Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Question for women

Jump to newest

By *mnipotent32 OP   Man
over a year ago

London

Ladies... have you ever been seduced by a guy here who doesn't fit your requirements stated on your profile?

Examples: you say you don't like short men, but end up with a short guy; you say don't like bald guys, but end up with one; you say you don't like younger guys, but end up with one

If that happened, what tipped the scales and made you compromise?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eareenaCouple
over a year ago

Rockford

[Removed by poster at 28/07/13 19:53:42]

By *eareenaCouple
over a year ago

Rockford

I know better than to say things like that. .. all sorts Of men interest me... I like the funny sweet and intelligent ones

By *opping_candyWoman
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

"Ladies... have you ever been seduced by a guy here who doesn't fit your requirements stated on your profile?

Examples: you say you don't like short men, but end up with a short guy; you say don't like bald guys, but end up with one; you say you don't like younger guys, but end up with one

If that happened, what tipped the scales and made you compromise?"

No because if they are outwith what I am looking for I'm not going to give the opportunity to change my mind.

By *ogistical NightmaresCouple
over a year ago

Manchester Area

Well white, was totally wrong for me on so many levels. But we met and well almost two years later..............

By *mnipotent32 OP   Man
over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 28/07/13 19:59:31]

By *mnipotent32 OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"I know better than to say things like that. .. all sorts Of men interest me... I like the funny sweet and intelligent ones "

I don't see a lot of requirements on your profile, except the obvious one - you don't wanna meet new people)

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

All the time. My preferences tend to become more flexible when I am in a club, not that they are amazingly strict in the first place. My preferences are more 'it would be nice if...', instead of 'you must be...'

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Not me.. I have preferences/standards and I'm not changing them to suit others.

I've been lucky enough to find exactly what suits me in a fun buddy

over a year ago

Yes... Only once, his voice changed my mind... We never stopped chatting and even now, I love to hear him talking to me...

Less hair on his head, not quite taller than me... Wouldn't change it ...

over a year ago

"I know better than to say things like that. .. all sorts Of men interest me... "

Strumpet...!!!

By *mnipotent32 OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"Not me.. I have preferences/standards and I'm not changing them to suit others.

I've been lucky enough to find exactly what suits me in a fun buddy "

So you wouldn't give a chance to a guy who puts an effort to win you and choose Justin Bieber type instead? (this is just a comparison, don't get upset

over a year ago

if someone keeps messaging me then i have sometimes met them just because of that.

over a year ago

Yes! On my previous profile I used to chat to someone who was working in the area for six months. He took me out for lunch as a thank you and we met quite a few times after that - for desert!

The second was a local who's now left the site unfortunately. He wasn't the 6'+ that I prefer but I happily took my heels off for him as he was gorgeous and very attentive

By *mnipotent32 OP   Man
over a year ago

London

I forgot to add one very important factor - it seems that for women face is everything that matters. If they like the face they're willing to forgive everything else. Why is it like that? I think for men it's always the body, isn't it?

over a year ago

"I forgot to add one very important factor - it seems that for women face is everything that matters. If they like the face they're willing to forgive everything else. Why is it like that? I think for men it's always the body, isn't it?"

Both mine were more good looking in the flesh than their pics so I suppose that bit is right. As for it always being the body for men, I doubt that in my case lol I put it down to my smile and my ability to chat my way out of or indeed into anything

over a year ago

"Not me.. I have preferences/standards and I'm not changing them to suit others.

So you wouldn't give a chance to a guy who puts an effort to win you and choose Justin Bieber type instead? (this is just a comparison, don't get upset"

Are you saying I should "give in" to persistence? No bloody chance!

Would you?

over a year ago

"I forgot to add one very important factor - it seems that for women face is everything that matters. If they like the face they're willing to forgive everything else. Why is it like that? I think for men it's always the body, isn't it?

Both mine were more good looking in the flesh than their pics so I suppose that bit is right. As for it always being the body for men, I doubt that in my case lol I put it down to my smile and my ability to chat my way out of or indeed into anything "

told you before its those legs x

over a year ago

"I forgot to add one very important factor - it seems that for women face is everything that matters. If they like the face they're willing to forgive everything else. Why is it like that? I think for men it's always the body, isn't it?

Both mine were more good looking in the flesh than their pics so I suppose that bit is right. As for it always being the body for men, I doubt that in my case lol I put it down to my smile and my ability to chat my way out of or indeed into anything told you before its those legs x"

lol they were covered up for the social meets

over a year ago

"I forgot to add one very important factor - it seems that for women face is everything that matters. If they like the face they're willing to forgive everything else. Why is it like that? I think for men it's always the body, isn't it?"

often its whats available at the time.

over a year ago

Both mine were more good looking in the flesh than their pics so I suppose that bit is right. As for it always being the body for men, I doubt that in my case lol I put it down to my smile and my ability to chat my way out of or indeed into anything told you before its those legs x

lol they were covered up for the social meets"

i couldnt make it

over a year ago

Both mine were more good looking in the flesh than their pics so I suppose that bit is right. As for it always being the body for men, I doubt that in my case lol I put it down to my smile and my ability to chat my way out of or indeed into anything told you before its those legs x

lol they were covered up for the social meetsi couldnt make it "

I meant the social meets I had with the two men lol not the social last night! I wasn't at that one either lol

over a year ago

lol they were covered up for the social meetsi couldnt make it

I meant the social meets I had with the two men lol not the social last night! I wasn't at that one either lol "

sorry i had a grey moment

over a year ago

I don't have any fixed requirements. But if someone pesters me it's an instant turn off.

over a year ago

If men are more interested in the womans body than their face I'm fucked !!! ...and not in a good way

over a year ago

"I don't have any fixed requirements. But if someone pesters me it's an instant turn off. "

yes it is usualy.

By *mnipotent32 OP   Man
over a year ago

London

So you wouldn't give a chance to a guy who puts an effort to win you and choose Justin Bieber type instead? (this is just a comparison, don't get upset

Would you?

"

Would I? I am not the one being courted (that wouldn't work anyway), so that's an impossible question to answer

over a year ago

" told you before its those legs x

I meant the social meets I had with the two men lol not the social last night! I wasn't at that one either lol

sorry i had a grey moment"

I have blonde moments all the time

By *mnipotent32 OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"If men are more interested in the womans body than their face I'm fucked !!! ...and not in a good way "

Well, it's a tough market. If a guy doesn't have Justin Bieber's face he's fucked as well, not in a good way)

over a year ago

No I have my preferences, those that interest me can message me, then I will decide from there, did do the long distance thing as last minute without social meet, was worth it but not sure I would risk it again as I might not be so lucky

over a year ago

" told you before its those legs x

sorry i had a grey moment

I have blonde moments all the time ;-aan)"

and what lovely ones they are im sure x

over a year ago

"If men are more interested in the womans body than their face I'm fucked !!! ...and not in a good way

Well, it's a tough market. If a guy doesn't have Justin Bieber's face he's fucked as well, not in a good way)"

Justin Bieber. ..are you having a laugh. .

over a year ago

No i don't think all men go for body. Mine isn't my best point but I do ok.... I think men also like a decent looking face too. There are lots of men also that can look past and actually might like a girl that's not the perfect size 10 or whatever.

over a year ago

Would you?

Would I? I am not the one being courted (that wouldn't work anyway), so that's an impossible question to answer"

Seems like a "Woe is me, I cant get the women I want" thread.

Everyone has preferences and standards, why should anyone change them to suit "persistent" men?

Oh, and for your info, Justin Beiber/Pretty Boys do nothing for me. I'm quite happy with what/who I have. A nice guy who's a demon in the sack.

over a year ago

"I forgot to add one very important factor - it seems that for women face is everything that matters. If they like the face they're willing to forgive everything else. Why is it like that? I think for men it's always the body, isn't it? No i don't think all men go for body. Mine isn't my best point but I do ok.... I think men also like a decent looking face too. There are lots of men also that can look past and actually might like a girl that's not the perfect size 10 or whatever. "

over a year ago

"I forgot to add one very important factor - it seems that for women face is everything that matters. If they like the face they're willing to forgive everything else. Why is it like that? I think for men it's always the body, isn't it? No i don't think all men go for body. Mine isn't my best point but I do ok.... I think men also like a decent looking face too. There are lots of men also that can look past and actually might like a girl that's not the perfect size 10 or whatever. "

over a year ago

Yes I've met people who don't tick all the usual boxes ! And that's usually because I've got a good vibe from them ! The same as I've not met some people who have ticked all the right boxes because I have got a bad vibe from them !!! Nothing for me is written in stone !!

By *mnipotent32 OP   Man
over a year ago

London

Would you?

Would I? I am not the one being courted (that wouldn't work anyway), so that's an impossible question to answer

Seems like a "Woe is me, I cant get the women I want" thread.

Everyone has preferences and standards, why should anyone change them to suit "persistent" men?

Oh, and for your info, Justin Beiber/Pretty Boys do nothing for me. I'm quite happy with what/who I have. A nice guy who's a demon in the sack. "

It's not about getting a woman that you want. It's about understanding why some things are like that in order to find a way to "bend the rules" I don't believe in a no win scenario. If I did, I wouldn't be successful in my life. Justin Bieber was just a placeholder of a "pretty boy", I asked you not to get upset)

By *mnipotent32 OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"Yes I've met people who don't tick all the usual boxes ! And that's usually because I've got a good vibe from them ! The same as I've not met some people who have ticked all the right boxes because I have got a bad vibe from them !!! Nothing for me is written in stone !! "

Well, if only there were more women like you - a lot more people would get laid)

over a year ago

"

It's not about getting a woman that you want. It's about understanding why some things are like that in order to find a way to "bend the rules" I don't believe in a no win scenario. If I did, I wouldn't be successful in my life. Justin Bieber was just a placeholder of a "pretty boy", I asked you not to get upset)"

Why do you need to find a "way to bend the rules"?

"I don't believe in a no win scenario" Are you so arrogant that you can't accept a no thank you?

I'm not upset in the slightest. Your sense of entitlement amuses me.

over a year ago

"I know better than to say things like that. .. all sorts Of men interest me... I like the funny sweet and intelligent ones "

That's me out then

over a year ago

"

It's not about getting a woman that you want. It's about understanding why some things are like that in order to find a way to "bend the rules" I don't believe in a no win scenario. If I did, I wouldn't be successful in my life."

So you're not interested in a woman cos you like her- just because you find her a challenge to win?

Maybe you should look for someone with those large sliding patio doors on their house as the problem might be how to shoehorn your ego in to the building

over a year ago

Me too

By *opping_candyWoman
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

To be honest if a guy is outside my preferences but continues to try his luck after I've said no thanks he's just going to get blocked. I don't find persistence charming.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I like 2 types of men but have met outside of my types and had a fantastic time

By *mnipotent32 OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"

It's not about getting a woman that you want. It's about understanding why some things are like that in order to find a way to "bend the rules" I don't believe in a no win scenario. If I did, I wouldn't be successful in my life. Justin Bieber was just a placeholder of a "pretty boy", I asked you not to get upset)

"I don't believe in a no win scenario" Are you so arrogant that you can't accept a no thank you?

"

I'm more than aware that I can't have all the women Besides, by bending the rules I meant doing something extra before you get to the "no thank you" part.

A simple example:

1. Average looking guy creates an account, uploads a selfie picture, gets rejected many times.

2. Same average looking guy hires a professional photographer who air brushes his pictures to make him look like a Brad Pitt (it's possible, have seen it). He gets to meet all the women he wants.

Bending the rules

By *opping_candyWoman
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

"

I'm more than aware that I can't have all the women Besides, by bending the rules I meant doing something extra before you get to the "no thank you" part.

A simple example:

1. Average looking guy creates an account, uploads a selfie picture, gets rejected many times.

2. Same average looking guy hires a professional photographer who air brushes his pictures to make him look like a Brad Pitt (it's possible, have seen it). He gets to meet all the women he wants.

Bending the rules"

3. Average looking guy with airbrushed picture meets loads of women who then say 'you look nothing like your picture' and he ends up sat alone in a lot of cafes.

over a year ago

"

A simple example:

Bending the rules"

2 wouldn't and haven't worked with me I'm afraid! both times the pictures were years out of date and the social meet was cut very short. I don't appreciate being deceived or having my time wasted.

The two men I mentioned in my earlier post were much better looking than their pics and that led to further meets and a lot of fun!

By *andWCouple
over a year ago

Pontypridd

"

A simple example:

Bending the rules

3. Average looking guy with airbrushed picture meets loads of women who then say 'you look nothing like your picture' and he ends up sat alone in a lot of cafes."

I was going to reply very similar to this, I love a bit of airbrushing for Facebook photos I must admit, but here is the one place I never alter my pics, it's important to me that people see the real me because if we meet they are going to see what I actually look like anyway x

By *lle adie 2Woman
over a year ago

newcastle upon tyne

For some reason I seem to go for the dork type on here, in real life my usual men are MEN types, big, huge, loud and protective

By *andWCouple
over a year ago

Pontypridd

And in answer to the original question we have met up with people outside of what we thought were our preferences generally if their outlook and personality attracted us and we felt we would have a great time with them x

By *mnipotent32 OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"

A simple example:

Bending the rules

3. Average looking guy with airbrushed picture meets loads of women who then say 'you look nothing like your picture' and he ends up sat alone in a lot of cafes."

Getting women to meet is the hardest part, wouldn't you agree? The guy gets a fighting chance Besides, it's not like women don't try to hide their deficiencies and show the good parts in their pictures. This is the game and everyone plays it

"The rules of fair play do not apply in love and war." (John Lyly)

over a year ago

"

A simple example:

Bending the rules"

I think you'll find the vast majority of women have brains and don't choose their friends by looks alone

Monster ego's, arrogance, pestering and deviousness are not attractive traits. Not with me at any rate.

By *opping_candyWoman
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

"

A simple example:

Bending the rules

3. Average looking guy with airbrushed picture meets loads of women who then say 'you look nothing like your picture' and he ends up sat alone in a lot of cafes.

Getting women to meet is the hardest part, wouldn't you agree? The guy gets a fighting chance Besides, it's not like women don't try to hide their deficiencies and show the good parts in their pictures. This is the game and everyone plays it

"The rules of fair play do not apply in love and war." (John Lyly)"

Getting women to meet by misleading them puts one on par with men pretending to be a couple in order to meet someone. After all, meeting women is the hardest part, right? I'm sure once they are in the room they couldn't possibly say no.

over a year ago

" Getting women to meet is the hardest part, wouldn't you agree? The guy gets a fighting chance Besides, it's not like women don't try to hide their deficiencies and show the good parts in their pictures. This is the game and everyone plays it

"The rules of fair play do not apply in love and war." (John Lyly)"

erm.....I don't try to hide anything What would be the point of that? I can't imagine anything more embarrassing than air brushing my pics so I'd have a perfect body, turn up with a wobbly one and being rejected there and then because of it!

I'm honest in my description on my profile and my face pic is only a few months old!!

over a year ago

"

It's not about getting a woman that you want. It's about understanding why some things are like that in order to find a way to "bend the rules" I don't believe in a no win scenario. If I did, I wouldn't be successful in my life.

So you're not interested in a woman cos you like her- just because you find her a challenge to win?

Maybe you should look for someone with those large sliding patio doors on their house as the problem might be how to shoehorn your ego in to the building "

By *inktherapyCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"Ladies... have you ever been seduced by a guy here who doesn't fit your requirements stated on your profile?

Probably personality - with maybe a touch of persistence thrown in

By *mnipotent32 OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"

A simple example:

Bending the rules

Getting women to meet by misleading them puts one on par with men pretending to be a couple in order to meet someone. After all, meeting women is the hardest part, right? I'm sure once they are in the room they couldn't possibly say no. "

A good quality picture is not misleading, pretending to be a couple is

By *mnipotent32 OP   Man
over a year ago

London

Probably personality - with maybe a touch of persistence thrown in "

This sounds like a reasonable comment Although few ladies here took this hypothetical topic as a personal attack, oh well

By *opping_candyWoman
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

"

A simple example:

Bending the rules

Getting women to meet by misleading them puts one on par with men pretending to be a couple in order to meet someone. After all, meeting women is the hardest part, right? I'm sure once they are in the room they couldn't possibly say no.

A good quality picture is not misleading, pretending to be a couple is"

You didn't say good quality, you said airbrushed to make one look like Brad Pitt (I'm guessing you mean to be good looking and not actually like Brad Pitt). That is altering looks.

I could be airbrushed to have a figure like Kelly Brook (would take some doing but they can work miracles with Photoshop these days), so would that be a 'good quality' photograph?

By *andWCouple
over a year ago

Pontypridd

This sounds like a reasonable comment Although few ladies here took this hypothetical topic as a personal attack, oh well"

I honestly don't think people took it that way, but what you seemed to be insinuating was that's it's ok to 'fib' a little shall we say to get somebody to meet you and then you are in with a better chance? Not so bad for me because Iam part of a couple but you must remember that alot of these ladies meet alone, now that's a scary thought that they would be turning up to meet somebody who had already set out to deceive don't you think?

By *mnipotent32 OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"

A simple example:

Bending the rules

A good quality picture is not misleading, pretending to be a couple is

You didn't say good quality, you said airbrushed to make one look like Brad Pitt (I'm guessing you mean to be good looking and not actually like Brad Pitt). That is altering looks.

I could be airbrushed to have a figure like Kelly Brook (would take some doing but they can work miracles with Photoshop these days), so would that be a 'good quality' photograph? "

I should have emphasized, that by air brushing I meant the face, because again of my observation that women prioritize looks of face over body In most of the cases you can change your body with good diet and exercising, but you can't change your face, unless going extreme (plastic surgery)

By *opping_candyWoman
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

Body, face, it all counts towards appearance. And you're talking about pretending to look differently to how you actually do look, which is deceptive.

By *mnipotent32 OP   Man
over a year ago

London

This sounds like a reasonable comment Although few ladies here took this hypothetical topic as a personal attack, oh well

I honestly don't think people took it that way, but what you seemed to be insinuating was that's it's ok to 'fib' a little shall we say to get somebody to meet you and then you are in with a better chance? Not so bad for me because Iam part of a couple but you must remember that alot of these ladies meet alone, now that's a scary thought that they would be turning up to meet somebody who had already set out to deceive don't you think?"

I don't see it as deceiving, I see it as making the best of what you've got and also getting a chance to use your other qualities which couldn't be used online A woman here said she met a guy, because of his voice. She wouldn't have met him judging from his picture and other stats. This is exactly what I am talking about - he was given a chance and they both turned out to be satisfied.

By *mnipotent32 OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"Body, face, it all counts towards appearance. And you're talking about pretending to look differently to how you actually do look, which is deceptive."

What I really meant is squeezing the best out of your face picture without altering face features. So technically, air brushing would make you look the best you could possibly look

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

I prefer tall guys but met a guy not much taller than me. Why? Gorgeous eyes and a fab kisser as it turned out.

By *opping_candyWoman
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

Have you got something in your eye?

over a year ago

I tried it but i didnt like it!

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"Body, face, it all counts towards appearance. And you're talking about pretending to look differently to how you actually do look, which is deceptive.

What I really meant is squeezing the best out of your face picture without altering face features. So technically, air brushing would make you look the best you could possibly look"

But it going to be disappointing when you turn up to the meet. Of course people are welcome to use clever angles and shadows to enhance their features, but actually using a programme to change how you look is a bit unfair.

Just be yourself. It may take longer to get a meet, but at least you're meet wants to meet you, not some doctored pic.

By *andWCouple
over a year ago

Pontypridd

I honestly don't think people took it that way, but what you seemed to be insinuating was that's it's ok to 'fib' a little shall we say to get somebody to meet you and then you are in with a better chance? Not so bad for me because Iam part of a couple but you must remember that alot of these ladies meet alone, now that's a scary thought that they would be turning up to meet somebody who had already set out to deceive don't you think?

I don't see it as deceiving, I see it as making the best of what you've got and also getting a chance to use your other qualities which couldn't be used online A woman here said she met a guy, because of his voice. She wouldn't have met him judging from his picture and other stats. This is exactly what I am talking about - he was given a chance and they both turned out to be satisfied."

I understand what you are trying to say, I just don't agree with it, if you alter looks it's deception, if you make sure your hair is groomed and you are dressed nicely for your pics then that is making the best of what you have

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"Body, face, it all counts towards appearance. And you're talking about pretending to look differently to how you actually do look, which is deceptive.

What I really meant is squeezing the best out of your face picture without altering face features. So technically, air brushing would make you look the best you could possibly look

But it going to be disappointing when you turn up to the meet. Of course people are welcome to use clever angles and shadows to enhance their features, but actually using a programme to change how you look is a bit unfair.

Just be yourself. It may take longer to get a meet, but at least you're meet wants to meet you, not some doctored pic."

*your

over a year ago

"

I honestly don't think people took it that way, but what you seemed to be insinuating was that's it's ok to 'fib' a little shall we say to get somebody to meet you and then you are in with a better chance? Not so bad for me because Iam part of a couple but you must remember that alot of these ladies meet alone, now that's a scary thought that they would be turning up to meet somebody who had already set out to deceive don't you think?"

Seems the majority feel the same way on this. Deception is NOT attractive and has no place in the swinging world.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I don't think there in any such thing as seducing or comprising as such because it makes it sound as if they are settlling for less than one would normally do....

However...............................

there have been people I have met where I probably wouldn't have found them to be my type, and when I have spoken to them they have completely blown me away to the point of thinking... hmmmm

I certainly wouldn't call that compromising my standards, more of someone I wasn't expecting to be on my wavelength....

over a year ago

I usually go for guys 6ft or over, but height doesn't matter in the slightest with the guy I see just now.

He's smart, sexy, funny, caring and has been really supportive while I'm going through a bit of a tough time.

I'm glad I didn't stick to my usual preferences. I'd have missed out on a lot of laughs with a lovely man

over a year ago

I forgot to add one very important factor - it seems that for women face is everything that matters. If they like the face they're willing to forgive everything else. Why is it like that? I think for men it's always the body, isn't it?

I don't agree with that yes easy on the eyes maybe but I think with women they like someone who can hold a conversation and have a laugh with and just be themselves.... So personality is maybe a big factor too....

over a year ago

I think I must be missing the point on this thread now as why would one feel the need to fib? What point is that? If I met someone for a social meet and realised that they had lied ie 24 not 42 I would walk away, report and block. Thing is if they lied about that, what else have they lied about, no thanks, prefer honest folks not liars

over a year ago

"I think I must be missing the point on this thread now as why would one feel the need to fib? What point is that? If I met someone for a social meet and realised that they had lied ie 24 not 42 I would walk away, report and block. Thing is if they lied about that, what else have they lied about, no thanks, prefer honest folks not liars "

I think the forum poster means that say your preference is a guy who is 6ft +, with a rugby build and is ages between 38-60. Say you went to a social and you saw a guy who fails on one or all of those. Have you slept with a guy like that or even just chatting in private and then just met up and ended up having fun as he seemed like a great guy. Even though he didn't meet your preferences.

over a year ago

"I think I must be missing the point on this thread now as why would one feel the need to fib? What point is that? If I met someone for a social meet and realised that they had lied ie 24 not 42 I would walk away, report and block. Thing is if they lied about that, what else have they lied about, no thanks, prefer honest folks not liars

I think the forum poster means that say your preference is a guy who is 6ft +, with a rugby build and is ages between 38-60. Say you went to a social and you saw a guy who fails on one or all of those. Have you slept with a guy like that or even just chatting in private and then just met up and ended up having fun as he seemed like a great guy. Even though he didn't meet your preferences. "

Actually the OP has changed the direction of this thread since he started it. The original question asked if anyone has met someone who was not what they were looking for. He's now saying it's ok to airbrush pics and to fib in order to get a meet!

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Altering looks is deceptive just as using an out of date pic is.

I habeas met men who have done both and they all tried 'but it's still a pic of me,not a fake pic' as justification - generally as I was walking away leaving them on their tod in a cafe!

I'm here to satisfy my fantasies so I choose the guys who match up to that. I turn down about 60% of the ones I meet for coffee cos they don't match up in the flesh - even the nice guys who look like their pics.

Women, no matter how horny, will walk away if it's not quite as they want it.

Not all men will. I have heard a lot of stories about men turning up for a meet to find that she'd used heavily doctored pics or out of date ones and many of them stayed and played anyway!

As for persistence and pestering: it's not attractive and smacks of begging and/or whining and is likely to lead to sarcasm and the block button.

OP how's about you read profile text and only message people who you not only fancy but who's preferences you match so there's a possibility they will fancy you? Just a thought...

By *mnipotent32 OP   Man
over a year ago

London

"Altering looks is deceptive just as using an out of date pic is.

I habeas met men who have done both and they all tried 'but it's still a pic of me,not a fake pic' as justification - generally as I was walking away leaving them on their tod in a cafe!

I'm here to satisfy my fantasies so I choose the guys who match up to that. I turn down about 60% of the ones I meet for coffee cos they don't match up in the flesh - even the nice guys who look like their pics.

Women, no matter how horny, will walk away if it's not quite as they want it.

Not all men will. I have heard a lot of stories about men turning up for a meet to find that she'd used heavily doctored pics or out of date ones and many of them stayed and played anyway!

As for persistence and pestering: it's not attractive and smacks of begging and/or whining and is likely to lead to sarcasm and the block button.

OP how's about you read profile text and only message people who you not only fancy but who's preferences you match so there's a possibility they will fancy you? Just a thought..."

Well, the coin has two sides, you just proved it yourself You said "many of them stayed and played anyway". Most of women aim to meet the guys who would normally be outside of their league and these guys go for it because they only want to relieve the pressure

over a year ago

"I think I must be missing the point on this thread now as why would one feel the need to fib? What point is that? If I met someone for a social meet and realised that they had lied ie 24 not 42 I would walk away, report and block. Thing is if they lied about that, what else have they lied about, no thanks, prefer honest folks not liars

I think the forum poster means that say your preference is a guy who is 6ft +, with a rugby build and is ages between 38-60. Say you went to a social and you saw a guy who fails on one or all of those. Have you slept with a guy like that or even just chatting in private and then just met up and ended up having fun as he seemed like a great guy. Even though he didn't meet your preferences.

Actually the OP has changed the direction of this thread since he started it. The original question asked if anyone has met someone who was not what they were looking for. He's now saying it's ok to airbrush pics and to fib in order to get a meet! "

Hence my comment as I was responding to comments made in the thread not his original post

Post new Message to Thread