Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

watchmen

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

best super hero movie ever..

Im not watching it right now(its on telly) but I still think its absolutely amazing, I was given the graphic novel years before the movie(while being arty comics werent my thing , the stories werent my bag), so when the movie came out I was gobsmacked

and also gobsmacked atits poor reception.

it IS the ultimate super hero movie

and I still laugh at how fucking awful avengers was...REALLY

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

There is a Fan Edit available on the internet called 'Watchmen - Midnight' which is a re-edited, re-cut version of the film with a lot of the directors extra footage put back in which makes it far more like the comic book in narrative and flow - it also makes it nearly 3 hours long.

Highly recommended viewing.

over a year ago

Avengers wasn't bad - in many ways its a high point in what is a golden age of Superhero films - it appealed to mainstream audiences and made serious bank. If it means more films like Watchmen get made then it can only be a good thing.

The commercial success of Avengers means that at DC are turning out some excellent animated movies for their properties and avoiding killing their franchises off in one hit by trying to do a Justice League movie (after the appalling effort that was Man of Steel).

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I've given up.

Good soundtrack but I was finding the grim noir style difficult to handle on this one.

By *hyllyphyllyMan
over a year ago

Bradford

Taping (or for you young uns, Sky plusing) it, so I can skip through the ads

over a year ago

"

and also gobsmacked atits poor reception.

"

You can actually get a signal off a tit?

Fuck tv licences, tv licences are for pussies!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/07/13 00:22:47]

over a year ago

ya tit!

I think its really one of those films u have to watch and NOT think its a superhero movie ( lickity), there is SOOOOOOOO much more going on in the actual thought processes to be honest, and it stems really into the the most powerful super hero ever(Dr manhattan)- he is the key, he is basically god, and becomes apathetic to joy and suffering

I honestly dont think even the newer SH movies have ever been able to to touch on the films actual deper depths

over a year ago

Watchmen is a good superhero film aswell as Kick-Ass, can't wait for the second one

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"ya tit!

I think its really one of those films u have to watch and NOT think its a superhero movie ( lickity), there is SOOOOOOOO much more going on in the actual thought processes to be honest, and it stems really into the the most powerful super hero ever(Dr manhattan)- he is the key, he is basically god, and becomes apathetic to joy and suffering

I honestly dont think even the newer SH movies have ever been able to to touch on the films actual deper depths"

I'll try it again when life itself is less grim. I will concentrate better. I'd already worked out Dr Manhattan is the puppet master but the violence was getting to me.

over a year ago

on the same subject so to speak, district 9 is one of the most amazing scifi films...and here is a gem

the man who fell to earth

stuff u have to watch

* im all for whambam scifi but when it says somnething to u, about how u'd think in extreme outlandish cases

over a year ago

I think the poor critical reception was down to two things - firstly it had been in production limbo for so long and secondly Zac Snyder so obsessively reproduced the comic frames (except in the final act). This meant that it didn't really seem to be saying or doing anything new - particularly given that the Nolan Batman films had already done the whole superhero angst thing, and the Incredibles had lovingly plagiarised banning superheroes.

I loved the film - particularly given the cast of relative unknowns - but does it add anything to the book, particularly given that it was the only graphic novel in a Time list of 100 greatest books? Not sure...

over a year ago

I love Alan Moore's work and although he hate movie adaptations I think this was as good as it could be. The only issue I had was the ending and why they changed it, the comic book ending makes more sense; especially if read the Tennyson poem

Post new Message to Thread