FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

there's a rat in me kitchen what am I gonna do...?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

well, it's actually a very cute little mouse, but I want it gone nonetheless!

Any ideas for getting rid of the little shit without harming him?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Get a cat?

over a year ago

Or, more seriously, Google home-made mousetraps - they should tell you how to trap it humanely.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I would be freaked had a mouse in my kitchen once and lost the plot which is weird as we have had pet mice. I'd die on the spot if I saw a rat

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

it will be mice in a few days .. get it quick

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Open your back door and place a piece of cheese on the path. When he goes out to eat it, quickly run and shut the door.

Don't forget to show him the finger afterwards

over a year ago

"very cute little mouse/little shit"

Make your mind up!

I think I once heard you can make a simple mouse trap by putting some cheese in a toilet roll or something.

over a year ago

landlord wont allow a cat, and I dont wanna hurt it...just want it out me kitchen! lol

I would also die if it had been a rat...still, home alone with Mr mouse is not my idea of a nice night in! Just glad my kitchens pretty far away from the lounge and bedroom!

over a year ago

"it will be mice in a few days .. get it quick "

I know! I just cant bare the thought of hurting it!

over a year ago

I'm gonna fix that rat thats what I'm gonna do,

I'm gonna fix that rat.

over a year ago

"Open your back door and place a piece of cheese on the path. When he goes out to eat it, quickly run and shut the door.

Don't forget to show him the finger afterwards "

I live in a first floor flat, my kitchen is a long way away from the door

over a year ago

no such thing as "a" mouse.o dear o dear o dear.act quickly

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Open your back door and place a piece of cheese on the path. When he goes out to eat it, quickly run and shut the door.

I live in a first floor flat, my kitchen is a long way away from the door "

Even better. Put it on the window sill. That will show the little turd who's boss

over a year ago

"no such thing as "a" mouse.o dear o dear o dear.act quickly"

ssshhhh, I'm here alone! I won't sleep!

over a year ago

"I'm gonna fix that rat thats what I'm gonna do,

I'm gonna fix that rat. "

When I read the title of this post ...that's the first song that sprang to me

By *andWCouple
over a year ago

Pontypridd

Can you chase it into a corner to pick it up? X

over a year ago

Even better. Put it on the window sill. That will show the little turd who's boss "

"put it"????????? you want me to touch it??? Not a fecking chance!

over a year ago

"I would be freaked had a mouse in my kitchen once and lost the plot which is weird as we have had pet mice. I'd die on the spot if I saw a rat"

I saw a rat in my dad's old house on the day I moved out thank fuck! he had mice too, I didn't stay there long after that. hmmm about a day I think and I moved all the way from london to stoke hehe

over a year ago

Ya just bat it don't ya

over a year ago

They don't really like cheese, they prefer chocolate! I'd kill the little sod or it'll just invite it's friend round!

over a year ago

"no such thing as "a" mouse.o dear o dear o dear.act quickly"

Yeah, the little feckers hunt in packs, ya know....

over a year ago

Drink some "Red Red Wine"

over a year ago

Get a jack Russell. Mines caught a few!

over a year ago

"Drink some "Red Red Wine""

That's "food for thought"

over a year ago

"Drink some "Red Red Wine"

That's "food for thought" "

Well, if ya want some, Bring me your cup....

over a year ago

Longworth traps

They'll do the trick, pick the bugger up and put him over the neighbours fence

over a year ago

If you live in a flat and seen one mouse, the chances are you have mice

Get a trap. And if you have a loft, get up there with bait bags. Then find any holes in the walls ( around pipe work usually) and cement them up

We get the odd mouse come in the back door but a few years back we were over run. They were following the boiler pipes from the garage into the roof space and down to the hot tank and into the house

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG51Z_RLwT0

over a year ago

I would have been screaming so loud they would hear me the other side of the world, and you talking about not harming it!!!!!

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Even better. Put it on the window sill. That will show the little turd who's boss

"put it"????????? you want me to touch it??? Not a fecking chance! "

The cheese silly

over a year ago

Mice don't go for cheese, try chocolate or peanut butter, you can buy humane traps but you have to release them quite a long way away from your flat or they will just come back. They can apparently get through holes about the size of a pencil... I had loads of mice in a house last year, my Staffy cleared them out pretty quickly, I was quite impressed really, as soon as he heard them he'd find a perch either on the sofa or bed and wait to pounce. My neighbour who had a cat was well jealous.

By *insfordcoupleCouple
over a year ago

winsford cheshire

Ring your landlord to get rid.

over a year ago

You invade my space

Make me feel disgraced

And you just don't give a damn

If I had my way

If I had my say

I'd like to see you hang

lighthearted stuff eh!

over a year ago

"Ring your landlord to get rid."

He'll probably chuck her out for keeping a pet....!

over a year ago

"Ring your landlord to get rid."

They will just put poison down, dead mice will smell if you can't find and get rid of the bodies

over a year ago

If theres one mouse, theres usually a nest. Dont waste your time with traps or humane traps. You wont get them all.

Use a poison that makes them bleed internally and they also take this back to their young to feed them. It does seem cruel but its the best way. Just make sure its well away from children, cats and dogs. All good hardware stores stock it

over a year ago

mouse trap and cholate............. not cheese lol works every time

By *bovethekneeCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire / Herefordshire

We get loads on the farm at this time of year as they run in from harvested fields. Most supermarkets or garden centres sell friendly mouse traps. Use peanut butter and put a dollop at the far end of the trap. They will get in and you will hear it rattle as they try to get out. It stresses them a bit so they will wee in it but just wash it after. Take trap and mouse a mile away from home and release it. Job done.

over a year ago

you can borrow my monitor lizard Alfie if you like

over a year ago

"We get loads on the farm at this time of year as they run in from harvested fields. Most supermarkets or garden centres sell friendly mouse traps. Use peanut butter and put a dollop at the far end of the trap. They will get in and you will hear it rattle as they try to get out. It stresses them a bit so they will wee in it but just wash it after. Take trap and mouse a mile away from home and release it. Job done."

thanks, will pick one up tomorrow!

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

"just put poison down, dead mice will smell if you can't find and get rid of the bodies"

Think twice Before you use Poison..!!!

We Did that recently because we Really Had a Rat in my Kitchen..

Hubby then had to Rip-saw Thru the Floor-Boards to Pick the Fecking dead Smelly Thing Up..

They Really Stink your house out when they die.. it was awful and the smell lasted for days on end..

over a year ago

"just put poison down, dead mice will smell if you can't find and get rid of the bodies

Think twice Before you use Poison..!!!

We Did that recently because we Really Had a Rat in my Kitchen..

Hubby then had to Rip-saw Thru the Floor-Boards to Pick the Fecking dead Smelly Thing Up..

They Really Stink your house out when they die.. it was awful and the smell lasted for days on end.. "

yeah, I don't wanna kill it anyway, I'll try a humane trap tomorrow, if nothing by the next morning the landlord can sort it!

By *livia_KWoman
over a year ago

South London

OMG I WOULD SCREAM AND THEN DIE if I had one of those in my kitchen!

Well I nearly did once when I had one. I screamed and ran out into the back garden. I had to phone my housemate's boyfriend who was at the pub round the corner. He had to come and save me because no one else was home!

I am terrified of mice. TERRIFIED. It is the one thing that send me into a screaming blubbering shaky mess. It's embarrassing.

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

"

yeah, I don't wanna kill it anyway, I'll try a humane trap tomorrow, if nothing by the next morning the landlord can sort it! "

Not So Sure about down south but up here you need to report it to the council.. and they just use poison..

over a year ago

" Think twice Before you use Poison..!! They Really Stink your house out when they die.. "

^^^ this!!

By *andWCouple
over a year ago

Pontypridd

"We get loads on the farm at this time of year as they run in from harvested fields. Most supermarkets or garden centres sell friendly mouse traps. Use peanut butter and put a dollop at the far end of the trap. They will get in and you will hear it rattle as they try to get out. It stresses them a bit so they will wee in it but just wash it after. Take trap and mouse a mile away from home and release it. Job done."

over a year ago

if you insure there is nothing there the mouse can eat get to no food consistently !

it will eventually go elsewhere looking for food

you will need patience

over a year ago

I am absolutely terrified of mice and rats. Luckily I don't get to see them very often but I live near a river and I'm always jumpy when I walk along the riverbank

over a year ago

Do NOT be fooled by them..... yes THEM!

There is rarley just the one!

I tried the "catch" it with a shoe box, tried the catch boxes, tried most things that didnt kill it cos it was a cute little deffencless mouse, dont be fooled it will get places you hadnt even though existed!

After eating my cornflakes, poridge and crisps it went onto eating through plaster into living room to nest behind the boiler, after pooing all over including my cutlery drawer Mr said enough was enough! Poision and chocolate in traps got 2 of them ans a smell for a few weeks behind the boiler is enough that I wouldnt hesitate to kill the little bleeders straight away next time.

over a year ago

I still say just smack it!

over a year ago

it's already mice, they are never alone

over a year ago

I will lay a few humane traps, if more than one is caught, I'll have to get pest control in

over a year ago

"if you insure there is nothing there the mouse can eat get to no food consistently !

it will eventually go elsewhere looking for food

you will need patience "

Oh no they won't! Mice and rats will eat anything they can get hold of. Paper, plastic, wood, candles I had a rat in my kitchen a few years ago and the little bastard had eaten it's way through all those things, including my skirting board! Mice are no different just because they're smaller!

over a year ago

no food no mice ! Simples

over a year ago

And they breed like bloody mice too! Oh, hang on...

over a year ago

Could try an ultrasonic rodent Repeller. Can get them on the net.Amazon sell them.

By *ighland_RoseCouple
over a year ago

Brigadoon

It's totally possible you have only one mouse, it's happened to me. I think one of my cats brought it in and let it go, they were always killing mice outside but they would look at this particular mouse as if to say "oh not that's Bob, we don't chase him".

I tried the humane traps for weeks but they didn't work. In the end I just had to outsmart it....oh yes human vs mouse and I won!

I studied it's ways, watched were it went and when..then set my trap! I knew it was in my office and I'd never catch it there so laid an obstacle path to lead it into the bathroom, the only room where there was nowhere to hide! I scared it out of the office and true enough it took the path of least resistance and straight into the bathroom! I closed the door behind us and said got you now you little peeing, shitting, soft furnishings destroying bastard (cute bastard)...bent down to grab it...and knocked the door open with my arse and it took off at a million miles per hour right past me...even did a sideways skid as he went straight back into my office to hide!

And soooo REPEAT! But next time I locked the door! Then I took him for a drive, about 3 miles, gave him some muesli and words of advice and let him go.

Good luck with your mouse problem!

over a year ago

"It's totally possible you have only one mouse, it's happened to me. I think one of my cats brought it in and let it go, they were always killing mice outside but they would look at this particular mouse as if to say "oh not that's Bob, we don't chase him".

I tried the humane traps for weeks but they didn't work. In the end I just had to outsmart it....oh yes human vs mouse and I won!

I studied it's ways, watched were it went and when..then set my trap! I knew it was in my office and I'd never catch it there so laid an obstacle path to lead it into the bathroom, the only room where there was nowhere to hide! I scared it out of the office and true enough it took the path of least resistance and straight into the bathroom! I closed the door behind us and said got you now you little peeing, shitting, soft furnishings destroying bastard (cute bastard)...bent down to grab it...and knocked the door open with my arse and it took off at a million miles per hour right past me...even did a sideways skid as he went straight back into my office to hide!

And soooo REPEAT! But next time I locked the door! Then I took him for a drive, about 3 miles, gave him some muesli and words of advice and let him go.

Good luck with your mouse problem!

"

Thankyou!

Post new Message to Thread