Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Dole Dossing

Jump to newest

By *hyllyphylly OP   Man
over a year ago

Bradford

Just thought I'd give you an update on what I have to do to get my £72 a week.

Just had my "post work programme" interview at the job center.... I'm now on job center extreme

1 Now I have to sign on every week, instead of fortnightly. This may become daily.

2 Provide proof that I have APPLIED for 10 jobs a week, with contact details for them to check.

3 Spec call 2 companies a week

4 Attend an advisor interview every 2 weeks.

5 Attend a Job club

6 Now I have to go to a customer service course soon.

Oh, it's such an easy life on the dole.

P.S. I don't mind, as I want a job, but I thought I'd just tell you that scrounging of the state is hard these days

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *opping_candyWoman
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

Do you live within walking distance to town? Wondering how you're meant to afford it if you end up having to go every day.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have no choice but to go to work everyday to get my £x to pay my rent, bills, council tax etc. I pay into the tax pot which benefits come out of. Quite honestly I'm glad that people claiming Jobseekers have to prove they are actively trying to get a job. Perhaps something will come out of your free customer services course which you are required to go on.

over a year ago

....but surely you're living the life of Riley, with an inexhaustible supply of fags, foreign holidays and Sky TV dishes.....

that's' what I've been told anyway

By *un_JuiceCouple
over a year ago

Nr Chester

It can only help your chances of employment.II'm not happy about what I'm doing at the moment, low income, no shift rate, some weekends for no premium but alas it's work and I,ll soon start to chase other avenues. Just happy for now having the cash to get by, it's a stress free job no rat race shit, no working like a dog and I,ve never been so relaxed and happy even if the long hours are mentally draining it makes up the low hourly rate. Good luck in your search.

over a year ago

"Do you live within walking distance to town? Wondering how you're meant to afford it if you end up having to go every day."

They would expect you to walk.

Aren't they doing the new online system now where you apply for all jobs through their gateway system which the adviser can log onto your account and see exactly what jobs you have applied for online?

I can't see companies being very impressed with having to answer phone calls from the local jobcenter numerous times as to who has applied for a job with them. Especially if a lot of CV's go straight in the bin... Companies will need to employ someone to talk to the jobcenter at this rate.

over a year ago

"Just thought I'd give you an update on what I have to do to get my £72 a week.

Just had my "post work programme" interview at the job center.... I'm now on job center extreme

1 Now I have to sign on every week, instead of fortnightly. This may become daily.

2 Provide proof that I have APPLIED for 10 jobs a week, with contact details for them to check.

5 Attend a Job club

P.S. I don't mind, as I want a job, but I thought I'd just tell you that scrounging of the state is hard these days"

For some it is for some it's not

I'm not certain about all this but for a lot of people that is a tip of the iceberg ie having to look like they are trying for a job in order to get all the other benefits and I do believe they should be made to run around for it.

This is by no means a dig at the op just my 2 pence worth

By *hyllyphylly OP   Man
over a year ago

Bradford

Shame there's no way to get my tone across.

All I'm trying to say is.....

Please, government and the media, don't tar us all with the same brush.

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"Do you live within walking distance to town? Wondering how you're meant to afford it if you end up having to go every day.

Aren't they doing the new online system now where you apply for all jobs through their gateway system which the adviser can log onto your account and see exactly what jobs you have applied for online?

I can't see companies being very impressed with having to answer phone calls from the local jobcenter numerous times as to who has applied for a job with them. Especially if a lot of CV's go straight in the bin... Companies will need to employ someone to talk to the jobcenter at this rate."

That new system (all of it, not just the job search bit) is the most Ill-conceived, badly designed, badly written piece of shit it has ever been my misfortune to come across ! I'm very IT savvy (i worked in IT for 25 years) and I found it a struggle (it's totally counter-intuitive), let alone the poor buggers I have to key work, who regularly get sanctioned due to the shittiness of the website...apparently, they're 'going to do something about it' !

over a year ago

"Do you live within walking distance to town? Wondering how you're meant to afford it if you end up having to go every day.

I can't see companies being very impressed with having to answer phone calls from the local jobcenter numerous times as to who has applied for a job with them. Especially if a lot of CV's go straight in the bin... Companies will need to employ someone to talk to the jobcenter at this rate.

That new system (all of it, not just the job search bit) is the most Ill-conceived, badly designed, badly written piece of shit it has ever been my misfortune to come across ! I'm very IT savvy (i worked in IT for 25 years) and I found it a struggle (it's totally counter-intuitive), let alone the poor buggers I have to key work, who regularly get sanctioned due to the shittiness of the website...apparently, they're 'going to do something about it' !"

So it's proving to be on par with most government IT systems then

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

That new system (all of it, not just the job search bit) is the most Ill-conceived, badly designed, badly written piece of shit it has ever been my misfortune to come across ! I'm very IT savvy (i worked in IT for 25 years) and I found it a struggle (it's totally counter-intuitive), let alone the poor buggers I have to key work, who regularly get sanctioned due to the shittiness of the website...apparently, they're 'going to do something about it' !

So it's proving to be on par with most government IT systems then "

Pretty much yeah, it links in to all the rest, so contains the worst of all of them. Truly atrocious system design.

By *opping_candyWoman
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

It is a crap system, did you know Kingston Upon Hull is within 5 miles of Halifax?

over a year ago

Your only 39 years old what job would you like to do if you could ??

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

The nearest job centre to me is nearly an hour on the bus! They shut our local one down years ago.

Those fandangled touch screen things they have in there are ridiculous. They come up with jobs over a hundred miles away when you say you don't have transport! Lol x

By *hyllyphylly OP   Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"The nearest job centre to me is nearly an hour on the bus! They shut our local one down years ago.

Those fandangled touch screen things they have in there are ridiculous. They come up with jobs over a hundred miles away when you say you don't have transport! Lol x"

I miss the old cards on the wall. No longer can you go "I'll give that a go", now you need to know what you want.

By *hyllyphylly OP   Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"Your only 39 years old what job would you like to do if you could ?? "

Bingo caller. Crap hours, Crap money, loved doing it

over a year ago

"Shame there's no way to get my tone across.

Please, government and the media, don't tar us all with the same brush."

I seen your posts.

You seem a good guy.

Good luck man.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

5 Attend a Job club

P.S. I don't mind, as I want a job, but I thought I'd just tell you that scrounging of the state is hard these days"

All of that will take on average a day to complete if you add it all together, maybe 2. That gives you loads of time to top up your jsa tan

over a year ago

What work have you done... Are there no refresher skill type things to bro g you up to date....

By *akedninjaMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

It's no wonder id rather work as it's a job enough being unemployed lol

5 Attend a Job club

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I hate to tell you this but living on the dole ain't meant to be easy...

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

What brush though...I'm sorry but you have it easy compared to some that are working 10-12 hour days...which I do often..not saying what you doing is wrong but it's good that they have got you on some training it's different skills you can learn

over a year ago

"I hate to tell you this but living on the dole ain't meant to be easy..."

that might depend on how generous your parents are if you have any.

over a year ago

"Your only 39 years old what job would you like to do if you could ??

Bingo caller. Crap hours, Crap money, loved doing it"

so maybe re think what sort of things you would like to do for a job ........ maybe go back into leaning ? 39 is no age x

By *erbycouple7Couple
over a year ago

derby

dont beat your self up about it i just got in at a very well known car company after 7 months out of work i was one phone call away from that goverment money tree till some awsome fabbers in the fourm helped out good jobs are just round the corner good luck with it all

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

I admire the fact that you are trying and fulfilling the obligations set by the job centre. But, I know of some people that dont do half of that yet they still get their money every fortnight - why are they not being sanctioned? Or is it another thing that is down to geography?

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"I admire the fact that you are trying and fulfilling the obligations set by the job centre. But, I know of some people that dont do half of that yet they still get their money every fortnight - why are they not being sanctioned? Or is it another thing that is down to geography?"

with the new system they are going to come down hard on those that don't bother

over a year ago

"The nearest job centre to me is nearly an hour on the bus! They shut our local one down years ago.

Those fandangled touch screen things they have in there are ridiculous. They come up with jobs over a hundred miles away when you say you don't have transport! Lol x"

My nearest one is 45 minutes in a car and an 1 1/2 on the bus by the time it's gone round very flipping village there is.... But luckerly I am on IS so i don't have to do all those things, But i would give anything to be able to work and not have a disabled daughter Ruby

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

My daughter is about to be made redundant in two weeks. She has a phone interview on Monday. She's never been on the dole so I'm hoping it turns out well so she won't have to sign on.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"My daughter is about to be made redundant in two weeks. She has a phone interview on Monday. She's never been on the dole so I'm hoping it turns out well so she won't have to sign on. "

good luck to her....

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

That new system (all of it, not just the job search bit) is the most Ill-conceived, badly designed, badly written piece of shit it has ever been my misfortune to come across ! I'm very IT savvy (i worked in IT for 25 years) and I found it a struggle (it's totally counter-intuitive), let alone the poor buggers I have to key work, who regularly get sanctioned due to the shittiness of the website...apparently, they're 'going to do something about it' !"

EDS testing managed to bugger up CSA system then DWP and now HMRC, if you fuck up the government (all of them) give you more work.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"My daughter is about to be made redundant in two weeks. She has a phone interview on Monday. She's never been on the dole so I'm hoping it turns out well so she won't have to sign on.

good luck to her.... "

Thanks. She's scared of being unemployed.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"My daughter is about to be made redundant in two weeks. She has a phone interview on Monday. She's never been on the dole so I'm hoping it turns out well so she won't have to sign on.

good luck to her....

Thanks. She's scared of being unemployed. "

She will be fine...I am sure xxx

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

that is what you have to do "at the moment".....

when they start switching people to universal credit you will have a few more surprises coming to get the money.... trust me!!!

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"that is what you have to do "at the moment".....

when they start switching people to universal credit you will have a few more surprises coming to get the money.... trust me!!! "

oh yes was in a meeting today about it...

By *inky BunnyMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

when they start switching people to universal credit you will have a few more surprises coming to get the money.... trust me!!! "

Are you Common Purpose?

over a year ago

"My daughter is about to be made redundant in two weeks. She has a phone interview on Monday. She's never been on the dole so I'm hoping it turns out well so she won't have to sign on. "
good luck to her,at least is looking for work, before she's made redundant

over a year ago

good luck to her,at least is looking for work, before she's made redundant

over a year ago

5 Attend a Job club

its a hard life aint it, here's me i only go to work 51/2 days a week to scrap a living together, its not always easy having to working either

over a year ago

well there is a lot of ppl that need help as there is a lot of ppl that will never work no matter what, they are happy getting their money every cpl of weeks

over a year ago

good luck to her....

Thanks. She's scared of being unemployed.

She will be fine...I am sure xxx "

na she will be fine, she won't have to wait long for a job

over a year ago

So far all the replies have been from England. Here's my situation.

I'm self employed in Ireland and pay my taxes just like everybody else in gainful employment. If an employee working for a company is only working say, 3 days, they are entitled to another 3 days dole money. I on the other hand am entitled to nothing. If I'm out of work sick or if work is slow and I only have one days work in a week, well that's just tough. I'm not entitled to housing allowance, back to school allowances or any other allowances whatsoever. So when work is slow I get up off my (no so) fat arse and go knocking on doors. I really don't care what it is I have to do to EARN money. Somebody will always be willing to pay you to cut their grass, wash their windows, clean up the dog shit in their garden, wash their car/van or any other menial jobs. All you have to do is ask.....it's that simple....open your mouth and ask. And the thing is that when people see that your willing and good at doing those menial jobs, they'll tell friends and others and you'll be surprised when your phone rings and a stranger says "hi I might have a few jobs you could do for me".....

Sitting on your arse waiting for the job you want will never EARN you money.

When I hear those on the dole moan about what they have to do and the hoops they have to jump through, it makes my blood boil. They get their accommodation paid for they get free money from dole, free doctors visits and prescriptions and so on and yet they still want to play the poor bleeding heart. There are certain and genuine circumstances but in my opinion society has become very reliant, lazy and dependent on dole/welfare.

Phew......rant over

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"My daughter is about to be made redundant in two weeks. She has a phone interview on Monday. She's never been on the dole so I'm hoping it turns out well so she won't have to sign on. good luck to her,at least is looking for work, before she's made redundant"

Thing is that if she takes a job before her redundancy then she loses her payout which is a lot of money as she has worked there quite a few years. Sods law really. Last time she was made redundant she finished the job on the Friday and was told to start the new one on the Monday so really lucky there. Just hoping she has the same luck this time around.

By *opping_candyWoman
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

Fingers crossed for your daughter xx

over a year ago

5 Attend a Job club

i supose you could be glad not to be working in this hot weather.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"So far all the replies have been from England. Here's my situation.

I'm self employed in Ireland and pay my taxes just like everybody else in gainful employment. If an employee working for a company is only working say, 3 days, they are entitled to another 3 days dole money. I on the other hand am entitled to nothing. If I'm out of work sick or if work is slow and I only have one days work in a week, well that's just tough. I'm not entitled to housing allowance, back to school allowances or any other allowances whatsoever. So when work is slow I get up off my (no so) fat arse and go knocking on doors. I really don't care what it is I have to do to EARN money. Somebody will always be willing to pay you to cut their grass, wash their windows, clean up the dog shit in their garden, wash their car/van or any other menial jobs. All you have to do is ask.....it's that simple....open your mouth and ask. And the thing is that when people see that your willing and good at doing those menial jobs, they'll tell friends and others and you'll be surprised when your phone rings and a stranger says "hi I might have a few jobs you could do for me".....

When I hear those on the dole moan about what they have to do and the hoops they have to jump through, it makes my blood boil. They get their accommodation paid for they get free money from dole, free doctors visits and prescriptions and so on and yet they still want to play the poor bleeding heart. There are certain and genuine circumstances but in my opinion society has become very reliant, lazy and dependent on dole/welfare.

Phew......rant over "

I'm glad that safety net is there though. If my daughter cannot get a job straight away after her redundancy then she is going to need it.

over a year ago

Phew......rant over "

Cheery soul, ain't ya!

By *opping_candyWoman
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

Phew......rant over "

Can just imagine the OP doing some odd jobs like that and getting reported for benefit fraud/working cash in hand.

over a year ago

Phew......rant over

I'm glad that safety net is there though. If my daughter cannot get a job straight away after her redundancy then she is going to need it."

If they will help her when I got made redundant my house was tied to the job so we had to move so wife had to give up her work also. Asked for what we would be entitled to should we need help and basically got told because our past earning fuck all

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

5 Attend a Job club

but they class doing all that as your job while u are on jobseekers, to get your allowance, and rightly so in my opinion for most people on there. i'm self employed pay my taxes and if im out of work at any point im entitled to nothing just because im self employed... so sour grapes all round

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

5 Attend a Job club

P.S. I don't mind, as I want a job, but I thought I'd just tell you that scrounging of the state is hard these days but they class doing all that as your job while u are on jobseekers, to get your allowance, and rightly so in my opinion for most people on there. i'm self employed pay my taxes and if im out of work at any point im entitled to nothing just because im self employed... so sour grapes all round "

He did say at the end that he didn't mind as he really does want to work.

over a year ago

"Scrounging" from the state has always been a difficult and uncomfortable process for those who genuinely need the help.

The small minority who abuse the system will, as always, find ways around the new changes.

The only way to really reduce the benefits bill is to stop paying benefits for children, which, unless we want children starving on the streets, ain't gonna happen.

over a year ago

That's because they expect you to travel for up to 1 1/2 despite the travel cost and whether or not you can afford to pay your bills after.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

""Scrounging" from the state has always been a difficult and uncomfortable process for those who genuinely need the help.

The small minority who abuse the system will, as always, find ways around the new changes.

The only way to really reduce the benefits bill is to stop paying benefits for children, which, unless we want children starving on the streets, ain't gonna happen."

The basic problem is that there are those holier than thou types who will, no matter what circumstances, always tar the unemployed with the same brush the Daily Mail uses.

I've been on the dole - many many years ago - and it was the most deeply distressing, difficult time of my life. What made it worse was the way people saw me as some kind of scrounging piece of shit. That attitude is really low in my opinion. Really low.

Yes, I know there are idiots around who do take advantage - there were those who did that under the old Poor Laws and workhouses. Historical documents are scattered with stories and evidence of them - the feckless, undeserving poor. But that attitude has permeated down through the ages and the language used has persisted through the media and government to the point where people now simply see and believe only the very basic, reductionist stereotypes.

over a year ago

I was unemployed due to redundancy in 2000. It was thanks to the overwhelmingly depressing sight which greeted my eyes every two weeks which made me make the move to being self-employed and, in the sense that I was determined NEVER set foot in a 'dole office' again, I have never looked back.

I know I'm going to sound like a Daily Mail-reading, closet Nazi but I'm glad they're making it more difficult for an individual to justify why they should get JSA if it pushes those who are up for taking a chance in life to become self-employed or start a macro business of some kind. Don't get me wrong - there NEEDS to be a safety net, but it should never have been allowed to become almost a lifestyle choice in the way it was.

As for the various Govt computer systems: it was no different in the 90's when I worked in central Govt - they have absolutely NO idea how to purchase I.T., keep moving the goal posts on the developers and want it to do everything including making the tea. And then after 18 months they have a 'policy change'... Complete and utter joke.

And OP - I really do hope you find what you're looking for soon. I was only out of work for three months when I 'went for it' and that was bad enough: Never, ever want to repeat that experience...

ted.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"I was unemployed due to redundancy in 2000. It was thanks to the overwhelmingly depressing sight which greeted my eyes every two weeks which made me make the move to being self-employed and, in the sense that I was determined NEVER set foot in a 'dole office' again, I have never looked back.

I know I'm going to sound like a Daily Mail-reading, closet Nazi but I'm glad they're making it more difficult for an individual to justify why they should get JSA if it pushes those who are up for taking a chance in life to become self-employed or start a macro business of some kind. Don't get me wrong - there NEEDS to be a safety net, but it should never have been allowed to become almost a lifestyle choice in the way it was.

As for the various Govt computer systems: it was no different in the 90's when I worked in central Govt - they have absolutely NO idea how to purchase I.T., keep moving the goal posts on the developers and want it to do everything including making the tea. And then after 18 months they have a 'policy change'... Complete and utter joke.

And OP - I really do hope you find what you're looking for soon. I was only out of work for three months when I 'went for it' and that was bad enough: Never, ever want to repeat that experience...

ted."

The thing is that it will always be a lifestyle choice for a very small minority. Even in the Victorian era there were those who chose to go into the workhouse as they were genuinely not interested in working and being responsible - often though alcohol. Mind you - working in those days for the poor was a very different matter! Some would prefer to go to gaol rather than work. Why tar everyone who claims in the same way? It is grossly unfair.

over a year ago

Again taring everybody on the dole with the same brush.

I know people who applied for upwards of 200 jobs who say it is sole distroying with so many rejections.

Asuming that people on the dole haven't previously work for years paying their taxes are somehow not entiled.I feel for self employed people and believe they should be entiled to the same help.

The OP is just trying to point their don't all sit on their backsides.

Scroungers account for 5% of claims

There's good and bad in everthing i do

over a year ago

My post was and is not about taring anybody with any brush. It was about how as a society we have become self indulgent with a sense of entitlement and laziness....."oh I'm not working so I'm entitled to this that and the other".

The only thing your entitled to in life is life itself....nothing else.

over a year ago

"I have no choice but to go to work everyday to get my £x to pay my rent, bills, council tax etc. I pay into the tax pot which benefits come out of. Quite honestly I'm glad that people claiming Jobseekers have to prove they are actively trying to get a job. Perhaps something will come out of your free customer services course which you are required to go on.

"

By *xxwiganMan
over a year ago

LEIGH

Is this not the reason we pay national insurance?

By *inky BunnyMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

"

The only thing your entitled to in life is life itself....nothing else. "

You left out LIBERTY and the pursuit of happiness. These also are inalienable rights.

over a year ago

"

You left out LIBERTY and the pursuit of happiness. These also are inalienable rights. "

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"My post was and is not about taring anybody with any brush. It was about how as a society we have become self indulgent with a sense of entitlement and laziness....."oh I'm not working so I'm entitled to this that and the other".

The only thing your entitled to in life is life itself....nothing else. "

When you have paid tax and NI since you left school and are now made redundant though no fault of your own - as is happening up and down the country - they you are absolutely entitled to it!! Absolutely! It's not free money if you have already spent years paying into the pot!!

over a year ago

"My post was and is not about taring anybody with any brush. It was about how as a society we have become self indulgent with a sense of entitlement and laziness....."oh I'm not working so I'm entitled to this that and the other".

When you have paid tax and NI since you left school and are now made redundant though no fault of your own - as is happening up and down the country - they you are absolutely entitled to it!! Absolutely! It's not free money if you have already spent years paying into the pot!!"

By *xxwiganMan
over a year ago

LEIGH

"

When you have paid tax and NI since you left school and are now made redundant though no fault of your own - as is happening up and down the country - they you are absolutely entitled to it!! Absolutely! It's not free money if you have already spent years paying into the pot!!"

over a year ago

"....but surely you're living the life of Riley, with an inexhaustible supply of fags, foreign holidays and Sky TV dishes.....

that's' what I've been told anyway"

With the size of his cock are you surprised he has an inexhaustable supply of fags?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

5 Attend a Job club

We wish you the best of luck in your quest for a job, hopefully something will come along soon. We know that its tough and sometimes disheartening from first hand experience.

over a year ago

"Is this not the reason we pay national insurance?"

An awful lot of people would much prefer to be working with self respect rather than claiming

By *xxwiganMan
over a year ago

LEIGH

"Is this not the reason we pay national insurance?

An awful lot of people would much prefer to be working with self respect rather than claiming "

If you pay home insurance and your house burns down would you not object if the insurance company would only pay to rebuilt your home if you helped?

I'd be interest to hear you opinion on materity allowance which is covered by national insurance.

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

not if ur self employed your not which is wrong

over a year ago

BBC one program on now related to this subject

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Is this not the reason we pay national insurance?

An awful lot of people would much prefer to be working with self respect rather than claiming

If you pay home insurance and your house burns down would you not object if the insurance company would only pay to rebuilt your home if you helped?

I'd be interest to hear you opinion on materity allowance which is covered by national insurance."

its always interesting to come across an opinion formed from actually looking at a situation and questioning it. So many people look on benefits as charity ...it isn't all of us who work or have worked have paid for it. Would anyone condone asking people in receipt of state pension to somehow prove they were entitled to it?

over a year ago

"My daughter is about to be made redundant in two weeks. She has a phone interview on Monday. She's never been on the dole so I'm hoping it turns out well so she won't have to sign on. good luck to her,at least is looking for work, before she's made redundant

Thing is that if she takes a job before her redundancy then she loses her payout which is a lot of money as she has worked there quite a few years. Sods law really. Last time she was made redundant she finished the job on the Friday and was told to start the new one on the Monday so really lucky there. Just hoping she has the same luck this time around."

job centre wont pay her if she has a big payout tho

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

When you have paid tax and NI since you left school and are now made redundant though no fault of your own - as is happening up and down the country - they you are absolutely entitled to it!! Absolutely! It's not free money if you have already spent years paying into the pot!! not if ur self employed your not which is wrong "

But that is not the fault of claimants, is it?

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

"My daughter is about to be made redundant in two weeks. She has a phone interview on Monday. She's never been on the dole so I'm hoping it turns out well so she won't have to sign on. good luck to her,at least is looking for work, before she's made redundant

Thing is that if she takes a job before her redundancy then she loses her payout which is a lot of money as she has worked there quite a few years. Sods law really. Last time she was made redundant she finished the job on the Friday and was told to start the new one on the Monday so really lucky there. Just hoping she has the same luck this time around.

job centre wont pay her if she has a big payout tho "

I wondered about that too - but if she gets a job and starts after this one ends she will be able to pay her Uni fees and finish her degree. However, the point I was making was that if she leaves this job before her redundancy kicks in then she loses the lot - which seems a little unfair. The company seem to be demanding loyalty from employees who they are making redundant by sending their jobs to India - obviously the idea of loyalty to them only goes one way.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

[Removed by poster at 18/07/13 22:23:20]

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Why the hell OP you wish to share this is beyond me...but hey ho, here is my penneth worth....you are justifying your situation to a bunch of people who are at best mildly judgemental (Tongue firmly in cheek)....you are in an unenviable position of trying to obtain work, and jumping through all of the hoops that the government set out. I wish you luck in gaining employment.

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

"Why the hell OP you wish to share this is beyond me...but hey ho, here is my penneth worth....you are justifying your situation to a bunch of people who are at best mildly judgemental (Tongue firmly in cheek)....you are in an unenviable position of trying to obtain work, and jumping through all of the hoops that the government set out. I wish you luck in gaining employment.

"

By *eaverfeverCouple
over a year ago

nr Manchester

"I was unemployed due to redundancy in 2000. It was thanks to the overwhelmingly depressing sight which greeted my eyes every two weeks which made me make the move to being self-employed and, in the sense that I was determined NEVER set foot in a 'dole office' again, I have never looked back.

ted."

The justification for people claiming is that Foreigners get it, so why not

over a year ago

I moved abroad some years ago but now have to return to look after my ailing father.

i get nothing from the state although before i moved i paid tax and ni for 29 years.

so it could be worse

over a year ago

"I moved abroad some years ago but now have to return to look after my ailing father.

i get nothing from the state although before i moved i paid tax and ni for 29 years.

so it could be worse "

If you have been working in the EU and have moved back you can transfer your contributions from the country you were in and therefore make a claim. Hope this helps

over a year ago

"Just thought I'd give you an update on what I have to do to get my £72 a week..."

All that doesn't surprise me - it's a disgrace really, and does nothing to bolster your confidence. I suspect though that relatively few people get jobs the standard way now, but worm their way in instead. That's the way I've been doing it the last few years - temping and then finding vacancies from inside once you've proved what you can do. I was offered one job as a temp because nobody wanted to sift through the over 400 applications their job ad had attracted.

over a year ago

Sounds horrible. I'd don't mind paying into a system that helps people.

I do get annoyed at people who target those on benefits. Think about the many rich people who cheat and swindle their way out of paying their taxes.

There will always be people who cheat systems. But I'll always be angrier at the people have the money as that's just plain greedy!

Anyway, I wish the OP the best of luck!

over a year ago

"I admire the fact that you are trying and fulfilling the obligations set by the job centre. But, I know of some people that dont do half of that yet they still get their money every fortnight - why are they not being sanctioned? Or is it another thing that is down to geography?

with the new system they are going to

come down hard on those that don't

bother "

They've said that for years at the jobcentre. Its not happened yet lol. If uve alwaz worked and then out of a job the job centre will put the pressure on so u get a job as yr an easier target than sumone who has never worked.

Ive actually been told that by sumone who works at a job centre.

over a year ago

job centre wont pay her if she has a big payout tho "

that not quite true, some companies will allow you to leave to take up a new job and still get your redudancy,as for not being paid JBS that depends on if she has worked her notice in lieu or she has been paid it,however its been while since i was made redudant now and things seem to change, best person to ask is Fabio he knows everything

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

I am in a very lucky position, when I lost my job a few years ago, I walked into the agency an hour after I was told, and had work the next day as I have an HGV licence.

I have been very lucky with work, never had to sign on - come VERY close a couple of time - but that's because I have a job skill that's always in need.

Maybe it would be better to get some claimants that WANT to work some training that will actually lead to a job instead of some rubbish course that teaches you nothing.

We have a national shortage of HGV drivers, surely it would be better to invest £1200 in people to get them qualified to fill this gap. Yes, I said invest because its better to invest £1200 as a one off than to pay someone every fortnight for 2 years because they can't find a job that doesn't exist

over a year ago

"Why the hell OP you wish to share this is beyond me...but hey ho, here is my penneth worth....you are justifying your situation to a bunch of people who are at best mildly judgemental (Tongue firmly in cheek)....you are in an unenviable position of trying to obtain work, and jumping through all of the hoops that the government set out. I wish you luck in gaining employment.

"

over a year ago

"

I agree ...

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

job centre wont pay her if she has a big payout tho that not quite true, some companies will allow you to leave to take up a new job and still get your redudancy,as for not being paid JBS that depends on if she has worked her notice in lieu or she has been paid it,however its been while since i was made redudant now and things seem to change, best person to ask is Fabio he knows everything

"

The terms of her redundancy srate that if she leaves early then she loses thw payout. She even got a friend of mine to look at it - shes a solicitor- and they had it tied up pretty tight.

And it would seem that there are a large number of people who are really judgemental about the unemployed. The fact that people are losing jobs all over in the current climate makes no difference. Apparently there are loads of jobs. Really? My daughter is on the books of several agencies, she has applied for dozens of jobs in the last few weeks and has received this single reply. Just this one.

over a year ago

""Scrounging" from the state has always been a difficult and uncomfortable process for those who genuinely need the help.

The only way to really reduce the benefits bill is to stop paying benefits for children, which, unless we want children starving on the streets, ain't gonna happen.

The basic problem is that there are those holier than thou types who will, no matter what circumstances, always tar the unemployed with the same brush the Daily Mail uses.

I've been on the dole - many many years ago - and it was the most deeply distressing, difficult time of my life. What made it worse was the way people saw me as some kind of scrounging piece of shit. That attitude is really low in my opinion. Really low.

Yes, I know there are idiots around who do take advantage - there were those who did that under the old Poor Laws and workhouses. Historical documents are scattered with stories and evidence of them - the feckless, undeserving poor. But that attitude has permeated down through the ages and the language used has persisted through the media and government to the point where people now simply see and believe only the very basic, reductionist stereotypes.

"

Well said, too many are brainwashed by the government and its press machine. If they wasted as much money on stimulating growth in the UK the welfare bill would come down naturally oh and tax revenue would raise!

What everyone should remember is we all use different services which others don't. However, we all pay into the same system. So, as an example, the state pension is the biggest contributor to the welfare bill-nearly 50%. Now I pay into the system, more than most, as a result of hard work and 1 or 2 investments I'll never receive a state pension. So is it unfair that I should pay for you other pensioners who frittered away your earnings and didn't prepare for old age? I'm not complaining because that's the nature of the social society we live in.

over a year ago

job centre wont pay her if she has a big payout tho that not quite true, some companies will allow you to leave to take up a new job and still get your redudancy,as for not being paid JBS that depends on if she has worked her notice in lieu or she has been paid it,however its been while since i was made redudant now and things seem to change, best person to ask is Fabio he knows everything

The terms of her redundancy srate that if she leaves early then she loses thw payout. She even got a friend of mine to look at it - shes a solicitor- and they had it tied up pretty tight.

And it would seem that there are a large number of people who are really judgemental about the unemployed. The fact that people are losing jobs all over in the current climate makes no difference. Apparently there are loads of jobs. Really? My daughter is on the books of several agencies, she has applied for dozens of jobs in the last few weeks and has received this single reply. Just this one."

all i will say is that her company are being a arseholes for putting that in a clause,i could understand if she left she may not get her full leiu in notice but to refuse her her full redundancy is a bit childish not only are they getting rid of employees they are putting barricades in their way to prevent them taking a job if they were offered one before her leave date 1 word to describe them Wankers

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

And it would seem that there are a large number of people who are really judgemental about the unemployed. The fact that people are losing jobs all over in the current climate makes no difference. Apparently there are loads of jobs. Really? My daughter is on the books of several agencies, she has applied for dozens of jobs in the last few weeks and has received this single reply. Just this one. all i will say is that her company are being a arseholes for putting that in a clause,i could understand if she left she may not get her full leiu in notice but to refuse her her full redundancy is a bit childish not only are they getting rid of employees they are putting barricades in their way to prevent them taking a job if they were offered one before her leave date 1 word to describe them Wankers"

Exactly how I feel. You would think that they would be a little more honourable.

over a year ago

u getting more than most i no some 1 who is on £65 a week an has 2 pay back £20 a fortnight to stay in his flat

because of this stupid bedroom tax

Post new Message to Thread