Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The Mods

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

am I being out of order or have the mods gone power crazy on here?

no warnings no reason, just banned, If a mod doesnt like you you get banned instantly?

whats the point of using the site

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

i dont think they are power hungry. but mistakes do happen. having a mod title doesnt stop that

Reply privately

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

if you have an issue with mods (who are only doing their jobs, sorting us lot out if we break forum rules), I suggest you contact admin and re-read the rules to make sure you don't break them again

Reply privately

over a year ago

"if you have an issue with mods (who are only doing their jobs, sorting us lot out if we break forum rules), I suggest you contact admin and re-read the rules to make sure you don't break them again"

This

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ruggers and Jez do a brilliant job, its a thankless task and one that isn't as easy as people think. If you follow the rules you wont get banned, its as simple as that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I find the moderation of threads here is done very well….!.

What constitutes a good balance of fairness and reason will always be a subjective issue and open to individual interpritaion……

But I see no problems where people are being treated unfairly or any moderation issues that interrupt the flow of threads ….

In my view the rules are always applied fairly, so I really can't agree any of the OP's concerns.....

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Is it not strange that all the people who are agreeing with the nods are women, the situation was I asked a girl if she needed glasses?

she said no and I said can i see you without them.

that was deemed as directing and banned?

the world is run by power crazy people, speeding fines for 3 mines over the speed limit, no walking on the grass, dont use your phone her, rules rules rules, but isnt this just a tad extreme.

as I said , maybe its just me but I think the mods love it when they ban someone.

the mod who banned me was gloating yesterday, "another one gone"

its not a game

Reply privately

over a year ago

I completely agree that admins and mods deserve much praise for their efforts, however I would say that when it comes to rule breaking some areas are open to interpretation. Having recently transgressed a rule, unknowingly, I received a message with a ban, I reported to Admin my side if the story and heard nothing - which was a tad annoying.

Maybe in some cases a mod should contact a user directly before a ban is issued, instead of a blunt "in my interpretation you broke the rules - take this ban!"

To be clear, I am not bashing those that keep order, but maybe a little dialogue before the big stick would be nice. Most of us on here are responsible adults!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Is it not strange that all the people who are agreeing with the nods are women, the situation was I asked a girl if she needed glasses?

the world is run by power crazy people, speeding fines for 3 mines over the speed limit, no walking on the grass, dont use your phone her, rules rules rules, but isnt this just a tad extreme.

as I said , maybe its just me but I think the mods love it when they ban someone.

its not a game "

Hey, I'm not a Lady.....I have a penis,,,,

Reply privately

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

Up to this moment I have nt been banned ( days not over though,,), the little communication I ve had with the mod's I ve found the lady to be very helpful,

have you asked the mod in question why they thought that way,?

Reply privately

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I find the moderation of threads here is done very well….!.

What constitutes a good balance of fairness and reason will always be a subjective issue and open to individual interpritaion……

But I see no problems where people are being treated unfairly or any moderation issues that interrupt the flow of threads ….

In my view the rules are always applied fairly, so I really can't agree any of the OP's concerns.....

"

More and more I find myself agreeing with Soxy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Deviant City

"I find the moderation of threads here is done very well….!.

"

this

Reply privately

over a year ago

Deviant City

[Removed by poster at 21/06/13 10:12:20]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Got my Parker & desert boots, just gotta get a Vespa with lots of mirrors & lights.

We are the Mods, we are the Mods, we are we are we are the Mods!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Deviant City

"Is it not strange that all the people who are agreeing with the nods are women, the situation was I asked a girl if she needed glasses?

its not a game "

I've made my fair share of mistakes, suck it up and re-read the rules so you dont make the same mistake twice

Reply privately

over a year ago

OP do you not see the contradiction in terms by suggesting other people are power crazy for implementing generally accepted rules, when by challenging that order you seek to exact your personal interpretation of how things should happen….

So who’s power crazy there?

Reply privately

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

You asked her to do something....

Thats directing

Reply privately

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

Dont know the chat mods....only the forum ones....

Reply privately

By *ickloverMan
over a year ago

Devizes

"Got my Parker & desert boots, just gotta get a Vespa with lots of mirrors & lights.

We are the Mods, we are the Mods, we are we are we are the Mods!! "

See you down on Brighton sea front for the annual kick off against the rockers then !!

Reply privately

By *renchbambi xWoman
over a year ago

Need to know basis

its not a game "

You've just broken the rules! Please them thoroughly!

Reply privately

over a year ago

its not a game "

Never been subject to any intervention by mods, but when you start quoting examples of the world being run by power mad people you lose my interest.

You cant pick and chose which rules you adhere to, so basically decide if you want in or out ?

Oh and travelling at 33 mph in a 30 is pedantic yes....until you hit a child and kill them and realise that it wasn't going to get you there quicker anyway.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Having had a naughty step time out from the forums I'd like to say that I think the mods are tolerant. In the majority of cases they are probably correct (although you may not agree with something they do). This site would not operate without moderation. So my suggestion is take your punishment like a good boy, don't worry about it and follow the rules next time

Reply privately

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

And whining about the chat ops in the forum is only likely to piss off the forum mods.

You directed.

It's against the rules.

You got banned.

You had fair warning.

You ignored.

Man up.

Take the ban.

Stop whining.

Reply privately

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"You asked her to do something....

Thats directing "

This!!!

Reply privately

By *renchbambi xWoman
over a year ago

Need to know basis

*please read them thoroughly* is what it should have said.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Taking the issue away from here and using an example the OP raised ............ three miles over the speed limit receiving 3 points ............ OP can I ask a question ................ if 3 miles over the speed limit is acceptable ..... and u you knew you wouldn't even have your knuckles rapped ............ what would be wrong with doing 1 or 2 more miles over the speed limit ........... apart from the devastation this could cause if you hit something ................. at what point would YOU draw the line and say something is not acceptable???? I am guessing it might be when someone you love or cherish is involved and someone was breaking the rules

Reply privately

over a year ago

OH! As I tuned in2 this thread I presumed it was gonna b about mods n rockers in the 1960s! LOVELY I thort - MY teenage era! But NA so moderators!

Anyways......

Here's my 10p worth - they do out fake profiles where spotted.

I had a very helpful courteous response from jezebel to an enquiry which I was pleased to receive.

On one occasion I DID say summat a bit silly on here (well more silly than I normally am) - it wasn't abusive or aimed at any one person but IT WAS a stupid comment. I hada sit on the naughty step awhile n I did ask admin about it and they promptly responded so u cannot ask fairer than that

Reply privately

over a year ago

I hope you are all aware that according to the rules of the site, discussing bans or the mods conduct can get you banned from the site!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"*please read them thoroughly* is what it should have said."

Please them thoroughly isn't a bad ethic to have around here

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I hope you are all aware that according to the rules of the site, discussing bans or the mods conduct can get you banned from the site!"

I am sure they allow accectable discussions...this isn't a Stalinist state ! Mind you getting a ban would solve my forum addiction.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"And whining about the chat ops in the forum is only likely to piss off the forum mods.

You directed.

It's against the rules.

You got banned.

You had fair warning.

You ignored.

Man up.

Take the ban.

Stop whining.

"

Often it's just like being a bit absent minded and getting a speeding ticket - there's no defence, shit happens!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"OH! As I tuned in2 this thread I presumed it was gonna b about mods n rockers in the 1960s! LOVELY I thort - MY teenage era! But NA so moderators!

"

Oo'er how odd!!!!

For some strange reason, I've always had you down as being a Teddy Boy... pfft

Reply privately

over a year ago

"OH! As I tuned in2 this thread I presumed it was gonna b about mods n rockers in the 1960s! LOVELY I thort - MY teenage era! But NA so moderators!

Oo'er how odd!!!!

For some strange reason, I've always had you down as being a Teddy Boy... pfft "

Oi! I'm not quite THAT old mush Hahahahahaha

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think they do a great job and Ruggers has helped me out with a few enquiries when I've been naughty.

Only having a mobile phone to get online meant I hadn't seen or read the forum rules but have now. I learnt my lesson and accepted it.

Acting like a spoilt child throwing a strop won't get you anywhere

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I hope you are all aware that according to the rules of the site, discussing bans or the mods conduct can get you banned from the site!

I am sure they allow accectable discussions...this isn't a Stalinist state ! Mind you getting a ban would solve my forum addiction. "

Trust me it dosnt lol x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I hope you are all aware that according to the rules of the site, discussing bans or the mods conduct can get you banned from the site!

I am sure they allow accectable discussions...this isn't a Stalinist state ! Mind you getting a ban would solve my forum addiction.

Trust me it dosnt lol x "

Ok, my names Cousteau, I'm an addict.....

Reply privately

over a year ago

Trust me it dosnt lol x

Ok, my names Cousteau, I'm an addict..... "

getting a ban won't cure you it will make you a frustrated addict

Reply privately

over a year ago

So you've peeved the chat mods, and now come in here complaining about mods, to peeved the forum mods?????

I think this site is well moderated, given the numpties that post

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So you've peeved the chat mods, and now come in here complaining about mods, to peeved the forum mods?????

I think this site is well moderated, given the numpties that post "

excuse me you can't call me a Numpty...Admin !!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I am sure they allow acceptable discussions...this isn't a Stalinist state ! Mind you getting a ban would solve my forum addiction.

Trust me it dosnt lol x

Ok, my names Cousteau, I'm an addict.....

getting a ban won't cure you it will make you a frustrated addict "

Especially when there's some really good threads you can't comment on

Reply privately

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

Directing is asking someone to do or show something on cam.

You asked to see her without her glasses, you directed, you got banned. Deal with it! It's an hour of your life to while away, gone in a flash.

The mods don't have to warn. Some do, some don't. The rules flash up every few minutes in chat for all to see, the rules as freely available to read as you wish.

You done wrong, not the mod. However!!! If you have an issue with the way a mod is doing their job then go to their profile, hit report and tell admin what you think they have done wrong.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So you've peeved the chat mods, and now come in here complaining about mods, to peeved the forum mods?????

I think this site is well moderated, given the numpties that post

excuse me you can't call me a Numpty...Admin !!! "

Fortunately our lot have a sense of humour but I'm curious as to why you thought you qualified

Reply privately

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Ive had ok iv lost count how many bans some I deserved so I dont feel I did but heyho lifes a bitch you do the crime face the time. I think on whole the mods do the best with a bad job......whatch me get anther now oh lordie

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ive had ok iv lost count how many bans some I deserved so I dont feel I did but heyho lifes a bitch you do the crime face the time. I think on whole the mods do the best with a bad job......whatch me get anther now oh lordie "

You need to be careful as too many bans will lead to a permanent ban.

Reply privately

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

We welcome constructive feedback about individual mods. Use CONTACT link to contact us direct

Admin x

Reply privately