Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Motorway speed limit

Jump to newest

By *ofakind OP   Couple
over a year ago

Running with Monkeys

Going on from car/speeding threads what do you think the limit should be? Cars are safer blah blah can travel faster, rush hour clogs up a and m roads, what do you think is an acceptable speed limit? Both in and out of peak times? Or just a single one?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

To be honest the limit should be raised to 80 mph as that is the speed most people seem to drive at on motorways and trucks should be able to go faster than 56 mph but that's my personal opinion

over a year ago

Surely it driving responsibly at a safe speed for the traffic conditions while staying within the limits imposed by the law....

By *ofakind OP   Couple
over a year ago

Running with Monkeys

I personally think there should be 2 limits, after travelling up the m1 at 11pm a few days/weeks in a row I think the limit should be higher on a night too, travelling at 80mph I saw one car in a 90 mile journey, not really likely to have an accident at that time of night as long as you're paying attention

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"To be honest the limit should be raised to 80 mph as that is the speed most people seem to drive at on motorways and trucks should be able to go faster than 56 mph but that's my personal opinion "

if 80 is the new 70...... then 90 will just become the new 80.....

By *rank_SimoneCouple
over a year ago

Bideford

Should be able to drive as fast as conditions allow on motorways.

Bad driving kills not speed, and if you are a bad driver you shouldn't speed.

over a year ago

"Should be able to drive as fast as conditions allow on motorways.

Bad driving kills not speed, and if you are a bad driver you shouldn't speed."

What about the good driver the bad driver kills...?

I've driven the M25 a lot while it is being widened. I rarely sat in a traffic jam through the 50 MPH average speed zones.

over a year ago

"To be honest the limit should be raised to 80 mph as that is the speed most people seem to drive at on motorways and trucks should be able to go faster than 56 mph but that's my personal opinion

if 80 is the new 70...... then 90 will just become the new 80....."

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

The council area we are in has taken a liking to bombarding almost all of the countryside roads with the little 50 signs..

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

How many people admit to being a bad driver?

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"To be honest the limit should be raised to 80 mph as that is the speed most people seem to drive at on motorways and trucks should be able to go faster than 56 mph but that's my personal opinion "

I agree with the first part but as a trucker I think 60 is fast enough for HGVs. They take soo long to stop that any faster would be dangerous

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"To be honest the limit should be raised to 80 mph as that is the speed most people seem to drive at on motorways and trucks should be able to go faster than 56 mph but that's my personal opinion

if 80 is the new 70...... then 90 will just become the new 80..... "

Well the autobahn works well in Germany

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple
over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

and that rules every one out as no one thinks of them selfs as a bad driver

over a year ago

Id say set the limit at 80..... we could then....going by current guidelines..... do 90 before getting a ticket. 110 before getting a so called instant ban though

By *riskygazMan
over a year ago

birmingham

motorway speed should be at least 80 that is safer in todays cars than 70 was in the cars we had 30 years ago, and as someone all ready said, most people drive at 80+ so it will just be making it legal

over a year ago

How about making it compulsory to drive considerately, pay fucking attention to what you're doing and not behave like your journey is the only one that matters?

400 mile drive today through hordes of disinterested bimblers fucking about on the roads. For instant tosspieces just add sunshine. Drive to the speed limit, make progress along the road, overtake where possible instead of making a 40mph truck into a rolling roadblock just because YOU can't be arsed getting round it. And drag your fucking shed off the end of a cliff and find a bastard hotel you cheap motherfuckers.

And the cyclist who nearly ended up with me driving up his arse because he did not look before swerving off a cycle path into the road....what...a...cunt.

I hope your children are fucking imaginary, for the sake of humanity.

Post new Message to Thread