Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Better not suggest that to my FB!

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Better not suggest that to my FB! "

I am hoping your FB is not a 4 legged furry animal that pesters domestic animals, likes to rummage in bins and has the most horrific smelling shit!

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Should they be culled? "

Yes, yes, and absolutely Yes.

over a year ago

"Better not suggest that to my FB!

I am hoping your FB is not a 4 legged furry animal that pesters domestic animals, likes to rummage in bins and has the most horrific smelling shit!"

No - she's just called Fox!

over a year ago

no i love foxes

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

The cubs have been running about the last few nights yipping and keeping me awake. I'm not sure about killing them but our little area does have too many. One sleeps on my doorstep.

over a year ago

No why should they be culled? They have been chased out of the country side! And I like foxes !

over a year ago

"no i love foxes"

I love tigers but a heavily populated area is not the best place for them.

By *exycleanerWoman
over a year ago

pontefract

i was out walking my 2 dogs yesterday and as usual they were scurrying around looking for all gods creatures when walking on the path in front of me was a fox .i wouldnt want to kill it x

over a year ago

"no i love foxes

I love tigers but a heavily populated area is not the best place for them."

there are too many people what do you suggest we do about them? foxes are beautiful creatures unlike a lot of people too.

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"no i love foxes

over a year ago

"no i love foxes

there are too many people what do you suggest we do about them? foxes are beautiful creatures unlike a lot of people too. "

There are a lot that are under nourished, carrying disease, a danger to humans and considered by many as vermin. I have no problem with them in their appropriate environment.

By *ickloverMan
over a year ago

Devizes

That's coz your a city dweller ! If you travel a few miles to your left there is the countryside, try it, you might learn something...

Milk comes from cows NOT tescos

Eggs do come out of chickens , raw. Not poached or scrambled,

The urban fox is only urban coz stupid bloody twats keep expanding the cities into their territory .

By *ngel n tedCouple
over a year ago

maidstone

I'm waiting for them to evolve into something much larger and take their place at the top of the food chain, that or at the very least have the ability to put stuff back in the bin bags after they've ripped them open

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"That's coz your a city dweller ! If you travel a few miles to your left there is the countryside, try it, you might learn something...

The urban fox is only urban coz stupid bloody twats keep expanding the cities into their territory . "

My area hasn't been countryside for over 200 years.

By *ngel n tedCouple
over a year ago

maidstone

"That's coz your a city dweller ! If you travel a few miles to your left there is the countryside, try it, you might learn something...

The urban fox is only urban coz stupid bloody twats keep expanding the cities into their territory . "

maybe with a little encouragement they could become urbane foxes

over a year ago

right on Lickety -

over a year ago

Chute ' em!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

so we should do what to house an expanding population..?

cull the stupid bloody twats perhaps..?

ffs

By *rsFine-MrBallsCouple
over a year ago

markinch

Leave em alone , same with the urban deers, Here's an idea, see if everyone cleaned up at there arses instead o dumping stuff everywhere then the animals would naturally move back to there natural hunting grounds

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Leave em alone , same with the urban deers, Here's an idea, see if everyone cleaned up at there arses instead o dumping stuff everywhere then the animals would naturally move back to there natural hunting grounds "

Yep, back to the farms where they can carry on killing chickens and lambs.

over a year ago

"no i love foxes

there are too many people what do you suggest we do about them? foxes are beautiful creatures unlike a lot of people too.

There are a lot that are under nourished, carrying disease, a danger to humans and considered by many as vermin. I have no problem with them in their appropriate environment."

But that's because their habitat and food source is dying out.

The difference between an urban fox and a country fox is very clear!

over a year ago

Wow, thank you for such an educated response to the debate, what a lot of new information I have to take in at once. May I ask is grass really green and do trees also grow leaves in the country?

But getting back to the question, foxes have been in cities for years, a pair of breeding adults will typically have 5-6 cubs per year, should we try and control it or live with it?

over a year ago

"Leave em alone , same with the urban deers, Here's an idea, see if everyone cleaned up at there arses instead o dumping stuff everywhere then the animals would naturally move back to there natural hunting grounds "

over a year ago

The foxes aren't coming into our area where the one's encroaching on there's ripping up the countryside for more houses, where do ya expect them to go?

over a year ago

Totally agree with you

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

And all the seagulls that live inland would love to move back to the sea instead of easy pickings from bins?

Foxes live in urban areas because of the feeding habits they have become accustomed to.

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

One of the saddest sights i seen recently was in the middle of bloody no mans land.. and a Beautifull lovely fox was ripping into the contents of someones rubbish from KFC..

Its US that are bringing a Taste of the Urban Life to the Countryside and dumping it..

over a year ago

I think foxes are gorgeous little animals I don't think they should be killed at all x

over a year ago

Are there solutions other than culling ?

over a year ago

The bumpkins want to chase them with dogs and rip them to bits.

The townies want them killed off.

All the poor bloody fox wants is leaving alone.

Who would ever want to come back as a FOX.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Should they be culled?

Are there solutions other than culling ?"

In my opinion no.....the same with gulls who are born on top of town rooftops and have never seen the sea.

over a year ago

Instead of culling them maybe something could be done to decrease their reproductive rate, like sterilisations. I know they did that to pigeons in a European city by adding something to the water in their drinking fountains. Not sure how they could work it out for urban foxes but if you sterilise 10 or 20% of the population you'd already see a significat decrease in the next generation.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Instead of culling them maybe something could be done to decrease their reproductive rate, like sterilisations. I know they did that to pigeons in a European city by adding something to the water in their drinking fountains. Not sure how they could work it out for urban foxes but if you sterilise 10 or 20% of the population you'd already see a significat decrease in the next generation."

They tried that a few years ago in South Devon with gulls and it had very little effect to be honest.

By *osweet69Couple
over a year ago

portsmouth

All I would say is why is it ok for people to kill rats but not to kill foxes what is the different? After all a life is a life. And mankind has upset the balance of nature so now he needs to manage her as so to benefit the whole of wildlife and not just one part of it.

By *xpresMan
over a year ago

Elland

Im no tree hugger but foxes have a right to live wharever they want why do people have a right to kill off whatever they want coz its an inconviance???

over a year ago

NO.. I they shouldn't nor should badgers either!

over a year ago

I know why people are saying they must be culled, but I also enjoy watching them when they are out and about.

So many times I would bump into one when I walked to work at 4am.

The obly reason they are urban is because of us taking their territory.

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

"I know why people are saying they must be culled, but I also enjoy watching them when they are out and about.

So many times I would bump into one when I walked to work at 4am.

The obly reason they are urban is because of us taking their territory."

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Should they be culled?

Are there solutions other than culling ?

In my opinion no.....the same with gulls who are born on top of town rooftops and have never seen the sea.

"

Urban gulls are increasing in population because humans throw so much shit away. Rural gulls are decreasing in population so I am happy there are successful colonies out there.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Yes.

over a year ago

i love almost all nature, (see pics elsewhere lol), sorry but I have always felt that the creatures we share our time with on earth have exactly the same right to live their lives

I dont think they do that much harm to be honest

fuck! theyve raked a bin, shat in ur plants..FUCK off and get a life

can u sense I get bored of 'people' sometimes..its no wonder sometimes I'm at my happiest when its only myself and nature around me, things like watching a fox on a hill during a sunset, or walking around an urban area catch my eye more than I can say for most humans.

over a year ago

we should cull haggis though

over a year ago

No they shouldn't

By *osweet69Couple
over a year ago

portsmouth

Leaving aside the debate about culling Badgers for the control of TB What do we do about the badgers that have been left too their own devices for a number of years now and have bred so well that they are a very real threat to ground nesting birds and their eggs like skylarks grey partridge stone curlew to name but a few do these creature not deserve protecting as well? It all comes back to balance and management. In life thing are very rarely just black and white.

over a year ago

"NO.. I they shouldn't nor should badgers either! "

over a year ago

"Should they be culled?

Are there solutions other than culling ?"

Maybe nuetering a few every year?

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"can u sense I get bored of 'people' sometimes..its no wonder sometimes I'm at my happiest when its only myself and nature around me, things like watching a fox on a hill during a sunset, or walking around an urban area catch my eye more than I can say for most humans."

Watching a fox hunting on the University campus recently was lovely. It was pouncing everywhere.

over a year ago

"no i love foxes

But if they were there then it wouldn't be heavily populated for long and leave the foxes alone

over a year ago

"No why should they be culled? They have been chased out of the country side! And I like foxes ! "

think you will find that foxes are in towns and cities because there is food there ! It's simply nature

over a year ago

"No why should they be culled? They have been chased out of the country side! And I like foxes !

think you will find that foxes are in towns and cities because there is food there ! It's simply nature "

its also about most of us having a love of green space....we love gardens,parks etc..some just really dont like that we cant have it all our own way ie keeping out the riffraff-animals..

its constant complaining really, if it isnt foxes,its squirrels,mice,rats,rabbits,gulls..cats dogs

perhaps people should go to giant greenhouses and select what types of nature is allowed..that way theyd be happy

over a year ago

"NO.. I they shouldn't nor should badgers either! "

The badger is a protected species ! They are being culled because of TB in cattle a totally different debate.

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

The Biggest Rats / Vermin on Planet Earth is The Human race..

over a year ago

"Better not suggest that to my FB! "

Should i be worried . . .

over a year ago

"The Biggest Rats / Vermin on Planet Earth is The Human race.. "

quite weasley urself there

over a year ago

"No why should they be culled? They have been chased out of the country side! And I like foxes !

think you will find that foxes are in towns and cities because there is food there ! It's simply nature "

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

The ones that shred my shed roof, keep me awake with their "crying" and shit on my decking should be!

over a year ago

"Should they be culled?

The ones that shred my shed roof, keep me awake with their "crying" and shit on my decking should be! "

thats them having anal sex..and foxes dont douche

By *opping_candyWoman
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

"Leaving aside the debate about culling Badgers for the control of TB What do we do about the badgers that have been left too their own devices for a number of years now and have bred so well that they are a very real threat to ground nesting birds and their eggs like skylarks grey partridge stone curlew to name but a few do these creature not deserve protecting as well? It all comes back to balance and management. In life thing are very rarely just black and white. "

That's a natural imbalance though, surely? The way food chains work. In time if the bird population is so drastically reduced due to an increase in the badger population, the badgers will then not have enough food and so their population will dwindle allowing the bird population to recoup. I think humans interfering with such a natural process any more than we do already, would be a terrible idea.

over a year ago

Wonderful creature,too see them in nature hunting and getting food for the cubs is beautiful..in ireland we dont really get them in urban areas just rural really and thats the way it should be..

over a year ago

"Wonderful creature,too see them in nature hunting and getting food for the cubs is beautiful..in ireland we dont really get them in urban areas just rural really and thats the way it should be.."

well they become 'vermin'- because they get lazy and want easy food...rural foxes probably slag off their urban counterparts by saying things like

"chicken doesnt come from a bin!"

By *kywatcherMan
over a year ago

Southwick

Killing any creature to me is against natural laws.

For instance I will put a fly or spider that is in my space outside. I cannot kill a living being as it has a right to life just as I do

over a year ago

I was at scoutstonhill train station going back home the other day and a fox came onto the oppisite platform and my dog sat watching it intently and vice versa with the fox for a good five mins before it scurried away again. Was the first time id seen a fox up close and was pretty cool. I dont agree with culling them at all

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Killing any creature to me is against natural laws.

For instance I will put a fly or spider that is in my space outside. I cannot kill a living being as it has a right to life just as I do "

Yet you happily announced in an earlier thread today that you were having 'Aberdeen Angus' burgers for tea.

Do foxes, spiders, and flies have a greater right to life than cattle then?

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Should they be culled?

The ones that shred my shed roof, keep me awake with their "crying" and shit on my decking should be!

thats them having anal sex..and foxes dont douche"

Paddy!!!

By *kywatcherMan
over a year ago

Southwick

For instance I will put a fly or spider that is in my space outside. I cannot kill a living being as it has a right to life just as I do

Yet you happily announced in an earlier thread today that you were having 'Aberdeen Angus' burgers for tea.

"

I never said I was a vegetarian. I personally will not kill a creature

over a year ago

Having lived where I do for most of my life its not completely urban and yet not completely rural, I've always seen foxes about even in garden as a kid when I had a pet duck. But what I have noticed is a vast increase in the fox population since the ban of fox hunting.

By *osweet69Couple
over a year ago

portsmouth

"Leaving aside the debate about culling Badgers for the control of TB What do we do about the badgers that have been left too their own devices for a number of years now and have bred so well that they are a very real threat to ground nesting birds and their eggs like skylarks grey partridge stone curlew to name but a few do these creature not deserve protecting as well? It all comes back to balance and management. In life thing are very rarely just black and white.

That's a natural imbalance though, surely? The way food chains work. In time if the bird population is so drastically reduced due to an increase in the badger population, the badgers will then not have enough food and so their population will dwindle allowing the bird population to recoup. I think humans interfering with such a natural process any more than we do already, would be a terrible idea."

I think you miss the point a little it can not be a natural thing because we as humans upset that balance sometimes for the good and sometimes not so good I.e. the way we farm which can provide a easy meal for say a old fox that would normally died once winter comes but because of the easy food that it can find it does not and then goes on to breed for another year. Or say that walk you have on the Sunday morning though the wonderful countryside with your lovely dog that has wandered off the footpath a bit and flush's that grey partridge sitting on her nest. No harm done you think he did not catch it but unknown to you the bird has given off a scent which the badger or fox will smell later that night and will come and kill the hen bird and have her eggs.So even in a small way you have interfered with the natural balance of things. So again it comes back to management of wildlife whether we like it or not whether it is in the countryside or towns.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I never said I was a vegetarian. I personally will not kill a creature "

"Killing any creature to me is against natural laws"......

I don't think they are suggesting that average householders kill a fox themselves....

By *opping_candyWoman
over a year ago

West Yorkshire

I just took it when you said the badgers have been left to their own devices etc that this was some place where humans had had very little impact or interference. My bad.

over a year ago

"One of the saddest sights i seen recently was in the middle of bloody no mans land.. and a Beautifull lovely fox was ripping into the contents of someones rubbish from KFC..

Its US that are bringing a Taste of the Urban Life to the Countryside and dumping it.. "

sad but so true !

By *kywatcherMan
over a year ago

Southwick

I don't think they are suggesting that average householders kill a fox themselves...."

That's a whole different argument. Foxes are not being killed for food but to limit their numbers.

By *osweet69Couple
over a year ago

portsmouth

"I just took it when you said the badgers have been left to their own devices etc that this was some place where humans had had very little impact or interference. My bad."
At one time badgers were controlled but a law was past that this could no long be carried out which has lead to an explosion in the badger population. Did you know that there are more badgers now than foxes. What I'm trying to say is because of man nature can not be left to its own accord whether we like it or not.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I don't think they are suggesting that average householders kill a fox themselves....

That's a whole different argument. Foxes are not being killed for food but to limit their numbers."

Fair enough, I took 'any creature' to mean ANY creature...regardless of the reason behind it.

By *kywatcherMan
over a year ago

Southwick

That's a whole different argument. Foxes are not being killed for food but to limit their numbers.

Fair enough, I took 'any creature' to mean ANY creature...regardless of the reason behind it."

Fair enough. I agree to a certain extent

...perhaps I should be a vegetarian but do enjoy meat....creatures bred for Hunan consumption.

By *kywatcherMan
over a year ago

Southwick

*human

over a year ago

"*human"

or are we dancers?

By *--Cinders---Couple
over a year ago

a place near Blackpool

Foxes are beautiful creatures and so cute, they deserve to live and we have no right to destroy them..They just do what any other animal have to do to survive, they have to eat and will scavenge to find it..seagulls are a nuscience and so are feral cats, rats spiders etc..

By *kywatcherMan
over a year ago

Southwick

"*human

or are we dancers?"

Good song ..

over a year ago

No but then we don't have a problem where I live and I like animals too. Problem or not, we don't have the right to kill an animal

By *ickloverMan
over a year ago

Devizes

"Having lived where I do for most of my life its not completely urban and yet not completely rural, I've always seen foxes about even in garden as a kid when I had a pet duck. But what I have noticed is a vast increase in the fox population since the ban of fox hunting."

There has not been a vast increase in the fox population ( DEFRA source info ) what has happened is that foxes learn very fast and have simply returned to the areas that were hunting grounds, they have become braver too,

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

That ate our fucking rabbit ! Thoughtfully left one foot though, so we a) knew a fox had eaten her and b) we had a lucky charm !

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

In 'the olden days', foxes and badgers would have had predators, which would have naturally controlled their numbers...but we eradicated all those, so now they sit pretty much at the top of the food chain !

By *ngel n tedCouple
over a year ago

maidstone

"In 'the olden days', foxes and badgers would have had predators, which would have naturally controlled their numbers...but we eradicated all those, so now they sit pretty much at the top of the food chain !"

They still have a natural predator, it's called the car....

Post new Message to Thread