums, you will be fine. It gets easier

over a year ago

"we were at first, but find having a chat first helps ease everyone, along with a few beers, lol

im not a big drinker though "

I would not recommend alcohol as a way of calming your nerves, specially if you're not used to drinking. You may end up doing things you would not do in a normal state and then regret it later.

Be in control at all times and after awhile you'll realize that those nerves/ adrenalin rush are actually a very good thing.

Good luck!

over a year ago

Sorry for such a long opening post Im fine on just a social, but do tend to rabbit on a bit. But on a meet (got one tomorrow) im always very nervous, new people. But as others have said, stay in forums, you will be fine. It gets easier "

You have your rabbit on during a social? Or do I need glasses lol

over a year ago

Sorry for such a long opening post Im fine on just a social, but do tend to rabbit on a bit. But on a meet (got one tomorrow) im always very nervous, new people. But as others have said, stay in forums, you will be fine. It gets easier

You have your rabbit on during a social? Or do I need glasses lol"

lmao I meant waffle but I said rabbit lol

over a year ago

Sorry for such a long opening post Im fine on just a social, but do tend to rabbit on a bit. But on a meet (got one tomorrow) im always very nervous, new people. But as others have said, stay in forums, you will be fine. It gets easier

You have your rabbit on during a social? Or do I need glasses lol

lmao I meant waffle but I said rabbit lol "

Shame the rabbit is more fun than a waffle even if it is a potato one lol

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Think every 1s nervous on a 1st meet I no I am don't think you'd be normal if you wasn't or at least not with out disappearing up your own arse "

Oh?!!

I have to go onto military bases to represent people who are being disciplined. I'm usually sat lower than the military brass in all their finery and literally talked down to. I have nerves of steel and don't feel nervous when I'm fighting for someones job, so I certainly don't get nervous meeting someone who is eager to meet me for sex!

Excited, every time, nervous no. If that makes me not normal and up my own arse, oh well!

over a year ago

"Think every 1s nervous on a 1st meet I no I am don't think you'd be normal if you wasn't or at least not with out disappearing up your own arse

Oh?!!

I have to go onto military bases to represent people who are being disciplined. I'm usually sat lower than the military brass in all their finery and literally talked down to. I have nerves of steel and don't feel nervous when I'm fighting for someones job, so I certainly don't get nervous meeting someone who is eager to meet me for sex!

Excited, every time, nervous no. If that makes me not normal and up my own arse, oh well! "

Glad your so together I used to get nervous about opening a door incase I tried to open it the wrong way, now look at me chatting away to gawgus women I've come a long way, it's not easy but it's doable lol

over a year ago

I struggle to socials outside work as I work with the public every day , once outside work I struggle , it's weird because its like I hit a brick wall !! But my friends outside fab don't see this because they have known me for years !!

over a year ago

" But my friends outside fab don't see this because they have known me for years !! "

im like this im quiet around friends but they no its part of me and I soon relax around them. If that makes sense.

sorry if it doesnt

By *HAEDRUS2013Man
over a year ago

LONDON

Being with peeps who have no expectations of my performance (or lack thereof) helps me. Try meeting partners who don't expect you to perform on command or go to socials-fantastic for testing the waters and meeting peeps as peeps. Good luck, and thanks for being open!

Post new Message to Thread