By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone watch it?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I did.

My observations are that keeping stashes of cash in the air vents etc. was weird and the policeman who gave evidence was awkward, a bit unprofessional and made it personal. Perhaps it was but it didn't make for pleasant viewing.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes, it was interesting viewing.

over a year ago

I found it shocking that they wasn't aloud to no about he's previous. When it's so linked that seems crazy to me. And the poor daughter . I think the farmer who sold the car was more in on it than we will ever no.

over a year ago

Also when they read out guilty there was no emotion.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I found it shocking that they wasn't aloud to no about he's previous. When it's so linked that seems crazy to me. And the poor daughter . I think the farmer who sold the car was more in on it than we will ever no."

When you're on a jury panel you're not allowed to know about previous convictions, as you'll make a biased decision towards the defendant. I heard of a case a little while ago where the defendant was a young guy accused of rape, and the jury dismissed the claim saying the woman was jealous of him and probably wanted to get back at him for sleeping with her and leaving, but it turned out he had been done for rape 3 times before!!

Madness!

over a year ago

Yep. I've been on a jury so I no why they don't tell you. But I think it's madness too!

Post new Message to Thread