Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

In hosital. Bored.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi everybody

I was addmitted to hospital on Friday as the battery has gone flat in my pacemaker.

Anybody interested in msg. me to keep me company over the next few days.

NSA. Just msg to pass the time.

Thanks

Colin

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *opping_candyWoman
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

I'm the world's worst messager but I hope your stay is a short one!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hope ur home soon and all is well xx

By *r Mahogany70Man
over a year ago

Leicester

Dude, seriously, starting this thread is probably not the best way to attract any potential play mates

over a year ago

Aawww hope you're recharged and full of va va voom again soon

over a year ago

"Dude, seriously, starting this thread is probably not the best way to attract any potential play mates"

I think he just wants a chat, hospitals are bad at the best of times, weekends even worse! i was in one through the snows of january having a heart operation myself.

k

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

I feel for you mate. If its anything like my iPhone, I have to plug it in at least 4 times a day.

over a year ago

Pmsl

over a year ago

Hope youre charged and ready to go soon.Hate being in hospital at weekends but its my job. Hope the nurses are looking after you xx

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Hi everybody

I was addmitted to hospital on Friday as the battery has gone flat in my pacemaker.

Thanks

Colin

"

Hope ypu're getting lots of messages Colin and they aren't too saucy it might run your pacemaker battery down even more .

How on earth do they change or charge the battery?

over a year ago

I'm sure they're looking after you well and hope you'll be home very soon!

By *opping_candyWoman
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

"Hi everybody

Thanks

Colin

Hope ypu're getting lots of messages Colin and they aren't too saucy it might run your pacemaker battery down even more .

How on earth do they change or charge the battery?"

I imagine they have to go in and get it

over a year ago

"Hi everybody

Thanks

Colin

How on earth do they change or charge the battery?"

They shove a plug up his ......

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Hi everybody

"

And you're still in on Sunday?

Changing a battery is the work of a few minutes. I'm tempted to say one of the Timson's watch repair guys could do it (but that'd be a bit of an exaggeration).

Equally, I'm surprised they didn't suss it was running down before hospitalisation was needed.

And more; do you have any idea how many times it's 'gone off' since it was fitted? What's the chances of it being needed between Friday and Monday?

By *r Mahogany70Man
over a year ago

Leicester

"Dude, seriously, starting this thread is probably not the best way to attract any potential play mates

I think he just wants a chat, hospitals are bad at the best of times, weekends even worse! i was in one through the snows of january having a heart operation myself.

k"

I get that he's just after a chat but I've found from personal experience that your profile can get looked at on the strength of what you've written in a thread and a meet is the result

At his age (65) he'll be excluded by the vast majority of women/couples on here and advertising you have a heart condition will not further his cause

OP, I hope you're fit and well soon...

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Hope ypu're getting lots of messages Colin and they aren't too saucy it might run your pacemaker battery down even more .

How on earth do they change or charge the battery?

They shove a plug up his ...... "

Modern pacemakers come with a retractable flex which exits the body via the anus and plugs into any domestic wall socket.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

The OP seems to have blocked all men. Bit shortsighted.

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"The OP seems to have blocked all men. Bit shortsighted."

Why?

By *r Mahogany70Man
over a year ago

Leicester

"The OP seems to have blocked all men. Bit shortsighted.

Why? "

My thought too

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Why?

My thought too"

He asks for messages to pass the time. He's straight and mentions NSA.

By blocking men, he's cutting out a huge tranche of potential 'chatters'.

Factor in the fact that far more men than women have first hand experience of pacemakers and the number is reduced further.

By *r Mahogany70Man
over a year ago

Leicester

Why?

My thought too

Factor in the fact that far more men than women have first hand experience of pacemakers and the number is reduced further."

I understand your comment now

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

Why?

My thought too

Factor in the fact that far more men than women have first hand experience of pacemakers and the number is reduced further."

Ok you answered it yourself, he's straight so I presume he wants to speak to females and possibly couples and probably not about his pacemaker!

Anyway, OP hope you feel better soon

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Before anyone gets worried about getting a pacemaker patient too excited - a pacemaker isn't about a heart which goes too fast, it's to stop it going too slow.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"...........

Ok you answered it yourself, he's straight so I presume he wants to speak to females and possibly couples and probably not about his pacemaker!

Anyway, OP hope you feel better soon "

He mentions NSA.

What does it matter who offers him good wishes and maybe an insight into pacemakers, battery changing and so on?

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Why is it so hard to believe that someone would rather speak to people they are looking for rather than people who will pick holes in his post?

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

To the OP...I am sure you are getting all the advice you need about pacemakers from the people who are looking after you....so good luck in finding some light replief in your mailbox

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Why is it so hard to believe that someone would rather speak to people they are looking for rather than people who will pick holes in his post? "

In this instance because he went out of his way to state NSA. It's clearly not a question of sex or not wanting to talk to men.

I suspect all that's happened (and we see it all too often) is that he's forgotten he's blocked all men.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

It wasn't that I was referring to, it was you picking holes about why he is in hospital that might make him not want you in his mailbox....

Either way, maybe let people use their filters without the need to question them...we all have a right of who to block

over a year ago

Some folk on here are just judgemental eejitts!

Get well soon Colin I will message yer even if I'm a lezzer! Lol

I've had lots of stays in hospitals for big ops and fans helped me threw it

Stay cheerful chuck and ignore the jumped up farts who try n bring you down on here xx

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"It wasn't that I was referring to, it was you picking holes about why he is in hospital that might make him not want you in his mailbox....

................"

I wasn't picking holes. I'm genuinely interested. I've had a pacemaker for 4-5 years come September and I value other people's experiences - especially re battery life cos each one of us is different, particularly in relation to how often it goes off.

By *opping_candyWoman
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

"Why is it so hard to believe that someone would rather speak to people they are looking for rather than people who will pick holes in his post?

In this instance because he went out of his way to state NSA. It's clearly not a question of sex or not wanting to talk to men.

I suspect all that's happened (and we see it all too often) is that he's forgotten he's blocked all men."

He may well mean nsa filthy flirty chat with women and couples? NSA doesn't have to mean clean lol

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

I think he meant no saddos attached

By *opping_candyWoman
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

"I think he meant no saddos attached "

Or no shoes?

over a year ago

"I think he meant no saddos attached "

over a year ago

Get well soon xx

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

He's not ill. He's got a pacemaker. It needs a new battery. - a bit like a torch.

The torch isn't ill either.

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"He's not ill. He's got a pacemaker. It needs a new battery. - a bit like a torch.

The torch isn't ill either.

"

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"I feel for you mate. If its anything like my iPhone, I have to plug it in at least 4 times a day. "

Righ....yun!!!

By *yphoon1Man
over a year ago

Make sure u are the right way round on table if they are removing your tonsils

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

You learn something new every day: gives new meaning to having to recharge ones batteries! I have visions of a three plug socket on the op chest with a Nokia charger leading of it!

Hope you're discharged soon op.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Having seen the comments in the forum; I wish I had'nt bothered asking for "company"

I feel worse now. Just fed up that a simple request could cause so much hurt.

By the way, my pacemaker actualy controls my brain not the heart. It is a DEEP BRAIN STIMULATOR

If this is how the comunity act when someone asks for help, I dont think i'll bother again.

To those who did give encouragement. A GREAT BIG THANK YOU

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Wow I have just read up on that, it is amazing what they can do now isn't it.

over a year ago

"Having seen the comments in the forum; I wish I had'nt bothered asking for "company"

By the way, my pacemaker actualy controls my brain not the heart. It is a DEEP BRAIN STIMULATOR

If this is how the comunity act when someone asks for help, I dont think i'll bother again.

To those who did give encouragement. A GREAT BIG THANK YOU"

Best wishes and hope you are Out Of The hospital soon. Don't let the 'attention seekers' on the forums make you feel worse. Life's too short and that....

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

I've never heard of one of those and only just seen this thread OP. hope your all sorted and on the mend. Xx

over a year ago

"Dude, seriously, starting this thread is probably not the best way to attract any potential play mates

kI get that he's just after a chat but I've found from personal experience that your profile can get looked at on the strength of what you've written in a thread and a meet is the result

At his age (65) he'll be excluded by the vast majority of women/couples on here and advertising you have a heart condition will not further his cause

OP, I hope you're fit and well soon..."

Blimey, I can't believe you've just written all that. Life isn't all about swinging meets. I think this is a man in hospital feeling bored and lonely who just wants some friends and some chat

over a year ago

"Hi everybody

Thanks

Colin

"

I hope you soon get better and that your hospital stay is not too long. I also hope they are managing to keep you cool on these humid days as not all hospitals seem to have air con

XX

over a year ago

"Dude, seriously, starting this thread is probably not the best way to attract any potential play mates"

And using the word "Dude" is???

By *ichaelangelaCouple
over a year ago

notts

"You learn something new every day: gives new meaning to having to recharge ones batteries! I have visions of a three plug socket on the op chest with a Nokia charger leading of it!

Hope you're discharged soon op. "

ha ha ....you realise what you said there lol ?? "hope your discharged soon" .... absolute classic... love it lol

over a year ago

"I feel for you mate. If its anything like my iPhone, I have to plug it in at least 4 times a day. "

you're all heart, you! xx lol

over a year ago

"Having seen the comments in the forum; I wish I had'nt bothered asking for "company"

To those who did give encouragement. A GREAT BIG THANK YOU

Best wishes and hope you are Out Of The hospital soon. Don't let the 'attention seekers' on the forums make you feel worse. Life's too short and that....

"

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"

Hope you're discharged soon op. "

Hahaha

Post new Message to Thread