Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Kids in pubs

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Should kids be allowed in pubs or not ?

Personally, I don't think anyone under the age of 18 should be allowed in a pub - ever, not at lunch time, or at any other time.

Today we went out at 2.00 for a meal at our local pub, the meal was great but the place was full of kids screaming and shouting while the parents did bugger all to stop it from happening. Now I know the kids cannot be blamed for doing it but the parents should have the savvy to tell them to shut up.

Before anyone says it, I'll say it 1st -I am an old fashioned, boring non pc stick in the mud, but I think kids should not be let into pubs under any circumstances

What do you think ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
Forum Mod

over a year ago

We used to take our children to pubs that catered for children with big play areas ect

Would'nt have dreamt of taking them to a pub that was mainly for adults...boring for them and then they get agitated and miserable....and so would we lol

But I agree that parents should be more responsible for their children,theres nothing worse than screaming kids running all over the place when you're trying to have a nice meal

I thought most pubs had areas that were child free?

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Should kids be allowed in pubs or not ?

Personally, I don't think anyone under the age of 18 should be allowed in a pub - ever, not at lunch time, or at any other time.

Today we went out at 2.00 for a meal at our local pub, the meal was great but the place was full of kids screaming and shouting while the parents did bugger all to stop it from happening. Now I know the kids cannot be blamed for doing it but the parents should have the savvy to tell them to shut up.

Before anyone says it, I'll say it 1st -I am an old fashioned, boring non pc stick in the mud, but I think kids should not be let into pubs under any circumstances

What do you think ?"

I can understand why they do it.... introduce kids to alcohol early and they are apparently less likely to abuse it when they are older.. or so they say on the continent...

However I go to the pub for a drink and a good swear when the footballs on, so i actively avoid family pubs for that and go to my local a bit further up that doesn't let the little blighters in !!! lol

over a year ago

personally i think pubs should have how can i put it ppl like redcoats so us adults can eat in peace an get pissed lol

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"personally i think pubs should have how can i put it ppl like redcoats so us adults can eat in peace an get pissed lol"

lol.

I think if advertised as a "family" pub then fine - but have a section where the kids have to sit.

It is annoying to go out to eat and have to put up with the whining from other peoples kids, so maybe ONLY family pubs should allow it so that us childless peeps can have a choice.

over a year ago

now if macdonalds started selling beer would we need this thread lol

over a year ago

"now if macdonalds started selling beer would we need this thread lol"

Loll, if the beer tasted and smelled as bad as their food, I'd be giving it a wide berth ..

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"now if macdonalds started selling beer would we need this thread lol"

its bad enough being stuck in the queue at McD's behind the women wanting 5 happy meals... no way do i want to be behind the chavs wanting alcopops!!! lol

over a year ago

all kids should be banned from all public places, including shops, buses and train, of an town centers. messy noisey buggers

hehehehehehehehe

over a year ago

"all kids should be banned from all public places, including shops, buses and train, of an town centers. messy noisey buggers

hehehehehehehehe"

we got two ourselfs an actually agree ban the bairns lol

over a year ago

"all kids should be banned from all public places, including shops, buses and train, of an town centers. messy noisey buggers

hehehehehehehehe"

Now I definately agree with that sentiment - go to the top of the class

over a year ago

We always used to take our kids (now in their 20's) into pubs BUT only into "family-friendly" pubs-cum restaurants and only on the understanding that they would be on their best behaviour! If not they were banished to the car park lol!

It's the parents who should be banned - especially the ones who think their little darlings are cute when they run riot. They're NOT, they're just spoiled, runny-nosed, scummy, little mini-chavs who reflect accurately the sort of parents, family and communities they come from!!! ! Bring back corporal punishment - hanging's too good for parents who let their brats off the leash when I'm trying to drink!!!

Just don't get me going about kids on aeroplanes - it should be legal to give them general anaesthetic 2 hours prior to check in!!!

lol

over a year ago

"We always used to take our kids (now in their 20's) into pubs BUT only into "family-friendly" pubs-cum restaurants and only on the understanding that they would be on their best behaviour! If not they were banished to the car park lol!

It's the parents who should be banned - especially the ones who think their little darlings are cute when they run riot. They're NOT, they're just spoiled, runny-nosed, scummy, little mini-chavs who reflect accurately the sort of parents, family and communities they come from!!! ! Bring back corporal punishment - hanging's too good for parents who let their brats off the leash when I'm trying to drink!!!

Just don't get me going about kids on aeroplanes - it should be legal to give them general anaesthetic 2 hours prior to check in!!!

lol

"

take it you know us then lol

over a year ago

when i go to the pub i chain my kids up out side and chuk them some crips now and again

Forum Mod

over a year ago

When we were kids my mum and dad used to leave my brother and I outside in the car and just bring us a and a bag of crisps every now and then!

It was sooooo boring! but then so was the pub they used to go to lol

Even worse they used to drive home after!

By *eznhannahCouple
over a year ago

leeds

okay i,m gonna shout now

WHY DO PEOPLE BRING NEW BORN BABYS TO RESTRAUNTS....WHY WHY WHY ??????????

i feel better now,

as for kids in pubs, if its a family pub yes, but they sit with us the whole time, sad fact is a lot of pubs would go out of business if they didnt let kids in,

By *lirty14uMan
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

In the good old days, the rooms they were allowed in could have no bar in it, and walls between the kids room and the bar. Then they changed it from Separate Room to Separate Area, meaning it can just be a line on the floor.

That's where they went wrong.

over a year ago

Part of the plan in banning smoking from pubs and restaurants was to improve the facilities and make them more appealing to women and families. The pub culture has changed so much over the last 20 years that most of them now offering good food HAVE to cater for children as well as adults or pubs that don't provide for families they will see their revenue go to those that do.

The pub isn't the problem, it's the parents of the kids who don't exercise enough control over them, but then if a parent shouts at a child in public how many people would look at them and think, 'tut, bad parent', 'tsk, child abuser', etc etc ... this govt. have turned us into a nation of people afraid of each other, and if you DO ask someone to control their kids you are accused of 'denying them the liberty to express themselves' and given a smack in the mouth by some illiterate chav who knows he'd win a court case hands down.

over a year ago

"Part of the plan in banning smoking from pubs and restaurants was to improve the facilities and make them more appealing to women and families. The pub culture has changed so much over the last 20 years that most of them now offering good food HAVE to cater for children as well as adults or pubs that don't provide for families they will see their revenue go to those that do.

The pub isn't the problem, it's the parents of the kids who don't exercise enough control over them, but then if a parent shouts at a child in public how many people would look at them and think, 'tut, bad parent', 'tsk, child abuser', etc etc ... this govt. have turned us into a nation of people afraid of each other, and if you DO ask someone to control their kids you are accused of 'denying them the liberty to express themselves' and given a smack in the mouth by some illiterate chav who knows he'd win a court case hands down."

is it me or do ppl actually really no us

this all sounds exactly likie are day out today lol

By *evin5050Man
over a year ago

wolverhampton

Kids should be in seperate family rooms only. I took a ladyfriend to a "Harvester" for the early bird deal the other week and my god it was like a creche! Kid's running amok, screaming etc. Now when I was bringing up a family (ok - lomg time ago) we respected others peoples right to a quiet meal. Ok - I'm old, very much like Victor Meldrew - just shoot me and be done with it!!

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"Kids should be in seperate family rooms only. I took a ladyfriend to a "Harvester" for the early bird deal the other week and my god it was like a creche! Kid's running amok, screaming etc. Now when I was bringing up a family (ok - lomg time ago) we respected others peoples right to a quiet meal. Ok - I'm old, very much like Victor Meldrew - just shoot me and be done with it!! "

Bang!! lol

By *evin5050Man
over a year ago

wolverhampton

thanks for putting me out of old and lonely misery honeypotcouple - I deserved it!!!LOL.

By *ragon1Woman
over a year ago

Chesterfield

I have 2 kids and never take them inside pubs. When I go to the pub it is adult escape time!! Pubs are not the place for children

over a year ago

"I took a ladyfriend to a "Harvester" for the early bird deal the other week"

And they say romance is dead

By *yclopMan
over a year ago

belfast

If you take kids anywhere, you need to train them to behave. Sit the brat between two adults who will similtaniously whack them on the ear if they do anything wrong.

It is remarkable how quickly they learn if a little bit of pain is judiciously applied, but it is the parents responsibility to make the kids behave.

Parents who let their kids run riot should be banned along with the kids.

I know one restaurant which has a steel cage built into a corner near the door, it is labled "For the Incarceration of Bad Children", the proprietor gets his own kid to sit and play his computer game in for the occasional half hour to make it look used.

over a year ago

to be serious in this post for once i think a lot of u just like moaning, nothing wrong with taking kids to a pub lunch, as long as the parents aint sitting there getting pissed i sont think there is anything wrong with it, if u dont like it why dont u go and find a pub where no children are in there,

moaning minnies

By *lirty14uMan
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

""I took a ladyfriend to a "Harvester" for the early bird deal the other week"

And they say romance is dead "

What lady can turn down that inviting Salad Bar with all the crotons you could ever want....?

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Do harvesters still exist?

over a year ago

There was a town centre pub that i managed for a short time that had this couple of chavs who would come in and get shit faced, letting their 2 horrible little brats run about screaming while they drank at the bar. She once got irrate with a customer for telling her to shut her fucking kids up. She replied "don't you fuckin swear in front of my kids you fuckin cunt". I decided that instead of pointing out the irony that if she wanted to take her kids to the pub, she could take them to a different one. They didn't come back. Nobody minded

over a year ago

"There was a town centre pub that i managed for a short time that had this couple of chavs who would come in and get shit faced, letting their 2 horrible little brats run about screaming while they drank at the bar. She once got irrate with a customer for telling her to shut her fucking kids up. She replied "don't you fuckin swear in front of my kids you fuckin cunt". "

Q.E.D. :~(

By *evin5050Man
over a year ago

wolverhampton

Nothing wrong with a harvester - I know how to treat a lady!!!LOL

Should have kept my gob shut shouldn't I?

over a year ago

In my day lol we used to have to sit outside with a ricci (orange drink if you can remember them you as old as my pmsl) and a bag of crisps

Craigx

over a year ago

Not at all. I have a sliding scale of restaurants that I emply to seduce a woman depending on how gulli...er... easy to impress she is hehehe

** McDonalds for dopey women who would screw the back end of a bus if their pussies were large enough.

** BurgerKing for same (only if McD's was not available though - I do have standards u know)

** Pizza Express for that more upmarket Chavette who knows her Italian food - yeah right. One bottle of basic Sainsbury's Pinot Grichot and she thinks you're an international wine merchant and drops her kecks faster than speedy gonazales on amphetamine!

** Harvesters slip in about here somewhere but I'd only use it for lunchtime meals as they do an excellent all you can eat buffet for a set price which is fookin great coz if you dont like the minger that turns up to meet you you can make a right glutton of yourself, enjoy the meal, only pay a small price for it - and she'll hate you for being a filthy pig.

** For the more sophisticated woman I'd usually....... get blown out anyway.

although I have taken my gorgoues wife for an all expenses paid night at the Hilton recently. We have a lovely room with a view, chocolate strawberries and champagne waiting in our room on arrival, excellent dinner in their superb restaurant later that evening.

As I said, all expenses paid....

...By the Hilton coz they fucked up her company conference earlier in the year hehehe

By *yclopMan
over a year ago

belfast

Back to the subject!

I was in a restaurant in the town centre quite recently, fairly upmarket, couples and parties having pre-theatre dinners.

Couple at a table with a dreadful child who ran around screaming without their seeming to notice. Food was put in front of them and the child poured it's onto the linen tablecloth and spread it around with his hands, no reaction from the parents. He ran around again screaming and started to run up to other diners and leave baked bean hand prints on their cloths, again no reaction.

The Maitre De gathered his staff, descended on the table like locusts, removed everything from under the parents noses including the tablecloth. After a brief protest where they established they would not have to pay, the couple and child left to a slow handclap from all the other diners.

Parents must be made responsible for their kids behaviour.

over a year ago

Totally agree with last post...we had to endure endless meals at Brewers Fare etc when our kids were small. But there we trained them to sit nice and behave, and be respectfull and eat their bangers and mash or fish fingers while we ate reheated microwave kak!

BUT the upside was that from a fairly early age, we could then take them to better quality restaurants, and we all enjoyed good food, with no tantrums, or Embarrassing behaviour...except from dad lol!

As for pubs, we only ever went to pubs which sold food...would never go to pub with kids to get pissed. But I think its more a culture thing in this country....on the continent you can walk into any bar with kids and they are welcomed with open arms (providing they behave) as most of the punters are sipping a cple of beers or a wine.....not propping up the bar, and on their 17th pint!!!

over a year ago

"Totally agree with last post...we had to endure endless meals at Brewers Fare etc when our kids were small. But there we trained them to sit nice and behave, and be respectfull and eat their bangers and mash or fish fingers while we ate reheated microwave kak!

BUT the upside was that from a fairly early age, we could then take them to better quality restaurants, and we all enjoyed good food, with no tantrums, or Embarrassing behaviour...except from dad lol!

As for pubs, we only ever went to pubs which sold food...would never go to pub with kids to get pissed. But I think its more a culture thing in this country....on the continent you can walk into any bar with kids and they are welcomed with open arms (providing they behave) as most of the punters are sipping a cple of beers or a wine.....not propping up the bar, and on their 17th pint!!!"

Also on the continent kids,on the whole,are better behaved and more respectful than here.It seems we've cornered the market in bratishness.

For the most part it all comes down to yobs breeding yobs.

XXXX

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"Totally agree with last post...we had to endure endless meals at Brewers Fare etc when our kids were small. But there we trained them to sit nice and behave, and be respectfull and eat their bangers and mash or fish fingers while we ate reheated microwave kak!

As for pubs, we only ever went to pubs which sold food...would never go to pub with kids to get pissed. But I think its more a culture thing in this country....on the continent you can walk into any bar with kids and they are welcomed with open arms (providing they behave) as most of the punters are sipping a cple of beers or a wine.....not propping up the bar, and on their 17th pint!!!

Also on the continent kids,on the whole,are better behaved and more respectful than here.It seems we've cornered the market in bratishness.

For the most part it all comes down to yobs breeding yobs.

XXXX"

Yobs breeding yobs and lots of them. They cant just have one or two like hard working folk. Grrrr.

The kids that are well behaved should be welcomed out into pubs and restaurants - as lets be honest - they dont get past the computer keyboard much these days....

....oh pants - no thats me...lol

over a year ago

i dont belive kids should be in pubs they are for adults also i dont think pubs should serve food either a pub is for adults to drink in and a restaruant is for eating in too many children are subject to alcohol fulled situations theese days so children should not be allowed in pubs whot so ever

over a year ago

i have 3.....cant see anything wrong with taking them to somewhere to eat during the day....but i think beyond 7pm should be grown-ups only! though saying that in my local after 7pm the grown-ups are worse behaved than my kids! lol

over a year ago

Walk down any high street at closing time and you have to wonder if some adults should be allowed in pubs either.

over a year ago

there are family type pub and adult type pubs both of which normally do meal at dinner time, if you don't like kids there don't go to family pubs, simple as lol

over a year ago

I ran pubs for 12 years and my own kids were never allowed in them .. they were not family pubs the were drinkers pubs but people thought I was been arsey when I said no kids, but they would be the first to complain if some one was swearing or fighting in front of there kids.. ... Pubs that serve food should have a separate area for familys with kids under the age of 14 .. but again thats rare

over a year ago

should be kids pubs and drinking pubs , and should be clearly advertised as such so everyone knows what they getting into . personally though i reckon everyone under 18 is a bit unfair , how many of us were in pubs by the age of 15 or 16 ? quite a few i would imagine . maybe under 14's shouldnt be allowed in as they can be a bit mischevious in their behaviour ,but then again when im having a good session last thing i want to see is wee bairns running riot around me .

Post new Message to Thread