FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Do friends and/or family know you are involved in this lifestyle?

Jump to newest

By *tomCom OP   Man
over a year ago

Wellingborough

My partner and myself like to keep our swinging lifestyle secret from our vanilla friends and family.

So is this the same for you? and if it is how do you make sure you keep the secret from them?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Only my underage family don't know. Rest do. They don't know details. Just that I am not conventional.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"My partner and myself like to keep our swinging lifestyle secret from our vanilla friends and family.

So is this the same for you? and if it is how do you make sure you keep the secret from them?"

I had the tattoo removed.

over a year ago

We don't tell them, simples!

In all seriousness we meet couples from outside the county and don't accommodate preferring to meet at clubs/hotels etc so it's not been a problem for us so far.

over a year ago

My only friends are NSA, so I guess .... Yes

over a year ago

I never wear the gimp suit for family gatherings

over a year ago

my mum & her partner know.. so do a few of my friends

By *ngel of HarlemWoman
over a year ago

manchester

I work with my partner in crime, she comes with me to clubs, I've corrupted her lol

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

My private life is simply that: private!

I don't say when I'm going for a bikini wax or having medication harpooned into my stomach either.

I don't find it necessary to share the minutiae of my life with my nearest and dearest.

over a year ago

Yes some of mine do and don't understand why but its my choice and my life.

over a year ago

None of our friends know and never will, they know we are adventurous and even joke that we swing now and again, we just laugh and say yeah you should try it sometime,

over a year ago

I told my sister a few weeks after joining fab. She wasn't as shocked as I thought she'd be. She was quite cool about it although doesn't want any details.

over a year ago

no one knows ...cos my fb's huband would kill me ..lol...on another note any one ever met some one they knew previously ...may be a neighbour ?

over a year ago

Only a couple of my friends know x

over a year ago

"My partner and myself like to keep our swinging lifestyle secret from our vanilla friends and family.

So is this the same for you? and if it is how do you make sure you keep the secret from them?"

So u discuss ur sexual habits with family normaly?? Y should they have to no anything??.....I certainly wouldn't wish to discuss positions with any of mine xx

over a year ago

Noone knows about my personal life style choices

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I sort of had to tell my brother after finding his profile here.

I don't hide it from anyone bar my parents. I have nothing to hide but there are some things they just don't need to know.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

My friends and sister/brother in law know. They don't have details but they act as part of my safety arrangements.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Yes.

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Four of my friends know. Partially for safety reasons but also because it's a big part of my life and so are they, lying about where I'm going or who with would be odd to me.

But though I discuss my sex life with my friends (possibly just a girl thing) I don't discuss it with family.

over a year ago

one of the wife's friends knows and even wanted a threesome with us but we did refuse, just had to explain as much as we like her, she is a friend full stop. she took it bad lol well you can't please everyone

over a year ago

No one knows, a friend of mine is one here and he guessed it was me but I denied all knowledge and blocked him. I want to keep it quiet, don't want to be judged

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

My close friends and family, and some select work colleagues, know I meet off the net on a casual basis. They don't need to know more.

over a year ago

as a cpl there is know need for anyone to know what we get up to, but i can understand a lady wanting maybe her closest friend to know just as some said as a safety measure, you can't be to careful

over a year ago

Friends and work mates all well aware,, if anyone has a problem then that's their problem lol

over a year ago

Don't think they know.they may have seen us if they are on here and someone may recognise us.

I wouldn't be bothered but nik wouldn't like it known

over a year ago

we may have it written on our Headstone's so ppl can point and say I knew it

over a year ago

A couple of my male friends have joined after I've recommended

By *ornieandhotCouple
over a year ago

Peterborough

My best friend knows but no one else

D x

over a year ago

"We don't tell them, simples!

In all seriousness we meet couples from outside the county and don't accommodate preferring to meet at clubs/hotels etc so it's not been a problem for us so far."

over a year ago

Nobody knows, I've often said I wish I had the guts to tell one of my close friends but the more I think about it the more I think its just easier to keep it to myself!

By *harliesteveCouple
over a year ago

selly oak

People close to me know. If they ask questions I answer them. Would hate them to find out another way. So I got in first

By *enithWoman
over a year ago

closer than you think

Not hidden it from my parents or friends but don't go into detail

over a year ago

My private life is very private...

however after finding my almost next door neighbours on here I now have a great person to chat to about all this..

dont think we could ever play together however as part of my other life first..

over a year ago

Some do, some don't.

over a year ago

Friend yes....

No-one else....

over a year ago

a couple of very close friends know but they are the open minded types and we don't talk about it in detail. they are pretty indifferent about it as long as we're happy. only one vanilla friend I would talk about it more openly with. there are a few good friends and family i would not tell but mostly for their comfort level. I just know that some would not be comfortable and would consider it TMI.

over a year ago

No I am a private person some things don't need to be shared.

over a year ago

Some of my friends know and some don't

over a year ago

My best friend knows and she's my text buddy if and when I meet anyone.

Nobody else knows in RL.

My Daughter however knows I'm on a dating site

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

My dad found out by accident when I was living at home and they bloody never knocked so caught fab on the PC... He knows I am old enough to make my own choices. My mum thought swinging was a dance... Vanilla friends don't know but I have more friends in the scene then I have vanilla friends..

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

Some vanilla friends know.....but I have. A lot of friends from scene so it's fine

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I don't go out of my way to keep it a secret at all, but my lifestyle has fuck all to do with anybody else.

over a year ago

Well I haven't phoned them or gone round to specifically tell them so no I guess but I have a few friends in the scene so they are bound to know. Its no different from telling people how much is in my current account really! Its none of their business.

By *aster of a mindCouple
over a year ago

York

Nobody knows from our side! We have twice tried to tell friends but something has always interrupted the conversation so we have taken that as a sign that we should not tell.

The only vanilla person that knows is the nurse at Newport GUM clinic when we have our health checks....lol

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"I don't go out of my way to keep it a secret at all, but my lifestyle has fuck all to do with anybody else."

same here couldn't care less about friends an family iv not got much but 1 of my sisters knows. We got pist together 1 night an talking sust each other out. Its now a private joke about running into each other at a club. Think id die on the spot lmfao

By *livia_KWoman
over a year ago

South London

None of my friends or family know.

A couple of my closest friends are actually open minded enough that I know they wouldn't judge at all and I have considered maybe telling them snippets.

But the problem is that while they are very open minded they are also as nosey as hell and would want to know all the details! Details I am not prepared to give. So no, I won't be telling them.

over a year ago

Nobody I know defo not family wouldn't even know this site existed.

I have a seemingly legit reason to be single in their eyes, I'd just come out of a 12 month relationship just before I joined here.

So friends/family just expect me to be enjoying being single, which I am enjoying...she was a bitch.

She really was.

But I'm with Femmefatal on that, what I do has got fuck all to do with anyone else, I keep myself to myself on here and off.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Love the idea of it being referred to as having "style"

I dont go round advertising what I do but I am not worried about people knowing either.

By *ohohoWoman
over a year ago

Up North

"My close friends and family, and some select work colleagues, know I meet off the net on a casual basis. They don't need to know more. "

Same here, it's hard to explain my overnight absences when you have family close by who like to pop in unannounced. They know it's more than one man I see. Now I no longer receive text messages asking where I was last night.

By *oudnproudWoman
over a year ago

penrith

At first it was a secret but hard to explain to a good mate who also lived next door why various men visited lol... ive an open relationship with my mum and she knows im on here, ive even sat with her while in chat!!! But i dont tell her details!

While now im quite open about it and if people ask what "chat room" what have i been doing? Why im smiling!! Then i tell them.... oh i meet this guy then there comes the question from where? My reply just a chat room... which leads to more questions and me normally showing them... to find out they soon have a profile cos they were too nosey one rule though... we dont meet if one of the friends have been there!!!!

By *livia_KWoman
over a year ago

South London

"My close friends and family, and some select work colleagues, know I meet off the net on a casual basis. They don't need to know more.

Same here, it's hard to explain my overnight absences when you have family close by who like to pop in unannounced. They know it's more than one man I see. Now I no longer receive text messages asking where I was last night. "

I have a hard enough time explaining the overnight absences to my housemates! I even had to make up fuck buddy once. Well it wasn't exactly a lie. It just wasn't one person....

By *tomCom OP   Man
over a year ago

Wellingborough

A mixed bag of comments, but it seems most people get it private.

Though I am sure it is couples that keep it quiet more than singles..

Post new Message to Thread