Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Taliban

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Seems the Americans are about to open peace talks with the Taliban. Seems to me that we will never learn and the only way to solve disputes is to do what most species cannot and that is talk! Messers Bush and Blair take note how many lives has it cost to get to the peace table? And if the NSA or GCHQ are monitoring this then up yours!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Seems the Americans are about to open peace talks with the Taliban. Seems to me that we will never learn and the only way to solve disputes is to do what most species cannot and that is talk! Messers Bush and Blair take note how many lives has it cost to get to the peace table? And if the NSA or GCHQ are monitoring this then up yours!"

If it happens it's a step in the right direction!

I sincerely hope any talks prove successful at brokering a lasting peace. But attitudes must change on both sides before a civilised resolve can be come of talks…

over a year ago

"Seems the Americans are about to open peace talks with the Taliban. Seems to me that we will never learn and the only way to solve disputes is to do what most species cannot and that is talk! Messers Bush and Blair take note how many lives has it cost to get to the peace table? And if the NSA or GCHQ are monitoring this then up yours!"

Why do bush who i never liked and blair get the blame first and foremost is fact if twin towers were not destroyed and thousands killed by osama bin ladens terrorists then afghanistan would have been left alone.

over a year ago

Surely it was Al-Qaeda who claimed responsibility for the Twin Towers atroicity

But if I’m reading this right the proposed talks are with the Taliban,,,,,,,,,,not with Al-Qaeda...

over a year ago

"Surely it was Al-Qaeda who claimed responsibility for the Twin Towers atroicity

But if I’m reading this right the proposed talks are with the Taliban,,,,,,,,,,not with Al-Qaeda...

"

As far as am aware bin ladens al qaueda were based and traced to afghanistan hence the pursuit yes innocent lives have been lost but what about the folk killed on 9/11 i have no sympathy for the terrorists and those who shield them. The moaners should show same empathy for 9/11 and 7/7 victims

over a year ago

And if the Yanks hadn't used Afghanistan to fight the USSR for a decade because they didn't have the balls themselves - then just say 'thanks & goodbye' - Al-Qaeda probably wouldn't have been born in the first place.

over a year ago

Al-Qaeda are not exclusively Taliban,

It’s just popular a misconception that all Taliban are Al-Qaeda

Peace talks with the Taliban does not mean the west is in negotiation with Al-Qaeda…

over a year ago

dont the taliban fight for the ideal of al qaeda

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"Seems the Americans are about to open peace talks with the Taliban. Seems to me that we will never learn and the only way to solve disputes is to do what most species cannot and that is talk! Messers Bush and Blair take note how many lives has it cost to get to the peace table? And if the NSA or GCHQ are monitoring this then up yours!

If it happens it's a step in the right direction!

I sincerely hope any talks prove successful at brokering a lasting peace. But attitudes must change on both sides before a civilised resolve can be come of talks…

"

seconded!

over a year ago

If you can't beat them....

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"And if the Yanks hadn't used Afghanistan to fight the USSR for a decade because they didn't have the balls themselves - then just say 'thanks & goodbye' - Al-Qaeda probably wouldn't have been born in the first place."
a very good point the Reagan administration armed the Taliban to the teeth to fight the Soviets. That said we have much the same situation in Syria?

Post new Message to Thread