Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Wow!!!

Jump to newest

By *issHottieBottie OP   Woman
over a year ago

Kent

Had the most phenomenal day/night last night! Went up to London to see green day with the kaiser cheifs supporting. Went with 3 old school friends, laughed so much all day catching up and reminiscing!

Met a fellow forumite with a few of his friends and we all danced and drank and sung. The show was phenomenal!! All trotted off to the pub after for more drinks. Feel a bit fragile today and don't have much voice left but it was well worth it!

Just to decide who we want to see next now... Amazing atmosphere!!

Have you lot seen any bands live???

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

sorry wasnt really interrested in the post apart from, did u get shagged?..if so..I wanna see pics

over a year ago

Kent

"sorry wasnt really interrested in the post apart from, did u get shagged?..if so..I wanna see pics "

No I didn't!! Lol. Sorry to let the side down paddy x

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Seen REM at MK Bowl, Seen Take That must be about 50 times...I have seen a load as I used to go to the Smash Hits Poll winners party.. I want to start going to see more bands though as I love live gigs...

over a year ago

never been to a gig/concert

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

saw green day at the MK Bowl, they are amazing live!!!

last live concert i went to was nickleback who were pretty good.

I'd love to go see more but i find its quite expensive.

over a year ago

"sorry wasnt really interrested in the post apart from, did u get shagged?..if so..I wanna see pics

No I didn't!! Lol. Sorry to let the side down paddy x "

I know u got shagged..please dont ruin my filthy future or ex girlfriend fantasy...I know u cant get enough..

just be honest...U did him...in fact u done em all...mmmMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm(wanking)

over a year ago

Seen quite a few bands/artists at festivals and gigs before, usuall to d*unk to remember who though lol I've seen scouting for girls, Amy McDonald, tiesto, showtek and quite a few more but can't think lol

Scott

over a year ago

"Seen REM at MK Bowl, Seen Take That must be about 50 times...I have seen a load as I used to go to the Smash Hits Poll winners party.. I want to start going to see more bands though as I love live gigs... "

haven't been for years but loved going to gigs

over a year ago

Ive been lucky enough to see so many amazing bands live always liked live gigs..and most amazingly over the past 10 years been paid to watch them

over a year ago

Kent

"Seen REM at MK Bowl, Seen Take That must be about 50 times...I have seen a load as I used to go to the Smash Hits Poll winners party.. I want to start going to see more bands though as I love live gigs... "

I went to the smash hits poll winners party in 1989 I think it was x that was the last thing I went to x

By *ouplefunukCouple
over a year ago

North Bristol

U2 were my first gig at Wembley for the Popmart tour. Amazing.

Since then seen loads, including Atomic Kitten Westlife Shaggy and Pink to name a few. Ex used to work for the Birmingham local radio station so we got loads of free tickets.

*Her*

over a year ago

I've had the good fortune to attend literally 100’s of gigs including many by the so called all time greats …..

But by far the most enjoyable were either UFO in their heyday or ACDC back in the Bonn Scott era…

over a year ago

Been to loads of gigs. Mostly rock and metal bands. Metallica x4. Slayer x2. Guns n roses. X2. Korn x3. Slipknot x2. Stone sour x2. The verve. Deftones x2. Lamb of god. Papa roach about 5 times. Halestorm x3. Megadeth. Evile. Lacuna coil. Down. Alice in chains. Trivium. Machine head x2. Iron maiden. A7x. Status quo x3. Hatebreed. Incubus. Breed77. Soulfly. Damageplan. Shinedown. The crave. Lots more but I can't remember them all lol

over a year ago

Seen Robbie Williams three times. Last one I went to he was supported by Toploader and ABC and it was a blast. There was 20 of us and stopped in a Travelodge in Manc and think we got to sleep about 5am

over a year ago

Seen linkin park at mk bowl and bonjovi at old Trafford cricket ground.... Best concerts cos they were outdoors

over a year ago

"I've had the good fortune to attend literally 100’s of gigs including many by the so called all time greats …..

But by far the most enjoyable were either UFO in their heyday or ACDC back in the Bonn Scott era… "

I would have loved to see AC/DC with Bon

By *ackandkateCouple
over a year ago

Truro

We follow a few tribute bands and have seen some great performances and unbelievable value for money.

Best to date are ZZ Tops, Free & Co, Letz Zepp and Livewire ACDC

There's a superb venue at the Wharf in Tavistock.

over a year ago

A friend of mine lives 5 mins away from Mk Bowl and sits in her garden to listen x

over a year ago

"Seen linkin park at mk bowl and bonjovi at old Trafford cricket ground.... Best concerts cos they were outdoors"

Robbie did Old Trafford Cricket Ground too x

over a year ago

Funnily enough the last gig I went to a few months ago was Kaiser chiefs, they were brilliant! Really got the crowd going!

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"Seen Robbie Williams three times. Last one I went to he was supported by Toploader and ABC and it was a blast. There was 20 of us and stopped in a Travelodge in Manc and think we got to sleep about 5am "

I was at that one too! Almost more excited about seeing ABC and Martin Fry in his gold lame suit lol.

Seen Bowie a coupla times, U2 in about 1985 (before Bono got too much up his own arse), Quo on one of their many farewell tours, Japan, Thompson Twins, Blondie to name but a few...

Looking forward to Roger Waters doing The Wall in Wembley in September (and meeting a coupla forumites while I'm in the Big Smoke, hopefully)

over a year ago

100's... Originally as a fan/ music lover and I look after technical systems on big gigs.

Rarely anyone I like though and quite often I'm glad I have isolation earplugs and can hide away from the noise

over a year ago

Kent

"saw green day at the MK Bowl, they are amazing live!!!

I'd love to go see more but i find its quite expensive."

Yeah Evie. This was my Xmas present from my mum and dad but its still cost me a fair bit in trains, tube, food, beer etc. x

over a year ago

Just remembered that I saw feeder, was brilliant !

over a year ago

in the early 80's went to mk bowl and in one day saw status quo, black sabath, iron maiden ,and a few more was a rocker then lol

over a year ago

"Seen Robbie Williams three times. Last one I went to he was supported by Toploader and ABC and it was a blast. There was 20 of us and stopped in a Travelodge in Manc and think we got to sleep about 5am

I was at that one too! Almost more excited about seeing ABC and Martin Fry in his gold lame suit lol.

Seen Bowie a coupla times, U2 in about 1985 (before Bono got too much up his own arse), Quo on one of their many farewell tours, Japan, Thompson Twins, Blondie to name but a few...

Looking forward to Roger Waters doing The Wall in Wembley in September (and meeting a coupla forumites while I'm in the Big Smoke, hopefully) "

I was right @ the front and only being 5 foot I was so worried about getting squashed and carried away lol x x

over a year ago

Kent

"Seen linkin park at mk bowl and bonjovi at old Trafford cricket ground.... Best concerts cos they were outdoors"

I'd love to see linkin park x

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"saw green day at the MK Bowl, they are amazing live!!!

I'd love to go see more but i find its quite expensive.

Yeah Evie. This was my Xmas present from my mum and dad but its still cost me a fair bit in trains, tube, food, beer etc. x "

oooohhhh i forgot i am going to see the big reunion tour in Decmember!!! get to see five, b*witched etc, soooooo excited about that!

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I got front row tickets for Take that when they were in their prime...I was a member of their fanclub so used to get tickets a few days before they were released..It cost my parents a fortune..

over a year ago

Seen George Michael at Hampden with Sophie Ellis Bextor as support. Was a great gig, and I had no voice at the end of it.

By *eryBigGirlWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

"Seen George Michael at Hampden with Sophie Ellis Bextor as support. Was a great gig, and I had no voice at the end of it."

Yeah George was amazing in his time.

I see far too many and spend far too much on gigs as ticket prices are ridiculous. Seeing Robbie this month but can't wait to see The Script next month at Brid Spa - love decent bands at tiny venues

over a year ago

"

oooohhhh i forgot i am going to see the big reunion tour in Decmember!!! get to see five, b*witched etc, soooooo excited about that!"

It's appalling

over a year ago

"Seen linkin park at mk bowl and bonjovi at old Trafford cricket ground.... Best concerts cos they were outdoors

I'd love to see linkin park x "

They were awsome..... J-z was there too

over a year ago

"Seen George Michael at Hampden with Sophie Ellis Bextor as support. Was a great gig, and I had no voice at the end of it."

Sophie Ellis Bextor , god I used to fancy her mum something rotten .

over a year ago

Radio head and supergrass were amazing in their home town.

Take that, cold play, killers, wheatus, magic numbers, couple of party in the parks.

The big stadiums are good, but the more intimate venues are amazing.

By *oulou45Woman
over a year ago

Bucks

I've seen ABC,Culture Club Human League,Heaven 17. I love 80,s music. Also saw Asward, Jackie Graham, Go West and Chesney Hawks at Butlins. Was shocked as Chesney put on a good show.

over a year ago

First ever gig I went was when I was 14 and went to see Sisters of Mercy (original line up) live at the Royal Albert Hall.. I was hooked..

Seen loads.. The Mission, The Cure, Siouxsie & the Banshees, PIL, The Cult, David Bowie, Nirvana, Buzzcocks, Killing Joke, Manics, Coldplay, The Cranberries, Motorhead, The Damned, The Ramones, The Prodigy, Faithless, Chem Brothers, Rocket From The Crypt, Depeche Mode.. Loads more.. Love gigging especially when a road trip away is involved!!

over a year ago

its not a gig but we are friends with George harrisons brother harry harrison have been for some years and its like George is with us

over a year ago

"First ever gig I went was when I was 14 and went to see Sisters of Mercy (original line up) live at the Royal Albert Hall.. I was hooked..

Seen loads.. The Mission, The Cure, Siouxsie & the Banshees, PIL, The Cult, David Bowie, Nirvana, Buzzcocks, Killing Joke, Manics, Coldplay, The Cranberries, Motorhead, The Damned, The Ramones, The Prodigy, Faithless, Chem Brothers, Rocket From The Crypt, Depeche Mode.. Loads more.. Love gigging especially when a road trip away is involved!! "

If you weren't a bloke I'd be flirting furiously now based on *most* of your musical taste (you can keep Bowie, Cranberries and Coldplay) all its missing is some old school soul/r&b and some drum & bass.... Have you stolen my record collection?

over a year ago

Love going to gigs. Too many bands to mention, with festivals and gigs over the years. I'm into rock, Indie and metal so bands along them lines.

over a year ago

I've been to quite a few concerts, starting with new romantic bands in the 80s to heavy rock bands. My fave recent concert would be Rammstein.

The last concert I went to was Steel Panther last November. I've always liked the glitter and spandex of 80s rock bands like Van Halen, Motley Crue, Kiss etc and Steel Panther just send all this up perfectly. It was brilliant to dress up in leopardskin, satin bright purple leggings and fringed cowboy boots for a fun night with some rocking tunes. And of course the best part was being right at the front and Michael Starr shaking my hand and singing an incredibly filthy

lyric to me

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

would love to see Greenday

One of my most memorable ones was Poalo Nutini, he was great live and I watched Scouting for Girls a few years ago too

My last was Olly Murrs, not really a fan, but it was a free gig!

over a year ago

"Funnily enough the last gig I went to a few months ago was Kaiser chiefs, they were brilliant! Really got the crowd going! "

Was that at the civic? that was my last gig. Seen them a few times, always good atmosphere. Arctic Monkeys was a top gig too.

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

saw pink floyd 1972 earls court play dark side of the moon for the first time

anyone heard of focus.. saw them twice... curved air ..billy joel .... fairport convention

over a year ago

"First ever gig I went was when I was 14 and went to see Sisters of Mercy (original line up) live at the Royal Albert Hall.. I was hooked..

Seen loads.. The Mission, The Cure, Siouxsie & the Banshees, PIL, The Cult, David Bowie, Nirvana, Buzzcocks, Killing Joke, Manics, Coldplay, The Cranberries, Motorhead, The Damned, The Ramones, The Prodigy, Faithless, Chem Brothers, Rocket From The Crypt, Depeche Mode.. Loads more.. Love gigging especially when a road trip away is involved!!

If you weren't a bloke I'd be flirting furiously now based on *most* of your musical taste (you can keep Bowie, Cranberries and Coldplay) all its missing is some old school soul/r&b and some drum & bass.... Have you stolen my record collection? "

I don't steal records collections only a wife from a knowing husband from time ti time

over a year ago

"never been to a gig/concert "

Snap x

over a year ago

If you weren't a bloke I'd be flirting furiously now based on *most* of your musical taste (you can keep Bowie, Cranberries and Coldplay) all its missing is some old school soul/r&b and some drum & bass.... Have you stolen my record collection?

I don't steal records collections only a wife from a knowing husband from time ti time "

Borrowing a mans wife is one thing but nicking his tunes......

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

Never been to see really big acts but I am a groupy where the Scissor Sisters are concerned ..been to belfast/dublin twice scotland manchester and various other venues..Usually do 5 or so concerts each time they visit. Love it.. the atmosphere the friends I have made and the After Parties. Wow Im one lucky Mother ..

over a year ago

"Seen Robbie Williams three times. Last one I went to he was supported by Toploader and ABC and it was a blast. There was 20 of us and stopped in a Travelodge in Manc and think we got to sleep about 5am

Looking forward to Roger Waters doing The Wall in Wembley in September (and meeting a coupla forumites while I'm in the Big Smoke, hopefully)

I was right @ the front and only being 5 foot I was so worried about getting squashed and carried away lol x x "

I got a ticket for Roger Waters @ Wembley it'll be the first time to the new wembley for me, only went to the old wembley to see pink floyd in 1988 which was my first proper gig. Tend to just go glastonbury nowadays £200 for the amount of bands you can see isn't bad when you think about it.

Wish I'd been to see Queen before Freddie Mercury died.

By *kywatcherMan
over a year ago

Southwick

Doctors of Madness...Siouxie and the Banshees.....Rainbow....Four Tops...Supremes....Temptations....Stevie Wonder....UFO. ....Budgie. ....Judas Priest....ZZ Top....Kansas...Cars...Animals...Y &T......Gruppo Sportivo....Golden Earring. ...Devo.....Black Sabbath...The Who...Sham 69....Stranglers. ..Ramones. ...John Martyn....Roy Harper....Ian Dury. ...Jethro Tull. ..Suzi Quattro...Jam....Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel....Sensational Alex Harvey Band...Europe....Roxy Music....Gary Human...

By *kywatcherMan
over a year ago

Southwick

Oh and Queen...Led Zepellin. .Genesis....and many many more.

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Seen loads.. The Mission, The Cure, Siouxsie & the Banshees, PIL, The Cult, David Bowie, Nirvana, Buzzcocks, Killing Joke, Manics, Coldplay, The Cranberries, Motorhead, The Damned, The Ramones, The Prodigy, Faithless, Chem Brothers, Rocket From The Crypt, Depeche Mode.. Loads more.. Love gigging especially when a road trip away is involved!! "

Owwwwwww I can tick off a lot of them and add a few.

It all started with punk bands, but grew to a general love of live music... including:

Michael Jackson

James Brown and RHCP

Run DMC

Martha Reeves

Cameo

Grand Master Flash

Dead Kennedys

Arctic Monkeys

Muse

Public Enemy

Jamiroquai

Beyoncé

MC Hammer.... don't laugh it was great.

over a year ago

Owwwwwww I can tick off a lot of them and add a few.

It all started with punk bands, but grew to a general love of live music... including:

Michael Jackson

James Brown and RHCP

Run DMC

Martha Reeves

Cameo

Grand Master Flash

Dead Kennedys

Arctic Monkeys

Muse

Public Enemy

Jamiroquai

Beyoncé

MC Hammer.... don't laugh it was great.

"

One band I wish had seen off your list is The Dead Kennedys.. You lucky lady!!

Same here Polo with me now although I still have a passion for my punk & alternative music routes, my tastes over the years have become more diversed enjoying club dance and especially trance sounds..

By *uperock99Man
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

"Been to loads of gigs. Mostly rock and metal bands. Metallica x4. Slayer x2. Guns n roses. X2. Korn x3. Slipknot x2. Stone sour x2. The verve. Deftones x2. Lamb of god. Papa roach about 5 times. Halestorm x3. Megadeth. Evile. Lacuna coil. Down. Alice in chains. Trivium. Machine head x2. Iron maiden. A7x. Status quo x3. Hatebreed. Incubus. Breed77. Soulfly. Damageplan. Shinedown. The crave. Lots more but I can't remember them all lol"
Metal forever

over a year ago

Two biggest were Michael Jackson at Cardiff arms park and Tom jones at Ponty park, his home town, Bryan Adams a few times and the sadest concert must be Johnny Logan when I was about 13, he was fab but thes embarrassing really

Many more but nothing too exciting!

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Not really into concert going but did see George Michael at Manchester's MEN. Excellent.

Post new Message to Thread