Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Disabilities positive or negative?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

this is a purely to see if people see it as a positive or a negative not to isolate people because of disabilities.

I personally see them as a positive myself as it gives me more opportunity to explore positions, kinks and use my imagination.

What are your views?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Disabilities is a very big word, there are many many types of disabilities, probably lots of people on here with one kind of disability or other

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I see the person, not the disability.

over a year ago

"I see the person, not the disability.

"

Wot he says xxx

By *hyllyphyllyMan
over a year ago

Bradford

I see the person as well. But a lot of people will try and give them "positive discrimination"

I'm quite happy to say that Andrea won The Voice because she's blind and not because she was the better singer.

over a year ago

I have two forms of chronic illness that affect my life but I run 5 miles a day and training for a marathon..

I have whats called an invisible illness where I may look fine but pain is an every day thing

I dont see it as a disability I see it as a challenge and im kicking its arse

over a year ago

"I see the person as well. But a lot of people will try and give them "positive discrimination"

I'm quite happy to say that Andrea won The Voice because she's blind and not because she was the better singer."

Andrea winning lost me £520. I put £20 on Leah to win back in April and got 25/1

over a year ago

Ffs... ruined my tv tonight lkl

over a year ago

"Ffs... ruined my tv tonight lkl"

saddo... lol

over a year ago

"Ffs... ruined my tv tonight lkl

saddo... lol"

Says that bb fan...

That should be classed as a dissability..

Sorry for going off topic

over a year ago

its ok never been much of a reality tv fan meself....

over a year ago

"its ok never been much of a reality tv fan meself...."

Guessing by your name your in a wheel chair..

But you dont let it stop you so good for you..

Its not a dissability its a life obstical

over a year ago

yeah i dont let it stop me but just wondered what peoples views were really as i find it interesting

over a year ago

There will be all sorts out there. .

Some shallow ppl will let it put them off..

Some may just try cause they are curious I guess..

BUt the good eggs wont care

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I suppose it would have to depend on the disability.

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"There will be all sorts out there. .

Some shallow ppl will let it put them off..

Some may just try cause they are curious I guess..

BUt the good eggs wont care"

I can imagine having an invisible disability is sometimes harder than a physical one, people can see if your in a wheelchair or missing an arm etc but things like fibromyalgia or M.E are more difficult for people to understand x

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

As Diamonds said, the word disabled cover a lot of things.

Some people may see past the whole disability, but others may not.

I guess it is all down to personal preference.

I am physically disabled and have bad bouts. I'm currently having a bad bout and using crutches to get about, so I am not meeting. I don't feel sexy having to use crutches to walk and they make me very self concious, also I am very limited in what I can do and what positions.

Others who use walking aides may not be as shallow/self concious as me, and may look sexy (I'm not knocking anyone btw) But me personally, I don't feel sexy or attractive at all. But that's just me and my opinion.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Why would people be shallow. It would be impractical for me to have a meet with someone in a wheelchair as I only meet at home and my home isn't designed for a wheelchair user

over a year ago

"Why would people be shallow. It would be impractical for me to have a meet with someone in a wheelchair as I only meet at home and my home isn't designed for a wheelchair user"

cause ppl just are

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

the trouble is if you draw attention to it (i know it hard if you are in a wheelchair etc) you run the risk of beoming a fettish rather than a meet.

in a perfect world people wouldnt see disabilities however visible disabilities are something that play a part in the attraction stakes for some. is that shallow, maybe but what do you expect them to do? the disability is part of the person, not something that can be checked at the door.

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"Why would people be shallow. It would be impractical for me to have a meet with someone in a wheelchair as I only meet at home and my home isn't designed for a wheelchair user"

This is a good point diamond I live in a first floor flat with 2 flights of stairs to get up and no lift! X

over a year ago

"Why would people be shallow. It would be impractical for me to have a meet with someone in a wheelchair as I only meet at home and my home isn't designed for a wheelchair user

This is a good point diamond I live in a first floor flat with 2 flights of stairs to get up and no lift! X"

if you liked the person..

you would find a way

over a year ago

I have MS. People see me park In a disabled parking bay and give me such evil looks. I find people can be so judgemental when it comes to disabilities, recently I was pulled over by police for a rear light being out, at times dysphasia kicks in causing me to basically talk like I have been drinking, so PC plod pulls out his breathalyser, zero reading. I explain to him my issues, he then wants to know if DVLA are aware and my insurance company. I say yes feel free to check. Obviously a jobs worth copper. The look on his face was priceless when it all checked out.

By *hyllyphyllyMan
over a year ago

Bradford

"Why would people be shallow. It would be impractical for me to have a meet with someone in a wheelchair as I only meet at home and my home isn't designed for a wheelchair user

This is a good point diamond I live in a first floor flat with 2 flights of stairs to get up and no lift! X

if you liked the person..

you would find a way "

If worse comes to worse, go 1/2s on a hotel

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"I have MS. People see me park In a disabled parking bay and give me such evil looks. I find people can be so judgemental when it comes to disabilities, recently I was pulled over by police for a rear light being out, at times dysphasia kicks in causing me to basically talk like I have been drinking, so PC plod pulls out his breathalyser, zero reading. I explain to him my issues, he then wants to know if DVLA are aware and my insurance company. I say yes feel free to check. Obviously a jobs worth copper. The look on his face was priceless when it all checked out. "

so next time i am pissed and driving i should tell the officer i have what you have and they should just let me on my way becasue how dare they check out a story to see if its true or not?

I get that it must be frustrating to have to explain this at times but unfortunately its just another element of being disabled that people have to live with.

People get funny when they see what they consider to be an able person using a disabled space because they think they are sticking up for disabled people. joe public wrongly believe that only wheelchair users are entitled to blue badges or to use disabled spaces etc.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

I'm registered disabled, mine is an illness you can't see but sometimes its difficult because you have to explain it to people as they can't see it

By *hyllyphyllyMan
over a year ago

Bradford

Anyway, there's a charity called TLC Trust that helps the disabled get in touch with sex workers. Including helping disabled couples who cannot manage to get into the right positions and achieve intercourse are helped by sex workers who act as “enablers”. This only happens in a handful of residential homes, due to objections from other residents, relatives, prudish staff and even members of the governing board who should have their residents' wellbeing as their prime concern.

Post new Message to Thread