Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Water Meters.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just recently had water meters put in, got the first bill and its an awful lot of money to pay, considering there are only three of us and the man next doors is half as much and he has two kids and waters his vegtable garden.

they said we had been using 900 litres of water a day, and to think i have stopped buying bottled water because i thought it was a waste of money.

my hubby said its because i wash my hands too much as i fill up a bowl of water each time.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Consumer Council for Water webpage suggests 655 litres per day for a household of 7 people so 900 litres seems excessive (unless there are 9 of you??)

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Check for leaks between the meter and the house, been caught out by that one in the past, it was actually leaking at the joint on my side of the meter straight into the ground so it didn't notice.

By *ammyDodgaMan
over a year ago

Nottingham/and everywhere my location says i am ;)

"Check for leaks between the meter and the house, been caught out by that one in the past, it was actually leaking at the joint on my side of the meter straight into the ground so it didn't notice."

As above!! Is the meter in the street or in the house?

STW came and fitted them to everyone on my street, ( being a plumber I knew they'd dropped a bollock but didn't say owt) got the first bill and they wanted nearly a grand..

I asked them how they'd measured my usage as my main feeds 2 other houses but the meter is on my property. They argued it didnt. jobs worth came out. we turned the stop tap of.. low n behold the neighbours had no water

No more water meter

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Hmmm could be fun if the fit meters for my water.

Years ago whilst digging in the garden, went down with the spade and next thing water everywhere. Turned the water off at the mains outside my house and I had water but the house attached to mine didn't. Turns out their water pipe comes into my gardens and vice versa

Post new Message to Thread