Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How long is too long

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

A lot of people on here have said they wont meet anyone who has been on the site a long time but has no veri's. So, how long is 2 long for you? 6 month? 1 year?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

For a woman I would say 3 months... Couple 6 months and guy a year xxx

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"For a woman I would say 3 months... Couple 6 months and guy a year xxx"

I've been on 2 month, so still a bit to go

over a year ago

I'd even go lower than that for a woman, maybe even as low as a month unless there was something in their profile to explain why. When Ruby went out looking for single guys, she was inundated and I can't imagine it's any different for any other woman on here. Even if the woman in question admits to being 'choosy' after a couple of weeks they will have received so many intros from guys (assuming that's what they're looking for) only someone who isn't really serious about being here wouldn't have found at least one person who tickles their fancy...

Just my humble opinion though (dons tin helmet...)

ted.

over a year ago

I say three months as it can be quite intimidating for a new female on here.

over a year ago

Definitely different times for the different groups, much easier for a woman to meet, so maybe even less than 3 months. But I couldn't agree more for the rest

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

It was 6 months before I met a guy, I wasn't going to meet someone for the sake of it. If someone doesn't like the way I do things then tough

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"For a woman I would say 3 months... Couple 6 months and guy a year xxx

I'd even go lower than that for a woman, maybe even as low as a month unless there was something in their profile to explain why. When Ruby went out looking for single guys, she was inundated and I can't imagine it's any different for any other woman on here. Even if the woman in question admits to being 'choosy' after a couple of weeks they will have received so many intros from guys (assuming that's what they're looking for) only someone who isn't really serious about being here wouldn't have found at least one person who tickles their fancy...

ted."

thats a very large assumption and generalization

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

If it says over a year on a male profile then that is too long. My reason is that profiles that are 5 years old also just say over a year.

over a year ago

"If it says over a year on a male profile then that is too long. My reason is that profiles that are 5 years old also just say over a year."

I'd give it 6 months for a male

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I had my first meet the day after I joined.

over a year ago

ted.thats a very large assumption and generalization"

It may well be, but facts are facts. Women can pick and choose at leisure on this and similar sites. No one knows the true ratio of single guys:single women. Some claim it can be as high as 100:1, maybe even more.

Even if it were 10:1, that - in very simple terms - should indicate that a woman 'could' find a guy she likes ten times quicker than the other way around. If people are giving single guys a year, then 1/10th of a year is just over a month.

I can only go on what I saw of the response to Ruby's single profile, but I know from what others have said time and time again in the forums that it was far from unusual - and she found a dozen guys worth at least chatting to in the first couple of days, and her first meet within two weeks with virtually no effort on her part.

ted.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

ted.thats a very large assumption and generalization

It may well be, but facts are facts. Women can pick and choose at leisure on this and similar sites. No one knows the true ratio of single guys:single women. Some claim it can be as high as 100:1, maybe even more.

Even if it were 10:1, that - in very simple terms - should indicate that a woman 'could' find a guy she likes ten times quicker than the other way around. If people are giving single guys a year, then 1/10th of a year is just over a month.

I can only go on what I saw of the response to Ruby's single profile, but I know from what others have said time and time again in the forums that it was far from unusual - and she found a dozen guys worth at least chatting to in the first couple of days, and her first meet within two weeks with virtually no effort on her part.

ted."

I had 100,s of messages didn't mean i wanted to meet them, plus I take my safety in to account as I meet/met at home. But if people want to think I'm not Here to meet thats up to them. I don't go for the first thing that comes my way

over a year ago

i've got to be honest its not something I think about, if I chat to someone and like them I don't care how long they have been on and not verified, I certainly wouldn't turn down a meet based on the fact they have not been verified

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I was inundated with more than three pages of messages in the first couple of hours. It was impossible to answer them all or even read them. But there were quite a few who I thought I would like to meet.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Some people are on here not to meet at all. Generally meeting about 6 months for a guy, I suppose.

By *win PeaksCouple
over a year ago

Northamptonshire

It doesn't really worry us as we mostly meet people in clubs, I don't find private meets comfortable. I am very happy to chat with newbies, maybe have a coffee, but any play meet would be in a club, if they don't turn up we haven't wasted the evening as we can always find someone else to 'chat' with

N

By *wfirsttimersCouple
over a year ago

kendal

[Removed by poster at 24/07/13 17:42:53]

By *wfirsttimersCouple
over a year ago

kendal

[Removed by poster at 24/07/13 17:44:09]

By *wfirsttimersCouple
over a year ago

kendal

"It doesn't really worry us as we mostly meet people in clubs, I don't find private meets comfortable. I am very happy to chat with newbies, maybe have a coffee, but any play meet would be in a club, if they don't turn up we haven't wasted the evening as we can always find someone else to 'chat' with

N"

This

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"i've got to be honest its not something I think about, if I chat to someone and like them I don't care how long they have been on and not verified, I certainly wouldn't turn down a meet based on the fact they have not been verified "

I'm always happy to be their first veri

Post new Message to Thread