Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Benefit fraud...

Jump to newest

By *issHottieBottie OP   Woman
over a year ago

Kent

I've reported someone that is committing benefit fraud 3 times now over 2 months and still no ones been out to check.

Is there just a shortage of people to check these things?

Always things in the papers about too many people claiming etc yet when there is reports nothing gets done.

Is each local council responsibility to check? Or is there like a fraud head office?

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *ichaelangelaCouple
over a year ago

notts

i think they investigate for a while just to make sure it's not a malicious call

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Combination of things

1: there's a shortage

2: there's a process so that we don't have Stalinist whitch hunts

3: they won't tell you what they're investigating or the results

4: they need evidence

And so forth

Reply privately

over a year ago

If you reported them through this forum there still checking your pic.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"Combination of things

And so forth "

No I know they won't tell me but one of the people involved will (obviously they don't know it was me)

Not sure how much proof they need as the person who is supposedly not living there stays there every night and all their stuff has been moved in, vehicle parked outside, post gets sent there etc.

Which leads me to believe that it's number 1 and no ones been to check yet. Which is a shame

Reply privately

over a year ago

"i think they investigate for a while just to make sure it's not a malicious call"

This .... Also to gather any evidence

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Combination of things

And so forth

No I know they won't tell me but one of the people involved will (obviously they don't know it was me)

Not sure how much proof they need as the person who is supposedly not living there stays there every night and all their stuff has been moved in, vehicle parked outside, post gets sent there etc.

Which leads me to believe that it's number 1 and no ones been to check yet. Which is a shame "

they need a lot of proof

times, dates, location, what job if known

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"Combination of things

And so forth

Which leads me to believe that it's number 1 and no ones been to check yet. Which is a shame they need a lot of proof

times, dates, location, what job if known"

Ah maybe they are gathering evidence then. I've got visions of them hiding in the bushes over the road now!! Lol x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Investigations are carried out in stages for instance

Receive report

Check their info against report

A few covert checks to substantiate claims.

Then full surveillance to obtain evidence over a long period.

Combined with other checks.

Case built move on to more obtrusive methods.

By the nature of the game no one shouldn't know they are being investigated until the last possible minute.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Must be a shortage.... This happened to me a while ago (may I add I was completely innocent)

A letter would usually be sent advising of a visit from a member of the fraud team. An interview takes place and evidence they have is put forward ie: names, cars being parked there over night and so on. The person would then be given a chance reclaim with a change of circumstances. If this is all denied then I believe further investigations are made.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Must be a shortage.... This happened to me a while ago (may I add I was completely innocent)

A letter would usually be sent advising of a visit from a member of the fraud team. An interview takes place and evidence they have is put forward ie: names, cars being parked there over night and so on. The person would then be given a chance reclaim with a change of circumstances. If this is all denied then I believe further investigations are made."

Ile just add that the car they had on file as being parked at my home had been sold 7 months prior to the visit I received.

Reply privately

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Do you not like your neighbours then?

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"I've reported someone that is committing benefit fraud 3 times now over 2 months and still no ones been out to check.

Always things in the papers about too many people claiming etc yet when there is reports nothing gets done.

Is each local council responsibility to check? Or is there like a fraud head office? "

You do realise the people expected to do the checks are civil servants whose jobs are being cut. Viscous circle.

Reply privately

By *ricky_DickyMan
over a year ago

Mirfield

"I've reported someone that is committing benefit fraud 3 times now over 2 months and still no ones been out to check.

Is each local council responsibility to check? Or is there like a fraud head office? "

Benefit fraud is usually investigated by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) as it's they who pay the benefits. I assume from the rest of the thread some one is claiming housing benefit and related benefits as a single person while cohabiting. I'm not sure what the local council would do in that situation as they are not the ones being defrauded but the DWP are, having said that if the tenancy agreement has been breached they may do something about that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is each local council responsibility to check? Or is there like a fraud head office?

You do realise the people expected to do the checks are civil servants whose jobs are being cut. Viscous circle."

thats funny.

Reply privately

over a year ago

When i lived in my old flat i reported my neighbours - she had a son, was pregnant then had the second (a boy)

The older child lived with the grandparents the whole time i knew them, then the baby went to live with them when he was born (about 3 days later!)

She claimed for all the benefits for both children but never gave a penny to the grandparents who were actually raising them

I only found this out as the walls there were paper thin and i heard every argument about it all

I then reported the pair of them for claiming for kids they weren't actually raising - she got pregnant again 3 months later - and 8 months after i reported them the two suddenly disappear from the flat

I say disappear - the police came about 11.30pm one night and took them off!

Never saw or heard of them again!

Not sure what happened to the kids, i assume they are all with the grandparents still

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

You do realise the people expected to do the checks are civil servants whose jobs are being cut. Viscous circle."

I wasn't sure who did the checks to be honest but yes I assumed it was a vicious circle scenario.

Reply privately

over a year ago

how do you know noones been out, they don't give you updates once you have reported it that's you finished and i doubt the person in question will tell you someones been to see them

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

how do you know noones been out, they don't give you updates once you have reported it that's you finished and i doubt the person in question will tell you someones been to see them"

Because I know what they are like. As soon as they know they've been reported it'll be all over Facebook and everywhere else ranting about how out of order whoever it was that reported them. They are just like that with everything.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Maybe the fraud department has already looked into your 'friends' situation and found that there are no charges to answer!

Reply privately

over a year ago

how do you know noones been out, they don't give you updates once you have reported it that's you finished and i doubt the person in question will tell you someones been to see them

Because I know what they are like. As soon as they know they've been reported it'll be all over Facebook and everywhere else ranting about how out of order whoever it was that reported them. They are just like that with everything. "

Typical Jeremy Kyle fodder then

Reply privately

over a year ago

It takes longer than 2 months. Your usually looking at 6 months, sometimes longer. Think about it, how many reports do you think they get

Reply privately

over a year ago

Because I know what they are like. As soon as they know they've been reported it'll be all over Facebook and everywhere else ranting about how out of order whoever it was that reported them. They are just like that with everything. "

fair enough

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

............... "

Relax, your medal will be in the post.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"Maybe the fraud department has already looked into your 'friends' situation and found that there are no charges to answer!"

Except I know there are as one of the people has actually told me that she is claiming. And he's not 'officially living there'

Reply privately

over a year ago

arn,t you a little rsy of sunshine lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

Relax, your medal will be in the post."

No medal required. Just wondered if anyone had any experiance or new how long these things took.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

It takes longer than 2 months. Your usually looking at 6 months, sometimes longer. Think about it, how many reports do you think they get "

No idea. That's why I asked.

Reply privately

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

That must be a friends with benefits fraud

Reply privately

over a year ago

"That must be a friends with benefits fraud "

That was funny

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"That must be a friends with benefits fraud "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"arn,t you a little rsy of sunshine lol "

Just don't agree with ripping off the system that's all.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Maybe the fraud department has already looked into your 'friends' situation and found that there are no charges to answer!

Except I know there are as one of the people has actually told me that she is claiming. And he's not 'officially living there' "

Aaah. Bet she wishes that she kept her mouth shut and didn't confide in a friend now eh! That'll teach her!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"Maybe the fraud department has already looked into your 'friends' situation and found that there are no charges to answer!

Except I know there are as one of the people has actually told me that she is claiming. And he's not 'officially living there'

Aaah. Bet she wishes that she kept her mouth shut and didn't confide in a friend now eh! That'll teach her! "

She's not my friend. He's only an acquaintance who I see around, neither of them are good at keeping quiet about stuff. It could be one of a hundred people who reported them. Especially as they aren't very well liked and always in fights/drama etc x

Reply privately

over a year ago

It takes longer than 2 months. Your usually looking at 6 months, sometimes longer. Think about it, how many reports do you think they get

No idea. That's why I asked. "

What actually are the rules regarding residency? How many nights a week is ok or not okay?, how many items of clothes are or arent allowed and what if the person concerned technically lives somewhere else (tenancy, rent paid,bills etc at another address). Its all very woolly to me, and again as with the OP, I have someone over the road doing just this.....

Reply privately

By *leasurexxWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

its a joke...i got reported for not using my council house as my main home!! id love to know where they thought me and the kids were living!!!...i had to have people come round my house for an interview got my mom n dad round for backup!...

i said to them u think someone has given you wrong address as the guy nxt door dont live in his 3 bed house and sub lets it out!! That was 5 yrs ago still going on now he on a right little earner!

Reply privately

By *o-jCouple
over a year ago

Outskirts of Notts

We've all got to go by the law , else all those upstanding honest MP's who work hard for a pitance ( cant remember which MP said that ) would be wasting their time by leading by example .

Reply privately

over a year ago

A person is alllwowed to stay as many nights as possible, as long as they don't move their belongings in or pay towards the bills

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"A person is alllwowed to stay as many nights as possible, as long as they don't move their belongings in or pay towards the bills"

What if they aren't paying bills elsewhere? The male was staying with family before and didn't pay bills there.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"A person is alllwowed to stay as many nights as possible, as long as they don't move their belongings in or pay towards the bills

What if they aren't paying bills elsewhere? The male was staying with family before and didn't pay bills there. "

Oh and I know all his stuff is there coz he told me they had a row a few weeks ago and he was going to be moving out (which he hasn't)

Reply privately

over a year ago

It really fucks me off we work hard both of us pay taxes get no benefits, the system is supposed to help people through difficult times not be a lifestyle choice

Reply privately

over a year ago

You haven't said if your 'aquaintance' works or not.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"It really fucks me off we work hard both of us pay taxes get no benefits, the system is supposed to help people through difficult times not be a lifestyle choice "

I know! This is what pisses me off. I've worked since I was 14. Have only claimed since I had my son and he's off to nursery in sept and I've contacted my old work to let me know as soon as a position becomes available.

I'm trying to figure out how all the people supposedly have holidays/run cars etc on benefits coz I sure as hell can't. Although if your getting your full rent and council tax paid then getting your income support and tax credits and have a good full time wage coming in every month too coz your on the fiddle then it wouldn't be too hard to save up would it?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"You haven't said if your 'aquaintance' works or not. "

She doesn't work. Gets income support and tax credits, full housing and council tax benefit.

He works full time and bring home approx £300 a week I believe.

So not only are their 2 main bills paid but they then have her benefit and his wages for utilities, food etc

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It really fucks me off we work hard both of us pay taxes get no benefits, the system is supposed to help people through difficult times not be a lifestyle choice

I know! This is what pisses me off. I've worked since I was 14. Have only claimed since I had my son and he's off to nursery in sept and I've contacted my old work to let me know as soon as a position becomes available.

I'm trying to figure out how all the people supposedly have holidays/run cars etc on benefits coz I sure as hell can't. Although if your getting your full rent and council tax paid then getting your income support and tax credits and have a good full time wage coming in every month too coz your on the fiddle then it wouldn't be too hard to save up would it? "

We are by no means well off but not on our arses either, but there are people who think the system owes them a living, I have to pay £540 a month maintainence and support my present household, I understand the need for the benefit system and don't mind paying towards it for those who genuinely need it, and for those who defraud it all they are doing is robbing everyday people

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You haven't said if your 'aquaintance' works or not.

She doesn't work. Gets income support and tax credits, full housing and council tax benefit.

He works full time and bring home approx £300 a week I believe.

So not only are their 2 main bills paid but they then have her benefit and his wages for utilities, food etc "

I hope they are prosecuted

Reply privately

over a year ago

Adam Smith's Tax day was 31 May this year, which means all the earnings we have from January to May effectively are paid in taxation ( and basically we keep June to December for ourselves).

And about 20% of taxation collected from us goes towards benefits. Therefore,we work one month a year to pay for benefits.

I think its right to catch those out who claim these benefits improperly.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"A person is alllwowed to stay as many nights as possible, as long as they don't move their belongings in or pay towards the bills

What if they aren't paying bills elsewhere? The male was staying with family before and didn't pay bills there.

Oh and I know all his stuff is there coz he told me they had a row a few weeks ago and he was going to be moving out (which he hasn't) "

Then they have to prove he does not pay towards bills but as you have stated before with mail being sent there then it sound like its not legitimate. It makes me sick people like that, when I was out of work 6 years ago for eight weeks it tried to claim housing benefit when I lived with my ex all they gave me was one pound ninty eight a week as my ex worked as a teaching assistant which is not great money and 3 kids to support.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I cant say I blame people for doing it, a couple of years ago Mr was made redundant and we tried to claim help with living costs and it we couldnt as the YEAR before we had jointly earned x amount! We were living off my way which only just covered our mortgage, I just couldnt believe the benefits system. Honestly if we were in that situation again im not sure how honest we would be.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I cant say I blame people for doing it, a couple of years ago Mr was made redundant and we tried to claim help with living costs and it we couldnt as the YEAR before we had jointly earned x amount! We were living off my way which only just covered our mortgage, I just couldnt believe the benefits system. Honestly if we were in that situation again im not sure how honest we would be."

This. If i was to be made redundant or left work due to health reasons, i wouldn't know what i would do if i was in a similar situation after hearing about how little you get on the dole! Yeah, i know that they're meant to get the bare minimum for food and bills to live on for a week, but, the dole money doesn't keep pace with the cost of goods! How did that saying go? Let him/her without sin cast the first stone?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thank god they are capping these benefits to catch those out who are living in luxury housing in expensive places...i have to live in a housing association property in an area id rather not, and I support me and my two kids, not the government (or their waste of space dad, but thats another story) fucking Jeremy Kyle fodder scroungers, they make my piss boil they do they give the genuinely in need people a bad name!

Reply privately

By *wingerdelightCouple
over a year ago

eastliegh

we have never claimed, and hope never to have to although times can be tight, we believe the benifit system is there for those in genuine need, we have always worksd, but understand that some cant.

those that cheat the system are in our opinion thieves.

Reply privately

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"I cant say I blame people for doing it, a couple of years ago Mr was made redundant and we tried to claim help with living costs and it we couldnt as the YEAR before we had jointly earned x amount! We were living off my way which only just covered our mortgage, I just couldnt believe the benefits system. Honestly if we were in that situation again im not sure how honest we would be."

Just honest enough to avoid being called benefit scrounging, Jeremy Kyle fodder, scum on these enlightened forums

Reply privately

over a year ago

"we have never claimed, and hope never to have to although times can be tight, we believe the benifit system is there for those in genuine need, we have always worksd, but understand that some cant.

those that cheat the system are in our opinion thieves."

Reply privately

over a year ago

Cash should be abolished from the economy (not too difficult as lots of people even pay for sundry items on debit cards now), and this will eliminate cash in hand work. All payments to any individual always via bank account.

This will eliminate those who claim and work...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Cash should be abolished from the economy (not too difficult as lots of people even pay for sundry items on debit cards now), and this will eliminate cash in hand work. All payments to any individual always via bank account.

This will eliminate those who claim and work..."

Did this idea just pop into your head? What about folks that are in debt and not able to open an account? Or what about folks with more than one account?

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"arn,t you a little rsy of sunshine lol

Just don't agree with ripping off the system that's all. "

I doubt there's (m)any of us who haven't broken the law at some time or another.

Speeding, underage drinking, a wee bit of wacky baccy, dropping litter and so on.

Do contributors here reckon all those who've committed these heinous offences should be charged, taken to court and punished?

Reply privately

over a year ago

they could be looking into it. a few calls wont mean nothing they need to watch them get evidence and the likes

x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Cash should be abolished from the economy (not too difficult as lots of people even pay for sundry items on debit cards now), and this will eliminate cash in hand work. All payments to any individual always via bank account.

seriouslly!!!!!!

i pay cash as i know where i am with my bills and life and i know how much i have left etc

a debit card is harder to work out whats been spent where

Reply privately

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

You've not really thought this through, have you ? There is currently £50 Billion in circulation in the UK, how do you intend to get this out of circulation and then deal with the total collapse of our economy ?

And how am I going to pay the window cleaner ?

Reply privately

By *wingerdelightCouple
over a year ago

eastliegh

I doubt there's (m)any of us who haven't broken the law at some time or another.

Speeding, underage drinking, a wee bit of wacky baccy, dropping litter and so on.

Do contributors here reckon all those who've committed these heinous offences should be charged, taken to court and punished?"

theft is still theft, and yes it affects us all, underage drinking doesnt

Reply privately

over a year ago

No...but a few on here should be bent over a bed and flogged into submission mwahhaha

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I cant say I blame people for doing it, a couple of years ago Mr was made redundant and we tried to claim help with living costs and it we couldnt as the YEAR before we had jointly earned x amount! We were living off my way which only just covered our mortgage, I just couldnt believe the benefits system. Honestly if we were in that situation again im not sure how honest we would be.

Just honest enough to avoid being called benefit scrounging, Jeremy Kyle fodder, scum on these enlightened forums"

I honestly couldnt say if I would " theive" from all the honest tay payers but if it meant a difference between eating and starving then I would take my chances and wouldnt give 2 hoots what people called me, maybe its just me taking my taxes back but dishonestly?

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Do contributors here reckon all those who've committed these heinous offences should be charged, taken to court and punished?

theft is still theft, and yes it affects us all, underage drinking doesnt"

No? When they beat up pensioners or tan someone's house?

Reply privately

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"I cant say I blame people for doing it, a couple of years ago Mr was made redundant and we tried to claim help with living costs and it we couldnt as the YEAR before we had jointly earned x amount! We were living off my way which only just covered our mortgage, I just couldnt believe the benefits system. Honestly if we were in that situation again im not sure how honest we would be.

Just honest enough to avoid being called benefit scrounging, Jeremy Kyle fodder, scum on these enlightened forums

I honestly couldnt say if I would " theive" from all the honest tay payers but if it meant a difference between eating and starving then I would take my chances and wouldnt give 2 hoots what people called me, maybe its just me taking my taxes back but dishonestly?"

I'm fairly sure you wouldn't be the only one !

Reply privately

By *wingerdelightCouple
over a year ago

eastliegh

theft is still theft, and yes it affects us all, underage drinking doesnt

No? When they beat up pensioners or tan someone's house?"

very true, but thats not the same as having a little drink underage

Reply privately

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

What a terrible idea, lol.

Reply privately

over a year ago

theft is still theft, and yes it affects us all, underage drinking doesnt"

Underage drinking doesn't affect us? Are you having a laugh? What about the little toe rags hanging about parks and street corners filling up on booze then battering anyone who looks at them in the wrong way? Or going out on a vandalism spree?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I honestly couldnt say if I would " theive" from all the honest tay payers but if it meant a difference between eating and starving then I would take my chances and wouldnt give 2 hoots what people called me, maybe its just me taking my taxes back but dishonestly?"

The people im referring to are those who would be on that programme Skint...dont even know what tax is let alone ever have paid any...i appreciate there are genuine people who can't work for various reasons, but those who make it a lifestyle choice and actually make money by doing it, yeah they should have the rug pulled from under them

Reply privately

over a year ago

Benefit fraud is something I really hate with a passion. Since loosing my job last December I am now working two jobs to make ends meet and it annoys me that I pay even more tax on my second job and there are folks out there that refuse to work as its easier to claim benefits . I do appreciate that there are genuine cases out there but its time our government came down on

this and the money saved was spent on things like education and health care.

Dam fell off my soap box

Reply privately

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

I honestly couldnt say if I would " theive" from all the honest tay payers but if it meant a difference between eating and starving then I would take my chances and wouldnt give 2 hoots what people called me, maybe its just me taking my taxes back but dishonestly?

The people im referring to are those who would be on that programme Skint...dont even know what tax is let alone ever have paid any...i appreciate there are genuine people who can't work for various reasons, but those who make it a lifestyle choice and actually make money by doing it, yeah they should have the rug pulled from under them"

So it's just certain types of benefit fraudsters that you want to crack down on then, not the honest, hard-working ones ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

And how am I going to pay the window cleaner ?"

with a handshake

Reply privately

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"

with a handshake "

Yeah, he loves those in lieu of cash

Probably doesn't pay tax on all his earnings either, tax-dodging scumbag !

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I've reported someone that is committing benefit fraud 3 times now over 2 months "

Why do you feel the need to get someone in trouble so much? Jealousy is it?

Reply privately

By *wingerdelightCouple
over a year ago

eastliegh

"I've reported someone that is committing benefit fraud 3 times now over 2 months

Why do you feel the need to get someone in trouble so much? Jealousy is it? "

maybe just trying to do the right thing

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

with a handshake

Yeah, he loves those in lieu of cash

Probably doesn't pay tax on all his earnings either, tax-dodging scumbag !"

LOLOL

do i need to pay cash if i erm erm

Reply privately

over a year ago

Having been in a position where we had little money coming in and being told that because we earned too much the year before therefore not entitled to anything this year... I would hate to be in that position again!

I think the benefit system in place isnt very good from what I understand of it, I dont understand how these long term unemployed get away with it and they must know a way of getting round the system??? If we do find ourselves in that position again I think I will ask some of the regulars in the queue for advice!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I've reported someone that is committing benefit fraud 3 times now over 2 months

maybe just trying to do the right thing"

Reply privately

over a year ago

maybe just trying to do the right thing"

Ruin a family to line the pockets of government. Right thing is it?

Reply privately

By *wingerdelightCouple
over a year ago

eastliegh

Ruin a family to line the pockets of government. Right thing is it?"

how would you feel if that person broke in to your house and stole your money, because it all adds up to the same thing

Reply privately

over a year ago

so you think its acceptable for people to get away with fraud?

If decent honest people didnt report these crimes they are just as guilty.

How many nights staying over a week counts as fraud though? Ive tried to look on my local councils website and cant find anything

Reply privately

over a year ago

basically yes,, but with her partners income if it was worked out properly i cant see how they would be skint

Reply privately

over a year ago

Being honest here.

I have worked since the age of 16 and through college i wasnt born with a silver spoon in my mouth

i have worked hard to where i am today and i think people who genuinely need help should get it BUT if they can do jobs for cash and get by they dont need benefits

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes it is the right thing it's our money

Reply privately

over a year ago

How many nights staying over a week counts as fraud though? Ive tried to look on my local councils website and cant find anything"

Yh I much rather a family claim extra to look after themselves then line the pockets of a government who are forcing people off benefits.

If it was your friend or a family member doing it, would you report them too then?

It doesnt hurt me so why would I report and give them so much heartache?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

If it was your friend or a family member doing it, would you report them too then?

It doesnt hurt me so why would I report and give them so much heartache?"

so you are happy paying tax and insurance for people to claim benefits and work as well!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

so you are happy paying tax and insurance for people to claim benefits and work as well!"

Much rather that then pay for duck homes yeah. You have to be desperate to do that and I wouldnt report anyone. Just saying

Reply privately

over a year ago

ok report it once but to repeatedly do it seems like jealousy or someone with too much time on there hands.

Reply privately

over a year ago

How many nights staying over a week counts as fraud though? Ive tried to look on my local councils website and cant find anything"

Just a thought here, but, how do we know these people are committing fraud? We don't know the actual circumstances of this case, yet 'most' of the posts have condemned them for fraud over hearsay! If i was ever in court, i'd ask my lawyer to dismiss any of the jury that were members of fab due to to having found me guilty before hearing MY side of the story!

Reply privately

over a year ago

ok report it once but to repeatedly do it seems like jealousy or someone with too much time on there hands. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

How many nights staying over a week counts as fraud though? Ive tried to look on my local councils website and cant find anything

Just a thought here, but, how do we know these people are committing fraud? We don't know the actual circumstances of this case, yet 'most' of the posts have condemned them for fraud over hearsay! If i was ever in court, i'd ask my lawyer to dismiss any of the jury that were members of fab due to to having found me guilty before hearing MY side of the story!"

Lol good point

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yh I much rather a family claim extra to look after themselves then line the pockets of a government who are forcing people off benefits.

It doesnt hurt me so why would I report and give them so much heartache?"

Damm right i would report someone for commiting fraud, what person wouldnt?

Why should i work, be honest and declare everything for others to cheat be dishonest and then be better off for it?

Every single change i have to my income i declare as i dont want to owe the council or HMRC something.. i had recieved an over payment of council tax benefit of £3.05 and rightly so paid it back

This woman sound like she claims full benefits for her family but has not informed the council of her boyfriend who earns a full wage moving in with her.

The system is there to be fair to those who need it or are entitled to using it, by not declaring this mans income is unfair to every tax payer in this country and is simply selfish and greedy

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just a thought here, but, how do we know these people are committing fraud? We don't know the actual circumstances of this case, yet 'most' of the posts have condemned them for fraud over hearsay! If i was ever in court, i'd ask my lawyer to dismiss any of the jury that were members of fab due to to having found me guilty before hearing MY side of the story!"

Your correct we only know one side of the story, but im just presuming the situation is fact and that someone is defrauding the system.

my point is that if no one ever reports even the suspect cases then there will be thousands who get away with it because no one 'mans up' and reports hunches.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why should i work, be honest and declare everything for others to cheat be dishonest and then be better off for it?

Every single change i have to my income i declare as i dont want to owe the council or HMRC something.. i had recieved an over payment of council tax benefit of £3.05 and rightly so paid it back

This woman sound like she claims full benefits for her family but has not informed the council of her boyfriend who earns a full wage moving in with her.

The system is there to be fair to those who need it or are entitled to using it, by not declaring this mans income is unfair to every tax payer in this country and is simply selfish and greedy"

Yeah your jealous thats why you are reporting it. You dont want someone who apparently doesn't work as hard to have more then you. No other reason why you are reporting them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

so you are happy paying tax and insurance for people to claim benefits and work as well!

Much rather that then pay for duck homes yeah. You have to be desperate to do that and I wouldnt report anyone. Just saying "

Desperate or just someone being honest when others arent?

I dont think its jealousy at all. Having extra income that is not declared and not rightly theirs is not fair!

People who turn a blind eye at any kind of abuse are just as bad as those who commit it in my eyes. Ive morals

Reply privately

over a year ago

just because her boyfriend is living with her doesnt mean he is giving her money though and the amount of money she would be getting extra wouldnt be all that much i dont think.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Dear me is there any need for this abuse? Jealousy probably doesn't come in to it leave the woman alone.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The system is there to be fair to those who need it or are entitled to using it, by not declaring this mans income is unfair to every tax payer in this country and is simply selfish and greedy

Yeah your jealous thats why you are reporting it. You dont want someone who apparently doesn't work as hard to have more then you. No other reason why you are reporting them. "

your talking utter crap Ash, i work for a living, im an honest individual. Ive pride it what i do and who i am as a person. The people causing these offenses are in the wrong and we have a justice system in place to correct these wrongs

Reply privately

By *wingerdelightCouple
over a year ago

eastliegh

"

Much rather that then pay for duck homes yeah. You have to be desperate to do that and I wouldnt report anyone. Just saying

Desperate or just someone being honest when others arent?

I dont think its jealousy at all. Having extra income that is not declared and not rightly theirs is not fair!

People who turn a blind eye at any kind of abuse are just as bad as those who commit it in my eyes. Ive morals "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just a thought here, but, how do we know these people are committing fraud? We don't know the actual circumstances of this case, yet 'most' of the posts have condemned them for fraud over hearsay! If i was ever in court, i'd ask my lawyer to dismiss any of the jury that were members of fab due to to having found me guilty before hearing MY side of the story!

Your correct we only know one side of the story, but im just presuming the situation is fact and that someone is defrauding the system.

my point is that if no one ever reports even the suspect cases then there will be thousands who get away with it because no one 'mans up' and reports hunches.

"

But its that 'presumption' that can destroy families on benefits. Don't forget, they get their benefits stopped while being investigated, so even if they are innocent, they have to live on nothing until the case has been sorted out!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

your talking utter crap Ash, i work for a living, im an honest individual. Ive pride it what i do and who i am as a person. The people causing these offenses are in the wrong and we have a justice system in place to correct these wrongs "

And I wont report for the same reasons lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just a thought here, but, how do we know these people are committing fraud? We don't know the actual circumstances of this case, yet 'most' of the posts have condemned them for fraud over hearsay! If i was ever in court, i'd ask my lawyer to dismiss any of the jury that were members of fab due to to having found me guilty before hearing MY side of the story!

But its that 'presumption' that can destroy families on benefits. Don't forget, they get their benefits stopped while being investigated, so even if they are innocent, they have to live on nothing until the case has been sorted out!"

Having never been investigated i can not comment on how long it would take, i would honestly like to think that consideration of a family with young children would get a quick swift investigation. Benefits if owed are quickly repaid

Reply privately

By *wingerdelightCouple
over a year ago

eastliegh

"

your talking utter crap Ash, i work for a living, im an honest individual. Ive pride it what i do and who i am as a person. The people causing these offenses are in the wrong and we have a justice system in place to correct these wrongs

And I wont report for the same reasons lol "

and that makes no sence

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Dear me is there any need for this abuse? Jealousy probably doesn't come in to it leave the woman alone."

Lol er ok

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Dear me is there any need for this abuse? Jealousy probably doesn't come in to it leave the woman alone."

partly jealousy, partly doing the right thing maybe.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Dear me is there any need for this abuse? Jealousy probably doesn't come in to it leave the woman alone.

partly jealousy, partly doing the right thing maybe."

I don't know the op so I don't feel I'm in any position to attribute her motives to jealousy.

Reply privately

By *wingerdelightCouple
over a year ago

eastliegh

"Dear me is there any need for this abuse? Jealousy probably doesn't come in to it leave the woman alone.

partly jealousy, partly doing the right thing maybe.

I don't know the op so I don't feel I'm in any position to attribute her motives to jealousy."

and she has a hot bottie

Reply privately

over a year ago

how would you feel if that person broke in to your house and stole your money, because it all adds up to the same thing"

Im sorry I disagree....... to break into someones home is personal and taking something that belongs to a person! that person then becomes scared in their own home. I know benefit theives affect the tax system but its not personal, it doesnt make you feel the same as when someone stole your grandmothers wedding ring.

Its like saying all murderers deserve a life sentance... even the ones who do it in self deffence.

Reply privately

over a year ago

But its that 'presumption' that can destroy families on benefits. Don't forget, they get their benefits stopped while being investigated, so even if they are innocent, they have to live on nothing until the case has been sorted out!

Having never been investigated i can not comment on how long it would take, i would honestly like to think that consideration of a family with young children would get a quick swift investigation. Benefits if owed are quickly repaid "

Tell that to my neighbour! His ex reported him for working whilst signing on. He went without benefits for 2months, got into debt and couldn't get access to his daughter. It was 'eventually' proved to be a malicious accusation by his ex because 'they fell out'. Don't get me wrong, if someone IS defrauding the benefits system, then they should be punished. I just think people should hear both sides of story before the accused is hung, drawn and quartered!

Reply privately

By *wingerdelightCouple
over a year ago

eastliegh

how would you feel if that person broke in to your house and stole your money, because it all adds up to the same thing

Im sorry I disagree....... to break into someones home is personal and taking something that belongs to a person! that person then becomes scared in their own home. I know benefit theives affect the tax system but its not personal, it doesnt make you feel the same as when someone stole your grandmothers wedding ring.

Its like saying all murderers deserve a life sentance... even the ones who do it in self deffence."

ok i was over stating my point, but the point remains all the same

Reply privately

over a year ago

" I just think people should hear both sides of story before the accused is hung, drawn and quartered!"

I just took the initial post as a FACT.. (weather it is no one will know except the lady and her bf in question) The OP states this to be fact so that is how my answers were given.

The situation that someone IS fraudulent then of course id report, just wouldn't understand why someone who knows that something is wrong wouldn't report the truth baffles me.

Just difference of opinion.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Just difference of opinion. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

" I just think people should hear both sides of story before the accused is hung, drawn and quartered!

I just took the initial post as a FACT.. (weather it is no one will know except the lady and her bf in question) The OP states this to be fact so that is how my answers were given.

The situation that someone IS fraudulent then of course id report, just wouldn't understand why someone who knows that something is wrong wouldn't report the truth baffles me.

Just difference of opinion. "

Exactly, and i agree. But as the op stated in her original post, she has reported it THREE times! As i said in one of my earlier post, maybe the dwp HAS investigated it, (say, after the first or even second accusation) and found that no charges were warranted?

Reply privately

By *rumCoupleCouple
over a year ago

birmingham

"

Its like saying all murderers deserve a life sentance... even the ones who do it in self deffence."

No it's not. Self defence is an absolute defence to murder, meaning it *isn't* a crime.

FWIW, it would be trivially easy to catch 80% of benefit fraudsters with the information currently in various government and local authority databases. If could add in the marketing databases held by the big supermarkets, you could probably nudge 90%. Wouldn't even be a question of data protection, since you would be using it for crime prevention.

You therefore have to question the motives of (successive) governments who haven't done this. It's almost like they *want* a level of fraud. Why not ? It means they can demonise whatever area of society they want. I see teenage mums are in the firing line again.

It's like death from tobacco. Why not just ban it ? Or are they waiting for more evidence ? Funny, they moved cannabis from C to B without any evidence "just in case".

Cynical ?

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

"

absolute tosh if you don't mind me saying..

do we all turn into a nation of snoopers, hearsay and gossip spreading busybodies etc..

define crime, all crime..?

the old lady across the road with MS who grows a little to help her live pain free..?

the kids who use foul language, drop litter or have a can of lager get them dobbed in eh..

maybe ruin their lives perhaps with an asbo, jeeze..

all the folk on here pontificating about how wrong these people are, for which we only have one side of the story..

clearly don't know anyone who has ever done a cash job, had the vat knocked off something, rounded up the mileage on expenses etc..?

broken the speed limit ..

btw I think the system needs an overhaul but so does tax evasion which costs billions..

anyone fancy protesting at the UK headquarters of any of the tax dodging corporations this weekend...

no, don't think so..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

No in fact each time there was more to report. It does say when I looked it up to contact with any new information. So I did???

Why the defensive? Are you doing it?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

" I just think people should hear both sides of story before the accused is hung, drawn and quartered!

Just difference of opinion.

Exactly, and i agree. But as the op stated in her original post, she has reported it THREE times! As i said in one of my earlier post, maybe the dwp HAS investigated it, (say, after the first or even second accusation) and found that no charges were warranted? "

Again, 3 times only because there was new info to add. Not just because I kept sending the same report over and over.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

absolute tosh if you don't mind me saying..

do we all turn into a nation of snoopers, hearsay and gossip spreading busybodies etc..

define crime, all crime..?

the old lady across the road with MS who grows a little to help her live pain free..?

the kids who use foul language, drop litter or have a can of lager get them dobbed in eh..

maybe ruin their lives perhaps with an asbo, jeeze..

all the folk on here pontificating about how wrong these people are, for which we only have one side of the story..

clearly don't know anyone who has ever done a cash job, had the vat knocked off something, rounded up the mileage on expenses etc..?

broken the speed limit ..

btw I think the system needs an overhaul but so does tax evasion which costs billions..

anyone fancy protesting at the UK headquarters of any of the tax dodging corporations this weekend...

no, don't think so..

"

This. It always amazes me the amount of people that are willing to codemn someone on the word of someone else! Maybe these people ARE committing fraud! Then again maybe they're NOT! As the op said, she has reported them THREE times! I'd like to think they were investigated after the first complaint and found innocent! Otherwise, why do we pay tax for the benefits office to wait for the third complaint before doing something?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

Having never been investigated i can not comment on how long it would take, i would honestly like to think that consideration of a family with young children would get a quick swift investigation. Benefits if owed are quickly repaid

Tell that to my neighbour! His ex reported him for working whilst signing on. He went without benefits for 2months, got into debt and couldn't get access to his daughter. It was 'eventually' proved to be a malicious accusation by his ex because 'they fell out'. Don't get me wrong, if someone IS defrauding the benefits system, then they should be punished. I just think people should hear both sides of story before the accused is hung, drawn and quartered!"

Conversation went as follows:

Me: oh I didn't realise you two were back together?

Him: yeah for a while now.

Me: oh cool nice you got things sorted, do you stay over when your not working then?

Him: no I moved in properly but it's not 'official' yet so she hasn't sorted her benefits out or ill have to pay the rent out of my wages.

Reply privately

over a year ago

There are people who find themselves in lots of different circumstances, from single mums who struggle to feed their children through to career fraudster blatantly out for as much as they can get.

Personally, I don't like to comment on something without knowing all the facts, and it's easy to put everyone who does it under the same umbrella.

It's an easy shot to take 'benefit fraudster', since it seems to me, that perhaps the most common person to do it is someone who doesn't have influence with the media or in politics.

It is a bit like condemning someone who is homeless 'well, it's their own fault'. Some people chose to be homeless, but many don't. Many people who are homeless, like those who commit benefit fraud, might have other problems that prevents them from doing full time work over a long period of time.

I don't always think it's a black and white case.

For example, I know from personal experience of a young single mother who got 18 months in jail because she was pulling pints in a bar for £3 an hour. A job she had for a few months, working part time. On the other hand, a lady ran a taxi firm and got caught. She owed the benefits office £23,000. Her sister was the manager of the benefits office and when she appealed, she did win the appeal and she didn't have to pay a penny.

Personally, I don't think it's a good example to set to encourage someone to be dishonest, but at the same time, I could never condemn most people who do it. I would never report anyone either.

Let's not forget where we are. Has anyone forgotten the bankers? It sees to me that if one has to steal money, just make sure it is a lot you steal - that way you could end up gaining a lord, or some other title.

cash for questions? titles and access to the house of lords?

Reply privately

over a year ago

No in fact each time there was more to report. It does say when I looked it up to contact with any new information. So I did???

Why the defensive? Are you doing it? "

DON'T TELL HER! PLEAD THE FIFTH!

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

This. It always amazes me the amount of people that are willing to codemn someone on the word of someone else! Maybe these people ARE committing fraud! Then again maybe they're NOT! As the op said, she has reported them THREE times! I'd like to think they were investigated after the first complaint and found innocent! Otherwise, why do we pay tax for the benefits office to wait for the third complaint before doing something?"

maybe they are over stretched due to the cuts, or have as you said looked into it..

don't think they can give feedback due to DPA..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"just because her boyfriend is living with her doesnt mean he is giving her money though and the amount of money she would be getting extra wouldnt be all that much i dont think."

Yes it is. She is getting full housing benefit on a 2 bed house which in this area is prob £600 a month. Full council tax benefit prob £100 a month at least. Plus income support at £120 odd a fortnight

And I know for a fact he pays for the shopping etc and has the Internet there in his name. .

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tell that to my neighbour! His ex reported him for working whilst signing on. He went without benefits for 2months, got into debt and couldn't get access to his daughter. It was 'eventually' proved to be a malicious accusation by his ex because 'they fell out'. Don't get me wrong, if someone IS defrauding the benefits system, then they should be punished. I just think people should hear both sides of story before the accused is hung, drawn and quartered!

Me: oh cool nice you got things sorted, do you stay over when your not working then?

Him: no I moved in properly but it's not 'official' yet so she hasn't sorted her benefits out or ill have to pay the rent out of my wages. "

Still hearsay i'm afraid! And if he said 'yet', doesn't that mean they could be sorting out the benefits after they see if the relationship works out or not?

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/07/13 16:04:57]

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

Him: no I moved in properly but it's not 'official' yet so she hasn't sorted her benefits out or ill have to pay the rent out of my wages. "

so they may have done so but again for several reasons its not been sorted yet..?

benefit agency have been cut also..

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

DON'T TELL HER! PLEAD THE FIFTH! "

ah the old 'you must be on 'their side' as you have a differing viewpoint'..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

ok report it once but to repeatedly do it seems like jealousy or someone with too much time on there hands. "

When I filled in the form it said if any new info regarding the report came up to report that to. So I did.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

Him: no I moved in properly but it's not 'official' yet so she hasn't sorted her benefits out or ill have to pay the rent out of my wages.

Still hearsay i'm afraid! And if he said 'yet', doesn't that mean they could be sorting out the benefits after they see if the relationship works out or not?"

Quite possibly. But that doesn't mean that they should still be claiming god knows how much in the mean time. He's living there. She's claiming. It's as simple as that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

ok report it once but to repeatedly do it seems like jealousy or someone with too much time on there hands.

When I filled in the form it said if any new info regarding the report came up to report that to. So I did.

"

I agree with you that fraud is wrong, any fraud but many of us have done so if we are honest going by the absolute definition..

not having a pop at you but if the form also said other evidence is helpful eg. photographic..

would you do that also..?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"

so they may have done so but again for several reasons its not been sorted yet..?

benefit agency have been cut also..

"

Possibly. But when I rang with a change in circumstances a few weeks back it was sorted and adjusted within days.

Reply privately

over a year ago

i really believe what goes around comes around, so personally i would neither cheat nor report anyone, i think all sides will in some way find the universe balances it all out in the end!

Reply privately

over a year ago

DON'T TELL HER! PLEAD THE FIFTH!

ah the old 'you must be on 'their side' as you have a differing viewpoint'..

"

Yep. I guess we aren't allowed to use our own iniative on these things because "its true if someone says it is"!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

To be fair I started the thread to ask if anyone knew the time constraints or procedure when reports were made and who made them?

Didn't mean it to turn into a should we/shoukdnt we report benefit fraudsters or my motives for doing so.

People have explained near the beginning of the thread what the process is. So thank you to them.

I know 100% what I have said is the truth but short of asking the guy in question to post on here confirming it there's not much I can do!

Reply privately

By *oversforfun2000Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

Had to put my 2 pence worth in, while I don't agree with the op reporting her neighbour I don't feel comfortable with the abuse she seems to be taking!! If she thinks what she has done is right then that's her decision!!

My hubby and I both work our neighbours are the same as the op's have I reported her..no, will I..no it's not something I could justify it to myself!! I think the way ppl treat others on benefits whether genuine or not is disgusting in this country at the moment!! This government is doing an excellent job of deflecting the blame on them!!

I wish ppl would live and let live!!

Will probably be shot down but this is what I think!! Xx

Reply privately

By *picyminxWoman
over a year ago

Huntingdon

Sounds to me like they plan to sort it .. I'd have thought after 3 times of updating information .they're fully aware of what your saying ...any more and it actually might start looking malicious. It might be an idea to drop the vendetta and let nature take its course!

Reply privately

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

" This government is doing an excellent job of deflecting the blame on them!!

Will probably be shot down but this is what I think!! Xx "

^^^This !

You'll get no condemnation from me !

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Had to put my 2 pence worth in, while I don't agree with the op reporting her neighbour I don't feel comfortable with the abuse she seems to be taking!! If she thinks what she has done is right then that's her decision!!

My hubby and I both work our neighbours are the same as the op's have I reported her..no, will I..no it's not something I could justify it to myself!! I think the way ppl treat others on benefits whether genuine or not is disgusting in this country at the moment!! This government is doing an excellent job of deflecting the blame on them!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

glasgow

" This government is doing an excellent job of deflecting the blame on them!!

^^^This !

You'll get no condemnation from me !

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Are these people your 'friends'

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

Because I know what they are like. As soon as they know they've been reported it'll be all over Facebook and everywhere else ranting about how out of order whoever it was that reported them. They are just like that with everything.

Are these people your 'friends' "

No

Reply privately

By *uthTVDerbysTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

There's a reason why it's called the Welfare State. It's "Well Fair". Especially to those who take advantage of it. Now what can be wrong with that?

Oh. And it's all free too. Double result!

Reply privately

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

On the plus side Hot Bot. At east the thread will reach 175 whilst its still the friendly people online

Reply privately

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

*least

Reply privately

over a year ago

No "

I see, and what are you hoping to gain by reporting them, just out of interest, and btw no matter how carefull you are they are very likely to find out it was you who shopped them

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"*least "

I couldn't give a monkeys if people think I'm wrong Ryan. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Had to put my 2 pence worth in, while I don't agree with the op reporting her neighbour I don't feel comfortable with the abuse she seems to be taking!! If she thinks what she has done is right then that's her decision!!

Good on you! I'm especially pleased that it's a fellow Glaswegian profile with these views. x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"On the plus side Hot Bot. At east the thread will reach 175 whilst its still the friendly people online "

Is that the west to hope for then?

Reply privately

By *ingleguy1973Man
over a year ago

peterborough

"I think the way ppl treat others on benefits whether genuine or not is disgusting in this country at the moment!! This government is doing an excellent job of deflecting the blame on them!!

The country is broke, we can't afford the massive welfare bill so with only so much money to go round, anyone who is making a false claim is in my opinion stealing from those who really need it and who really deserve it. Only my opinion too but in my eyes that makes them among the lowest of the low. Sorry but that's how I see it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

No

I see, and what are you hoping to gain by reporting them, just out of interest, and btw no matter how carefull you are they are very likely to find out it was you who shopped them "

I won't gain anything will I? Just the knowledge that they are getting what they SHOULD and not nearly 3 times that amount when so many people are struggling is enough for me!

And the report is anonymous. No contact details at all get submitted. So it's pretty unlikely that they will know its me.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No

I see, and what are you hoping to gain by reporting them, just out of interest, and btw no matter how carefull you are they are very likely to find out it was you who shopped them

I won't gain anything will I? Just the knowledge that they are getting what they SHOULD and not nearly 3 times that amount when so many people are struggling is enough for me!

And the report is anonymous. No contact details at all get submitted. So it's pretty unlikely that they will know its me. "

Believe me, in this day with Facebook etc its difficult for people to keep any secrets, for example you have posted it on an open forum. Are these people living the high life with all their extra money??

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have two pieces of thought on all this:

1) All it takes for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.

2) For every person who is cheating the system, there will be someone for whom the system fails and they are in desperate times. I hope that such fervent vigour, passion and energy is there to help those for whom the system fails.

--

It takes far more courage and strength to help someone up than it does to knock them down.

Reply privately

over a year ago

glasgow

"I think the way ppl treat others on benefits whether genuine or not is disgusting in this country at the moment!! This government is doing an excellent job of deflecting the blame on them!!

The country is broke, we can't afford the massive welfare bill so with only so much money to go round, anyone who is making a false claim is in my opinion stealing from those who really need it and who really deserve it. Only my opinion too but in my eyes that makes them among the lowest of the low. Sorry but that's how I see it."

Lowest of the low is quite harsh is it not, why is the country broke I believe it was a lot to do with rich ppl making shockingly bad mistakes!! Or mp's claiming for second homes and every other expense they can think of!! Or rich business men or celebrities evading tax!!

My point is everybody from all walks of society have done something dishonest so why is it the benefit claimants are the scum of the earth??

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"

You therefore have to question the motives of (successive) governments who haven't done this. It's almost like they *want* a level of fraud. Why not ? It means they can demonise whatever area of society they want. I see teenage mums are in the firing line again.

It's like death from tobacco. Why not just ban it ? Or are they waiting for more evidence ? Funny, they moved cannabis from C to B without any evidence "just in case".

Cynical ?"

Absolutely agree. Well said!

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I have two pieces of thought on all this:

2) For every person who is cheating the system, there will be someone for whom the system fails and they are in desperate times. I hope that such fervent vigour, passion and energy is there to help those for whom the system fails.

--

It takes far more courage and strength to help someone up than it does to knock them down. "

This is true too but still doesn't mean the OP should be taking stick like she has been

Reply privately

over a year ago

No

And the report is anonymous. No contact details at all get submitted. So it's pretty unlikely that they will know its me. "

The report that you submitted may be anonymous, but, how do you know that they aren't members of fab? Or maybe even friends of theirs are on here? Its a small world as they say!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I have two pieces of thought on all this:

--

It takes far more courage and strength to help someone up than it does to knock them down.

This is true too but still doesn't mean the OP should be taking stick like she has been"

Agreed. See point 1!

Reply privately

By *wingerdelightCouple
over a year ago

eastliegh

all i can say op is your doing the right thing, if they are investigated and found to be doing nothing wrong then thats fine, but if something walks like a duck etc, shame there arent more like you in the world, then this country might not be in the state it is, and i mean this about everyone what ever walk of life, sogood on you

Reply privately

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

I don't know why people are getting all excited about it. It's wrong. Everyone knows it. What if someone put there hand in a shop till? Should they be patted on the back and told never mind love I won't say anything?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

No

And the report is anonymous. No contact details at all get submitted. So it's pretty unlikely that they will know its me.

The report that you submitted may be anonymous, but, how do you know that they aren't members of fab? Or maybe even friends of theirs are on here? Its a small world as they say!"

Well if they are then fair play to them and I'm sure ill get a knock on my door. Ill won't lie tho if they ask me if it was me. Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if others haven't reported them too considering they are hardly keeping it quiet.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"all i can say op is your doing the right thing, if they are investigated and found to be doing nothing wrong then thats fine, but if something walks like a duck etc, shame there arent more like you in the world, then this country might not be in the state it is, and i mean this about everyone what ever walk of life, sogood on you "

To some extant i agree, but if you think this country is in financial meltdown due to benefit fraud your a being naive. I don't think there are many people, given the option, would rather claim benefit than work for a living

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

The country is broke, we can't afford the massive welfare bill so with only so much money to go round, anyone who is making a false claim is in my opinion stealing from those who really need it and who really deserve it. Only my opinion too but in my eyes that makes them among the lowest of the low. Sorry but that's how I see it."

Is the country really broke?

If we are so broke and in debt, can you imagine the money saved had we not gone to war in at least two countries: Iraq and Afghanistan. Our troops are still there, risking their lives.

Nuclear weapons? The billions wasted on that.

The monarchy and the civil list?

I'm not saying benefit fraud is right, but for those who wish to condemn it, it would be interesting in you could swap places with them and see how well you might cope living on unemployment benefit and probably dire housing.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"I don't know why people are getting all excited about it. It's wrong. Everyone knows it. What if someone put there hand in a shop till? Should they be patted on the back and told never mind love I won't say anything?"

Don't stick up for people Ryan you know it gets you In trouble!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"

The country is broke, we can't afford the massive welfare bill so with only so much money to go round, anyone who is making a false claim is in my opinion stealing from those who really need it and who really deserve it. Only my opinion too but in my eyes that makes them among the lowest of the low. Sorry but that's how I see it.

Is the country really broke?

If we are so broke and in debt, can you imagine the money saved had we not gone to war in at least two countries: Iraq and Afghanistan. Our troops are still there, risking their lives.

Nuclear weapons? The billions wasted on that.

The monarchy and the civil list?

I'm not saying benefit fraud is right, but for those who wish to condemn it, it would be interesting in you could swap places with them and see how well you might cope living on unemployment benefit and probably dire housing. "

Oh and I am on housing benefit etc so I know it's no fun but I make do.

Reply privately

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"I don't know why people are getting all excited about it. It's wrong. Everyone knows it. What if someone put there hand in a shop till? Should they be patted on the back and told never mind love I won't say anything?

Don't stick up for people Ryan you know it gets you In trouble! "

Ah yea bugger I forgot doh......

Reply privately

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

"I don't know why people are getting all excited about it. It's wrong. Everyone knows it. What if someone put there hand in a shop till? Should they be patted on the back and told never mind love I won't say anything?"

Pffft, you know there's a defense force for EVERYTHING....don't try and make sense here, lol

Reply privately

By *rumCoupleCouple
over a year ago

birmingham

Official stats, fyi

Preliminary estimates of Fraud and Error by type of error in 2012/13

? 0.7%, or £1.2bn, of total benefit expenditure is overpaid due to fraud;

? 0.9%, or £1.6bn, of total benefit expenditure is overpaid due to claimant error;

? 0.4%, or £0.7bn, of total benefit expenditure is overpaid due to official error.

? 0.6%, or £0.9bn, of total benefit expenditure is underpaid due to claimant error;

? 0.3%, or £0.5bn, of total benefit expenditure is underpaid due to official error.

Preliminary estimates of Fraud and Error by individual benefits in 2012/13

Key findings for the individual benefits that are measured on a continuous basis

are that:

? 4.6%, or £250m, of Income Support expenditure (£5.5bn) was overpaid;

? 4.2%, or £220m, of Jobseeker’s Allowance expenditure (£5.3bn) was

overpaid;

? 5.5%, or £420m, of Pension Credit expenditure (£7.6bn) was overpaid;

? 5.3%, or £1,270m, of Housing Benefit expenditure (£23.8bn) was overpaid.

? 1.1%, or £60m, of Income Support expenditure (£5.5bn) was underpaid;

? 0.3%, or £10m, of Jobseeker’s Allowance expenditure (£5.3bn) was

underpaid;

? 2.1%, or £160m, of Pension Credit expenditure (£7.6bn) was underpaid;

? 1.3%, or £300m, of Housing Benefit expenditure (£23.8bn) was underpaid.

Reply privately

By *wingerdelightCouple
over a year ago

eastliegh

"all i can say op is your doing the right thing, if they are investigated and found to be doing nothing wrong then thats fine, but if something walks like a duck etc, shame there arent more like you in the world, then this country might not be in the state it is, and i mean this about everyone what ever walk of life, sogood on you

To some extant i agree, but if you think this country is in financial meltdown due to benefit fraud your a being naive. I don't think there are many people, given the option, would rather claim benefit than work for a living "

I think you missed the point I was making

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Having read some of the posts it is obvious that some men will go to any lengths to get a sniff of a pussy....

But back to the Op's original post, they won't report back to the complainant as to any progress they make on an investigation, making a complaint or shopping a benefit cheat doesn't earn you updates on the case.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

"Having read some of the posts it is obvious that some men will go to any lengths to get a sniff of a pussy....

But back to the Op's original post, they won't report back to the complainant as to any progress they make on an investigation, making a complaint or shopping a benefit cheat doesn't earn you updates on the case."

No I know, that was clear when I submitted the report. I just wondered of anyone knew how long roughly they investigated for before making a decision etc x

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Having read some of the posts it is obvious that some men will go to any lengths to get a sniff of a pussy....

But back to the Op's original post, they won't report back to the complainant as to any progress they make on an investigation, making a complaint or shopping a benefit cheat doesn't earn you updates on the case.

No I know, that was clear when I submitted the report. I just wondered of anyone knew how long roughly they investigated for before making a decision etc x"

I should imagine they have to collate evidence that would/could amount to any subsequent court case deemed necessary.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"all i can say op is your doing the right thing, if they are investigated and found to be doing nothing wrong then thats fine, but if something walks like a duck etc, shame there arent more like you in the world, then this country might not be in the state it is, and i mean this about everyone what ever walk of life, sogood on you

To some extant i agree, but if you think this country is in financial meltdown due to benefit fraud your a being naive. I don't think there are many people, given the option, would rather claim benefit than work for a living I think you missed the point I was making"

I have re read you post, I think you could be right

Reply privately

over a year ago

If they are committing fraud, I applaud the OP for her actions. I would do the same

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why the defensive? Are you doing it? "

Nope im not on benefits

Reply privately

By *ingleguy1973Man
over a year ago

peterborough

"

Lowest of the low is quite harsh is it not, why is the country broke I believe it was a lot to do with rich ppl making shockingly bad mistakes!! Or mp's claiming for second homes and every other expense they can think of!! Or rich business men or celebrities evading tax!!

My point is everybody from all walks of society have done something dishonest so why is it the benefit claimants are the scum of the earth?? "

I never said those on benefits are scum. My point is, benefits should be given to those who need them. That includes the sick, the elderly, the disabled. With only so much money to go round, those who cheat the system are stealing from the most vunurable members of society and those least able to look after themselves. That in my book makes them the lowest of the low.

You make some very valid points about why we are broke as a nation and I am not blaming those on benefits for our problems. Personally, I would blame Tony Blair and the fat one eyed prick who took over from him but that is not the subject of this thread.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kent

The end. X

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"

The country is broke, we can't afford the massive welfare bill so with only so much money to go round "

This is a myth. There's plenty of money around - it's just in the wrong hands. Some people are hoarding rather than spending and whilst people don't spend, shops, restaurants and other businesses will go to the wall - making the problems worse.

" anyone who is making a false claim is in my opinion stealing from those who really need it and who really deserve it. Only my opinion too but in my eyes that makes them among the lowest of the low. Sorry but that's how I see it."

Much like anyone fiddling their taxes. Anyone fiddling their benefits is probably doing it on their own. Those fiddling taxes are doing it with the connivance of KPMG, PWC and the Tory government.

Reply privately