Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

swimming...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Right I'm trying to pass army selection again now but since last time if let myself go a bit, just wondering if swimming as well as going running would have much difference in getting fitter or should I just stick to the running?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

If you have the time - go for both.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

swimming is a good low impact aerobic exercise, i used to (many years ago) swim at least once a week during the season (distance and cross country running).

I would use it as a supplement to the running, even more at the moment as its sooooooooo hot hot hot

over a year ago

"Right I'm trying to pass army selection again now but since last time if let myself go a bit, just wondering if swimming as well as going running would have much difference in getting fitter or should I just stick to the running?"
nope swimming is good for you and will help with you fitness as well as running and cycling, how far and what time have you got to run

over a year ago

Hmmm limited time really but I could fit it in. Really was thinking would the swimming make that much difference?

over a year ago

Its a mile n half run atm I can do it in 10.43 but that's just a pass Ideally I want to get a good convincing pass

over a year ago

"Its a mile n half run atm I can do it in 10.43 but that's just a pass Ideally I want to get a good convincing pass "

Is that a pass and are you having to do a tab as well ?

over a year ago

For selection its a pass yes but only just and no, no tabbing for selection just a 1.5mile run push ups and sit ups.

over a year ago

Best answer I can give is do as much as you can also on your training for the 1.5 remember that you also have to add the warm up run on that too so best to do longer runs maybe 2miles min. Swimming will build good core strength that will help with the sit ups and general cardio

over a year ago

OK will keep that in mind thank you wish me luck i'll need it lol

over a year ago

How long you got

over a year ago

A few weeks (4/5 now) to get ready now probably just enough time to improve enough.

over a year ago

Plenty of time and go easy the last week

Post new Message to Thread