Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Biker Bashing

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

we have had the cyclist bashing, I thought why not have a biker bashing thread. I would interesting to know why sone people are so anti biker.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *kywatcherMan
over a year ago

Southwick

Anti-ignorance here.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"we have had the cyclist bashing, I thought why not have a biker bashing thread. I would interesting to know why sone people are so anti biker. "

Are they? I can imagine those who live on biking roads could be but surely they would know before they bought the house?

over a year ago

I ride responsibly with self-awareness and I’ve not encountered any problems other than my pants getting wedged up my crack...

over a year ago

Every Saturday they come out in droves and ride at ridiculous speeds on the roads around where I deliver .

One was seriously hurt last week in a crash.

On one particular corner on the A272 one Saturday I met a German motorcyclist overtaking a lorry and it was that split second choice of through the hedge or hope for the best , luckily he broke hard and tucked back in .

The very next Saturday on the very same bend I met three paramedics , yes , paramedics overtaking a lorry , again it was a close thing but they of all people should of known better .

As an aside bicycles are as bad , the previous postman on my round got run over by bicycles twice in one summer who were doing their own speed trial thing on the country lanes .

By *ashful BazMan
over a year ago

poole dorset

"I ride responsibly with self-awareness and I’ve not encountered any problems other than my pants getting wedged up my crack... "

Lol

The size of the Bikers round here I'm not saying anything that might upset them.

over a year ago

Good and bad in all. Doesn't matter whether they are on a motorbike, or bike, or in a car somepeople will still be selfish/dangerous/moronic - or a cobination of all of them.

The key to safer roads is acceptance of all road users and not vilifying one group.

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

Last week, we had a group of 6 bikers turn up at the pub I work in. They were members of a bike group I know through other friends, so I asked if they'd been on the memorial run for Lee Rigby. They said they had, we had a brief chat about the run, how well it had gone, the weather etc, then they went to sit outside.

An elderly gentleman was at the other end of the bar complaining about how scary they looked, and how disruptive their bikes were, and various other derogatory comments about bikers and bikes in general. So I explained to him where they'd been, and what they had done. Suddenly he was full of praise, couldn't compliment the same blokes he'd been slating not 10 seconds earlier. Even went out and bought them all a drink.

My point, there is good and bad in every group, minority or majority, we could all do to remember that!!!

over a year ago

"Good and bad in all. Doesn't matter whether they are on a motorbike, or bike, or in a car somepeople will still be selfish/dangerous/moronic - or a cobination of all of them.

The key to safer roads is acceptance of all road users and not vilifying one group. "

I agree

By *etitesaraTV/TS
over a year ago

rochdale

There is a tendency for some people to vilify certain other user groups because they have some perceived 'traits' that others apparently don't indulge in.

Motorcyclists race around everywhere, going well over the limit and scaring the horses.

Cyclists all jump red lights, don't pay tax or insurance and murder pedestrians it seems.

The fact that many, many more car drivers jump red lights, race each other on public roads, drive without tax or insurance, are responsible for some 2000 deaths a year etc seems to escape those who like to point the finger.

The simple fact is that everyone has a duty to use the roads in a safe and courteous manner to other users. No one has primacy over other users, and we all have a legal responsibility to the more vulnerable users so think on everyone.

Post new Message to Thread