Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Sexual Objectification

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

There have been many topics posted over the last few months about size, shape, appearance, 'looks v personality' etc - which has led me to consider if swinging leads - either consciously, subconsciously or even unconsciously - to an increased level of sexual objectification of others.

Does the desire for instant, physical connections lead to treating a person merely as an instrument of sexual pleasure, making them a "sex object", lessening the regard to their personality or dignity?

(BTW, I fully acknowledge that there is a play element to objectification itself which is not what this is aimed at - because thats consensual)

I believe that on some level it does - (not to the point of a loss of dignity for anyone - or I sincerely hope not) but that there must be an increased level of sexual objectification (for many, but not all) on a fundamental level for swinging to work.

So, fellow forumites, what's your view?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I agree. To different levels... But yes.

Sorry for short reply.

By *ourbonKissMan
over a year ago

a land up north..... of leicester

Interesting post this indeed, I'd be intrigued to find out what what black guys think about being called a bbc. I know some that vehemently dislike the term because as you say, they become more of an object than just a person

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I don't think so... well not for me but I'm the shittest swinger alive! I don't consider people as objects in that way probably because I don't meet many people. I see people because the mental connection takes priority over the physical one. Whilst there has to be some sort of attraction physically, I like to explore the mental connection first. If that isn't there then there's no chance it's going to get physical.

Good question!

By *hyllyphyllyMan
over a year ago

Bradford

I've never thought of this, but my initial thoughts are.....

it's like being a kid in a toy shop and you pick what you want from the shelf. Then when you've had enough, you put it back in to the box until you feel like playing with it again.

over a year ago

"Interesting post this indeed, I'd be intrigued to find out what what black guys think about being called a bbc. I know some that vehemently dislike the term because as you say, they become more of an object than just a person"

As a black man I feel that the request for bbc is not very pic but as so many people say on here no black or Asian it's kind of accepted, but would it be accepted in the real world?

I personally like being objectified its a feeling of a woman lusting after my body and not caring about my personality I like

And before you ask it's not because I have no personality lol

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

[Removed by poster at 26/06/13 13:48:57]

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

Yeah I get this shit all the time yo.

I'M NOT A PIECE OF MEAT LADIES!!! FFS

over a year ago

"Yeah I get this shit all the time yo.

I'M NOT A PIECE OF MEAT LADIES!!! FFS "

Ffs - that's the last time I throw myself at you naked in edible glitter!! . . .

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

Ffs - that's the last time I throw myself at you naked in edible glitter!! . . . "

OK so use normal glitter then

over a year ago

Ffs - that's the last time I throw myself at you naked in edible glitter!! . . .

OK so use normal glitter then "

Fine, I shall go and strip - AGAIN!!

Post new Message to Thread