Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Kids on planes

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

No, it's not a new film.

What do you think about babies/small children on planes?

Should there be a special flight (I'd hate to be on that) for parents and children?

Personally I hate screaming kids on a plane. Yes I know they can't help it, but hearing a child cry nonstop is torture. Especially when you have tinitus.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I do think there should be bigger seats available when you have small children ,speaking from experience its a nightmare not enough room.

over a year ago

"No, it's not a new film.

What do you think about babies/small children on planes?

Should there be a special flight (I'd hate to be on that) for parents and children?

Personally I hate screaming kids on a plane. Yes I know they can't help it, but hearing a child cry nonstop is torture. Especially when you have tinitus. "

Two words- luggage hold

By *iggly GirlWoman
over a year ago

Don't wear a coat on a Saturday night out

Is that a new title to a horror film?

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"

Two words- luggage hold "

For who?? The OP or all the kids

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

There would never be enough people to fill it to warrant a special flight.

I've been on loads of flights where there's been young kids including 11 hours to cancun and I've never seen any that have been awful. Not like the bloke who spent 4 hours to Tenerife kicking the back of my friggin chair every 2 mins!!

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

id rather snakes on a plane then kids

over a year ago

"

Two words- luggage hold

For who?? The OP or all the kids "

Kids of course- snot faced, whiney, seat kicking little goits!

over a year ago

iPod, or the cheaper option a Walkman, cheaper still earplugs. Problem solved

over a year ago

i would rather pay a bit extra and go on an adult only plane.

over a year ago

"

Two words- luggage hold

Kids of course- snot faced, whiney, seat kicking little goits!"

Agreed, put the childerbeasts in with the luggage.

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

"

"

I know you don't mean it in a mean spirited way (hopefully) but if you were to replace the parents and children part with...i dunno...gender, race or any sort of orientation, you realise how dangerous this suddenly sounds?

over a year ago

I love the way people talk about kids as if they were never one themselves.

The biggest pain for me are normally the fat man sat next to me, the bell end behind who can only stand up by using my headrest and the cock who reclines his seat to sleep as they serve my meal!

I'd rather the kids

over a year ago

It's not the kids that need a slappin....

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"I love the way people talk about kids as if they were never one themselves.

The biggest pain for me are normally the fat man sat next to me, the bell end behind who can only stand up by using my headrest and the cock who reclines his seat to sleep as they serve my meal!

I'd rather the kids "

Same here!!

By *wingersrus465Couple
over a year ago

Cheshire

"I love the way people talk about kids as if they were never one themselves.

I'd rather the kids "

Well said, my thoughts exactly

over a year ago

"

Two words- luggage hold

Kids of course- snot faced, whiney, seat kicking little goits!"

over a year ago

"

Two words- luggage hold

For who?? The OP or all the kids "

Oi! Nobody puts me in the cargo hold!

over a year ago

The other alternative is to pretend you have Tourette's and look at the annoying brat constantly, saying 'cunty donkey wank face bastard' after all, you have Tourette's and can't help it

over a year ago

"The other alternative is to pretend you have Tourette's and look at the annoying brat constantly, saying 'cunty donkey wank face bastard' after all, you have Tourette's and can't help it "

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

I'd love to have the option (would pay extra) if going on a long haul flight to have no children on the plane...

Last time I flew to the states I had a woman with 2 young kids beside me... The 2 kids literally screamed and fought with each other for 11 hours straight..

over a year ago

"

I know you don't mean it in a mean spirited way (hopefully) but if you were to replace the parents and children part with...i dunno...gender, race or any sort of orientation, you realise how dangerous this suddenly sounds?"

I do realise this. And it's not mean spirited. Saw something about it on tv this week

And I have no problem with any race or sexual orientation or gender. I wouldn't care if I sat next to a Asian gay transexual Satanist.

over a year ago

Well you all lose cos I got a private jet!

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

"

I know you don't mean it in a mean spirited way (hopefully) but if you were to replace the parents and children part with...i dunno...gender, race or any sort of orientation, you realise how dangerous this suddenly sounds?

I do realise this. And it's not mean spirited. Saw something about it on tv this week

And I have no problem with any race or sexual orientation or gender. I wouldn't care if I sat next to a Asian gay transexual Satanist."

I know. Wasn't accusing you. In any case, segregating parents and kids on to different flights because kids can't help being kids (however annoying) seems a bit extreme.

over a year ago

"The other alternative is to pretend you have Tourette's and look at the annoying brat constantly, saying 'cunty donkey wank face bastard' after all, you have Tourette's and can't help it "

Haha. Good idea. Or tell them if they don't shut up you'll eat their soooooul!

(if anyone gets the reference)

over a year ago

"

And I have no problem with any race or sexual orientation or gender. I wouldn't care if I sat next to a Asian gay transexual Satanist.

I know. Wasn't accusing you. In any case, segregating parents and kids on to different flights because kids can't help being kids (however annoying) seems a bit extreme."

Glad I've got no plans to go abroad for a while anyways.

over a year ago

It's not the kids' fault, it's the parents. It's the same anywhere. Kids bored out of their skulls playing up and the parents ignoring them.

I always used to take stuff to keep the kids entertained no matter where we went. We never had any problems.

I've seen parents with earphones in listening to music instead of paying their kids any attention. It's crap.

over a year ago

Kids on planes...... should be strapped to the wings....

Very fair, I feel....

ted

over a year ago

Crying children don't bother me at all, its the parents who constantly shout at them to shut up that piss me off, like screaming at a crying child will stop it from crying

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

"

And I have no problem with any race or sexual orientation or gender. I wouldn't care if I sat next to a Asian gay transexual Satanist."

as long as he /she wasnt crying the whole journey

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Strap them to the undercarraige...along with the d*unks who drink too much before and on the flight

By *ichaelangelaCouple
over a year ago

notts

after sitting behind a 3-4 week old baby on an australian flight who screamed ALL the way, i think there should be a lower age limit on kids flying.... it was obviously in distress, may have been cabin pressure or something, i dont know, but flying seems to affect all really young babies and imho they should not be allowed on planes until they reach a certain age where flying does not distress them

over a year ago

"It's not the kids that need a slappin.... "

^^^ This. I was on a flight to Rhodes once and the parents were in my row next to the window and the two kids in the row behind. Kids were fine but the mum kept hollering in my ear at them every 5 minutes asking if they were ok. Nearly slapped her

By *livia_KWoman
over a year ago

South London

I have regularly travelled long haul and I would honestly pay more to be on a adult only long haul flight.

Although, experience has taught me to choose a seat towards the back of the plane as they tend to seat young children and babies towards the front. Also ear plugs are a long haul flight necessity.

But saying that, I have had for worse experiences with adults on flights rather than kids. I was once stuck next to a lady for a 14 hour flight who was so fat I could not put the armrest down and one of her legs had to be in my leg space. It was horrific. For both of us. She couldn't speak a word of English and she kept offering me sweets.

As for little babies, a friend of mine once had to travel long haul with her little one who I think was only a few months old for her first flight. Now little ones tend to scream because of the air pressure as they don't kow how to pop their ears. A flight attendant gave her the best advice she said she had ever had - to help the little ones pop their ears hold their nose. The combination of them crying and not being able to breath through their nose will force their ears to pop. It doesn't hurt them and relievs the pressure. So there's a top tip my friend SWEARS by. Pass it on. I've told other friends and they say its a god send when flying with the littl'uns.

over a year ago

Whatever you think of kids on flights, the thing i find most despicable are those selfish parents that drug/tranquilise their children for the duration of the flight, often leading to too strong a dose and potential/actual death.

They, the parents, should be thrown off the flight. Mid flight.

over a year ago

"after sitting behind a 3-4 week old baby on an australian flight who screamed ALL the way, i think there should be a lower age limit on kids flying.... it was obviously in distress, may have been cabin pressure or something, i dont know, but flying seems to affect all really young babies and imho they should not be allowed on planes until they reach a certain age where flying does not distress them"

over a year ago

I personally find adults more annoying! But then I'm a parent who flies with children. Its difficult to keep a toddler entertained for a lengthy flight especially if they're under two and you have to have them on your lap, they don't sit still and the people behind get annoyed, the people in front get annoyed. Mine are 6 and 4 now, last year they were pretty good on the way there, entertained with books, colouring, sticker mosaics, Nintendo ds etc. On the way back they just slept, dropped off before the flight left the runway

Post new Message to Thread