Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

PC Doctor in the house PT 2

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi all,

Previous thread got to maximum so starting a new one Any previous patients can re post in here and also welcoming any new patients lol

Surgery is OPEN

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *andm288Couple
over a year ago

oxford

Hi guys

Can you help with Sonos / I tunes

I have tried merging iTunes library to Sonos

When I open Sonos it lists the songs but cannot play the file

We mainly want to play our iTunes thru our I phones but comes up with file unknown !

We are running windows 7 ( I think )

J&M x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

PC Help required for a thick one !!!!!!

Windows 8 has stuffed all my word stuff in skydrive ............. how do I use it without it going to skydrive???

over a year ago

"Hi guys

Can you help with Sonos / I tunes

I have tried merging iTunes library to Sonos

When I open Sonos it lists the songs but cannot play the file

We mainly want to play our iTunes thru our I phones but comes up with file unknown !

We are running windows 7 ( I think )

J&M x "

Hi guys,

Just did a bit of reading up on this as not massively familiar with Sonos, there are a number of possible solutions.

I need to know a couple of things though ?? Is your Sonos connected wirelessly or hard wired ?

Also have you set you iTunes library to share with Sonos ??

over a year ago

"PC Help required for a thick one !!!!!!

Windows 8 has stuffed all my word stuff in skydrive ............. how do I use it without it going to skydrive??? "

Hiya,

If you have downloaded and installed the skydrive app then all your files will be in the skydrive folder on your pc, these files are automatically backed up to skydrive.

Hit the start button and type skydrive to find the folder and your stored files

By *andm288Couple
over a year ago

oxford

Hi guys

We have 2 Sonos speaker units both connected to the wifi at home

Ref iTunes I think we have as we can see the library on the Sonos App on our phones but won't play / stream to the speaker

I'm not that experienced with ITunes but can have another play when I get home

How do we set our library to share ?

Thanx for all your help

Mark

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

will turning a computer on and off for a second time cure any problems that turning it on and off didn't solve the first time ?

over a year ago

"Hi guys

We have 2 Sonos speaker units both connected to the wifi at home

Ref iTunes I think we have as we can see the library on the Sonos App on our phones but won't play / stream to the speaker

I'm not that experienced with ITunes but can have another play when I get home

How do we set our library to share ?

Thanx for all your help

Mark"

No prob am not massively offay with Sonos myself to be honest, will have a look into it today and try and find an answer for you

By *andm288Couple
over a year ago

oxford

Cheers guys x

over a year ago

"will turning a computer on and off for a second time cure any problems that turning it on and off didn't solve the first time ? "

It depends on the problem !

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

Pleeeeeeeease Help

Making my own word press website and was really pleased with how it was looking until I tried to add a YouTube plug in to a widget area of the site

the youtube logo/link appeared on the site but said "invalid you tube channel user" so I removed the plugin from the widget and now on my website where the YouTube button was is a empty area saying "in archive" which makes it look awful

how can I get back to my original site pre YouTube attempt

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Hi all,

Surgery is OPEN "

Your help on the original thread was much appreciated. I switched off the touchpad and that seems to have sorted the jumping cursor when typing issue.

Since I was feeling brave, I switched to Google Chrome and it's been excellent. Doesn't hang, is faster than IE and I reckon it's a bit easier to use.

I promised a charitable donation. Do you have a favourite or shall I pick one?

over a year ago

Hi

I have an Apple Mac Pro computer which was given to me by a friend who works in a College, I'm having a problem updating the current programs on the computer because it's asking for the admin password everytime I try to update, problem is neither myself or my friend knows the password as the computer is from a stock which was been thrown out! Is there any way of getting rid of the current administrator account and setting up a new one?

Thanks for any help in advance

By *allDarkFoxForYouMan
over a year ago

Winchester/London

"Hi all,

Surgery is OPEN

Your help on the original thread was much appreciated. I switched off the touchpad and that seems to have sorted the jumping cursor when typing issue.

Since I was feeling brave, I switched to Google Chrome and it's been excellent. Doesn't hang, is faster than IE and I reckon it's a bit easier to use.

I promised a charitable donation. Do you have a favourite or shall I pick one? "

That's a nice touch and shows integrity well done you

over a year ago

"PC Help required for a thick one !!!!!!

Windows 8 has stuffed all my word stuff in skydrive ............. how do I use it without it going to skydrive??? "

you should be able to control what goes to SkyDrive from settings and default folder settings in word etc.

try going to word preferences and looking for defaults.

Mike

over a year ago

"Hi all,

Surgery is OPEN

I promised a charitable donation. Do you have a favourite or shall I pick one? "

Wow thats really cool we like Help for Heroes and that is really generous of you thank you

x

over a year ago

Have been really busy with work peeps so will be back later today and try and solve any probs

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Hi all,

Surgery is OPEN

I promised a charitable donation. Do you have a favourite or shall I pick one?

Wow thats really cool we like Help for Heroes and that is really generous of you thank you

x "

The promise of an officer and a gentleman. It'll be done today.

over a year ago

"Hi

I have an Apple Mac Pro computer which was given to me by a friend who works in a College, I'm having a problem updating the current programs on the computer because it's asking for the admin password everytime I try to update, problem is neither myself or my friend knows the password as the computer is from a stock which was been thrown out! Is there any way of getting rid of the current administrator account and setting up a new one?

Thanks for any help in advance "

There is way to reset the password , its long winded on Apples lol but it can be done Its far too long to post on here so will inbox you the link that shows you how to do it

Post new Message to Thread