Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Jobs Part 2

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

If you were advertising for a job and someone came up to you and handed you there CV and then they started asking questions about the pay/the hours they can work or any sort of benefit that the company offers its employees. Would it put you off giving them the job as they are being picky?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *osweet69Couple
over a year ago

portsmouth

Yes

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Not at all, I would think the total opposite to be honest x

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Those are exactly the sort of questions most employers expect people to ask, so no. It means they are showing interest and actually care about where they might be working.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Not picky, but if they went straight into questions about benefits, salary etc. I would question their actual interest in the role itself.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I'd expect more questions about the role itself prior to any pay questions. Same comment as Ryan No Hair really.

over a year ago

No.... An interviewis a two way meeting and is as much about do you want me working for you, as it is are you the sort of employer I want to work for.....

over a year ago

I've always approached job interviews as an opportunity to interview the employer about what the role offers me.

I find that researching likely pay and benefits beforehand is extremely helpful so that if or when I decide during the interview that the employer is a match for me I am able to base any discussion or negotiation about salary/benefits etc on a realistic foundation.

I would not ever consider bringing the financial side of a potential employment opportunity up until after I had discussed the role and scope of my responsibilities in detail with the employer.

M

By *ouplefunukCouple
over a year ago

North Bristol

Lets spin that round.... Would you expect someone to accept a job without knowing the pay, hours & benefits?

As an ex recruiter of over 10 years, that would worry me a hell of a lot more!

*Her*

Post new Message to Thread