Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The Ultimate Cleaning Test

Jump to newest

By *he_original_polo OP   Woman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

What would be the ultimate test of someone's ability to be a good cleaner?

I recon it's the stainless steel hood over the hob - it takes skill and dedication to get one of those clean without leaving it looking streaky.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

In my case, delegation.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Underneath the bathroom taps

By *livia_KWoman
over a year ago

South London

Whether or not they have the attention to detail to get to that little bit of the bathroom floor behind the s bend of the toilet.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The grubby bits on the kitchen floor by the units where the mop never gets into? Dedicated sorts get on their knees.

over a year ago

"What would be the ultimate test of someone's ability to be a good cleaner?

I recon it's the stainless steel hood over the hob - it takes skill and dedication to get one of those clean without leaving it looking streaky."

isn't baby oil/lotion the secret to getting that streak free finish on stainless steel

over a year ago

I recon it's the stainless steel hood over the hob - it takes skill and dedication to get one of those clean without leaving it looking streaky."

Baby oil is perfect for that job. So I've been told

over a year ago

Baby oil does the trick apparently.

High level cleaning is often neglected and not done well.

Hence I tend to home in on these areas by standing at the top of the stairs and look down during audits of facilities.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I love cleaning but I have to be in the mood to do it...

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Spare me from the anally retentive dust busters !

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

I just get someone to do mine

over a year ago

"I just get someone to do mine"

But what is it they do which makes you think they are a good cleaner... or not?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"I just get someone to do mine

But what is it they do which makes you think they are a good cleaner... or not?"

underneath bathroom taps

over a year ago

"I just get someone to do mine

But what is it they do which makes you think they are a good cleaner... or not?"

Mine may not be the most thorough of cleaners, however, I'd rather she cleans for me, as I shan't be doing it myself!

over a year ago

The odd thing is polo, that most people I know who have cleaners, run around cleaning before they come so I guess they do a good job based on the fact its cleaned twice ?

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I hate cleaning my own flat but I quite like sorting other people's places out. Funnily enough I've just made a deal to clean out my mates kitchen cupboards in exchange for Sunday dinner! I think there may be something wrong with me.

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Polo you need to check my garage greese grime petrol diesel owwww its pure heaven

over a year ago

"I hate cleaning my own flat but I quite like sorting other people's places out. Funnily enough I've just made a deal to clean out my mates kitchen cupboards in exchange for Sunday dinner! I think there may be something wrong with me. "

Its probably all those furballs you cough up

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I hate cleaning my own flat but I quite like sorting other people's places out. Funnily enough I've just made a deal to clean out my mates kitchen cupboards in exchange for Sunday dinner! I think there may be something wrong with me.

Its probably all those furballs you cough up "

You promised you wouldn't tell anyone about those!

over a year ago

"Polo you need to check my garage greese grime petrol diesel owwww its pure heaven "

Why?

over a year ago

"I hate cleaning my own flat but I quite like sorting other people's places out. Funnily enough I've just made a deal to clean out my mates kitchen cupboards in exchange for Sunday dinner! I think there may be something wrong with me.

You promised you wouldn't tell anyone about those! "

I wasn't going to but everytime I walk around your place barefoot I get feet like a hobbits...its disgusting....you should shed outside.

over a year ago

I clean every six months, whether it needs it or not.

over a year ago

Surely it has got to be remembering to clean above door frames?

By *andtsurreyCouple
over a year ago

Torbay

Is it wrong that I actually love my e-cloth? No streaky stainless steel here

T xx

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

I recon it's the stainless steel hood over the hob - it takes skill and dedication to get one of those clean without leaving it looking streaky.

Baby oil is perfect for that job. So I've been told "

Oh no you mustn't use that it will attract the dust to it. I heard Kim n Aggie say it once

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

You promised you wouldn't tell anyone about those!

I wasn't going to but everytime I walk around your place barefoot I get feet like a hobbits...its disgusting....you should shed outside. "

You said that wasn't a deal breaker!! I'll bear that in mind next time I'm flicking your toe clippings out of my bed! Minger!

over a year ago

For me it's how clean a persons cooker is. Inside and out... I meant I've seen some skanky ones in my time and they STILL use them... Rank!

over a year ago

Im a cleanaholic...I confess! !

Everthing in my house is in its place has place no mess or dirt!..

Im OCD with cleaning!

Baby oil is best for stainless steel

Lots of kitchen towel too!

I swear cleaning products will be the death of me lol!

I love cleaning I should become a cleaner instead of a social worker!..

over a year ago

"Spare me from the anally retentive dust busters !

"

I can be anally receptive ... or anally attentive if that's any better?

By *exycleanerWoman
over a year ago

pontefract

my diploma in housekeeping and hospitality

By *un_JuiceCouple
over a year ago

Nr Chester

Baby oil works fantastically on those surfaces

over a year ago

I wouldn’t look for advice from the cleaners of this cardboard box hotel I’m presently holed up in Aberdeen …

My shower drain is partially blocked with a disgusting mixture of pubes and a fowl smelling gunge that doesn’t look healthy and the shower curtain is minging

The room window won’t open wider than the thickness of a rizla paper and the carpet smells really bad,,, like seriously bad,,,,,,,,,,,,, and I found what looked like bit of toe-nail clipping under the welcome brochure....But I now suspect it might just be a piece of dried onion or something from a pot noodle type snack

over a year ago

"I wouldn’t look for advice from the cleaners of this cardboard box hotel I’m presently holed up in Aberdeen …

My shower drain is partially blocked with a disgusting mixture of pubes and a fowl smelling gunge that doesn’t look healthy and the shower curtain is minging

The room window won’t open wider than the thickness of a rizla paper and the carpet smells really bad,,, like seriously bad,,,,,,,,,,,,, and I found what looked like bit of toe-nail clipping under the welcome brochure....But I now suspect it might just be a piece of dried onion or something from a pot noodle type snack

"

now thats just not acceptable! ! Eww...you should complain to the management! ..personally I couldnt even stay there..as soon as I walked through the door id be running back out!..poor you!...my worst nightmare! !...

over a year ago

Baby oil on it and job done.

over a year ago

I miss cleaning

Can't wait to be better & clean.... No one can clean my house as well as me lol

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"I wouldn’t look for advice from the cleaners of this cardboard box hotel I’m presently holed up in Aberdeen …

"

Can't imagine what you are doing in this budget hotel, on all fours with your face pressed into the carpet

over a year ago

Dustvon top of things...under the sofa and behind the tv

The cooker hood is a fucker to clean n all

over a year ago

I've caught my dad hovering his driveaway with a household hover which was a bit odd.

Apparently he does it once a week.

over a year ago

"

Can't imagine what you are doing in this budget hotel, on all fours with your face pressed into the carpet "

haha Ryan...I think if I dared to press my face into this carpet.... I'd get stuck....

over a year ago

I would say a person who pays attention to details and cleans thoroughly the places that can be seen and those that can't.

The cooker is a good place to start. If you can stroke your hand inside the cooker and the ceramic is smooth then it's clean. The big test is the roof of the cooker, if that has black burnt on bits then it's still dirty. Oh and sparkling silver shiny racks with not a bit of food stuck on them.

I'm also a sucker for looking at skirting boards and plumbing pipes in the bathroom. They should be clean and dust free. And electric cables should be clean.

You can't clean just using a Hoover and a mop, you have to get on your knees and move furniture to clean behind things.

I love cleaning, I find it therapeutic. Cleaning professionally for a living is certainly not an easy task and it's very physical

over a year ago

A george foreman grill

Pain in the arse trying to clean one of them

over a year ago

Im a tooth brush between the tiles kinda

Girl lol along with the bleach!..

By *mm_n_ZedCouple
over a year ago

Fareham

I'd love a house that was super-mega-squeaky clean but I don't have time for that crap. If I did cleaning to that level plus my job, I'd have no time left for 'life' and fun. The bits that count are clean (bathroom and kitchen), the carpets are hoovered-ish and the dishwasher is kept ticking over.

As for difficult things to clean - venetian blinds! I think I'm going to get rid of all mine! Bliddy things!

over a year ago

A good cleaner has a bottle of vinegar cotton buds baby oil (cheaper the better ) and a toothbrush in tjeir cleaning kit

Post new Message to Thread