Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

any suggestions please,,, :-)

Jump to newest

By *odareyou OP   Man
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

I have a small ( about the size of the end of your thumb,,) no not that you naughty people,,

a patch of dry quite rough feeling very itchy skin on my lower bavk ( right on my belt line,,) I think its a tiny bit of eczema,, any suggestions what I can put on it a) to stop it itching b) get rid of it,?

I m sure the Gp will have more poorly people to see than a guy with a small,, ahem,,, itch,,

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I use aqueous cream on my daughters and it works a treat she only gets the odd little patch...but if i use this straight away it tends to clear up n keep her happy.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I have a small ( about the size of the end of your thumb,,) no not that you naughty people,,

a patch of dry quite rough feeling very itchy skin on my lower bavk ( right on my belt line,,) I think its a tiny bit of eczema,, any suggestions what I can put on it a) to stop it itching b) get rid of it,?

I m sure the Gp will have more poorly people to see than a guy with a small,, ahem,,, itch,, "

E45 cream or you could try bio oil. Your GP is there for such things though...if you can get an appointment

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Sudacrem

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Don't wear a belt

over a year ago

An emollient such as Aqueous Cream, Emulsifying Ointment, and even Vaseline would help.

Providing the skin is not broken or weeping, try 0.5% Hydrocortisone, by mixing 1% Hydrocortisone Cream with equal amount of Vaseline (White Petroleum Jelly).

1% Hydrocortisone Cream is freely available over the counter at Pharmacies, generic is cheaper than branded products such as HC45.

0.5% preparations are available, however, not easy to get hold of. They used to be prescription only even though 1% cream was available OTC.

By *picenicelyCouple
over a year ago

third star on the right

Cod liver oil

Oilatum cream or oil straight after the bath/shower while still wet

Mrs

By *odareyou OP   Man
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

Thank you ladies a trip to the chemists tomorrow, and thanks to the gents suggestion I ll be, holding my trousers up,

over a year ago

Braces?

By *picenicelyCouple
over a year ago

third star on the right

"Thank you ladies a trip to the chemists tomorrow, and thanks to the gents suggestion I ll be, holding my trousers up, "

If you have olive oil in your cupboard it should provide some relief until you get to the chemist

Mrs

over a year ago

"An emollient such as Aqueous Cream, Emulsifying Ointment, and even Vaseline would help.

Providing the skin is not broken or weeping, try 0.5% Hydrocortisone, by mixing 1% Hydrocortisone Cream with equal amount of Vaseline (White Petroleum Jelly).

1% Hydrocortisone Cream is freely available over the counter at Pharmacies, generic is cheaper than branded products such as HC45.

0.5% preparations are available, however, not easy to get hold of. They used to be prescription only even though 1% cream was available OTC.

"

My Bro has atopic eczema and this advice is bang on

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Get a vitamin e oil capsule, burst with a pin and apply the oil to the affected patch.

As long as it's not red and angry this will ease the flakiness surprisingly quickly - it's what I use when I get eczema patches on my face.

Post new Message to Thread