Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

No privacy any more

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just hanged my phone and I'm busy updating contacts etc. It drags in emails and phone numbers and goodness knows what else from anyone and everyone I've ever contacted.

Arrgghhh!!!! I don't like the way this is all going.

All our information is out there and everyone and everything is sharing it.

What happened to privacy?!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

Just changed my phone, not hanged it. But I would if I could...!

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

I bet it dragged in your veri summary as well

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Dont worry, in the event of a loss of all your information, just drop an email to our friends in the NSA and they can restore everything from their backup. The address is prism@nsa.gov.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

glad I don't really know what the OP is talking about..

over a year ago

"I bet it dragged in your veri summary as well "

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Just hanged my phone and I'm busy updating contacts etc. It drags in emails and phone numbers and goodness knows what else from anyone and everyone I've ever contacted.

Arrgghhh!!!! I don't like the way this is all going.

What happened to privacy?!"

I had to change my phone about a month ago.

I spent the first week thinking 'what's the ****'s it doing?' 'how does it know that?' 'who the **** was s/he?' and so on.

Now I look at it and think 'that's clever' or 'I wish I'd had that a few years ago'.

over a year ago

"

What happened to privacy?!"

#1 reason I don't use whatsapp!

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"glad I don't really know what the OP is talking about..

"

Ditto

Sometimes ignorance is bliss...

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"

What happened to privacy?!

#1 reason I don't use whatsapp! "

Lol Ben what's that got to do with it? It's no different to texting

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Ditto

Sometimes ignorance is bliss..."

Some phones sync up all your contacts and then link them - so if someone is on faceache and listed in your email address book it gives you a link to their faceache page - can be an issue if it's a work contact and you don't want to see their post Friday night vom pic or them seeing yours!

over a year ago

and when you use google dashboard to find out how much of your info is out there for skynet you will be

over a year ago

Everyone clicks the ok button on T&C without reading it thats the problem

over a year ago

Ditto

Sometimes ignorance is bliss...

Some phones sync up all your contacts and then link them - so if someone is on faceache and listed in your email address book it gives you a link to their faceache page - can be an issue if it's a work contact and you don't want to see their post Friday night vom pic or them seeing yours! "

iPhone does that but you can go into settings and untick the box to add contacts from Facebook to your phone. I worked that out all by myself

over a year ago

This is my second smartphone. The first one I had it took me a week before I knew how to use it.

I sorted this one out in a few hours. So I am proud to say that I am now as technologically aware as a primary school aged kid.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"This is my second smartphone. The first one I had it took me a week before I knew how to use it.

I sorted this one out in a few hours. So I am proud to say that I am now as technologically aware as a primary school aged kid. "

Well done. I'm still with the reception class. I did learn the difference between replying to a person and sending a direct message on TwitTwat yesterday so feeling very proud of myself.

over a year ago

"This is my second smartphone. The first one I had it took me a week before I knew how to use it.

I sorted this one out in a few hours. So I am proud to say that I am now as technologically aware as a primary school aged kid.

Well done. I'm still with the reception class. I did learn the difference between replying to a person and sending a direct message on TwitTwat yesterday so feeling very proud of myself."

I can't do either of those. I don't get it at all.

over a year ago

"

Lol Ben what's that got to do with it? It's no different to texting "

Well I dunno..

I thought people can actually find you get hold of your number regardless of if you've made previous contact ir not.

That's what I thought.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"

Lol Ben what's that got to do with it? It's no different to texting

Well I dunno..

I thought people can actually find you get hold of your number regardless of if you've made previous contact ir not.

That's what I thought. "

No you can't search for people. It takes contacts from your phone book. Then it works just like texting except it uses your data plan instead. Great for pics, vids and group conversations.

Not recommended for people you don't know though because you need to give your number out.

over a year ago

"

No you can't search for people. It takes contacts from your phone book. Then it works just like texting except it uses your data plan instead. Great for pics, vids and group conversations.

Not recommended for people you don't know though because you need to give your number out. "

Cheers duuuude!!

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Word of warning. If you have any naughty pics stored on your sim and you have the Facebook app, do NOT say yes when it asks you to sync. Everything will be uploaded to Facebook!!

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Word of warning. If you have any naughty pics stored on your sim and you have the Facebook app, do NOT say yes when it asks you to sync. Everything will be uploaded to Facebook!!"

Really? It doesn't on mine

over a year ago

I just came into here to say that its facebook that links everything up and someone has just said almost the same

You can't even buy anything online without ot trying to link to fb and show the world that you've just bought a rather sexy dustpan and brush

Im glad I don't have it anymore

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"Word of warning. If you have any naughty pics stored on your sim and you have the Facebook app, do NOT say yes when it asks you to sync. Everything will be uploaded to Facebook!!

Really? It doesn't on mine"

It does on some. I found pics on fb I hadn't put there off my old phone. Luckily not naughty ones as they were on the memory card or something. Bloody fb can be a pain.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Word of warning. If you have any naughty pics stored on your sim and you have the Facebook app, do NOT say yes when it asks you to sync. Everything will be uploaded to Facebook!!

It does on some. I found pics on fb I hadn't put there off my old phone. Luckily not naughty ones as they were on the memory card or something. Bloody fb can be a pain."

Ooh best be careful then

over a year ago

Scares the sh.t out of me thinking that my pics could end up on my fb page. So I dont sync anything

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

I once swapped pics by email with a guy from here. I used a perving email address and so did he.

When I joined FB I was automatically linked up with his profile using his real name (which I never knew), complete with all his family pics, location, place of employment etc.

Bit scary tbh

over a year ago

Thats why there are separate phones for each aspect of my life - me, work me and fab me!

over a year ago

"Thats why there are separate phones for each aspect of my life - me, work me and fab me!

"

you must have baggy pockets or a delightful man bag to store your phones

over a year ago

It does on some. I found pics on fb I hadn't put there off my old phone. Luckily not naughty ones as they were on the memory card or something. Bloody fb can be a pain."

I deleted almost everything off my Facebook accounts because I was so fed up of the lack of privacy on there. They link to everything you do, it's scary. And annoying!

I deleted my phone number etc off it because of the chance it might upload all the pics off my phone.

Post new Message to Thread