Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Rummaging in bins.....

Jump to newest

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

Just discovered that I threw Wednesday's National lottery tickets away with the Tuesday Euromillions tickets without checking the former.

Looks like a good rummage when I get home for all the parts as I always tear them into pieces..only used tea bags and orange peel on top as far as I can remember.

So what have you thrown away only to go rummaging .. ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

There’s still five unclaimed prizes of 1 million pound each from previous Euro raffle draws earlier this year…..

By *eareenaCouple
over a year ago

Rockford

I once lost my wedding ring in the trash... Later found out that's where it belonged

By *opping_candyWoman
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

I got an irate phone call from my head of year at uni asking where my language assignment that was due in several weeks previously was. I had handed it in but could I find the hand in receipt? Could I fuck. Having had a huge tidy out and clean up the previous day, I trawled through everything to find it. Luckily it turned out one of the lang department had taken it home then gone off sick and she came clean before I got too dirty.

over a year ago

Jewellery, three times.

First one was my mother's engagement ring, put it between a couple of magazines when I was living in temporary accommodation for the summer break, and threw it out by mistake. Could not find it and was lost forever.

Second one was the centre stone of another one of my mother's rings. One of the prongs holding it in place caught something and the stone dropped off when I was too busy getting d*unk at a work function.

When I woke up and realised what had happened at about 03:00h, I went downstairs and searched the place, and asked if I could empty and search the contents of the vacuum cleaner. Could not find the stone, and I have not have another piece of jewellery made with prong-set stones. Mum was not pleased, however, she said it would have been mine eventually, so it was my loss, bless her!

The latest loss was one of the diamond side stones of a sentimental 3-stone ring. It popped out of its bezel setting. Thought I might have lost it in the car (could not find it in the car) or at work, and I emptied the work's vacuum cleaner to look for it. No luck. Having it replaced at the cost of a small fortune, nevermind.

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

"Jewellery, three times.

First one was my mother's engagement ring, put it between a couple of magazines when I was living in temporary accommodation for the summer break, and threw it out by mistake. Could not find it and was lost forever.

Second one was the centre stone of another one of my mother's rings. One of the prongs holding it in place caught something and the stone dropped off when I was too busy getting d*unk at a work function.

When I woke up and realised what had happened at about 03:00h, I went downstairs and searched the place, and asked if I could empty and search the contents of the vacuum cleaner. Could not find the stone, and I have not have another piece of jewellery made with prong-set stones. Mum was not pleased, however, she said it would have been mine eventually, so it was my loss, bless her!

The latest loss was one of the diamond side stones of a sentimental 3-stone ring. It popped out of its bezel setting. Thought I might have lost it in the car (could not find it in the car) or at work, and I emptied the work's vacuum cleaner to look for it. No luck. Having it replaced at the cost of a small fortune, nevermind.

"

That's some going Pearl. ..

As to my situation the top layers were worse than my limited memory had me believe. I have most of the bits of the lottery tickets (2) now sitting on the kitchen floor drying out before I try piecing them together. On top of the orange peel and tea bags were vegetable cuttings and a fried egg sandwich that I'd puked up. Ewwww....

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

eurgh...you'd better win now lol

over a year ago

" On top of the orange peel and tea bags were vegetable cuttings and a fried egg sandwich that I'd puked up. Ewwww...."

What's wrong with the fried egg sandwich?

over a year ago

condoms...used of course!

Im into recycling

By *exycleanerWoman
over a year ago

pontefract

my smart phone down a drain

guess its not so smart now as it not work now XX

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

" On top of the orange peel and tea bags were vegetable cuttings and a fried egg sandwich that I'd puked up. Ewwww....

What's wrong with the fried egg sandwich? "

I was eating it Wednesday night after a few too many drinks. Let's just say it didn't agree with me at the time.

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

"eurgh...you'd better win now lol"

Would never be able to put my mind at rest until I know if it is or isn't.

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

Well.....the parts of two Wednesday National Lottery tickets have dried out and I plucked up courage to check them.

Unfortunately there were only three of the four parts that I'd torn them into. It was enough to discount one of the tickets as of the five numbers that were visible I had one number. On the second ticket though I had two of the five numbers so need to find the missing quarter of the ticket. It is numbers one to six (seven was the lowest visible number)....number two will give me £10 so not a lot to lose. God knows what else I have to sift through to find it.

over a year ago

The ticket would be invalid anyway if ripped up so a completely pointless exercise.

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

"The ticket would be invalid anyway if ripped up so a completely pointless exercise. "

I thought if you had all the parts it was still valid...

By *uxtapositionMan
over a year ago

CARDIFF

"I once lost my wedding ring in the trash... Later found out that's where it belonged "

brilliant !

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

"The ticket would be invalid anyway if ripped up so a completely pointless exercise. "

What if my draw-based game ticket has not been produced at all, or has been partly produced, by a Till-point Terminal? Or it has been lost, stolen or destroyed?

You should send a written notice to Prize Payout Department, The National Lottery, PO Box 287, Watford, Herts WD18 9TT. The notice should contain as much information as possible, including the game played, the relevant draw date, your chosen numbers and the date, time and place of purchase.If your ticket has not been produced at all by a Till-point Terminal, or has been lost, stolen or destroyed, you must make sure that your completed claim reaches Camelot by 5:00pm on the 30th day after the date of the relevant draw. If you have provided sufficient evidence to do so, Camelot will then inform you of your numbers (if applicable) and will investigate and consider whether or not the prize claim is valid. If your ticket would have covered more than one draw, Camelot must receive your claim by 5:00pm on the 30th day after the first draw your ticket would have been entered into.If your ticket has been partly produced, you must make sure your completed claim reaches Camelot by 5:00pm on the 180th day after the date of the relevant draw. Camelot will then determine at its discretion whether you have a valid claim. If your ticket would have covered more than one draw for the same game, Camelot must recieve your claim by 5:00pm on the 180th day after the first draw your ticket would have been entered into.More information on this is available in the Rules.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

My mate sellotaped a £5 that had been torn into several pieces (as a joke) and took it to the bank. It's ok to do this if the serial numbers are still there

By *kywatcher OP   Man
over a year ago

Southwick

"My mate sellotaped a £5 that had been torn into several pieces (as a joke) and took it to the bank. It's ok to do this if the serial numbers are still there "

As you say as long as it can be identified. ..

Post new Message to Thread