Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Conspiracy Theories

Jump to newest

By *o-j OP   Couple
over a year ago

Outskirts of Notts

This might not be one of the biggies but I think ;

That supermarkets own brand tins of food are great value but they only sell them to look like they're doing something .

Reason ;

Every single one I've ever tried to open never has with the first try , it always goes half way then just pushes the metal down and I end up having to try to use a knife to join up the holes and end up with baked beans all over the floor or a knife in my hand ....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"This might not be one of the biggies but I think ;

That supermarkets own brand tins of food are great value but they only sell them to look like they're doing something .

Reason ;

Every single one I've ever tried to open never has with the first try , it always goes half way then just pushes the metal down and I end up having to try to use a knife to join up the holes and end up with baked beans all over the floor or a knife in my hand ....

"

Never had a problem myself.

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

Its not the cans its the Tin-openers..

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

The only problem I have with some low price basics is they tend to have more liquid in them. Beans and tinned rice are the biggest offenders. I reckon its worth paying more for the better stuff, but not so much as premium brands (as they are usually the same but with a different label).

Now if the OP is going for a 'ring pull on all food cans' campaign I am bang along side that. So much easier!

By *xpresMan
over a year ago

Elland

I know the orange cordial is the same stuff in diff bottles the double strength stuff for the big 4 are all made by Princess just labled up diffrntly

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

"

Now if the OP is going for a 'ring pull on all food cans' campaign I am bang along side that. So much easier!"

Can add My vote for that.. i love ring pulling

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I genuinely love trying out shops own value brands and strange label budget brands, I think it's kinda exciting and some of them really good ….

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"I genuinely love trying out shops own value brands and strange label budget brands, I think it's kinda exciting and some of them really good …. "

Aldi is the best shop for that, although their tomato soup has far too much sugar in it. So does Heinz in my opinion so probably more my tastes than the fault of the brand.

over a year ago

"Its not the cans its the Tin-openers.. "

Or the people opening them

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Aldi....that is all!

By *xpresMan
over a year ago

Elland

"Aldi....that is all!"

Aldi n lidil cordial same stuff

over a year ago

"I genuinely love trying out shops own value brands and strange label budget brands, I think it's kinda exciting and some of them really good ….

Aldi is the best shop for that, although their tomato soup has far too much sugar in it. So does Heinz in my opinion so probably more my tastes than the fault of the brand."

I'm hooked on Lidl..... it's closer than my nearest Aldi... but those rotters Tesco have just built a giant shop right next to my Lidl, so I fear it might close soon and I'll be gutted if it does......

By *o-j OP   Couple
over a year ago

Outskirts of Notts

"I genuinely love trying out shops own value brands and strange label budget brands, I think it's kinda exciting and some of them really good …. "

Makes you feel like your on your holidays , brands I've never heard of and written in a language I don't understand .....

By *xpresMan
over a year ago

Elland

"I genuinely love trying out shops own value brands and strange label budget brands, I think it's kinda exciting and some of them really good ….

Aldi is the best shop for that, although their tomato soup has far too much sugar in it. So does Heinz in my opinion so probably more my tastes than the fault of the brand.

I'm hooked on Lidl..... it's closer than my nearest Aldi... but those rotters Tesco have just built a giant shop right next to my Lidl, so I fear it might close soon and I'll be gutted if it does...... "

I think your Lidil will be ok they are stuburn little fuckers them Aldi n Lidil stores..

over a year ago

Makes you feel like your on your holidays , brands I've never heard of and written in a language I don't understand ....."

That’s exactly it…! spot on….!.

over a year ago

Don't get me started on "traditional" tins of meat, and the key .....

Had more sliced thumbs through that than razor cuts

over a year ago

"Don't get me started on "traditional" tins of meat, and the key .....

Had more sliced thumbs through that than razor cuts "

I thought everyone knew those Tin makers are sponsored by the vegetarian society

over a year ago

"Don't get me started on "traditional" tins of meat, and the key .....

Had more sliced thumbs through that than razor cuts

I thought everyone knew those Tin makers are sponsored by the vegetarian society "

Strange how blood gets soaked up by the meat, but the meat doesn't change colour

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

I'm hooked on Lidl..... it's closer than my nearest Aldi... but those rotters Tesco have just built a giant shop right next to my Lidl, so I fear it might close soon and I'll be gutted if it does...... "

WTF they doing with that Tesco Sox? They appear to have knocked down all those empty units and built new units exactly the same size in there place? (but with wooden bits on)

Anyhoo Tesco will destroy everything in it's path so say bye bye to your Lidl old friend.

They say that if large corporations were people then they would be diagnosed as psychopaths because of the way they act. IMO Tesco is the maddest fucker in town!

over a year ago

I'm hooked on Lidl..... it's closer than my nearest Aldi... but those rotters Tesco have just built a giant shop right next to my Lidl, so I fear it might close soon and I'll be gutted if it does......

WTF they doing with that Tesco Sox? They appear to have knocked down all those empty units and built new units exactly the same size in there place? (but with wooden bits on)

Anyhoo Tesco will destroy everything in it's path so say bye bye to your Lidl old friend.

They say that if large corporations were people then they would be diagnosed as psychopaths because of the way they act. IMO Tesco is the maddest fucker in town!"

Horrid ain’t it….!.

I see they’ve even strategically placed a Giant Tesco sign on the building so it unavoidably captures your eyesight as you cross Monkwearmoth Bridge..

I simply can’t forgive Tesco for knocking down the Mecca Bowling Ally and the Mayfair Ballroom, I loved that place….

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

They say that if large corporations were people then they would be diagnosed as psychopaths because of the way they act. IMO Tesco is the maddest fucker in town!

Horrid ain’t it….!.

I see they’ve even strategically placed a Giant Tesco sign on the building so it unavoidably captures your eyesight as you cross Monkwearmoth Bridge..

I simply can’t forgive Tesco for knocking down the Mecca Bowling Ally and the Mayfair Ballroom, I loved that place….

"

Yeah it was sad to see them go. I used to go to Gen's every week when I was a kid. Plus that bowling alley car park was very convenient for fumbles in the dark.

By *rKDMan
over a year ago

London

Yes of course you are correct, i used to work as a baker yrs ago and the EXACT same bread goes into the plain white wrapping as the fancy 'brand' ones.

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

There's been a Tesco next door to Lidl near us for years, they appear to be co-habiting quite nicely

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

I remember reading years ago that Tesco Basics pasta was the same as their expensive organic pasta !

Post new Message to Thread