FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Those content creators as they call themselves!

Jump to newest
 

By *aribo_Bangfastic OP   Man
6 hours ago

London

Do you think this will forever work as a career for the rest of time for them or do you think people will get tired of it, I know so many who barely get by trying to do it and it just makes me wonder if it's actually viable for the majority of people who do it at all?!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *he MinionMan
5 hours ago

Surrey

Not for the majority.

But certainly for a small minority, the very few successful ones.

Everything seems to have a lifespan in the now instant fix world we live in

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *urManInCreteMan
5 hours ago

Crete/NW Leicestershire

Much respect for those that find a way of dodging the 9-5.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
5 hours ago

SW1A1AA

I dont think its viable. You get some that are very successful but then you get some absolute shit that they put on. I dont think they make any money

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *hil most chillMan
5 hours ago

London, South East & Europe

I don't think it's viable for most. It's one of those things like OF, where everyone thinks it's an easy way of making money without "working", but only a small percentage of them can make it work.

I think they aren't going anywhere though. YouTube is the new TV, and that's only one of the providers.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *exit-FlexitCouple
5 hours ago

Bristol

Starting to see more and more on here.....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *oyoteUglyWoman
5 hours ago

no

If you're willing to do and show everything then it can be a quick way to make a bit of cash short term.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ad NannaWoman
5 hours ago

East London

It got boring very quickly.

Once one of them posts something that gets attention they all jump on the new trend.

I'm quite glad the dance ones have died off. The same music over and over grates on my nerves.

I don't mind actual informative ones. They can be useful or entertaining.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *hamallamadingdongMan
4 hours ago

London

It will eventually die out. Most people are not making loads of money from it. We'll see documentaries exposing the flaws in a few years. And we'll also have some of them claiming they were tricked and didn't want to do it. That's the usual career path.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *parklingeclipseWoman
2 hours ago

Lincolnshire

It will die out because AI will be influencing us.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *hungguyjakexMan
2 hours ago

LDN

I imagine itll die out but no judgement to those who do it if you can make money taking a few nude pics do it it beats a 9-5

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *urManInCreteMan
2 hours ago

Crete/NW Leicestershire


"Starting to see more and more on here....."

We've got to start somewhere.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *onathanjonesMan
2 hours ago

Chester


"Do you think this will forever work as a career for the rest of time for them or do you think people will get tired of it, I know so many who barely get by trying to do it and it just makes me wonder if it's actually viable for the majority of people who do it at all?!"

Hello!

I have a successful YouTube channel. It’s paid quite a lot over the years. I still get paid even now, even though I don’t release new material anymore. People still watch the videos.

So, yeah, it certainly works. Don’t get me wrong, it doesn’t pay enough to live off, but it’s a reasonable supplement.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ophieslutTV/TS
53 minutes ago

Central

It's like the pyramid selling schemes, where a minority can earn a lot but not the majority of average contributors being less likely to rake it in. People and services have a shelf life too and consumers can be fickle man

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 
 

By *oubleswing2019Man
13 minutes ago

Colchester

I suspect many will fall by the wayside for whatever reason. The successful ones are those who put in a lot of effort and make the right deals and get the right exposure in the right places. Treating it as a regular 9am-5pm job, basically. Every moment of every day, making, creating, editing and uploading content of merit and worth. That is not easy to do and is actually quite hard work.

.

A friend who is a plumber was considering doing, "How to" videos, but there are plenty of those on other platforms. Engagement has also changed too. Whereas I might used to have wanted to watch a video on how to change a tap for example, I don't bother anymore. I just ask AI for steps and photos. If I feel the instructions are unclear, I'll ask another AI the same question or ask the other AI to review the 1st AI's suggestions. Or if it's really still not clear, upload a PDF of a plumbing bible in to Notebook LM and query official material directly.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
Post new Message to Thread
back to top