Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

For the Ladies - Self tan

Jump to newest

By *msmith OP   Woman
over a year ago

bristol

Hi,

I'm thinking of self tanning my arms and legs (and body) since weather is picking up and I'm starting to notice how dead my legs look in a skirt compared to others..

Any advice for someone who's never self tan before? And also, is there any brand that you would recommend?

Is it better/easier to go for a spray tan salon?

Thanks!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

I'd recommend going for a spray tan, but these can still be streaky and orange.

I tend to self tan now. My favourites were St Tropez and their exfoliator and moisturiser kits are brilliant. I love Fake Bake too, but St Tropez is the winner. If you are on a budget, Home and Bargains do St. Moritz which is under a fiver and very good still.

If you are going to self tan, use old clothes and bedding as it can come off. Also have a good practice and don't use a lot, just use small amounts as you can always top it up but takes days to wash off.

Whatever you decide make sure you exfoliate and use moisturiser.

Happy tanning from a fake tan-aholic

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

*Home and Bargains is called something like Home Bargain I think

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Exfoliate, exfoliate and exfoliate!!!

I prefer to use moisturiser with a hint of self tan as I find they build up the colour gradually so you don't get a drastic change to orange and less likely to get streaks.

crystal

over a year ago

After my last experience i wont give you advice i spent 2 hours trying to scrub it off

over a year ago

I use St Moriz. It's a foam and dries pretty quick and don't ever get streaks. Exfoliate well, especially at the knees, elbows and feet! I use a mitt for good coverage except on my feet where I use latex gloves to get between the toes!

over a year ago

If you are going to self tan then don't wasteoney on cheap tans, they smell strongly and they are streaky on dry patches of skin so it will be uneven

I have only used St Tropez or Fake Bake. Both go on like mud the night before and looking darker. Go in the shower the following morning and it will look lovely. It doesn't smell either.

Make sure you shave and moisturise well before putting on, put extra moisturiser on ankles, hands, elbows etc. I always use an old towel to gently wipe of excess tan on feet, ankles, around finger nails etc. Fake tan looks terrible and dirty looking around hands and ankles.

It does take practice but my biggest tip is buy theist expensive you can afford. For a decent one you are looking at £30 ish a bottle. Your White skin would look better than cheap, streaky, strong smelling fake tan

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

"I use St Moriz. It's a foam and dries pretty quick and don't ever get streaks. Exfoliate well, especially at the knees, elbows and feet! I use a mitt for good coverage except on my feet where I use latex gloves to get between the toes! "

I've started using this and love it. It hasn't a strong sickly smell either.

I've got a box of latex gloves too from B&Q.

If you want to try an instant wash off tan first, I'd recommend Rimmel sunshimmer. It looks like gravy liquid but I mix it with baby lotion to lighten it up if it's too dark.

By *msmith OP   Woman
over a year ago

bristol

Thanks!! Will give it a go this weekend! wish me luck!

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"I use St Moriz. It's a foam and dries pretty quick and don't ever get streaks. Exfoliate well, especially at the knees, elbows and feet! I use a mitt for good coverage except on my feet where I use latex gloves to get between the toes! "

Haha how funny is that. Does your mitten have string attached and thread through your coat to the other side to stop you losing it?

Op, I have heard diluted Camp coffee is good for a mature looking tan.

over a year ago

"Hi,

I'm thinking of self tanning my arms and legs (and body) since weather is picking up and I'm starting to notice how dead my legs look in a skirt compared to others..

Any advice for someone who's never self tan before? And also, is there any brand that you would recommend?

Is it better/easier to go for a spray tan salon?

Thanks!!"

Bisto? or if pushed for cash oxo cubes but avoid the rain!

over a year ago

"I use St Moriz. It's a foam and dries pretty quick and don't ever get streaks. Exfoliate well, especially at the knees, elbows and feet! I use a mitt for good coverage except on my feet where I use latex gloves to get between the toes!

Haha how funny is that. Does your mitten have string attached and thread through your coat to the other side to stop you losing it?

Op, I have heard diluted Camp coffee is good for a mature looking tan. "

No its a single mitten

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"I use St Moriz. It's a foam and dries pretty quick and don't ever get streaks. Exfoliate well, especially at the knees, elbows and feet! I use a mitt for good coverage except on my feet where I use latex gloves to get between the toes!

Op, I have heard diluted Camp coffee is good for a mature looking tan.

No its a single mitten "

Our names look pretty cool together. On Saturday it's your turn to be Red Noair

over a year ago

Ha ha not a chance!!!!

P. S you're still not allowed within 500yds of me. I see you earlier, if I see you again I'm calling the ol' bill!

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Ha ha not a chance!!!!

P. S you're still not allowed within 500yds of me. I see you earlier, if I see you again I'm calling the ol' bill! "

You know you will change it. It's only a matter of time. Your destined to be my stalkee

over a year ago

"Ha ha not a chance!!!!

P. S you're still not allowed within 500yds of me. I see you earlier, if I see you again I'm calling the ol' bill!

You know you will change it. It's only a matter of time. Your destined to be my stalkee "

Seems I've had no choice in the matter!!

Post new Message to Thread