Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Suits, Shirts & Ties

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just watching the ITV News (yeah i'm pretty boring like that lol) and have noticed that nearly every man featured, weather it was for a court appearance, attending the G8 summit, or just being interviewed were NOT wearing ties.

Is the suit becoming more informal and casual? I like men in a suit, shirt & tie.

Men are you more casual or are you keen to wearing a tie?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *igSuki81Man
over a year ago

Retirement Village

I do my best to not wear a tie as it feels like a noose round my neck

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I love wearing a suit, with shirt and kipper tie, tied in a full Windsor knot.

over a year ago

"I do my best to not wear a tie as it feels like a noose round my neck "

but surely if your wearing a correctly fitted shirt with the button done up it shouldnt feel like that.

By *igSuki81Man
over a year ago

Retirement Village

"I do my best to not wear a tie as it feels like a noose round my neck

but surely if your wearing a correctly fitted shirt with the button done up it shouldnt feel like that. "

Nope it still feels that way even if i loosen the tie. Its probably less to do with the clothing and just my take on it.

I will still wear one but it has to be an exceptional occaision like a job interview but the minute im clear tie comes off straight away

over a year ago

but surely if your wearing a correctly fitted shirt with the button done up it shouldnt feel like that.

Nope it still feels that way even if i loosen the tie. Its probably less to do with the clothing and just my take on it.

I will still wear one but it has to be an exceptional occaision like a job interview but the minute im clear tie comes off straight away"

ah think i know where your coming from, so its not a physical issue but more of a mental 'i have to be super formal, straight back, all my pleases & thank you's etc' and you cant relax until that barrier is removed

over a year ago

I really like wearing a tie actually, although I hardly ever wear them at the moment...

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

I hardly ever wear a tie now unless its a big boy meeting.

The last few years have seen people wear them less and less. It's generally just suit and shirt - depending on the industry of course.

over a year ago

I prefer the tie to be undone anyway, it's much more seeeeeexy

By *igSuki81Man
over a year ago

Retirement Village

I will still wear one but it has to be an exceptional occaision like a job interview but the minute im clear tie comes off straight away

ah think i know where your coming from, so its not a physical issue but more of a mental 'i have to be super formal, straight back, all my pleases & thank you's etc' and you cant relax until that barrier is removed"

Sort of, i use pleases and thank you's without the formal need. To me personally its just the thought of something round my neck to stangle me tbh. I may not be the best person to comment as you made a general observation and my response is more specific to how it makes me feel

over a year ago

Wear a tie every working day even although many guys in the same line of business don't. But it's the way I was brought up, work wise!

Interestingly, when combining business and pleasure and I've forgotten to take my tie off, a certain lady rather likes the look! And co-incidentally earlier this afternoon, chatting to the same lady, she asked what I was wearing. I told her but as I'd finished work my collar was unbuttoned and my tie was loosened. She reckoned that was a sexy look!

Post new Message to Thread