Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

dont call me crazy on bbc3

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Watching this programme is a real insight into an inpatient unit for teenagers with mental health problems. It is something close to my heart as i myself suffer from depression. Im hoping this programme will show that people with mental health problems are no different to people without them

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hris148Man
over a year ago

I forgot this was going to be on so only just switched over.

I have high hopes for this to raise awareness of mental health

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've just put this on thanks for the information, it's a topic close to my heart too

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Mental health issues are often a taboo subject and people could be more undertanding. No one is immune.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I read an article on it about being sectioned. I've been sectioned seven times so have a pretty good knowledge of psychiatric units, been in nine times in total

By *hris148Man
over a year ago

"Mental health issues are often a taboo subject and people could be more undertanding. No one is immune. "

1 in 4 people are affected at some point in their life.....

By *hris148Man
over a year ago

"I read an article on it about being sectioned. I've been sectioned seven times so have a pretty good knowledge of psychiatric units, been in nine times in total"

Flipping heck!! 9 times?!?!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"I read an article on it about being sectioned. I've been sectioned seven times so have a pretty good knowledge of psychiatric units, been in nine times in total

Flipping heck!! 9 times?!?! "

yes, but I've progressed so well haven't been in for 7 years now

over a year ago

Mondays @ 9pm

By *hris148Man
over a year ago

"I read an article on it about being sectioned. I've been sectioned seven times so have a pretty good knowledge of psychiatric units, been in nine times in total

Flipping heck!! 9 times?!?! yes, but I've progressed so well haven't been in for 7 years now"

You must be very strong to go through such a thing 9 times.

over a year ago

Flipping heck!! 9 times?!?! yes, but I've progressed so well haven't been in for 7 years now"

You are an inspiration and proof that you can come out the other side

By *hris148Man
over a year ago

Flipping heck!! 9 times?!?! yes, but I've progressed so well haven't been in for 7 years now

You are an inspiration and proof that you can come out the other side "

That's what I was trying to say

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I didn't know this was on but will catch it later in the week as I guess BBC3 will inevitably rerun it.

Anything that raises awareness of mental health issues and works to eliminate the taboo surrounding them.

over a year ago

"I didn't know this was on but will catch it later in the week as I guess BBC3 will inevitably rerun it.

Anything that raises awareness of mental health issues and works to eliminate the taboo surrounding them."

Its repeated at 12:30 tonight

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Flipping heck!! 9 times?!?! yes, but I've progressed so well haven't been in for 7 years now

You are an inspiration and proof that you can come out the other side "

thank you, its still tough but up to date medication, following a care plan and having great support goes along way. Units have changed dramatically since I was last in. It was hell on earth but you even get your own rooms now

Post new Message to Thread