Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Sitcoms?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

There have been several low budgeted sitcoms over the last few years and it got me thinking. If people don't mention it at all and their isn't any merchandise for it. Obviously it must be not that good. How can comedies go for 5+ years if its that bad though .

Have you or do you watch a sitcom that is classed as "unpopular" and not a classic in any way?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Definitely.

Nightingales and Early Doors. Neither were big hits, but both are excellent.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"If people don't mention it at all and their isn't any merchandise for it. Obviously it must be not that good. How can comedies go for 5+ years if its that bad though . "

People watch trash.

Look at Big Brother for example..oh and The Voice!!

over a year ago

"If people don't mention it at all and their isn't any merchandise for it. Obviously it must be not that good. How can comedies go for 5+ years if its that bad though .

People watch trash.

Look at Big Brother for example..oh and The Voice!!

"

Right idea. Wrong sort of program's though, lol. I was on about comedies that run for years. Yet they aren't classics, etc. and asked what non big hitters to people watch?

over a year ago

"

I was on about comedies that run for years.

"

I find them both ridiculously funny and they have been running for years....!-D

By *uperock99Man
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

I don't watch TV anymore it's been 2 years now!

over a year ago

"Definitely.

Nightingales and Early Doors. Neither were big hits, but both are excellent."

I thinking more of classic actors playing lead roles In small, yet long running sitcoms that aren't big hitters. For example Robert Lindsay/Zoe Wanamaker in My Family, Ardal O Hanlon (from Father Ted) did My Hero. Nicholas Lyndhurst done Goodnight Sweetheart. All played by big actors, stories went on for 5+ years, but no one ever mentions them. So how can they be successful enough to run for that length of time.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

[Removed by poster at 23/06/13 16:59:49]

over a year ago

"Definitely.

Nightingales and Early Doors. Neither were big hits, but both are excellent.

I thinking more of classic actors playing lead roles In small, yet long running sitcoms that aren't big hitters. For example Robert Lindsay/Zoe Wanamaker in My Family, Ardal O Hanlon (from Father Ted) did My Hero. Nicholas Lyndhurst done Goodnight Sweetheart. All played by big actors, stories went on for 5+ years, but no one ever mentions them. So how can they be successful enough to run for that length of time."

Bread and butter money for the actors, and the shows were cheap to make, I would guess.

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Nightingales starred Robert Lindsey and James Threlfall and ran for three years.

Early Doors also features some big names: John Henshaw, Craig Cash, Mark Benton, James McAvoy and Christine Peake.

Post new Message to Thread