Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Is it just us?

Jump to newest

By *ovelybum OP   Couple
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

Really struggling to find meets lately Not really sure where are we going wrong.Some advice from the fellow swingers will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Really struggling to find meets lately Not really sure where are we going wrong.Some advice from the fellow swingers will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!"

This will be interesting, if you we're a single male you would get slaughtered for this post, I am guessing you will be treated differently

over a year ago

i'm struggling

over a year ago

Holidays...kids breaking up....going out with friends...could all be factors just keep at it x

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

"Really struggling to find meets lately Not really sure where are we going wrong.Some advice from the fellow swingers will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!"

Is this a stealth "look at us" thread?

Is your profile text supposed to be deliberately sarcastic or an attempt at satire?

over a year ago

Thanks in advance!"

I've mentioned on a few threads that for at least the past 18 months, the swinging scene has seemed much, much quieter.

By *ll-Knight-longMan
over a year ago

Derby/Notts(Long Eaton)

Thanks in advance!"

I would say no one can meet your standards and those that can probably wouldn't want to join the elite group of two

over a year ago

It does a little quiet.... not sure why.

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

Thanks in advance!

I've mentioned on a few threads that for at least the past 18 months, the swinging scene has seemed much, much quieter."

Anecdotal. This is almost the busiest it has been for me.

over a year ago

Thanks in advance!

I would say no one can meet your standards and those that can probably wouldn't want to join the elite group of two "

I must say OP your profile text is odd ....

over a year ago

Thanks in advance!

Is your profile text supposed to be deliberately sarcastic or an attempt at satire?"

I thought the same thing. Think the truth might be somewhere between the two so rather conceited...

By *uncouple31Couple
over a year ago

Walsall

After reading the profile text no wonder your struggling. It's nice to be confident but that's just intimidating.

over a year ago

Thanks in advance!

I would say no one can meet your standards and those that can probably wouldn't want to join the elite group of two

I must say OP your profile text is odd .... "

^^^ off putting I'd say - not that I meet couples but if that was a single man I wouldn't even answer your message!

over a year ago

Haha a total piss take thread....not unusual from the OP

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/07/13 09:39:19]

over a year ago

Hmmm. I think I see the problem...

You've had loads of meets - So what you talkin' about Willis?

over a year ago

6 meets so far this year is hardly struggling and as has been said, your profile text is off putting.

over a year ago

People on holiday?

Too hot for people at the mo?

Are you actively searching?

Are you advertising meet requests?

Not had a problem personally.

over a year ago

Sorry but after reading your profile I would not want to meet you !!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Yes! It is just you.

over a year ago

I think we are having our legs pulled.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/07/13 09:53:00]

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 18/07/13 09:53:00]"
or as mentioned earlier, a piss take thread/profile

over a year ago

Thanks in advance!

Is your profile text supposed to be deliberately sarcastic or an attempt at satire?"

an attempt at satire i think.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

It's a very idiosyncratic profile but clearly works as you have 22 veris, the most recent one being 15 July. I fabbed a pic.

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

"[Removed by poster at 18/07/13 09:53:00] or as mentioned earlier, a piss take thread/profile "

Guess that answers that then

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I think we are having our legs pulled.

"

....wide apart

over a year ago

Presuming your profile is supposed to be a joke, then a few paragraphs maybe the odd smile as in

Then perhaps a real profile under the joke that says what you want and what you have to offer.

IF your profile is serious, thanks but no thanks, arrogant people don't really do anything for us.

over a year ago

I lol'd

over a year ago

fab is way more than a swinging site for alot of people

over a year ago

Thanks in advance!"

Get yourself to chams club . XX

over a year ago

Thanks in advance!

Blimey it's a bit early in da morning fir getting philosophical innit??! I'll have to funk bout dat when me brain rises from it's slumbers

over a year ago

Damn, there's no photo of your oceanic yacht

over a year ago

"Damn, there's no photo of your oceanic yacht "

I think Kate Winslet borrowed it!

over a year ago

Thanks in advance!

This will be interesting, if you we're a single male you would get slaughtered for this post, I am guessing you will be treated differently "

What he said...

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Haha a total piss take thread....not unusual from the OP "

this..

gotta love irony..

over a year ago

I thought the OP wasn't rich enough and both hit with the ugly stick when seen their profile before so didnt bother to contact them, thats probably what others have done

over a year ago

if Barbie and ken are not good enough most of us cant match that, most feel uncomfortable and intimidated around the well to do

you told us you have money and can buy anything , you cant buy nice people, I suggest you loose the rich money side and sell your personality, as you both look attractive enough,

we would not contact you looking at your current profile as we would feel you wouldn't give us a second glance , not being rude just honest , good luck guys

over a year ago

I only opened this thread cos of the title "is it just us?" By a username "lovely bum".

....just had to have a look.

over a year ago

"if Barbie and ken are not good enough most of us cant match that, most feel uncomfortable and intimidated around the well to do

you told us you have money and can buy anything , you cant buy nice people, I suggest you loose the rich money side and sell your personality, as you both look attractive enough,

we would not contact you looking at your current profile as we would feel you wouldn't give us a second glance , not being rude just honest , good luck guys"

Maybe when they say 'Barbie and Ken' they mean Barbara Castle and Ken Clarke?

over a year ago

I WAS gonna bother with them until I discovered they are only NOUVEAU RICHE and personally I only hang around with old inherited money!!

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I WAS gonna bother with them until I discovered they are only NOUVEAU RICHE and personally I only hang around with old inherited money!! "

You can't buy class.

over a year ago

I think it's quite funny - particularly to see the reactions it's provoked

over a year ago

"I think it's quite funny - particularly to see the reactions it's provoked "

and you know there isn't an element of truth in their profile how...?

By *win PeaksCouple
over a year ago

Northamptonshire

"I think it's quite funny - particularly to see the reactions it's provoked

and you know there isn't an element of truth in their profile how...?"

Exactly.

Only a very small percentage of Fab members use the Forums, so most people who look at this profile won't have a clue about the personality of the author and would read it straight and think WTF!

I know I did and I regularly read the Forums, and half the time I have to stop and think that maybe the OP isn't as serious as they come across.

N

By *ovelybum OP   Couple
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

By reading between the lines

over a year ago

I can't understand why you're struggling... I had a look and I'd love to chat and see where it goes but I'm living in Scotland. Wouldn't be traveling down to London any time soon. Even so, why would you want that as many would rather it be local and likely regularly

over a year ago

I don't much care. The amusement has been at the reactions.

over a year ago

Thanks in advance!"

its called the school holidays

over a year ago

Thanks in advance!"

Join the club! Kids, weather, school hols, govt gut-backs, recession etc etc etc... there's always a reason.

I do honestly think a lot of people are so up to the limit (and beyond) money-wise that even arranging a meet which costs them some petrol money - let alone a share of a hotel room! - is out of the question. Have had this conversation privately with quite a few couples over the last few months and it seems to be the same for everyone - us included..

ted.

By *oneythiefMan
over a year ago

Perthshire

I thought the profile pics were very sexy and horny. After reading your profile I could not decide if you were trying to be witty and funny to break the ice or that you were that far up your own arse there was no room for anyone else???

over a year ago

Thanks in advance!

Join the club! Kids, weather, school hols, govt gut-backs, recession etc etc etc... there's always a reason.

I do honestly think a lot of people are so up to the limit (and beyond) money-wise that even arranging a meet which costs them some petrol money - let alone a share of a hotel room! - is out of the question. Have had this conversation privately with quite a few couples over the last few months and it seems to be the same for everyone - us included..

ted."

PFT! Ya mean you cant be arsed to walk 30 miles for a shag? Timewaster lol

By *ovelybum OP   Couple
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

The responses we had were quite entetrainig

Thanks guys!

By *ovelybum OP   Couple
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

And here's the profile text we had at the time of starting this thread, in case someone is missing the point.

We are smoking hot. We are the smartest people we know. We are more successful in business than any of our peers. We throw parties where we only invite the hottest people to attend. We are very engaging, and once you meet us, you will probably fall in love with us. We are not Ken and Barbie. Ken and Barbie are not good enough for us. We have high standards, doesn't every one? If we do not want to have sex with you, there is no sense in meeting you, because just face it, things will never progress further and that would be a waste of time for both of us. We are beautiful and know it, you should know this before writing us. We have money. If you look at the pics of our Big Bad Boat and our Private Plane and our Semi Oceanic Olympic Pool you may notice. If you did not notice, we have to tell you: We have money. Lots of it. We eat expensive food in expensive restaurants in very expensive cities. We use expensive caviar flavored condoms. We drive expensive cars, because we have money. We live in a big mansion. Actually is two or three mansions, maybe you noticed. And that tiny dot against the Taj Majal in the last pic in our profile is us. Do you like us?

over a year ago

Yeah but the fact u hadn't mentioned owning a stately home put me off ya AND of course inherited old money NEVER discusses their wealth. only the crippling death duties we have to pay

By *unky monkey 351Man
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Try being a single guy I'm still waiting to meet some one lol

over a year ago

start meeting smokers...we are always up for a fag..oops, shag

I like the profile..sexually explicit, male half involved (not that its in my interest lol), but just makes it easier(well it should) when looking for cpls or fems

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

Still not sure i quite get the point of the whole exercise.....

over a year ago

Just keep tryin

By *ovelybum OP   Couple
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

"Still not sure i quite get the point of the whole exercise....."

Blocking us have answered your question

over a year ago

"And here's the profile text we had at the time of starting this thread, in case someone is missing the point.

We are smoking hot. We are the smartest people we know. We are more successful in business than any of our peers. We throw parties where we only invite the hottest people to attend. We are very engaging, and once you meet us, you will probably fall in love with us. We are not Ken and Barbie. Ken and Barbie are not good enough for us. We have high standards, doesn't every one? If we do not want to have sex with you, there is no sense in meeting you, because just face it, things will never progress further and that would be a waste of time for both of us. We are beautiful and know it, you should know this before writing us. We have money. If you look at the pics of our Big Bad Boat and our Private Plane and our Semi Oceanic Olympic Pool you may notice. If you did not notice, we have to tell you: We have money. Lots of it. We eat expensive food in expensive restaurants in very expensive cities. We use expensive caviar flavored condoms. We drive expensive cars, because we have money. We live in a big mansion. Actually is two or three mansions, maybe you noticed. And that tiny dot against the Taj Majal in the last pic in our profile is us. Do you like us?"

I'm quoting the whole thing so you know what I'm talking about...

I get it...in fact it's the kind of "I don't give a fuck I'm having a joke" profile...which I like.

But on here...some people don't "get it" and think it's like actually serious.

$0.02

over a year ago

As a mature man, I never even get winks!......hope thinks get better for you tow. xx

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

"Still not sure i quite get the point of the whole exercise.....

Blocking us have answered your question "

Not really

over a year ago

"The responses we had were quite entetrainig

Thanks guys! "

I forgot about your profile text when I first posted and I remember you posting a similar thread last year...equally as funny

over a year ago

So you're not rich or funny then?

over a year ago

I didnt see the profile text in either version

By *ovelybum OP   Couple
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells