Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Hatred: the wasted emotion

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've always been amazed at how much energy people use up on hatred. They hate their ex's and will spend hours telling you about it, they hate certain people, they hate the weather they hate and they hate and sadly that hatred has no impact whatsoever. Yet why did we do it?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I've always been amazed at how much energy people use up on hatred. They hate their ex's and will spend hours telling you about it, they hate certain people, they hate the weather they hate and they hate and sadly that hatred has no impact whatsoever. Yet why did we do it? "

We get it because of the shit that life throws at us x

over a year ago

"I've always been amazed at how much energy people use up on hatred. They hate their ex's and will spend hours telling you about it, they hate certain people, they hate the weather they hate and they hate and sadly that hatred has no impact whatsoever. Yet why did we do it?

We get it because of the shit that life throws at us x"

Have you ever noticed though that some people attract more shit?

By *eizvollWoman
over a year ago

in my own little world :-)

Sometimes it's wasted - but sometimes it can become an emotion to draw strength from and give us the push we need to focus elsewhere, to change our lives for the better.

over a year ago

Negative emotions are such a huge waste of energy and the only person they hurt is yourself x Anger, hatred, jealousy, bitterness....only eat away at us and while it's easier to say "dont feel them" its harder to do. I fight a constant battle to keep them at bay though...and im winning...slowly x

over a year ago

"I've always been amazed at how much energy people use up on hatred. They hate their ex's and will spend hours telling you about it, they hate certain people, they hate the weather they hate and they hate and sadly that hatred has no impact whatsoever. Yet why did we do it? "

life is too short for hate and negativity

over a year ago

If you never have a negative emotion, how will you recognise a positive one?

over a year ago

"If you never have a negative emotion, how will you recognise a positive one?"

But if you only have negative ones you'll never have time for a positive one.

For example people expend a lot of energy hating their ex's who conversely carry on regardless while those wallowing in hatred never move on

over a year ago

ive had to hate people else moving on from situations would have been very difficult.. wierd but thats how i work

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I don't hate the person, I just hate some of the things that they do

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

If you hate someone they still have an emotional hold on you. Its much easier to just let go

over a year ago

"If you never have a negative emotion, how will you recognise a positive one?

For example people expend a lot of energy hating their ex's who conversely carry on regardless while those wallowing in hatred never move on "

Sometimes people think they hate someone but they are just angry with them. There is a simple test you can do to really know if you hate someone or not but its too long to explain lol

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I don't hate anyone. I dislike people but don't hate them

By *kywatcherMan
over a year ago

Southwick

"If you hate someone they still have an emotional hold on you. Its much easier to just let go"

Quality post of the day...

over a year ago

I try to avoid hating anyone or anything.

At worst, i max out at intense dislike.

Anyways, let them be someone else's problem, or star, as the case may be.

over a year ago

Because "repression" can kill

over a year ago

The only person hurt by hatred is the person doing the hating…

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Don't hate a soul, I am jealous though, jealous of people with lovely hair, especially men as I'm losing mine.

I've a male colleague with hair as black and lustrous as a ravens wing. I actually said to myself "life is so unfair!" whilst coveting his locks! I ask you.

over a year ago

"where there is a love there is hate"

Sounds funny, both are full of energy because one feeds on the other.

Light, Dark....Good, Evil....

I try never to hate....it attaches me to the thing I dislike......so I make it neutral... I try not to give energy to some thing negative. Like Hate.....not worth it.

Kisses,

Nessarosa

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"Don't hate a soul, I am jealous though, jealous of people with lovely hair, especially men as I'm losing mine.

I've a male colleague with hair as black and lustrous as a ravens wing. I actually said to myself "life is so unfair!" whilst coveting his locks! I ask you. "

Aww well I think you are lovely

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Don't hate a soul, I am jealous though, jealous of people with lovely hair, especially men as I'm losing mine.

I've a male colleague with hair as black and lustrous as a ravens wing. I actually said to myself "life is so unfair!" whilst coveting his locks! I ask you.

Aww well I think you are lovely "

over a year ago

"If you never have a negative emotion, how will you recognise a positive one?

For example people expend a lot of energy hating their ex's who conversely carry on regardless while those wallowing in hatred never move on

Sometimes people think they hate someone but they are just angry with them. There is a simple test you can do to really know if you hate someone or not but its too long to explain lol "

If I let out all my negatives emotions on someone it shows I am angry with them. If something bad happens to them and it doesn't make me feel pity for them at all or even bad for them. Then that's called hate. If anyone spends their day knocking me or anyone I care about and it goes on for a while. Then I do hate them. Angry is a normal emotion as we even get angry towards people we are very close to. Doesn't mean we hate them

By *un_JuiceCouple
over a year ago

Nr Chester

Excellent thread and agree with the negativity given to hatred only makes things worse, as humans though it is somewhat natural to have emotions and perhaps healthy to show them but the longer you stew the longer it takes to rid the issues.

Both of us can be accused of hating, despising but we,re doing our level best to address this for our own peace of mind and continuous improvement of inner peace and true happiness.

Hating people for religion, race, nationality, sexuality is just absurd and no good will ever come from that. At birth we know nothing, we are just human beings that pick up this conditioning by outside Influences

over a year ago

It has taken me a long time to realise quite how much hatred is built up in some people but it is always associated with deep seated unhappiness of the hater. The trick is if you find yourself hating it means you have something to deal with.

By *renchbambi xWoman
over a year ago

Need to know basis

I look 10 years younger than my age because I have no hate, no anger towards anyone - it takes far too many facials muscles to show anger (tose that age you) and only a couple to show happiness. I think I will continue to ignore angry unhappy bitter people!

By *urvywelshCouple
over a year ago

Everywhere and nowhere baby

"I don't hate the person, I just hate some of the things that they do "

^^^^^

This

over a year ago

isnt it a shame, when we hate something or someone its a base generalization, ignoring any of the positive aspects

one could say they hate football, but also realise it brings some people joy

the only thing worse than blind hate is actions that are carried out to justify it to oneself or to make it socially acceptable amongst peers or peers u wish to recruit to join ur hatred

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"The only person hurt by hatred is the person doing the hating… "

this..

its such a negative emotion..

can suck the very life out of some people..

over a year ago

Love and hate are very close ....... with love you feel ....... and with hate you feel ....... not the same things but it has a way of making you feel deep things and can change your life.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Love and hate are very close ....... with love you feel ....... and with hate you feel ....... not the same things but it has a way of making you feel deep things and can change your life."

You see I think they are a mile apart....

Love is constructive and Hate is destructive in my eyes.

I have never hated anyone

over a year ago

"Sometimes it's wasted - but sometimes it can become an emotion to draw strength from and give us the push we need to focus elsewhere, to change our lives for the better."

By *essiCouple
over a year ago

suffolk

Life is far too short to hate.....detest yes but not hate

over a year ago

"Love and hate are very close ....... with love you feel ....... and with hate you feel ....... not the same things but it has a way of making you feel deep things and can change your life.

I have never hated anyone"

that last rolo I saved for u?...well it wasnt a rolo

winkwink

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

If you think you need to hate to get over someone or something, then you are doing it wrong.

Just saying.

over a year ago

"Love and hate are very close ....... with love you feel ....... and with hate you feel ....... not the same things but it has a way of making you feel deep things and can change your life.

I have never hated anyone"

I see love and hate as

yin and yang two opposite principles . x

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I have never hated anyone

that last rolo I saved for u?...well it wasnt a rolo

winkwink"

I hate you!!....doh!

over a year ago

it's not in my nature to hate people....

over a year ago

Always try and keep away from negative people

life's to short for Drama !

look for the good Karma

over a year ago

"it's not in my nature to hate people...."
I find it hard too x as wish to see good in everyone.

over a year ago

over a year ago

I think hatred is a waste of time and energy altho am far from perfect when it comes to putting it into practice & letting go.

An ex and partner have given me many reasons over the years to feel hate but I was told best revenge is to be & look the best you can, have never forgotten that even tho its been nigh on impossible at times with much gritting of teeth and a strained smile!!

I am now happy with much less in terms of possessions and inner peace, and it seems they can never have enough to make them happy. She in particular holds a lot of bitterness towards me

over a year ago

Surprises me too. I say, be positive.

over a year ago

I don't do hate, don't hold grudges nor do I do revenge. KARMA does far better job than I ever could!

over a year ago

"I don't do hate, don't hold grudges nor do I do revenge. KARMA does far better job than I ever could! "

over a year ago

"it's not in my nature to hate people.... I find it hard too x as wish to see good in everyone."

My feelings are adaptable as I believe in treat people the way they treat you and if you don't know them. Give them the benefit of the doubt they are decent and return the favour, but then I tend to use that theory if they treat me bad too.

Post new Message to Thread