Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Carpels tunnel

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Has anyone ever had carpels tunnel? (Throbbing pains across the palm of your hand) I've been to the doctors and they said I will need an operation anyone know of anyway to reduce the throbbing feeling?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ive got it in both of my hands/wrists

find it more painful in the mornings and eases during the day. Ive turned down the operation and ive heard mixed reviews about it and have decided to go for the injections instead.

Mine starts off as a numbing sensation in the fingers then becomes painful as it turns to pins and needles

over a year ago

Mine seems to get worse throughout the day :-/ starts as pins and needles then it just throbs to the point where I struggle to move my thumbs

By *essiCouple
over a year ago

suffolk

a physio told me to massage from the wrist to the elbow using your clenched fist of the other hane pushing down quite firmly( it will be painful) and do this morning and night...it relaesae the build up of lactic acid in the muscles which is the cause of carpel tunnel syndrome...

By *picenicelyCouple
over a year ago

third star on the right

I have splints (doc can refer you to physio to get them fitted) got mine from the chemist they help and do reduce the numbness+ pain

Doc can also sort steroid injections for you. Operations are usually the last resort

Mrs

over a year ago

go online and find some wristbands or gloves before opting for surgery or injections

over a year ago

Thank you for all your help x

over a year ago

I've had the operation on both wrists now and it has relieved the pain and much better

over a year ago

how long have you had it,has the doc prescribed or tried any non-surgical treatments?surgery is usually a last resort treatment,it can even "go" without any intervention at all

over a year ago

I've had the operation in both my wrists/hands.... I had a bi-lateral decompression... Still to this day I use wrist supports from time to time and drop things I think I got hold off.... Operation was 14 years ago this August... Couldn't do damn thing for myself for weeks lol....

Only thing I can suggest is wrist supports and pain killers to help with inflammation

over a year ago

I had that years ago after chipping paint off cellar walls where I lived at the time . At night felf like some one was stamping on my hand . Suffered for two weeks then was told about splints and they cured it overnight. Holds your wrist in such a way it reduces the preassure on the tendon. And before anyone says , it wasn't wankers cramp lol

Post new Message to Thread