Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Google Chrome/IGoogle users

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just wondered for those who use the above, whether you have been having issues with it lately? Last couple of months I have noticed that a page freezes and it comes up with a window that says 'Pages unresponsive' and the option to 'wait' or 'kill' and it happened to a profile I was looking at on here. Getting annoying to be honest as I also belong to a few survey websites and cannot do any from one particular site at all yet it was fine at work.

I also have Internet Explorer and the particular survey website won't work there either as I have tried yet my work place has the same.

The reason for using Chrome was that some links won't work on Internet Explorer, for example, with Fab, I couldn't access the tab that used to be there for LoveHoney. On some websites, I have gone to pay for some goods only to find it didn't work (the Halifax payment thing doesn't work either).

And yes I have cleared the history etc but still doesn't work and affecting Fab doesn't please me at all as I don't want to have to use my Phone all the time.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Uninstall then re install if that fails use firefox

over a year ago

Google it an find out

over a year ago

Have had this with Windows 7 so I have to reboot from an earlier time say 2days and I find its the critical updates that fuck it so I turned them off and have not had a problem

over a year ago

Yes we use chrome and have noticed the same problem but have noticed it tends to be at certain times of the day.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Switch to Firefox. Good hassle free browser in my opinion

over a year ago

I don't use Google Chrome...

..unless you want google to know everything about you/browsing footprint.

I use Firefox. ..it's Awesome.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Windows xp, Google chrome here on ma pc and have not experienced any problems

Ma phone loses connectivity sometimes though

over a year ago

I did once try Firefox but found it incredibly complicated; couldn't work out how to set my homepage nor where to type searches in, everyday was just a battle so uninstalled it but thanks for commenting and will do a search for hopefully an answer.

Hadn't noticed it being a particular time of day

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"I did once try Firefox but found it incredibly complicated; couldn't work out how to set my homepage nor where to type searches in, everyday was just a battle so uninstalled it but thanks for commenting and will do a search for hopefully an answer.

Hadn't noticed it being a particular time of day "

Really? Firefox is probably one of the simplest browsers. The default homepage is google search.

Give it another bash. It may have just been a bad hair day

over a year ago

I get it with firefox and mainly with facebook (i'm on a mac too- so not just a windows issue).

Don't think its anything to do with the browser but the add ons/plug ins in the background

over a year ago

"I did once try Firefox but found it incredibly complicated; couldn't work out how to set my homepage nor where to type searches in, everyday was just a battle so uninstalled it but thanks for commenting and will do a search for hopefully an answer.

Really? Firefox is probably one of the simplest browsers. The default homepage is google search.

Give it another bash. It may have just been a bad hair day "

Google is one of the simplest, no it wasn't a bad hair day, will download it again at the end of the week and will come looking for you for help

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Give it another bash. It may have just been a bad hair day

Google is one of the simplest, no it wasn't a bad hair day, will download it again at the end of the week and will come looking for you for help "

No problem I am the Fab IT helpline lol

Post new Message to Thread