Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Holiday advice for Cornwall

Jump to newest

By *quirrel OP   Man
over a year ago

North Yorks

Partner and I have booked a cottage for 10 day in late july mid way berween St Austell and Newquay.

We are both taking out teenage kids, my lad 15 is into surfing and such, so he will be easy to accomodate and daughter 17 is more into lazing around in a bikini on the beach watching the boys. Problem is we also have the dog to worry about as daughter will not leave him behind in a "prison" kennels .

Can anyone recommend other activities or places to visit around the area; as sitting on the beach will bore the hell out of us after an hour.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

"Partner and I have booked a cottage for 10 day in late july mid way berween St Austell and Newquay.

We are both taking out teenage kids, my lad 15 is into surfing and such, so he will be easy to accomodate and daughter 17 is more into lazing around in a bikini on the beach watching the boys. Problem is we also have the dog to worry about as daughter will not leave him behind in a "prison" kennels .

Can anyone recommend other activities or places to visit around the area; as sitting on the beach will bore the hell out of us after an hour."

You need to visit Cornwall tourist board to find what beaches dogs are allowed on first.

Some nice gardens, tinangel castle is good, st Ives is great but rather busy in summer. Minach theatre has great plays on. St micheals mount is wonderful too, to name but a few

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Partner and I have booked a cottage for 10 day in late july mid way berween St Austell and Newquay.

Can anyone recommend other activities or places to visit around the area; as sitting on the beach will bore the hell out of us after an hour.

You need to visit Cornwall tourist board to find what beaches dogs are allowed on first.

Some nice gardens, tinangel castle is good, st Ives is great but rather busy in summer. Minach theatre has great plays on. St micheals mount is wonderful too, to name but a few"

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

First re the dog, there are places that actually place the dog with people in their home rather than in a kennel, so that might offer an alternative if you chose not to take the dog with you.

Lands End is definately worth a visit together with Lizards Point and the little village of Mousehall where the Penlee Lifeboat came from.

Falmouth is nice and a lot quieter than many places with some lovely fish restaurants.

I liked Perranporth too both for it's cliff walks and it's bay.

Theres the big obvious place of The Eden Project too.

Hope that helps

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

"First re the dog, there are places that actually place the dog with people in their home rather than in a kennel, so that might offer an alternative if you chose not to take the dog with you.

Lands End is definately worth a visit together with Lizards Point and the little village of Mousehall where the Penlee Lifeboat came from.

Falmouth is nice and a lot quieter than many places with some lovely fish restaurants.

I liked Perranporth too both for it's cliff walks and it's bay.

Theres the big obvious place of The Eden Project too.

Hope that helps"

Falmouth has the maritime museum which was rather good with rick steins resurant just outside

over a year ago

If u r a member of the national trust, loads of options!

over a year ago

Does girlfriend not swing

By *quirrel OP   Man
over a year ago

North Yorks

"Does girlfriend not swing "

Not at the min, met her through another site and she decided to be exclusively mine, but wants me to still meet others if anyone takes my fancy.

over a year ago

Perranporth beach and Watergate beach and Gwithian beach. Nice sand. You can surf. Dogs allowed.

over a year ago

I'd be happy to do you both a photo shoot while you're down if interested. Doesn't have to be nude or rude..although! Lol

Post new Message to Thread