Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

nightmares

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I pray to god that i don't have them tonite or any other night coz i can't take no more amen

is there anyone else who suffers from this.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Must be difficult to experience nightmares on an ongoing basis. Sometimes it helps to visit GP and sort it?

over a year ago

Yep seeing the doctor friday thank you x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If I eat the thin pre-packed cheese made for hamburgers I'm almost guaranteed to get them!

I don't mind nightmares, they make life seem interesting for a while.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"I pray to god that i don't have them tonite or any other night coz i can't take no more amen

is there anyone else who suffers from this. "

are you on any form of medication as it can sometimes be a side effect

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Only when trying to give up smoking an using patches but im strange i like it when you do that jumping up awake thing.

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"If I eat the thin pre-packed cheese made for hamburgers I'm almost guaranteed to get them!

I don't mind nightmares, they make life seem interesting for a while."

pmsl im same. Thought it was just me

By *livia_KWoman
over a year ago

South London

As a chronic insomniac I once tried valerian. I had god awful nightmares from them. I would wake up in the middle of the night sweating and thrashing about. It wasn't pleasant.

over a year ago

Yeah I've just started on med now as for laughing i woke this morning 1.30 in such a state i never when back to sleep. i suffed with these when i was a nipper and these dreams are back. I am praying tonite bofore i drop off xx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"Yeah I've just started on med now as for laughing i woke this morning 1.30 in such a state i never when back to sleep. i suffed with these when i was a nipper and these dreams are back. I am praying tonite bofore i drop off xx"
I don't think its funny either, I've had some terrible ones during the years, hope it gets sorted

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Yeah I've just started on med now as for laughing i woke this morning 1.30 in such a state i never when back to sleep. i suffed with these when i was a nipper and these dreams are back. I am praying tonite bofore i drop off xx"

Maybe it's the praying that is giving you the nightmares , horrid fictional character that God creature

over a year ago

Thanks you for the support and its not funny at all I'm scared to go to sleep i used to love my sleep and never ever dream but last three night have been hell. they are getting worse. x

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Used to have nightmares a lot. Always involved my children and I being chased by Aslam and King Kong and my youngest being eaten.

I used to wake in a cold sweat, not had a nightmare in years, but still recall the dread.

Hope you get sorted op.

over a year ago

If im ever unsettled in my life or there is something is up i get the same nightmare and its awful it really upsets me

By *exycleanerWoman
over a year ago

pontefract

feel for you ,must be awful.

i not sleep well at all these days

even when i'm shattered cos i've been up for work early i still not sleep properly

hope you get it sorted

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Ok this is going to sound daft and it's just me thinking out loud..maybe trying drinking some calming tea...watch something funny before going to bed..just relax and clear your mind...however of course if you are on mess that this is side effect then it might be difficult once again I am thinking out loud x

over a year ago

I sympathise, I have some very weird and vivid dreams from time to time and they totally freak me.

I find that once i've had one, it sets me off for a few days of very disturbed sleep. Cheese can also trigger them as can certain drinks.

over a year ago

Yep its the same nightmare when i was a kid. basrard it is nevermind two more sleeps till i see the doctor xx

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/06/13 22:42:47]

By *igSuki81Man
over a year ago

Retirement Village

I have a recurring nightmare of being buried alive & it makes me wake up in cold sweats and gasping for breath at times

I was told it meant i had too much going on and my mind was over burdened. A hot relaxing bath helps me switch off but not all the time.

Hopefully your doctor will be able to help

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

I wasn't laughing at you I was laughing at myself

over a year ago

No problem mate

over a year ago

You're not the only one, i have nightmares almost every night... luckily enough i can't fully remember/understand them when i wake up, they seem to dissappear pretty quickly? But i know how you feel, it's terrifying to wake up feeling like that, and to be too scared to sleep :/

over a year ago

"You're not the only one, i have nightmares almost every night... luckily enough i can't fully remember/understand them when i wake up, they seem to dissappear pretty quickly? But i know how you feel, it's terrifying to wake up feeling like that, and to be too

scared to sleep :/"

you no mate its fucking horrific to say the least i thought i was on my own

over a year ago

I hardly ever dream, or at least I rarely remember them.

over a year ago

You're not on your own! i'm glad iv'e admitted it now, iv'e kept it quiet for so long, sounds bad but iv'e always been ashamed or embarrassed about it

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

I suffer from an assortment of sleep disturbances including night terrors. It's at it's worst when I am stressed.

Something that can really help is yoga. I know guys are not always keen to try this kind of remedy but it made a phenomenal difference to the quality and depth of sleep I was able to get and reduced the chance of the night terrors.

Good luck OP, it's a horrible thing to suffer with.

over a year ago

[quote

]

You're not on your own! i'm glad iv'e admitted it now, iv'e kept it quiet for so long, sounds bad but iv'e always been ashamed or embarrassed about it [/quote

don't be mate so some good has come out of this post then I'm seeing my doc Friday to sort it out but its so sad i don't won't to sleep just in case dreams who invented them ]

over a year ago

Her we go again x

over a year ago

I very rarely have nightmares. From a laymans point of view, I think they reflect your own standing in life, if you're happy etc.

That could well be complete horseshit though, so don't take it as gospell

over a year ago

This actually sounds pretty cool to me

So i have to eat cheese to get nightmares?

over a year ago

No cool at all

over a year ago

I suffer from nightmares where it's like the walking dead and I'm fighting for mylife :-/

over a year ago

Just had one! That's why in up. A lil scared it'll continue so waiting for bit before closing my eyes.

over a year ago

Nightmares are normally things that are on your mind, even of you dont think about them. If hat makes sense to you? Fears, nerves, anxiety, diet and even things you have seen on television (even if its brief) can make you have them. Caffeine and/or alcohol will bring out whatever you are feeling in your sleep. So of you have nightmares stop having those things.

I have had some freaky, "big" ones in my time l. Best thing is to cut all crap out of your diet, if you have anything on your mind. Get it off your chest and then relax and not concentrate on anything, not even a book or tv. Unless its peaceful and gets you relaxed.

over a year ago

I've woken up about an hour ago I'm still trembling i don't really won't to go back to sleep but no i.have to x

over a year ago

I get 2 recurring nightmares. Had them both on the same night fairly recently. Hadn't had them in a while. Normally I get a day or two inbetween them. Was a bad night that night.

over a year ago

Totally feel for the OP ! Couple of times recently i have had a nightmare and whilst the actual dream has not been that horrific the utter feel of dread is horrid

Sam has had to wake me up on both occassions as i was trying to scream but came out as muffled humming

They are not nice at all so totally empathise good luck and hope you get it sorted

over a year ago

Thank you

over a year ago

Had a nightmare the other day, we went on a meet and it was us that turned up!

over a year ago

I get, not nightmares as such, but very realistic work related anxiety causing dreams,, where im often in total confusion and at the peak of confusion/despare, it wakes me up.

over a year ago

I had them for many years. Dream therapy can help as many dreams are your mind trying to deal with something you refuse to when awake.

I keep a dream journal which helped. I also have a dream catcher... Now whether it works or not because it catchers them or I believe it does.. it seems to work. Same with my children. So worth a try.

over a year ago

I won't to thank all for messaging this morning i can see you have love in your hearts ounce again thank you xxxx

over a year ago

Another night another nightmare shame its the same one x

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"Another night another nightmare shame its the same one x"
at least your going to the doctors today. Good luck xx

over a year ago

"Another night another nightmare shame its the same one xat least your going to the doctors today. Good luck xx"

Was just about to say the same thing, good luck today x

Post new Message to Thread