Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Long distance...

Jump to newest

By *isscheekychops OP   Woman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

No I am not in one or anything like that...I was just wondering on people experience with long distance relationship does distance put you off?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

It depends on the intensity that bother parties want - I think it can work if people only spend say weekends together.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes as if it led to moving I couldn't as I need to be near my daughter

over a year ago

I've tried it, but with other life commitments it's not an option for me.

Living round the corner makes it so much more flexible (still looking!)...

over a year ago

"Yes as if it led to moving I couldn't as I need to be near my daughter"

Would you expect the other person to move?

over a year ago

"No I am not in one or anything like that...I was just wondering on people experience with long distance relationship does distance put you off? "

Your chat went well the other night with that guy?

over a year ago

"No I am not in one or anything like that...I was just wondering on people experience with long distance relationship does distance put you off?

Your chat went well the other night with that guy? "

Oh god no nothing like that...it was just a question...

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

And another thought on the matter ... it has to suit both parties, not one wishing to change the terms of the relationship...

over a year ago

Id quite like to try it out but the OH says I have to stay at home

I suppose it depends on how long distance and how often you can get to see each other

While it must be lovely to only spend fabulous quality time together if getting that time is really difficult to achieve then its going to cause stress at some point

over a year ago

"No I am not in one or anything like that...I was just wondering on people experience with long distance relationship does distance put you off?

Your chat went well the other night with that guy?

Oh god no nothing like that...it was just a question..."

Was just teasing, lol. Well If I had a relationship with them before either of us moved and we agreed in advance when we would see each other then it could work. All depends how patient a person is too.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Depends what you call long distance. Where 2hrs apart and its worked well for 6/1/2 years

By *rsIdiotWoman
over a year ago

Bedworth

Long distance can work for a relationship. When I first met my hubby he was living 60+ miles away, we spent the first 18 months together spending alternate weekends here and at his place.

over a year ago

Over last 18 months I've had a couple of distance relationships (about 60 miles and 30 miles) ... suited me as I didn't want progression and every other weekend suited me down to the ground. Both partners seemed to be happy with that at first but that changed ... so here I am wondering lonely as a cloud

over a year ago

"Over last 18 months I've had a couple of distance relationships (about 60 miles and 30 miles) ... suited me as I didn't want progression and every other weekend suited me down to the ground. Both partners seemed to be happy with that at first but that changed ... so here I am wondering lonely as a cloud "

Sob sob lol x

By *un_JuiceCouple
over a year ago

Nr Chester

It worked for me when I was younger, a holiday romance. We used to love taking it turns to travel to each other, the anticipation was a buzz as was the embracing one another on arrival.

It fizzled out when she went to Uni ironically near me at the time. I realised she had a new life and wanted to fuck around which I reluctantly but graciously accepted

over a year ago

worked for my mum and her partner of now 8years, they were 3 hours apart

over a year ago

"Over last 18 months I've had a couple of distance relationships (about 60 miles and 30 miles) ... suited me as I didn't want progression and every other weekend suited me down to the ground. Both partners seemed to be happy with that at first but that changed ... so here I am wondering lonely as a cloud

Sob sob lol x"

Thought I'd try the sympathy vote approach .

... i did put sympathy fuck but it sounded too crude

over a year ago

"Yes as if it led to moving I couldn't as I need to be near my daughter

Would you expect the other person to move? "

If they were willing, understanding and loved me yes, but as its unlikely I'd get in that scenario it's irrelevant

over a year ago

It could work for some, especially if both parties value their own space and independence.

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

My last gf lived just short of 200 mile from me dispite our best effert 7/8 was best we could do so in my opinion its a no an unless you have done it its hard to see the problems that inevitable come about for instance leaving hers at 3 in the morning to make sure I got to work my 7 followed by a 12 hour shift. I ended up looking like a zombie not a good look

over a year ago

I don't know really i think if you wanted to see eachother lots it would be a problem depends how far...but i guess if it was a casual thing then it wouldnt matter.

over a year ago

Does this include FWB too? X

over a year ago

"Does this include FWB too? X "

It includes that too...x

By *renchbambi xWoman
over a year ago

Need to know basis

I will travel a long way (and have) to meet someone that excites me! Yes I will so be warned!!

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"I will travel a long way (and have) to meet someone that excites me! Yes I will so be warned!! "
Ditto Been known to have travelled to St Malo to meet a guy.

over a year ago

Well I must admit it was so much easier and better to see my FWB when I was living and working down south. And usually spent every other weekend at his. Now I'm up north its so much harder, but because we don't see so much of each other now, its 10 times better and we still talk Daily

If it was a proper relationship I'm sure it wouldn't have had the same result x

By *eryBigGirlWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

I def think long distanced relationships work as I know when my ex worked away at sea he was 4/5 months away then 2/3 month at home it worked perfectly. He went away and there'd be letters and telephone calls with the anticipation of him coming home for an extended shagathon and by the time he started to annoy me being around all the time he'd be ready for going back again!! I know our relationship started to go downhill was when he gave it up to stay shoreside instead.

I'd certainly have no hesitation going back into a long distance relationship but I know it's not for everyone!

By *renchbambi xWoman
over a year ago

Need to know basis

"I will travel a long way (and have) to meet someone that excites me! Yes I will so be warned!! Ditto Been known to have travelled to St Malo to meet a guy. "

Now that is a long way!! Kudos to you m'lady xx

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"I will travel a long way (and have) to meet someone that excites me! Yes I will so be warned!! Ditto Been known to have travelled to St Malo to meet a guy.

Now that is a long way!! Kudos to you m'lady xx"

Was worth it as well - AND I got to see that famous castle - I cannot think of its name right now. DO you know the one I mean? I had sucha lovely weekend there!

By * n zCouple
over a year ago

leamington spa

We are 2 hours apart and see each other every other weekend.........have been doing that for just over 2 years now.

It can be hard but the good stuff outweighs the bad and I feel we truely appreciate each other and the time we spend together.

I hope one day it evolves that we can see more of each other, but for now we are both happy with the arrangement.

A

By *atcherofmyballsMan
over a year ago

hereford

Can't find the time for anyone local, so long distance is a no no for me.

Why does the word local remind me of Royston Vassy. Want to say local sex for local people now. I'll be ok in a sec

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"Can't find the time for anyone local, so long distance is a no no for me.

Why does the word local remind me of Royston Vassy. Want to say local sex for local people now. I'll be ok in a sec "

I somehow cannot see you struggling to meet people

By *atcherofmyballsMan
over a year ago

hereford

"Can't find the time for anyone local, so long distance is a no no for me.

Why does the word local remind me of Royston Vassy. Want to say local sex for local people now. I'll be ok in a sec I somehow cannot see you struggling to meet people"

You know what us country bumkins are like. We're shy

Post new Message to Thread