Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Neighbours house alarm

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Here we go again bloody neighbours house alarm is going off and wont stop.No intruders and this has happened before and will go on all day any suggestions how to stop it? I will do anything to stop it lol

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

ring them at 3am and tell them their alarm has been going off all day,wait a few days and see if it is fixed,if not ring again at 3am and tell them again,keep doing this till it is sorted,obviously hide ur phone id.

or phone the police and report a burglar alarm going off after all you dont know if theres no one trying to break in around the back etc and then they might contact the owner to come and check the house and as a result turn it off

sure if the police have to keep coming out to a false alarm they would tell the neighbours straight to get it fixed asap

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

or plan b,

rearrange the words hammer and sledge

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"or plan b,

rearrange the words hammer and sledge"

Plan A never worked before so me being a methodical kind of a person would naturally think time for plan B lol

By *uperock99Man
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

I don't understand why house alarms don't shut off automatic after say 15 mins cause any intruder would of gone by then.

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

I like B

By *ex4unowCouple
over a year ago

near you

Many years ago i know someone who sprayed expanding foam into the box on the wall same situation but there used to be a bell inside not sure if it works with electronic alarms good luck

By *eareenaCouple
over a year ago

Rockford

My dogs are my alarms... Far more efficient

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

just call the company it belongs to if the neighbors aren't in;

won't phone old bill as its class its not an emergency call

over a year ago

Police will do FA unless there is a robbery in progress- for a noisy alarm you need to report it to environmental health. It takes a while but they have the power to eventually have the alarm repaired or disabled at the owners cost.

If the box is out of sight and you have a ladder- a drill and some expanding foam will do the job although you might find that its you talking to the police about criminal damage

over a year ago

"or plan b,

rearrange the words hammer and sledge"

over a year ago

By law all house alarms must shut down after a period of time. If your neighbours doesn't then report it with dates and times of when it goes off and they will be served with a noise abatement order.

over a year ago

"By law all house alarms must shut down after a period of time. If your neighbours doesn't then report it with dates and times of when it goes off and they will be served with a noise abatement order."
to your local council. Don't phone police, they won't be interested.

Post new Message to Thread