Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Best value property in England ?

Jump to newest

By *allDarkFoxForYou OP   Man
over a year ago

Winchester/London

In relation to it's cost where is the best value available for presently purchasing a house in England ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Are you lost?

By *kywatcherMan
over a year ago

Southwick

Very subjective. Usually the cheaper properties are in areas of high unemployment.

If that's not an issue then you'd be looking at places like older industrial towns in Yorkshire Lancashire Northumberland etc.

If you're looking at the south then Hastings or Eastbourne are good value.

over a year ago

Winchester/London

"Are you lost?

"

No dodgy sat navs here miss

Presently house searching and seeking prudent input from fab property buffs.

over a year ago

Winchester/London

"Very subjective. Usually the cheaper properties are in areas of high unemployment.

If that's not an issue then you'd be looking at places like older industrial towns in Yorkshire Lancashire Northumberland etc.

If you're looking at the south then Hastings or Eastbourne are good value."

Thank you kindly for your input.

Not adverse to Hastings or indeed Eastbourne.

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Are you lost?

No dodgy sat navs here miss

Presently house searching and seeking prudent input from fab property buffs."

Prudent? Ha!

Seriously good luck... I think your system sucks less than ours!

By *kywatcherMan
over a year ago

Southwick

"Very subjective. Usually the cheaper properties are in areas of high unemployment.

If you're looking at the south then Hastings or Eastbourne are good value.

Thank you kindly for your input.

Not adverse to Hastings or indeed Eastbourne.

"

Both those towns are good value....big properties are much better value if compared to Brighton etc. Would be worth exploring further imho. Good luck with your search.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

do you want a 1/2 decent ares to buy or you not bothered, North east has some good Bargains to be had but most in run down locations. how much you looking to spend I might be tempted to sell mine lol

over a year ago

"In relation to it's cost where is the best value available for presently purchasing a house in England ?"
you could always look at house auction Sites

over a year ago

"do you want a 1/2 decent ares to buy or you not bothered, North east has some good Bargains to be had but most in run down locations. how much you looking to spend I might be tempted to sell mine lol"

Along with the leah album lol

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Go on zoopla

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

My house in Walsall a detached at 35 k

By *kywatcherMan
over a year ago

Southwick

"My house in Walsall a detached at 35 k"

That is absolutely ridiculous. A detached house locally starts around £400k.

There's a garage for sale locally for £110k and property prices start at £150k for a studio.

over a year ago

"do you want a 1/2 decent ares to buy or you not bothered, North east has some good Bargains to be had but most in run down locations. how much you looking to spend I might be tempted to sell mine lol

Along with the leah album lol"

nope no way am i selling my Leah album, but i can make him a copy xx

over a year ago

"My house in Walsall a detached at 35 k

There's a garage for sale locally for £110k and property prices start at £150k for a studio."

so welcome to the real world Sir, would you like to put in an offer

over a year ago

There's a garage for sale locally for £110k and property prices start at £150k for a studio."

for £400K you buy the whole of Hartlepool lol

over a year ago

"do you want a 1/2 decent ares to buy or you not bothered, North east has some good Bargains to be had but most in run down locations. how much you looking to spend I might be tempted to sell mine lol

Along with the leah album lolnope no way am i selling my Leah album, but i can make him a copy xx"

Am sure he would be delighted x

over a year ago

really that's good value now thinking cant be that nice or something up ,

over a year ago

last time we had our 3 bedroom valued it was 140k if you like gardens you will love mine, close to rail link in to Newcastle,Airport and i will even through in my car lol

By *kywatcherMan
over a year ago

Southwick

There's a garage for sale locally for £110k and property prices start at £150k for a studio. so welcome to the real world Sir, would you like to put in an offer"

An offer for what? Lol

over a year ago

"My house in Walsall a detached at 35 kreally that's good value now thinking cant be that nice or something up , "
you will be surprised what you can get for £35k up north

over a year ago

There's a garage for sale locally for £110k and property prices start at £150k for a studio. so welcome to the real world Sir, would you like to put in an offer

An offer for what? Lol "

for his 35k house lol

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Gator is right, you need £100k for a 1 bed flat in Brighton. Most expensive was £3m about 5 years ago for a detached house overlooking the marina

By *amslam1000Man
over a year ago

willenhall

the council in stoke on trent have some homes for sale at a £1 you do have to take out a £30k loan from them to do em up though

By *kywatcherMan
over a year ago

Southwick

"Gator is right, you need £100k for a 1 bed flat in Brighton. Most expensive was £3m about 5 years ago for a detached house overlooking the marina"

That's way out Steve. Did my niece's flat up in Hove in 2006..she paid £145k for a run-down place in Hove. . 1 bedroom flat now worth around £200k.

As I said studios go for £150k.

over a year ago

Out in the deepest strangest bits of the fens are some cheap areas.

By *kywatcherMan
over a year ago

Southwick

"Out in the deepest strangest bits of the fens are some cheap areas."

Do you have to have webbed hands?

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

I was just going to say in my area you couldn't get a garage for under £100k. One bedroom flats on the main road ie south circular opposite the station start at £300k. Studios from £200k.

I live on the "poor" side of the road in a semi, the detached houses opposite are £1m plus. I'm in south east London...the poor part.

That's why are adult kids are still at home!

By *kywatcherMan
over a year ago

Southwick

There's a garage for sale locally for £110k and property prices start at £150k for a studio.

I was just going to say in my area you couldn't get a garage for under £100k. One bedroom flats on the main road ie south circular opposite the station start at £300k. Studios from £200k.

I live on the "poor" side of the road in a semi, the detached houses opposite are £1m plus. I'm in south east London...the poor part.

That's why are adult kids are still at home! "

It is totally mad when you think you could buy a whole terrace in some places for the price of a studio.

over a year ago

It is totally mad when you think you could buy a whole terrace in some places for the price of a studio."

ah well that is the price you have to pay to live down south, but your prob on a lot more money than us Flat capped whippet owners up North

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Oh, I haven't looked at house prices in years. I know why now!

over a year ago

"Oh, I haven't looked at house prices in years. I know why now! "
lol

over a year ago

"Out in the deepest strangest bits of the fens are some cheap areas.

Do you have to have webbed hands? "

No not me, my cousins across the road and my inlaws 2 doors down do

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

[Removed by poster at 26/06/13 21:58:31]

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"the council in stoke on trent have some homes for sale at a £1 you do have to take out a £30k loan from them to do em up though "

I think it's a brilliant scheme. A whole new neighbourhood, with committed neighbours invested in supporting each other will emerge.

The land isn't available in London for such a scheme but if the Stoke project works I can see other areas using the idea.

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

It is totally mad when you think you could buy a whole terrace in some places for the price of a studio.ah well that is the price you have to pay to live down south, but your prob on a lot more money than us Flat capped whippet owners up North

If everyone moved north and property started to be in short supply there the prices would increase. If only everyone just remained where they are from, eh? "

Couldn't agree more. Somthing only worth what some 1 will pay. Im in a nice area in manch 4 bed semi garage an space for 4 cars on drive now iv finished the modernisation its werth just shy of 200 whats would it be werth in londen....fecking madness if you ask me

By *ibbyhunterCouple
over a year ago

keighley

walsall ! why am i not surprised.

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

There was a survey in one of the daily newspapers last month which said that Newcastle and the North East is one of the best places to find good quality and cheaper housing.

For rental, some of the Northern towns are good value, with Hull being 2nd best in the UK for renting properties.

Seemingly, the further south you go, the less likely it will be fr good value properties for sale or rental/

By *ibbyhunterCouple
over a year ago

keighley

in a recent survey it said for the standard of life middlesbrough and hull were second and third worst in the country behind tower hamlets,

By *ertngladCouple
over a year ago

thornton -cleveleys

Try living in a touring caravan, and before people think i'm stupid,try reading up on it, i think you will be very suprised , i can manage paying £140 a week with my electric thrown in and no council tax to pay.

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"Try living in a touring caravan, and before people think i'm stupid,try reading up on it, i think you will be very suprised , i can manage paying £140 a week with my electric thrown in and no council tax to pay."

you've no kids then

By *ertngladCouple
over a year ago

thornton -cleveleys

Yeah 4 of them

over a year ago

"the council in stoke on trent have some homes for sale at a £1 you do have to take out a £30k loan from them to do em up though

I think it's a brilliant scheme. A whole new neighbourhood, with committed neighbours invested in supporting each other will emerge.

The land isn't available in London for such a scheme but if the Stoke project works I can see other areas using the idea."

Done that in Newcastle's west end about 10 years ago 50p a house but as you say they had to prove they had 30k to spend on doing them up, now if you don't know Newcastle West End well i think at 50p a shot its self explanatory, so kept my 50p

over a year ago

"Try living in a touring caravan, and before people think i'm stupid,try reading up on it, i think you will be very suprised , i can manage paying £140 a week with my electric thrown in and no council tax to pay."
so how much is it for a new drive or Fascia's, soffits and guttering

over a year ago

there was a program on telly about 7/8 years ago where a cpl living in Newcastle split and she wanted to move back too London so they had their house valued 4 bed detached double garage the lot Value £195k, so her split was £85k so off she went to the est agent in London with her £85k and he just laffed and said you have no chance you could add another 100k and still struggle

over a year ago

It is totally mad when you think you could buy a whole terrace in some places for the price of a studio.ah well that is the price you have to pay to live down south, but your prob on a lot more money than us Flat capped whippet owners up North

If everyone moved north and property started to be in short supply there the prices would increase. If only everyone just remained where they are from, eh?

Couldn't agree more. Somthing only worth what some 1 will pay. Im in a nice area in manch 4 bed semi garage an space for 4 cars on drive now iv finished the modernisation its werth just shy of 200 whats would it be werth in londen....fecking madness if you ask me"

going off homes under the hammer about 3/400k and rent about £1200

over a year ago

oh and living and getting to work in London no thank you i can see the red mist now

over a year ago

Depends where in London and how close the those areas...

By *kywatcherMan
over a year ago

Southwick

"Depends where in London and how close the those areas..."

Makes no sense!! Please translate. ...

over a year ago

"Depends where in London and how close the those areas...

Makes no sense!! Please translate. ..."

well I left home at 0655 to travel approx 14 mile to work north of Newcastle and arrived at work 0710, now how long would that take to get to work in London

over a year ago

"Depends where in London and how close the those areas...

Makes no sense!! Please translate. ... well I left home at 0655 to travel approx 14 mile to work north of Newcastle and arrived at work 0710, now how long would that take to get to work in London "

and I don't mean from Newcastle before someone say 5 hrs

Post new Message to Thread