Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What does Renouncing mean to you?

Jump to newest

By *renchbambi x OP   Woman
over a year ago

Need to know basis

Today I heard someone relate the story of a couple and their belief that education is their daughter's only way to freedom. They live in Burma in a small jungle village and have very little income. Where they live, schools are not free and quite expensive so there is no way they can afford to pay for their daughter to attend. In the nearby village there is an orphanage ran by Buddist monks.

The Buddist monks teach the orphans how to read and write with the help of the books in their small library. This couple saw and understood that by renouncing their parental rights to their daughter and giving her up as an orphan would they fulfil their role as parents.

So, what does Renouncing mean for you? Open discussion...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I often think of renouncing all my sexual energy....no not joking.

Sometimes I think it consumes so much of my time and thoughts and if I renounced it I could channel it somewhere more meaningful.

Its a powerful energy though and if experienced correctly very therapeutic in my eyes.

Lol no doubt I may get a few raised eyebrows !v

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

As far as im aware it mean they will no longer have perental control x

over a year ago

Need to know basis

"I often think of renouncing all my sexual energy....no not joking.

Sometimes I think it consumes so much of my time and thoughts and if I renounced it I could channel it somewhere more meaningful.

Its a powerful energy though and if experienced correctly very therapeutic in my eyes.

Lol no doubt I may get a few raised eyebrows !v"

It may prove difficult and too much frustration to renounce something you have very little control over (unless it is altered with tablets maybe, if they exist).

over a year ago

Need to know basis

"As far as im aware it mean they will no longer have perental control x"

That's is true and must have been a very hard decision to make.

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"As far as im aware it mean they will no longer have perental control x

That's is true and must have been a very hard decision to make."

yes or at least it should be as sadly mine did same to me. Hopefully if they do do it like me it will be the best thing they could do for the child. Very sad indead

By *ogistical NightmaresCouple
over a year ago

Manchester Area

In Luxor, Egypt in case you don't know. There is an orphanage for foundlings. Babies, sometimes only a day old are left , because they know that they will be looked after abd educated till the leave university.

over a year ago

Need to know basis

"In Luxor, Egypt in case you don't know. There is an orphanage for foundlings. Babies, sometimes only a day old are left , because they know that they will be looked after abd educated till the leave university.

"

I did not know but it does not surprise me. And it is probably not the only one of its kind in Egypt...and in other countries.

By * Jay69Man
over a year ago

Bridgwater - Somerset

Renouncing is to give up: a belief, often religious, or an interest in property, or, in this case, your parental rights. once renounced, that's it, can't go back.

Post new Message to Thread