Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

New Heathrow Runway Proposals

Jump to newest

By *icketysplits OP   Woman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

As Zac Goldsmith said, the Heathrow runway conversation is like herpes: it never goes away.

As we wait to find out where the new proposal will hit how many of us are anxious it means the end of Kestrels/AbFabs?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Caught a little of the debate on it, how far is this heathrow villiage, they are talking about going to cover?

over a year ago

"Caught a little of the debate on it, how far is this heathrow villiage, they are talking about going to cover? "

That is what we wait to find out.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I live near a small river which apparently will flood then no longer be, which will not be good, apart from the obvious reason it will also be a shame due to it being a bit of history re hampton court but no where on the shame scale as those who will loose their homes. No doubt abfabs will re locate but would it be the same?

By *atasha_DavidCouple
over a year ago

Slough

I think unless a commercial fix goes in at the highest level the Heathrow plan is dead. BoJo certainly seems to think so and he's a shrewd operator with strong interest in getting it right.

If the Heathrow plan did go ahead I am fairly certain they would flatten the village. I doubt Abs would be recreated like for like as the costs of starting from scratch would be too high. I am sure somebody would fill the gap in the market created though with an alternative venture nearby.

over a year ago

So the "Southern Plan" is in their announcements. Rich Twickenham and Richmond will be affected by more flight noise so Stanwell Moor could be saved just by that contingent.

By *wingerdelightCouple
over a year ago

eastliegh

it makes more sence than building a new airport somewhere else

over a year ago

I've heard Kestrels is very busy today. Only another 10 years before anything actually happens.

Post new Message to Thread