Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Burgled

Jump to newest

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Woke up this morning to find out I have been burgled, bit of a shock! Bit angry... Looks like my laptop has gone, and my work shirts/trousers which is annoying... Thank god I always take my phone and laptop upstairs with me

Feel violated.. Police have just been round and said I have been the 4th house hit in the area over the weekend

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Woke up this morning to find out I have been burgled, bit of a shock! Bit angry... Looks like my laptop has gone, and my work shirts/trousers which is annoying... Thank god I always take my phone and laptop upstairs with me

Feel violated.. Police have just been round and said I have been the 4th house hit in the area over the weekend"

Ohhh fuk..... I'm so sorry to hear that Fabio,,,,,,,It must feel utterly shyte right now,,,,

By *kywatcherMan
over a year ago

Southwick

Blimey sorry to hear that...must be distressing.

How was your property entered?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/06/13 09:27:22]

over a year ago

Sorry to hear that. Hope you're ok. Nothing worse than someone breaking into your home!

By *ap AdgeMan
over a year ago

Wirral

Scum

over a year ago

Sorry to hear that. We had a funny incident on Sat too. We were in the bedroom playing with a meet we had left the lounge light on had a knock at the door at 2am, two lads asking if I had a spare cigarette. They were told where to go bearing in mind we don't smoke. They were obviously checking to see if anybody was in. Fuckers ought to be put up against a wall and shot.

over a year ago

Fucking scumbags lets hope the fall under a train

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

So did they take your laptop?

over a year ago

so sorry _abio, sending hugs and kisses xx

over a year ago

Thoughts with you, it's a horrible feeling xx

over a year ago

Sorry to hear that but Try to look for a positive. They've took all your work clothes so in my eyes that would mean I have to have a day off work to go and replace them.

over a year ago

That just stinks!!

It's a horrible violated feeling when you've been burgled...

Sorry to hear this _abio and hope they catch whoever it was

over a year ago

Hugs xxxxxxx

over a year ago

sorry to hear that bud awful feeling happened to me 5 years ago was asleep in house didnt hear a thing did end up laughing apart from nice watch and wallet they took ONE training shoe ??? WTF ?? ONE ? your ok thats the main thing stuff is replacable

over a year ago

That just sucks - but to echo several other posts, it could have been much worse and the main thing is that you are unharmed.

It doesn't stop the feelings of being violated, nor possibly wanting to nail the thieving asshats upside down by their genitals.

BTW - and I'm sure you've already thought of it - but if you had any cached passwords on the stolen laptop, it may be opportune to change them ASAP.

over a year ago

"Fucking scumbags lets hope the fall under a train "

One of the more interesting things about Northern Ireland is the occasional bout of summary justice handed out by paramilitaries to offenders. Whilst they're all scumbags together it was quietly satisfying to me that the person reputed to have burgled my house was kneecapped six months later for burgling the 'wrong' person's house, and then shot dead a year later for offending someone else. If only, eh?

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

Its an awful thing to happen, I ve had it happen to myself twice this year,

I ll gladly take a blow torch to their testicles

over a year ago

"So did they take your laptop? "

I wondered that ?

Do know how you feel though as I had it happen just after I moved down here. Felt totally violated and it was not about what they took but that they had been in my room. I was a gibbering heap for days after. Xx

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

They took your work clothes? That's just plain odd!!

I hope you're okay.

over a year ago

Sorry to hear that Fabio...how awful

over a year ago

"They took your work clothes? That's just plain odd!!

I hope you're okay. "

I found that very strange ? your clothes how would thay know thy fit them ... was it to stop you going to work ? I would be looking close to home for person who did this ... its not nice having strangers in your home .. I know x years ago I had this .. when I was having a baby in hospital was a young man from village .

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Sorry to hear that but glad to know you weren't hurt - can replace the stuff the took but no replacement for you xxx

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

How horrible! I imagine it feels even worse when you are actually in the place when it happens. Scary shit!

Chin up!

over a year ago

I remember that feeling knowing some stranger had been in my house .. looking at my things ... that for me was the hard part .. Big Hugs and I hope thay get who ever it was and sort them out .

over a year ago

Aslong as your ok m8 laptop can be replaced a life can't

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

My house was burgled a year after moving into it. It was the first weekend no one was home. The girls were with their dad and I was in the Cotswolds.

It took a year for us to feel truly comfortable in our home and my daughter still sleeps with a night light.

This happened when she was 12...she's 21 now.

Hope it's not shaken you too much Fab x

over a year ago

hope your ok its an awful thing to happen to anyone especially when your at home at the time

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Just putting on an update... They have found me work clothes so it looks as if they were used to hide the laptop... Police have been round and taken statements and fingerprints....

Just more shocked than anything.... But glad it is just a 6yr old Lapps they took when it could have been more serious

over a year ago

Fabio am really sorry it's a horrible feeling of intrusion desperation ..... glad the police were quick to come and take finger prints etc ............. big hugs xx

By *quirrelMan
over a year ago

Tameside

You are lucky, in Manchester you phone the police and they send someone around the following day, they are only called by people here to get a crime number so you can claim on your insurance.

This attitude of believing the police are not upto their job or worth their pay has gotten back them, so, when they eventually turn up they examine your house and if they find something which is a bit dodgy or likely to give the impression to a burgular that its an easy job they tell your insurance company that your home was insecure at the time of the break in, This has resulted in insurance companies reducing the amount you get from them.

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

So sorry to hear that. It's a horrible feeling even if they don't get away with anything and even though you weren't hurt, if you're anything like me you probably feel worse because you weren't able to defend yourself or your property.

When we moved into a new house in Chesterfield, the first thing we did was put a security system in but you could set the downstairs alarms seperately before you went to bed.

Hopefully you're ok.

- Amy. x

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

So sorry to read about this Fabio, glad you weren't hurt. But can understand how you are feeling right now.

A horrible thing to happen to anyone.

over a year ago

Sorry to hear that Fabio. I will resist the urge to make double entendres such as 'did they enter through the rear?' (well, try to anyway.. lol!)

Just love the way the Police try to cheer you up telling you you're part of a new, trendy social elite in being only one of five properties selected for attention by the little scum bags who did it. Like its a matter of status....

ted.

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

locks changed... and i couldn't live without a laptop... so scooted off down to pc world and got a new one (old one was on its knees... only issue is the music i had was on the old lappy... so buggery... )

anyone know if i can download the music from my iphone into itunes???... otherwise i have to remember not to sync it!!!

over a year ago

Sorry to hear that chap!

My best advice is get an Alsation..I have two of them and both can hear a pin drop from a mile away!

By *ackandkateCouple
over a year ago

Truro

Leave the door open tonight and hope they come back for another go.

Mind you, once they notice the size of your keks they'd be proper nutters to try it again.

Tough luck though Fabs,

over a year ago

Glad you are ok Fabio, xxx

over a year ago

So sorry to hear this

over a year ago

You can get apps that scan your iPod for music. But I think on a PC there is a way to get into it. The files are hidden in normal mode. There are YouTube vids showing how to do this

over a year ago

Feel for you Fabio.

Glad you're ok though.

Scum of the earth.

over a year ago

That is awful _abio, I am sorry to hear that. It is the violation of personal space that is the worst part.

over a year ago

What a bummer!

I hope the culprits are caught and you can sleep in peace again soon!

By *ashful BazMan
over a year ago

poole dorset

Really sorry to hear this Fabio

over a year ago

My ex wifes got broke into..kids n her asleep upstairs..luckily they just too a hired vehicle she had at the time.

As ive been window tinting for over 10 years, ive applied clear bomb blast film to the windows and doors downstairs

The scum arent getting through the glass anyway next time!!

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

So sorry to hear this.....

By *iddyandherCouple
over a year ago

Benidorm

Omg so sorry to hear this news the scumbags need their thieving hand cut off

Hugs darling xxxx

over a year ago

Sorry to hear this _abio hunny ,scumbags

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

I really feel for you being burgled as we where also burgled 2 years ago while we where asleep.....they broke in the back and found our car keys and stole both cars off our drive...bastards

We woke up just as they where driving away......police where round straight away but they never found them

Its such a terrible feeling knowing someone has been in your home while you are actually there and we never heard a thing

xxxx

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Bad news Fabio. What these bastards do is wait a few weeks till you've replaced the stuff by insurance then come back so make sure you install stronger locks and alarms.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"sorry to hear that bud awful feeling happened to me 5 years ago was asleep in house didnt hear a thing did end up laughing apart from nice watch and wallet they took ONE training shoe ??? WTF ?? ONE ? your ok thats the main thing stuff is replacable "

Taking one trainer is a psychological hint that, if they want the other one, they can come back anytime.

over a year ago

Bad stuff, Fabio. I had my bike nicked from outside work a week ago and I can't stop thinking about it. If someone had been in my home, I'd probably be a wreck (or getting myself into trouble)! Hope it's sorted out soon and you can get back to normal.

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

Sorry to hear this Fabio

By *plankyMan
over a year ago

Beeston

sorry about your bad news. I was working late 4 years ago, it must have been 1 am and I heard a noise in the house. Well, I live alone so I wasn't sure what I was hearing. It came again and I went out my office door and saw someone just leaving the front door.

Went out to the street and gave chase but he was away and disapeared.

Lost laptop and keys to house and car.

Got a locksmith over by 5 am. Had to get car keys changed, Spent a couple of hours with police that long morning.

Turns out that the burglar was after my car for the size of the boot. A few doors up both neighbours' garages had been opened and their most valuable tools were stacked up on the drive for collection.

And there were some other break ins in different parts of the village that night.

Seems like a gang had been bussed in to do the area.

over a year ago

Sorry to learn of this Fabio.

Hope it doesn't effect you long tern.

over a year ago

Aw, really bad news, Fabio. But keep ya chin up, don't let it get you down!

I've been burgled 4 times, and I have to say, the only time that in happened when I was in the house, the police were there within 3.5 minutes. Squad cars, alsations, the lot. The buggers still got away, though

The strangest thing was one of the times when I wasn't in the house... the buggers tipped up my bedroom drawers onto the bed (presumably looking for jewellery) and stole my vibrator! Now wtf is that all about???? Whose girlfriend/wife would want a USED vibrator???? Or are they still sniffing it now, the pervs LOL

over a year ago

Think you need to get your story right for insurance claim did they take your laptop or not lol was it upstairs or downstairs?

Post new Message to Thread