Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What is "manly" ? :-)

Jump to newest

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

When I grew up many years ago there seemed to be a certain set of criteria that defined what most people would think of as manly looks, behaviours and attitudes.

I think this has changed quite a bit and I am wondering what men and women consider "manly" today or perhaps it does not exist anymore?

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

A man's man...The ruggered look and one that is just pwwwoooaaarrr

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"When I grew up many years ago there seemed to be a certain set of criteria that defined what most people would think of as manly looks, behaviours and attitudes.

I think this has changed quite a bit and I am wondering what men and women consider "manly" today or perhaps it does not exist anymore? "

Well defo not me!! I'm as camp as s row of tents!!!!!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've thought about it many a time. Its tricky to describe, simply because so many of the qualities I think that define 'manliness' such as bravery, fortitude, dependability, responsibility, determination, integrity and honour are not solely male traits.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thems what can open pickle jars

Reply privately

over a year ago

someone who is assertive, doesnt let people boss them about.

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"A man's man...The ruggered look and one that is just pwwwoooaaarrr "
Yep and that is still valid today.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just out of curiosity, how many women are turned on and excited by the sight of classical male competition? I'm talking things like wrestling, arm wrestling, tests of strength, fighting etc?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm manly!!

In fact...I'm so manly I shave with a Kraton Handled Fallkniven H1!!

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Just out of curiosity, how many women are turned on and excited by the sight of classical male competition? I'm talking things like wrestling, arm wrestling, tests of strength, fighting etc?"

you omitted to add loudest farting..

depth of finger up hooter..

sure there are others..

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"When I grew up many years ago there seemed to be a certain set of criteria that defined what most people would think of as manly looks, behaviours and attitudes.

I think this has changed quite a bit and I am wondering what men and women consider "manly" today or perhaps it does not exist anymore?

Well defo not me!! I'm as camp as s row of tents!!!!!!! "

Well - perhaps just a different definition of "manly"?

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Thems what can open pickle jars "
Made me laugh - as sooo true!

Reply privately

By *pecifically1Woman
over a year ago

Hull

I think this has changed quite a bit and I am wondering what men and women consider "manly" today or perhaps it does not exist anymore? "

Manly is a presence rather than something physical for me....

Reply privately

By *adkatWoman
over a year ago

Alfreton

Gerard buttler

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Just out of curiosity, how many women are turned on and excited by the sight of classical male competition? I'm talking things like wrestling, arm wrestling, tests of strength, fighting etc?"
Does not do much for me but I like a man to be physically "superior" ie stronger, taller, bigger than me.

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

Manly is a presence rather than something physical for me...."

Good point - can you define what the presence is about?

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Its a state of mind more than anything for me. A man is confident, assertive without bullying, active, adaptable, and understanding. You could have the buffest 6 pack ever but there is nothing manly about whining, pestering, and being needy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

For me....at a height where no one wants to go.,. A tall, broad man, someone who has more muscle than me...... its a tall order I know

Reply privately

By *rank_SimoneCouple
over a year ago

Bideford

Can't be any manly men around now as according to one Forum all men are gay

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well defo not me!! I'm as camp as s row of tents!!!!!!! Well - perhaps just a different definition of "manly"?"

Oh what a kind n DIPLOMATIC response lol! I've never hada gf call ME BUTCH haha - in fact one gf who had a penchant for Spanish waiters that I used to bed share with her always would say 'oh you pull him your prettier than me '

Reply privately

over a year ago

No i dont like any of that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"you omitted to add loudest farting.."

I omitted it because I failed to see explosive flatulence as having much merit to being a hunter, warrior, provider and protector - I mean if such a man had been inside the Trojan Horse he'd have been a straight up liability to the other Greeks around him.

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Its a state of mind more than anything for me. A man is confident, assertive without bullying, active, adaptable, and understanding. You could have the buffest 6 pack ever but there is nothing manly about whining, pestering, and being needy."

Reply privately

By *essiCouple
over a year ago

suffolk

"Thems what can open pickle jars Made me laugh - as sooo true! "

just been checking my pickle recipes.. ..so now all i'll need is....

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Can't be any manly men around now as according to one Forum all men are gay "
good point lol

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

As long as its naked, yes please! I'll oil them up too.

Reply privately

By *hyllyphyllyMan
over a year ago

Bradford

Wiping you cock on the curtains after sex

Smelling of sweat

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Wiping you cock on the curtains after sex

Smelling of sweat

"

Strangely to me that is not manly at all.

Reply privately

By *hyllyphyllyMan
over a year ago

Bradford

"Can't be any manly men around now as according to one Forum all men are gay "

All men are bi.... get it right

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just out of curiosity, how many women are turned on and excited by the sight of classical male competition? I'm talking things like wrestling, arm wrestling, tests of strength, fighting etc?

As long as its naked, yes please! I'll oil them up too. "

Interestingly enough, in the original Olympic games the athletes were all said to have competed in the buff - in fact, the word 'Gymnasium' comes from the word 'Gymnos' meaning naked

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Thems what can open pickle jars Made me laugh - as sooo true!

just been checking my pickle recipes.. ..so now all i'll need is...."

And I can find a few jars to open... what a great chat up line "Can you come and open my chutneys for me"

Reply privately

over a year ago

To me being manly means having to put up with wearing shit clothes,,,,

Reply privately

By *hyllyphyllyMan
over a year ago

Bradford

"To me being manly means having to put up with wearing shit clothes,,,, "

Oh thats true, Used to love going shopping when I was a CD

Reply privately

over a year ago

http://www.artofmanliness.com/

An essential guide for every discerning gentleman.

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"To me being manly means having to put up with wearing shit clothes,,,, "
What a good point from your perspective - and no, I am for once not pulling your leg or anything else for that matter

Reply privately

By *essiCouple
over a year ago

suffolk

"Thems what can open pickle jars Made me laugh - as sooo true!

just been checking my pickle recipes.. ..so now all i'll need is....And I can find a few jars to open... what a great chat up line "Can you come and open my chutneys for me" "

Ooo you're inluck...I do chutneys too

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"http://www.artofmanliness.com/

An essential guide for every discerning gentleman."

Excellent point on there is the trigger point release - I am serious!

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"Just out of curiosity, how many women are turned on and excited by the sight of classical male competition? I'm talking things like wrestling, arm wrestling, tests of strength, fighting etc?

As long as its naked, yes please! I'll oil them up too.

Interestingly enough, in the original Olympic games the athletes were all said to have competed in the buff - in fact, the word 'Gymnasium' comes from the word 'Gymnos' meaning naked "

I know. Bring back the good old days!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Being manly means guarding the coats while everyone else is up rocking the dance floor giving it large to “ I am what I am”

Reply privately

By *hyllyphyllyMan
over a year ago

Bradford

"Being manly means guarding the coats while everyone else is up rocking the dance floor giving it large to “ I am what I am” "

And proping up the bar with a pint just nodding your head

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

So what does it mean to the guys when us women want you "to be manly and yet be in touch with your feminine side" - is it a lot to ask? Too much perhaps?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't know if would be concidered manly but if stranded on some desert island I could russle up some form of shelter and have caught something for dinner, skinned it and cooked it.

I can't remember the last time I went clothes shopping and I don't go in for grooming products at all or go to the gym. Just clean and shaved. My car is a mess and never gets cleaned out and I don't own anything 'designer' at all.

I concider a lot of the grooming products, designer stuff and gadgets to be completely unnecessary.

As long as I am clean and happy then that is manly enough for me

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So what does it mean to the guys when us women want you "to be manly and yet be in touch with your feminine side" - is it a lot to ask? Too much perhaps? "

Well yeah it's ALOT to ask me! Getting in touch with the manly side I mean

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So what does it mean to the guys when us women want you "to be manly and yet be in touch with your feminine side" - is it a lot to ask? Too much perhaps? "

Easy, you're asking him to be the kind of man who will immediately step in and defend you should ever anyone make you feel uncomfortable, yet also be able to write you a poem or sing you a song.

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

think for some their perception and how they see themselves as males will be determined by their upbringing..

30 to 40 years ago most kids were raised in the 1 Dad and 1 Mum environment..

that has changed..

chuck in the 'strong' male's post war were it was and still is seen by some as a 'weakness' or 'men dont do that/ feel that way' to discuss certain issue's and its a developing thing..

not sure i've actually answered the OP's question tbh..

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"So what does it mean to the guys when us women want you "to be manly and yet be in touch with your feminine side" - is it a lot to ask? Too much perhaps?

Easy, you're asking him to be the kind of man who will immediately step in and defend you should ever anyone make you feel uncomfortable, yet also be able to write you a poem or sing you a song."

And what does it feel like to be that man - are we expecting too much from you guys?

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

define 'your feminine side'..?

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"think for some their perception and how they see themselves as males will be determined by their upbringing..

30 to 40 years ago most kids were raised in the 1 Dad and 1 Mum environment..

that has changed..

chuck in the 'strong' male's post war were it was and still is seen by some as a 'weakness' or 'men dont do that/ feel that way' to discuss certain issue's and its a developing thing..

not sure i've actually answered the OP's question tbh..

"

I think that is a fair point about the post war perception of man. I know my dad was what I would call a manly man but he had a very sensitive, caring side and was "in touch with his feminine side" before this expression was ever heard of.

Reply privately

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

My friend Mark (who is a ninja) says that you can only be manly if you have knocked out an eagle with one punch.

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"So what does it mean to the guys when us women want you "to be manly and yet be in touch with your feminine side" - is it a lot to ask? Too much perhaps?

define 'your feminine side'..? "

I think - but I could be wrong, it is that bit that us women want from men that is emotional intelligence, the ability to listen, have empathy, be considerate and also perhaps to be appreciative of the traditionally more female domains such as cooking, the Arts etc? Does this make any sense?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Easy, you're asking him to be the kind of man who will immediately step in and defend you should ever anyone make you feel uncomfortable, yet also be able to write you a poem or sing you a song.And what does it feel like to be that man - are we expecting too much from you guys? "

I'm sure it feels awesome if he can do it well - singing and poems is the easy part, but the bit when you're on a night out and some d*unk slags off the woman you're with, its a lot harder to balance the urge to floor him with adherence to the law.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Julian Clary and Paul O'Grady are not manly.

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

I think - but I could be wrong, it is that bit that us women want from men that is emotional intelligence, the ability to listen, have empathy, be considerate and also perhaps to be appreciative of the traditionally more female domains such as cooking, the Arts etc? Does this make any sense? "

apart from the cooking yes..

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

Easy, you're asking him to be the kind of man who will immediately step in and defend you should ever anyone make you feel uncomfortable, yet also be able to write you a poem or sing you a song.And what does it feel like to be that man - are we expecting too much from you guys?

I'm sure it feels awesome if he can do it well - singing and poems is the easy part, but the bit when you're on a night out and some d*unk slags off the woman you're with, its a lot harder to balance the urge to floor him with adherence to the law."

Priceless

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Julian Clary and Paul O'Grady are not manly. "
Agreed!

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Julian Clary and Paul O'Grady are not manly. "

i think i know what you mean..

same as Dale orange chops winton..

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

I think - but I could be wrong, it is that bit that us women want from men that is emotional intelligence, the ability to listen, have empathy, be considerate and also perhaps to be appreciative of the traditionally more female domains such as cooking, the Arts etc? Does this make any sense?

apart from the cooking yes.. "

Ok lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

I would grade them as slightly more manly than Graham Norton or Jonathan Ross. Those two seem to be utterly soul-less TV front 'men' with little substance behind the facade.

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I would grade them as slightly more manly than Graham Norton or Jonathan Ross. Those two seem to be utterly soul-less TV front 'men' with little substance behind the facade.

"

Interesting - I dont see either as manly either.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"My friend Mark (who is a ninja) says that you can only be manly if you have knocked out an eagle with one punch."

I so need to buy you a pint sometime!!

*and Mark (who is a ninja) obviously!

** and not in a 'ghey way'

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"My friend Mark (who is a ninja) says that you can only be manly if you have knocked out an eagle with one punch."
HOW did I miss this one - the most manliest comment of all

Reply privately

over a year ago

That'll be that awkward conversation when she says I know you've been trying my on knickers when I'm out at work, so been to primark and bought you some cute girlie ones of your own, and I want you to wear them in front of me later.... but leave mine alone will ya… and he says b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b- ohhhhh alright then.....

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"My friend Mark (who is a ninja) says that you can only be manly if you have knocked out an eagle with one punch.

** and not in a 'ghey way' "

Thank you for bringing funkey's post to my attention - he is so easily missed

Reply privately

over a year ago

This will sound daft - but for me a nice polite guy will do. Dont mean door opening etc but wont complain if they do

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

That'll be that awkward conversation when she says I know you've been trying my on knickers when I'm out at work, so been to primark and bought you some cute girlie ones of your own, and I want you to wear them in front of me later.... but leave mine alone will ya… and he says b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b- ohhhhh alright then..... "

You are of course, aware that I have started a collection of the cutest ones for your lovely physique - and it is growing daily

The collection that is...

Reply privately

over a year ago

With regards to celebrities though I do think the likes of Hugh Jackman and Gerard Butler do a good job of portraying well rounded, masculine male figures - you could picture either man lugging a fridge up a flight of stairs or breaking up a fight, but also chasing their kids around the park going 'RAAAARGH!' before tackling them.

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"This will sound daft - but for me a nice polite guy will do. Dont mean door opening etc but wont complain if they do "
Not daft, not unmanly either - polite is part of good manners and shows respect for a woman which in turn is "manly" in my books.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Modern manly is admitting you like watching chick-flicks and you lurve Eurovision …

Reply privately

over a year ago

"My friend Mark (who is a ninja) says that you can only be manly if you have knocked out an eagle with one punch.HOW did I miss this one - the most manliest comment of all "

I might have to phone the RSPB bout that one

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"With regards to celebrities though I do think the likes of Hugh Jackman and Gerard Butler do a good job of portraying well rounded, masculine male figures - you could picture either man lugging a fridge up a flight of stairs or breaking up a fight, but also chasing their kids around the park going 'RAAAARGH!' before tackling them."
Elusive mix of rugged and manly - yet displaying sensitive qualities including family values. Yep, I can see where you are coming from.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"My friend Mark (who is a ninja) says that you can only be manly if you have knocked out an eagle with one punch.HOW did I miss this one - the most manliest comment of all

I might have to phone the RSPB bout that one "

Bill Oddie ... He's not on the Manly list either

Reply privately

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"My friend Mark (who is a ninja) says that you can only be manly if you have knocked out an eagle with one punch.

** and not in a 'ghey way' "

Bro the drink is on!

Mark (who is a ninja) said he will cum to (not in a ghey way)

Reply privately

over a year ago

That'll be that awkward conversation when she says I know you've been trying my on knickers when I'm out at work, so been to primark and bought you some cute girlie ones of your own, and I want you to wear them in front of me later.... but leave mine alone will ya… and he says b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b- ohhhhh alright then..... You are of course, aware that I have started a collection of the cutest ones for your lovely physique - and it is growing daily

The collection that is..."

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b- ohhhhh alright then.....

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"My friend Mark (who is a ninja) says that you can only be manly if you have knocked out an eagle with one punch.HOW did I miss this one - the most manliest comment of all

I might have to phone the RSPB bout that one

Bill Oddie ... He's not on the Manly list either"

Agree - how about Michael Kitchen?

Reply privately

over a year ago

A man who is comforable in his own skin, but doesn't use skin care products. Someone who drives a vehicle with "muscle" But knows where to draw the line. A man who loves women, but not all at the same time. Protective but not overly aggresive.

Brad Pitt is not a manly man but George Clooney and Paul Newman are.

Reply privately

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

** and not in a 'ghey way' Thank you for bringing funkey's post to my attention - he is so easily missed"

Cheek!

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Modern manly is admitting you like watching chick-flicks and you lurve Eurovision … "

thats me fucked then..

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"

A man who is comforable in his own skin, but doesn't use skin care products. Someone who drives a vehicle with "muscle" But knows where to draw the line. A man who loves women, but not all at the same time. Protective but not overly aggresive.

Brad Pitt is not a manly man but George Clooney and Paul Newman are. "

I agree with that - glad somebody else shares this view about Brad Pitt.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Bill Oddie ... He's not on the Manly list either"

Madonna thinks he's manly, so manly in fact she wrote a song about him:

'Bill Oddie, Bill Oddie, put your hands all over my body'

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Modern manly is admitting you like watching chick-flicks and you lurve Eurovision …

thats me fucked then.."

Now that is a manly statement to make if ever there was one

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

** and not in a 'ghey way' Thank you for bringing funkey's post to my attention - he is so easily missed

Cheek! "

Yep - both of them - so easily mistaken for a manly bottom

Reply privately

over a year ago

"A man's man...The ruggered look and one that is just pwwwoooaaarrr Yep and that is still valid today. "

That counts me out then

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't mind how UNmanly my men meets are just so long as my women meets aren't manly

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Modern manly is admitting you like watching chick-flicks and you lurve Eurovision …

thats me fucked then..Now that is a manly statement to make if ever there was one "

the very term 'rom com' and thats that..

its womens hour on the i player..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Whatever floats your boat, this is a very shallow question may I add.

Reply privately

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

** and not in a 'ghey way' Thank you for bringing funkey's post to my attention - he is so easily missed

Cheek! Yep - both of them - so easily mistaken for a manly bottom "

Touché

Reply privately

By *ancs MinxWoman
over a year ago

Burnley

"A man's man...The ruggered look and one that is just pwwwoooaaarrr "

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Whatever floats your boat, this is a very shallow question may I add."
What is a shallow question - the definition and general perception of "manly" in todays society as opposed to post war?

Reply privately

over a year ago

thats me fucked then.."

haha,,,, what a brilliant come-back,,, I love it lol...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Thems what can open pickle jars "
mmm i love a good pickle me

Reply privately

over a year ago

Inspired by the thread, my avatar is now 20% manlier

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

thats me fucked then..Now that is a manly statement to make if ever there was one

its womens hour on the i player.."

Now I am quivering in adoration of that manly man at the other end of the site

Reply privately

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

A Real Man..

Does Not Need A MIRROR..

EVERY TEN FOOKING MINUTES

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Inspired by the thread, my avatar is now 20% manlier "
like a turd with a pint next to him

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

Hey, there is only so much manliness us women can take... you have almost made me shut up for the rest of the evening just admiring the avatar...

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Rrowrr

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"A Real Man..

Does Not Need A MIRROR..

EVERY TEN FOOKING MINUTES "

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

thats me fucked then..Now that is a manly statement to make if ever there was one

its womens hour on the i player.. Now I am quivering in adoration of that manly man at the other end of the site "

you know something about Jane Garvey you want to share..?

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

its womens hour on the i player.. Now I am quivering in adoration of that manly man at the other end of the site

you know something about Jane Garvey you want to share..?"

OMG that is even more manly - that deflection of a compliment - sooo rugged and sexy

Soxy, eat your heart out tonight

Reply privately

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Thems what can open pickle jars mmm i love a good pickle me "
Me too You re in good company xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Inspired by the thread, my avatar is now 20% manlier Hey, there is only so much manliness us women can take... you have almost made me shut up for the rest of the evening just admiring the avatar..."

Its nice to be appreciated - I will now carry you to bed before flexing my muscles whilst singing a selection of Disney songs!

Reply privately

By *renchbambi xWoman
over a year ago

Need to know basis

Nowadays men feel they have to work out, go to the gym, pump iron, build up articifial muscles to feel like real men! In my honest opinion they are going wrong and are being very very shallow and self centered. Those guys who lift weights to look good are ony men in the genetic sense!

A man is a hunter gatherer! Primal, animal, viril!

Only my opinion of course.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I can open pickle jars

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Brad Pitt is not a manly man but George Clooney and Paul Newman are. I agree with that - glad somebody else shares this view about Brad Pitt. "

Neither is David Beckham, sexy but not manly x

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

its womens hour on the i player.. Now I am quivering in adoration of that manly man at the other end of the site

you know something about Jane Garvey you want to share..?OMG that is even more manly - that deflection of a compliment - sooo rugged and sexy

Soxy, eat your heart out tonight "

Babe, real men dont get compliments from chicks/honeys/hotties(choose ones prefered cliche)..

as Dude's we do the complimenting..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Alan Titchmarsh?...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nowadays men feel they have to work out, go to the gym, pump iron, build up articifial muscles to feel like real men! In my honest opinion they are going wrong and are being very very shallow and self centered. Those guys who lift weights to look good are ony men in the genetic sense!

Only my opinion of course. "

How true! I'm often to be found hunter gathering in the menswear section of TK Maxx or lurking over da YSL counter in Boots

Reply privately

over a year ago

"With regards to celebrities though I do think the likes of Hugh Jackman and Gerard Butler do a good job of portraying well rounded, masculine male figures - you could picture either man lugging a fridge up a flight of stairs or breaking up a fight, but also chasing their kids around the park going 'RAAAARGH!' before tackling them."

Manly guys tackling?

Gareth Thomas springs to mind!

Wouldn't want to get in a physical argument with him - but I'm sure there's a few 'less manly' guys out there that wouldn't say no to him 'tackling them from behind!'

A true sporting legend and a seriously brave bloke for coming out the way he did!

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Inspired by the thread, my avatar is now 20% manlier Hey, there is only so much manliness us women can take... you have almost made me shut up for the rest of the evening just admiring the avatar...

Its nice to be appreciated - I will now carry you to bed before flexing my muscles whilst singing a selection of Disney songs!"

I just spilt my green tea all over the key board

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

you know something about Jane Garvey you want to share..?OMG that is even more manly - that deflection of a compliment - sooo rugged and sexy

Soxy, eat your heart out tonight

Babe, real men dont get compliments from chicks/honeys/hotties(choose ones prefered cliche)..

as Dude's we do the complimenting..

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Soxy, eat your heart out tonight "

Don’t worry about me Affro…..

I’m just flicking through a mens magazine here looking at all the adverts for masculine products which all seem to contain homo erotic male models ........

Reply privately

over a year ago

they're not artificial muscles that bloke what went in bb house Mr paparazzi those are artificial you think lifting iron is artificial; they're real things and we really lift them.

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

I always found Robbie Coltrane in Cracker a really manly role - anybody else agree?

Reply privately

By *renchbambi xWoman
over a year ago

Need to know basis

"I always found Robbie Coltrane in Cracker a really manly role - anybody else agree?"

F**k yes! Love Robbie....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I always found Robbie Coltrane in Cracker a really manly role - anybody else agree?"

I never saw Cracker, but did watch him recently in an old Comic Strip episode 'Strike!' in which he plays a movie producer, coal miner AND Marlon Brando and is amazing in all three roles, he's an incredibly talented actor.

Reply privately

By *renchbambi xWoman
over a year ago

Need to know basis

Only my opinion of course. they're not artificial muscles that bloke what went in bb house Mr paparazzi those are artificial you think lifting iron is artificial; they're real things and we really lift them. "

So sorry but I have tried more than once to understand what you meant...and I still cant. Would you mind clarifying?

Reply privately

By *renchbambi xWoman
over a year ago

Need to know basis

How true! I'm often to be found hunter gathering in the menswear section of TK Maxx or lurking over da YSL counter in Boots "

You'll probably have a sling shot to hit the lovely sales assistants!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Only my opinion of course. they're not artificial muscles that bloke what went in bb house Mr paparazzi those are artificial you think lifting iron is artificial; they're real things and we really lift them.

So sorry but I have tried more than once to understand what you meant...and I still cant. Would you mind clarifying? "

Oh I'd just it flow chuck - each to their own n all that. Peace - love - n thingy me stuff.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm manly I'm strong but gentle, outgoing but shy, dommanant but submissive and fucking good in bed lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

How true! I'm often to be found hunter gathering in the menswear section of TK Maxx or lurking over da YSL counter in Boots

You'll probably have a sling shot to hit the lovely sales assistants!! "

Comes in VERY HANDY during me shoplifting sprees Now THAT is manly - lifting a shop

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I'm manly I'm strong but gentle, outgoing but shy, dommanant but submissive and fucking good in bed lol "
Oh heck, trust my luck - just left your age zone...

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

You'll probably have a sling shot to hit the lovely sales assistants!!

Comes in VERY HANDY during me shoplifting sprees Now THAT is manly - lifting a shop "

Innit just

Reply privately

over a year ago

Only my opinion of course. they're not artificial muscles that bloke what went in bb house Mr paparazzi those are artificial you think lifting iron is artificial; they're real things and we really lift them.

So sorry but I have tried more than once to understand what you meant...and I still cant. Would you mind clarifying? "

lifting weighs is not artificial. If we took steroids or infected stuff or got an operation to put in fake pecks n stuff that's artificial but lifting weights is not it's just doing something for yourself because you enjoy it and want to look good and reach your genetic potential it's offensive to me to say that's artificial if you eat natural lift natural its stimulating hard work. Not artificial.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have just experienced first hand what it is to be around a 'real man'!

Here is my story . . .

As i (a mere female) made my attempt to dispose of the rubbish i remembered my wheelie bin is full to the brim and unable to take in any more in before Friday morning

What do i do? Who can i turn to?!

What is this - who is this beautiful figure in white (and denim!) coming towards me?!

It is my knight in shining Armour, the answers to my prayers, my hero in the night, my God - OBI!! (at which point i gushed on the spot!)

He saw my feeble girlie strength as i struggled to drag the giant black bag (that is actually white! ) towards my front door, he took mercy on me and reached for the bag to relieve me from my suffering

It was then, that very moment i saw the strength this Man (sent to me from the heavens) has as he flung the bag high in the air and over his shoulder, then strolled towards the door

He tackled the wheelie bin in a fight to the death, My heart raced in fear of the unknown, but then - i felt my heart skip a beat as i saw him triumph over the black beast and the lid forced down, finally remaining down in defeat

The gushing continued!

I then fell into his arms wondering what i ever did to deserve such a gift - such a sex god! - and we made our way to the sofa . . . to sign back onto Fab

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

" Would you mind clarifying? lifting weighs is not artificial. If we took steroids or infected stuff or got an operation to put in fake pecks n stuff that's artificial but lifting weights is not it's just doing something for yourself because you enjoy it and want to look good and reach your genetic potential it's offensive to me to say that's artificial if you eat natural lift natural its stimulating hard work. Not artificial."
You are quite right -the process of lifting weights is not artificial and it is one way of keeping fit, strong and build on those muscles.

I think in the context of "manly" it was more meant like a statement that bodybuilding alone does not make a man manly - I dont think any offense was meant.

Reply privately

over a year ago

So sorry but I have tried more than once to understand what you meant...and I still cant. Would you mind clarifying? lifting weighs is not artificial. If we took steroids or infected stuff or got an operation to put in fake pecks n stuff that's artificial but lifting weights is not it's just doing something for yourself because you enjoy it and want to look good and reach your genetic potential it's offensive to me to say that's artificial if you eat natural lift natural its stimulating hard work. Not artificial."

The opposing view held by some people however, might be, that's it's as 'natural' as a face full of botox!

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

" lifting weighs is not artificial. If we took steroids or infected stuff or got an operation to put in fake pecks n stuff that's artificial but lifting weights is not it's just doing something for yourself because you enjoy it and want to look good and reach your genetic potential it's offensive to me to say that's artificial if you eat natural lift natural its stimulating hard work. Not artificial."

which has what to do with the thread..?

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I have just experienced first hand what it is to be around a 'real man'!

Here is my story . . .

As i (a mere female) made my attempt to dispose of the rubbish i remembered my wheelie bin is full to the brim and unable to take in any more in before Friday morning

What is this - who is this beautiful figure in white (and denim!) coming towards me?!

It is my knight in shining Armour, the answers to my prayers, my hero in the night, my God - OBI!! (at which point i gushed on the spot!)

He saw my feeble girlie strength as i struggled to drag the giant black bag (that is actually white! ) towards my front door, he took mercy on me and reached for the bag to relieve me from my suffering

It was then, that very moment i saw the strength this Man (sent to me from the heavens) has as he flung the bag high in the air and over his shoulder, then strolled towards the door

He tackled the wheelie bin in a fight to the death, My heart raced in fear of the unknown, but then - i felt my heart skip a beat as i saw him triumph over the black beast and the lid forced down, finally remaining down in defeat

The gushing continued!

I then fell into his arms wondering what i ever did to deserve such a gift - such a sex god! - and we made our way to the sofa . . . to sign back onto Fab "

Absolutely brilliant

Reply privately

over a year ago

A man is someone who isn't afraid to get their hands dirty and can do stuff that women can't do. Such as open pickle jars and park cars, lol. Facing a backlash over they comment I think lol

Reply privately

By * Jay69Man
over a year ago

Bridgwater - Somerset

Some good comments here.

Undoing jars is a male talent but technique is important - Do you ladies want your tops or bottoms screwed off?

Taller than the lady is good - but mainly for getting things down from tall shelves.

As a late 50's guy my 'manliness' is probably more traditional than most.

Soap and shampoo (plus shower gel) are all that is needed, mirror used twice a day.

Hold doors open etc.

Be quietly capable - mend a toy, fix a car, wire a plug, cook a decent meal.

Not boastful but self deprecating.

Was brought up not to cry - but will, sometimes, even to books or films.

Lastly (I may be stuck in one of Funky's time warp/parallel universes here)

Real men wear speedos to swim

Reply privately

By *renchbambi xWoman
over a year ago

Need to know basis

So sorry but I have tried more than once to understand what you meant...and I still cant. Would you mind clarifying? lifting weighs is not artificial. If we took steroids or infected stuff or got an operation to put in fake pecks n stuff that's artificial but lifting weights is not it's just doing something for yourself because you enjoy it and want to look good and reach your genetic potential it's offensive to me to say that's artificial if you eat natural lift natural its stimulating hard work. Not artificial."

ah! I see that we have a mis-understanding. I never meant offence to gym goers, iron pumping people. I go to the gym 3/4 times per week and have recently started lifting weights, mostly to strengthen my right wrists that I broke in 3 places following a motorbike accident (no other reaon).

What I meant is that a long time ago men did not have dumb bells and weights, they ate 5/6 courses meals, threw tree trunks over their shoulders for fun and giggles, they were forces of nature, they were bigger, stronger and far more manly than they are nowadays...because life was alot harder and more demanding. I am not criticizing anyone nor am I judging anyone. When I spoke of artificial I was referring to the fact that strength is not inherrent! I might be wrong but beleive me I never meant to offend anyone. My preference is for men who are naturally manly...and if that means that they do not look like a male model, I will ove them for it! My choice, my preference and you have to respect that.

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Some good comments here.

Undoing jars is a male talent but technique is important - Do you ladies want your tops or bottoms screwed off?

Taller than the lady is good - but mainly for getting things down from tall shelves.

Soap and shampoo (plus shower gel) are all that is needed, mirror used twice a day.

Hold doors open etc.

Real men wear speedos to swim "

Pure sex god in my eyes

Reply privately

over a year ago

" lifting weighs is not artificial. If we took steroids or infected stuff or got an operation to put in fake pecks n stuff that's artificial but lifting weights is not it's just doing something for yourself because you enjoy it and want to look good and reach your genetic potential it's offensive to me to say that's artificial if you eat natural lift natural its stimulating hard work. Not artificial. I was asked to clarify my statement on someone's belief so ask them.

which has what to do with the thread..?"

Reply privately

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"A man is someone who isn't afraid to get their hands dirty and can do stuff that women can't do. Such as open pickle jars and park cars, lol. Facing a backlash over they comment I think lol"
You are after some lashings?;-)

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/06/13 23:02:13]

Reply privately

By * Jay69Man
over a year ago

Bridgwater - Somerset

"Some good comments here.

Hold doors open etc.

Real men wear speedos to swim

Pure sex god in my eyes "

Are real men allowed to swoon with delight?

Oh, add to the above - Real men have beards.

You have to admit - Brian Blessed is rather butch! Just right for Bambi?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I have just experienced first hand what it is to be around a 'real man'!

Here is my story . . .

The gushing continued!

I then fell into his arms wondering what i ever did to deserve such a gift - such a sex god! - and we made our way to the sofa . . . to sign back onto Fab

Absolutely brilliant "

Thank you!

And almost the whole truth

It made him smile at least

Reply privately

over a year ago

Real men eat quiche!

*and cake and donuts!

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

" lifting weighs is not artificial. If we took steroids or infected stuff or got an operation to put in fake pecks n stuff that's artificial but lifting weights is not it's just doing something for yourself because you enjoy it and want to look good and reach your genetic potential it's offensive to me to say that's artificial if you eat natural lift natural its stimulating hard work. Not artificial. I was asked to clarify my statement on someone's belief so ask them.

which has what to do with the thread..?"

theirs did clarify it to a point but are you saying that for you pumping iron etc is what you perceive to be manly..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm manly I'm strong but gentle, outgoing but shy, dommanant but submissive and fucking good in bed lol Oh heck, trust my luck - just left your age zone..."
i try to be flexible with my age range I go more for the person than there age xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Real men eat quiche!

*and cake and donuts! "

real men cook quiche..

Reply privately

over a year ago

theirs did clarify it to a point but are you saying that for you pumping iron etc is what you perceive to be manly.."

n it certainly aint 'natural'

Reply privately

over a year ago

i could tuck my cock in and look like a girl..

honestly, I dont feel I have a manly look, or a manly outlook

people are people, regardless of sexuality,gender etc etc

Reply privately

over a year ago

theirs did clarify it to a point but are you saying that for you pumping iron etc is what you perceive to be manly.."

no just I don't like it being called artificial.

Reply privately

By *renchbambi xWoman
over a year ago

Need to know basis

"Real men eat quiche!

*and cake and donuts!

real men cook quiche.. "

real men do not know what quiche is

Reply privately

By *renchbambi xWoman
over a year ago

Need to know basis

"i could tuck my cock in and look like a girl..

people are people, regardless of sexuality,gender etc etc"

Yeah....but your bum does all the talking!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Real men eat quiche!

*and cake and donuts!

real men cook quiche..

real men do not know what quiche is "

Isn't it some kind of wild animal - like a cross between a honey badger and a lion?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think jobs have a lot to do with peoples idea of manly

A lot of people see jobs like a builder, mechanic etc as manly jobs where as guys who are hair dressers always seem to have their sexuality questioned

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

theirs did clarify it to a point but are you saying that for you pumping iron etc is what you perceive to be manly.. no just I don't like it being called artificial."

fair point..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Real men eat quiche!

*and cake and donuts!

real men cook quiche..

Exactly I call it cheese flan

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Real men eat quiche!

*and cake and donuts!

real men cook quiche..

Exactly I call it cheese flan "

and no brocolli..

Reply privately

By * Jay69Man
over a year ago

Bridgwater - Somerset

"Real men eat quiche!

*and cake and donuts!

real men cook quiche..

Real men know what a savoury custard and cheese flan is - it's a savoury custard and cheese flan.

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

people are people, regardless of sexuality,gender etc etc"

You might not look manly, but you are all man.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yeah....but your bum does all the talking!!! "

thats called a fart..unless I get bumsickness

Reply privately

over a year ago

You might not look manly, but you are all man."

ur such a sweetheart...wish i was fucking ur pie...OOPS!..I mean huggling in spoonering cosyness xxxx

Reply privately

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

ur such a sweetheart...wish i was fucking ur pie...OOPS!..I mean huggling in spoonering cosyness xxxx"

I don't do huggling and spooning. Get your cock out.

Reply privately

By * Jay69Man
over a year ago

Bridgwater - Somerset

A real man knows when to get his cock out.

Reply privately

over a year ago

ur such a sweetheart...wish i was fucking ur pie...OOPS!..I mean huggling in spoonering cosyness xxxx

I don't do huggling and spooning. Get your cock out. "

Im shy!

Reply privately

over a year ago

A real man knows how to use his power tool.

Reply privately

over a year ago

theirs did clarify it to a point but are you saying that for you pumping iron etc is what you perceive to be manly.. no just I don't like it being called artificial.

fair point.."

I'd still call it artificial because it's a shape created within an artificial environment with the intention to develop a certain contour delineated body. Natural musculature definition is something achieved from everyday activity such as carrying heavy loads at work in building trade or farmwork or being a lumberjack etc

Reply privately

By *eareenaCouple
over a year ago

Rockford

I'm one of the rare women that likes facial hair... I just think its sexy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think jobs have a lot to do with peoples idea of manly

A lot of people see jobs like a builder, mechanic etc as manly jobs where as guys who are hair dressers always seem to have their sexuality questioned "

To a point, but that's just perecption. I have always worked in what would be deemed 'manly' occupations, but have known some right tarts (I apply this term to both sexes equally) and posers who cry for their mum when things get tough. Manly is subjective depending on whoever is considering it..

Reply privately

By * Jay69Man
over a year ago

Bridgwater - Somerset

"I'm one of the rare women that likes facial hair... I just think its sexy. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm one of the rare women that likes facial hair... I just think its sexy. "

I look ill without any and detest having to wet shave daily.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm one of the rare women that likes facial hair... I just think its sexy.

I look ill without any and detest having to wet shave daily."

I look better with facial hair too

Reply privately

By *renchbambi xWoman
over a year ago

Need to know basis

"Real men eat quiche!

*and cake and donuts!

real men cook quiche..

Isn't it some kind of wild animal - like a cross between a honey badger and a lion? "

More like an open-faced pastry crust with a filling of YOUR choice No animals will be harmed in the making of this "Quiche"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm one of the rare women that likes facial hair... I just think its sexy.

I look ill without any and detest having to wet shave daily."

YES I would have to agree u DO have something of a pre Raphaelite look about u! A certain fragility which no doubt plenty of women find attractive I woulda thort!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Weightlifting 'unnatural'?

Its like Bambi said further up, in our grandparents days and before, life was far more physical and labour intensive, a man got to be strong and fit simply by doing his job as a coalminer, foundry worker, hay bailer, farmhand etc. These days life and our jobs are far more sedentary, and so the gym is there to offer the kind of weightlifting challenges those who still see strength and physicality as important attributes of being a MAN - there's nothing unnatural about a male wanting to be big and strong, in fact, its as natural as living and breathing.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Weightlifting 'unnatural'?

Its like Bambi said further up, in our grandparents days and before, life was far more physical and labour intensive, a man got to be strong and fit simply by doing his job as a coalminer, foundry worker, hay bailer, farmhand etc. These days life and our jobs are far more sedentary, and so the gym is there to offer the kind of weightlifting challenges those who still see strength and physicality as important attributes of being a MAN - there's nothing unnatural about a male wanting to be big and strong, in fact, its as natural as living and breathing."

Damn! That's me out of the MAN club then!

I've never felt the need to change my shape to appear more manly! Maybe i should quit my job and get 'down't pit'!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I've never felt the need to change my shape to appear more manly! Maybe i should quit my job and get 'down't pit'!! "

I'd agree with that Obi!

I go to the gym for entirely different reasons than most.

Nothing to do with looking more manly for me.

Like guys that walk past shop fucking windows looking at themselves.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Being manly is making sure that if your wearing ultra tight spandex shorts at the gym they are not an uber-ghey colour….

Reply privately

By *renchbambi xWoman
over a year ago

Need to know basis

"Being manly is making sure that if your wearing ultra tight spandex shorts at the gym they are not an uber-ghey colour…. "

Haha! I knew there was another reason I go to the gym so often

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Being manly is making sure that if your wearing ultra tight spandex shorts at the gym they are not an uber-ghey colour….

Haha! I knew there was another reason I go to the gym so often "

The guys wearing day-glo leg-warmers are a bit suspect though...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"someone who is assertive, doesnt let people boss them about."

That's how I got the asbo

Reply privately