Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Fare dodger

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

On the bus on the way home..the driver came up the stairs and told a guy he had to pay more for further travel(he had paid £1.20 instead of £1.90)...eventually the guy went down and paid the extra 70p..now it gets weirder..

the driver wanted the full far of £1.90

so the bus stopped..and..stayed stopped as the driver started to call in(for police as the man wouldnt get off), I went down complaining etc moreso about the 7 people on the bus not getting home over 70fucking pence

to top it all off, a wee old lady started screaming at both the driver n guy,she was clearly a bit unwell mentallly..and that continued on the next bus we had to take(as the driver still refused to move and the guy still refused to get off!)

anyway... my point 70p, and an extra half hr on my 1hr journey home

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

In my neck of the woods they get fined as well....

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Learn to drive then you won't have that hassle

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

The moral of the story? Buy a pushbike to get to work

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"The moral of the story? Buy a pushbike to get to work "

over a year ago

the moral of the story is the driver should be thinking of the greater good..the poor wee woman was hysterical!-and of course several other passengers

*plus most people dont pay £1.90, they pay £2.00 , so the buses probably make a decent amount of that every day

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Sounds like the driver was in a mood to me....and why do they have to pay the fare again?

over a year ago

In London it's 2.40 no matter how long the journey!

over a year ago

"Sounds like the driver was in a mood to me....and why do they have to pay the fare again?"

no idea..but i voiced my annoyance, but then played it cool cos a hot lass smiled at me...(who the old lady kept referring to as the pregnant girl lol..she was hardly pregnant looking lol)

over a year ago

"Sounds like the driver was in a mood to me....and why do they have to pay the fare again?"

Lets say its £1.20 for up to 5 stops and £1.90 for 5+ stops

If he only paid for 5 stops and really wanted to travel 12 them he should have paid the £1.90- so when he got to stop 5 his fare ran out and its £1.90 to travel 5+ from where he is

over a year ago

in a situation like that i would give the guy 70p and wish him a good evening. who knows what goes on in other people's lives? a bit of kindness, and everyone gets home on time. easy.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Sounds like the driver was in a mood to me....and why do they have to pay the fare again?

no idea..but i voiced my annoyance, but then played it cool cos a hot lass smiled at me...(who the old lady kept referring to as the pregnant girl lol..she was hardly pregnant looking lol)"

Always an opportunity for you eh

over a year ago

"in a situation like that i would give the guy 70p and wish him a good evening. who knows what goes on in other people's lives? a bit of kindness, and everyone gets home on time. easy. "

I offered that to the driver...he seemed more concerned getting the police involved...so several people sat waiting..and waiting..and the poor old woman was going crazy, in fact she almost became the problem more than the far dodger lol

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Sounds like a First Bus to me!

over a year ago

"Sounds like the driver was in a mood to me....and why do they have to pay the fare again?

no idea..but i voiced my annoyance, but then played it cool cos a hot lass smiled at me...(who the old lady kept referring to as the pregnant girl lol..she was hardly pregnant looking lol)

Always an opportunity for you eh

"

*I knew I shouldved used the line, " I know ur not preggers...but ya wanna be?!"

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Same situation in London the driver got stabbed...

over a year ago

"Sounds like a First Bus to me! "

twas that me dear lol x

over a year ago

That's why public transport don't work !!!

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Sounds like a First Bus to me!

twas that me dear lol x"

I knew it! They have the grumpiest bus drivers in York. I use Transdev now if I can.

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Kevin Bridges does a great routine about something similar that happened to him on a bus in Glasgow

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"In London it's 2.40 no matter how long the journey! "

No excuses for ya then. See you in a few hours

over a year ago

Nothing like a jobsworth to make life easier for everyone.

over a year ago

I was a london bus driver back when there was the short hop price.

Well for us if someone paid the short hop price but travelled further then it was nothing to do with us drivers, down to the inspectors if they get on

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"In my neck of the woods they get fined as well...."

In my neck of the woods the natives aren't wrapped too tight so anyone refusing to pay usually gets off pronto when other passengers make it known they have places to go!

The longest delay I've encountered was a stroppy mare who refused to take her toddler out of its buggy as there were already three buggies in the "hold".

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

In our local news there was an item about aren't year old refused school lunch because the ten pounds his father had paid ran out the day before. A dinner lady gave him an apple because she felt sorry for him. As I have no other background to the story I can't really comment other than to say ten year olds shouldn't go without food and be humiliated because of their parents mistakes or school rules.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

About a ten year old that.should say....

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I suspect the driver wanted the full fare 'cos he didn't have any way of issuing a ticket for the difference in the fare paid and the fare due.

As for why bother at all - drivers have been disciplined where inspectors discover passengers who haven't paid the correct fare for the journey.

over a year ago

"I suspect the driver wanted the full fare 'cos he didn't have any way of issuing a ticket for the difference in the fare paid and the fare due.

As for why bother at all - drivers have been disciplined where inspectors discover passengers who haven't paid the correct fare for the journey."

As I said on london buses the drivers weren't held accountable for anyone that overrode their fare cos how is a driver meant to be able to keep an eye on the distance each passenger travels! Stupid!

Post new Message to Thread