Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Pen-pals

Jump to newest

By *icketysplits OP   Woman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

The story on Breakfast this morning of the pen-pals that have been writing to each other since the War reminded me of my pen-pals.

I don't think Twittwat friends will be quite the same thing.

Did you have a pen-pal? Where were they? Are you still in touch?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

I used to have a pencil friend. He was called HB. Our relationship was sketchy with a long drawn out break up.

over a year ago

"I used to have a pencil friend. He was called HB. Our relationship was sketchy with a long drawn out break up."

Did you wear him down with your demands? Worked him to a frazzle until he was just a shadow of his former self?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Something i would love to have but never know how to go about it

over a year ago

Pen pals - they'd be a rare breed nowadays!!

over a year ago

"Something i would love to have but never know how to go about it "

What makes you want one? There are people who would welcome a letter but I'd be shot with Exocet missiles if I mentioned them on here.

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"I used to have a pencil friend. He was called HB. Our relationship was sketchy with a long drawn out break up.

Did you wear him down with your demands? Worked him to a frazzle until he was just a shadow of his former self?"

Yes and then I pushed him into a hole with a blade inside and it tore his head off.

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Used to love having penpals when I was at school.

Can still remember 2 of their addresses, which is strange as most of the time I cant remember my own...

over a year ago

"I used to have a pencil friend. He was called HB. Our relationship was sketchy with a long drawn out break up.

Did you wear him down with your demands? Worked him to a frazzle until he was just a shadow of his former self?

Yes and then I pushed him into a hole with a blade inside and it tore his head off."

I'm glad we're just internet friends.

over a year ago

"Used to love having penpals when I was at school.

Can still remember 2 of their addresses, which is strange as most of the time I cant remember my own..."

I remember the address of the old couple I used to write to in Connecticut.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I used to have a pencil friend. He was called HB. Our relationship was sketchy with a long drawn out break up."

I don't see the point of that. Was he lead on at all? Did you or he provide the rubbers?

By *affy72Woman
over a year ago

Herefordshire

Back in my school days, I had a French pen pal... my French was never very good and as a consequence she was very grumpy! Our letter writing friendship did not last long

over a year ago

Yes and then I pushed him into a hole with a blade inside and it tore his head off.

I'm glad we're just internet friends. "

Poison pen friend, maybe?

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

I'm glad we're just internet friends. "

We are not internet friends. We are internet soul-mates.

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

I signed up to be an army pen-pal once through Dear Diedre in The Sun newspaper so anyone looking could always contact her to see if they can arrange anything...

I did it because I miss the physical writing of letters and it's a good way to keep morale up out in the forces.

Got talking to a lovely young man but one day his letters just stopped and then I could've sworn I heard his name on the news as having died in action. I hope to God it wasn't actually him and he just lost interest but I can't be sure.

Was given contacts to speak to others but just never took it up.

- Amy. x

over a year ago

We are not internet friends. We are internet soul-mates."

I hope that keeps me safe from the blade.

over a year ago

"I signed up to be an army pen-pal once through Dear Diedre in The Sun newspaper so anyone looking could always contact her to see if they can arrange anything...

I did it because I miss the physical writing of letters and it's a good way to keep morale up out in the forces.

Got talking to a lovely young man but one day his letters just stopped and then I could've sworn I heard his name on the news as having died in action. I hope to God it wasn't actually him and he just lost interest but I can't be sure.

Was given contacts to speak to others but just never took it up.

- Amy. x"

That is a good letter writing scheme. Thanks for posting.

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

We are not internet friends. We are internet soul-mates.

I hope that keeps me safe from the blade."

No I have something very special lined up for you my pretty.

Muha

Muha

Muhahahahahahaahhhahahahahahhhhhahaaaaahhahahahahh cough haha

over a year ago

"Something i would love to have but never know how to go about it "

There is adds in the back of soldier magazine all the time and I did wright a few when was on tour but never stayed in touch is hard when you move around so much

over a year ago

The best way is to pm me your address Hun

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"Something i would love to have but never know how to go about it

What makes you want one? There are people who would welcome a letter but I'd be shot with Exocet missiles if I mentioned them on here."

I've had ones in America, France, Germany and Spain when I was at school. A polish girl who went to our school left and went back to Poland when we were 14 and I wrote to get for a while. Most of these stopped when I discovered the pub and boys!

I did also used to send blueys to a lot of my friends in the parachure regiment as I used to work in a pub where they drank so kept in contact while they were away for months at a time as the pub was very quiet!! Lol x

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I have had many a pen pal...Interesting reading some of them...Don't keep in contact with any of them now..

over a year ago

"I have had many a pen pal...Interesting reading some of them...Don't keep in contact with any of them now.. "

My German pen-pal found me on the internet about 15 years ago. I have an unusual name but she sent this funny little message saying "Are you my [insert my name]?" I flew over and spent a weekend with her.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I had a pen pal for years, unfortunately he was killed by insurgents a few years ago.

over a year ago

"I had a pen pal for years, unfortunately he was killed by insurgents a few years ago. "

Post new Message to Thread