Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

School Dinners

Jump to newest

By *icketysplits OP   Woman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

We moan about and discuss the whole school dinner debate here but they are not deadly.

A very tragic story in the news today of 21 children dying in India after eating their free school meal.

A vital part of ensuring good educational progress but without the standards and checks we take for granted.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hunger and World Poverty Sources: United Nations World Food Program (WFP), Oxfam, UNICEF

Estimate about 25,000 people die every day of hunger or hunger-related causes, many if not most are children…

It makes you think....... dun-it

over a year ago

"Hunger and World Poverty Sources: United Nations World Food Program (WFP), Oxfam, UNICEF

Estimate about 25,000 people die every day of hunger or hunger-related causes, many if not most are children…

It makes you think....... dun-it "

It does. I know the food waste here can't be stopped and transferred to those children but we are so blase about this basic survival need.

over a year ago

Just seen the news report on this, so sad, it definately makes you realise how well off we are

over a year ago

"Just seen the news report on this, so sad, it definately makes you realise how well off we are"

^^^^^ this!

over a year ago

News is reporting the Indian authorities have not ruled out the poisoning could have been caused by malicious intent…….

over a year ago

"News is reporting the Indian authorities have not ruled out the poisoning could have been caused by malicious intent…….

"

I just heard the same. How awful that anyone would think to do such a thing.

over a year ago

"News is reporting the Indian authorities have not ruled out the poisoning could have been caused by malicious intent…….

I just heard the same. How awful that anyone would think to do such a thing."

It’s hard to fathom out what goes on in the minds of evil people…….!.

I've no idea what could motivate anyone to do such a despicable thing...."if thats what happened"

Post new Message to Thread